Tanya Burr #15 She's expecting a little sprog but we haven't forgotten about the dog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else read these as not so subtle digs at Jim? Love it. He’s such a twit.
100%! Glad Jim’s having a taste of his own medicine here, he’s been banging on ad infinitum about how much better Sarah is than Tanya all the time (despite treating her the same way), so I found this quite amusing.

Let’s face it, they’re both dicks but if they’ve found a deeper level (lol) with other people then fair play to them. Tanya seems to has learnt from her time with Jim but he definitely seems to be worse this time round and his exploitation of Margot.

Reactions: 27
100%! Glad Jim’s having a taste of his own medicine here, he’s been banging on ad infinitum about how much better Sarah is than Tanya all the time (despite treating her the same way), so I found this quite amusing.

Let’s face it, they’re both dicks but if they’ve found a deeper level (lol) with other people then fair play to them. Tanya seems to has learnt from her time with Jim but he definitely seems to be worse this time round and his exploitation of Margot.
I feel the reasons Tanya has "learned" not to put everything online are that she was in a better financial positions, so she could stop the YouTube videos, the access to her personal life without as much impact as Jim, who has a significantly smaller following and zero discernible talent. She also wanted to pretend to be a big actress who doesn't need to show people her personal life to be relevant and probably hide whatever unhealthy tit she did to be skinny. And then she started dating HWM who is obviously super private.

I wonder if she would have learned if she had been bankrupted or if she'd dated someone less clammed up.

Reactions: 12
The thing is, I think Jim makes little digs at Tanya on his Insta stories but I'd be surprised if she even watches them

Reactions: 18
I feel mean saying this but she really comes across as a bit of an imbecile. A bubbly, happy imbecile.

Plenty of people tell family, friends and work before 12 weeks. We told anyone who we would need support from were anything to go wrong. I had to tell my boss at 6 weeks (called him from the hospital) as my HG was so severe I was admitted for a week.

It sounds like she hasn’t had a pleasant time but she’s been very fortunate to be able to stay at home and rest. The rest of the world have to get on with things as best they can.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
She does still seem supremely self involved. That line about looking at her boyfriend and thinking 'what will I do if you get sick'. Who would look after Tanya then if he selfishly was unwell 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I agree she lacks a lot of self awareness regarding her privileged position as a self employed wealthy white woman who likely has access to private health care and lots of bed rest, and of course a supportive partner who could stay at home with her. I don't begrudge her staying at home and not doing much though because I feel that all too often women are expected to put up and shut up with horrendous pregnancy symptoms like HG, extreme fatigue and anxiety etc whilst working. Lots women become genuinely ill in early pregnancy, I had severe HG that meant I had to be signed off work for several weeks and ended up taking my maternity leave early. I was also lucky that due to the pandemic my partner could work from home and help look after me.
The toll that took on my mental health was really severe too. I remember worrying that people at work would think I was over exaggerating and just being lazy.
Anyway I think it's good for women to be honest about how awful pregnancy can make some women feel,and women should be allowed to complain about it if they want, but maybe she could of mentioned how lucky she is to be in such a fortunate position.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I feel the reasons Tanya has "learned" not to put everything online are that she was in a better financial positions, so she could stop the YouTube videos, the access to her personal life without as much impact as Jim, who has a significantly smaller following and zero discernible talent. She also wanted to pretend to be a big actress who doesn't need to show people her personal life to be relevant and probably hide whatever unhealthy tit she did to be skinny. And then she started dating HWM who is obviously super private.

I wonder if she would have learned if she had been bankrupted or if she'd dated someone less clammed up.
Who knows, we can only go off what we can see. I’m guessing HWM has a bit of influence on her in terms of the privacy thing. I just hope she doesn’t sell the baby all over the internet like her ex-husband has.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Sarah must be seething. She did a similar interview at this stage in her pregnancy, didn't she?

Wonder if Tarn is looking to do a (gulp) pregnancy book.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Personally I feel that they should use their platform to talk about the fact that so many women have to carry on and work and that that is just expected by society. However they just talk about themselves. She could have easily said: "Not only was i lucky enough I had a partner who could work from home and take care of me, I also was in a position where I didn't have to commute to work everyday. I was allowed to feel sick without having to go into an office." Then she could talk about the issue or at least empower women who go into the office and work hard while being pregnant. Wasn't she an ambassador or something? Can't she use her platform to raise awareness around something?
Maybe she can just see herself as the royals. They have a platform, don't share a lot about their private life and are part of a charity.
Yes my thoughts exactly!

Reactions: 1
I really enjoyed reading that article and honestly, I think she’s right. We hide our pregnancies until 12 weeks in case something goes wrong - which has taught women to believe that miscarriages are something to be hidden away and ashamed of, which is so wrong
Who’s ashamed of a miscarriage though? People don’t tell people before 12 weeks as most often after 3 month it’s can’t be hidden anymore and should you lose the baby before 12 weeks you don’t have to tell everyone what happened. It saves the pain and heartbreak going over the same thing again and again.

Reactions: 14
Who’s ashamed of a miscarriage though? People don’t tell people before 12 weeks as most often after 3 month it’s can’t be hidden anymore and should you lose the baby before 12 weeks you don’t have to tell everyone what happened. It saves the pain and heartbreak going over the same thing again and again.
Lots of women, they feel they’re to blame.

Reactions: 33
Zoe Sugg has not been seen nor heard since Tanya's announcement rumour has it she's sobbing into her Domino's pizza that Tarn will get all the pregnancy attention.😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Lots of women get blamed for having a miscarriage though.
"What's wrong with your body?" "Were you not careful?" "You should/shouldn't have done X, Y or Z"
Women get shamed so incredibly much ugh

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Who knows, we can only go off what we can see. I’m guessing HWM has a bit of influence on her in terms of the privacy thing. I just hope she doesn’t sell the baby all over the internet like her ex-husband has.
Don't know about selling the baby but she's already using the bump for likes. She hadn't posted in ages, in general she hasn't been consistent on her grid or her stories for years, but now we get two grid posts back to back and stories.

They are all attention whores. She's just better at disguising it and if she feels baby content gives her some relevance, i wouldn't put it past her to use it. They're all influencers. She's no different. The one obstacle i see is HWM.

Zoe Sugg has not been seen nor heard since Tanya's announcement rumour has it she's sobbing into her Domino's pizza that Tarn will get all the pregnancy attention.😭😭
Or she's working her wiles to get baby #2 to one up Tanya and show her just how many more likes she can get, even for just a second baby 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Don't know about selling the baby but she's already using the bump for likes. She hadn't posted in ages, in general she hasn't been consistent on her grid or her stories for years, but now we get two grid posts back to back and stories.

They are all attention whores. She's just better at disguising it and if she feels baby content gives her some relevance, i wouldn't put it past her to use it. They're all influencers. She's no different. The one obstacle i see is HWM.
Yes I agree. I find Tanya quite inoffensive tbh. And am pleased she got away from that absolute attention seeking wierdo Jim. But she is an influencer and will no doubt use her pregnancy and possibly baby for income. She can pretend it is is oh so subtle and incidental but it will still be there.
Hopefully HWM, who does sound decent, can rein it in. Sarah hasn't managed this with her baby and Jim 😔

Reactions: 28
I do wish she'd spoken more to those without her privilege, but my main takeaway from this isn't that influencers should complain less about pregnancy, but that everyone should complain more.
Someone having to hide it as they feel awful, or be judged for their pregnancy "lowering their productivity," or having to continue working multiple jobs to afford the kid they're going through hell to carry is bs.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
😂😂😂 this is funny but she did comment on tarns post when she announced

Reactions: 3
She does seem to think she is a huge celebrity. She wasn't even ever the top one at Gleam. She isn't Jennifer Lawrence even if she bought the same dungarees.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.