Tanya Burr #10 Two line Tanya strikes again

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was the director on crack when they approved that scene? Because I just can’t get over how bad and unnecessary it was.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Oh dear. That was dreadful. Even if I wasn't watching her specifically I would've thought she was bad. The way she kept saying 'er so unconvincingly.
Oh Tanya. You just cannot act.

Reactions: 9
So…she didn't like the other people in the scene? Why? Did she know them? Was she mad that woman was pregnant? Or that she didn't look pregnant? Why was she cross when she asked if the woman wanted gloss on colour? Why didn't she offer glossy colour? So many questions!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Can she please quit now? As much as I enjoy the absolutely irredeemably bad acting, surely she's not completely delusional and can see she has no talent. If it were possible to have negative talent in something, she'd have that.

Reactions: 26
Thanks!
I feel kind of sorry for her, ex make-up artist Tanya can’t act a make-up artist. She could have even played herself instead of trying to act and it would have come off better. She’s just so incredibly bad. Everything I’ve seen her do, she always does this kind of lazy voice throaty thing, it’s terrible. It’s where she says ‘I love that game’ in the clip. Whoever she’s paid to train her needs firing.
Video link for anyone who can’t get iplayer
I’m confused, she had the brush on the other actresses lips while the other actress was delivering lines. Why it just looked so awkward? Then with the “lip brush” she briefly moves to the eyes? It was bad.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I always think of Tanya as the dementor of acting. Sucking the joy and life out of every scene she is in. Her wooden monotone delivery of her line(s), and face devoid of any expression apart from sulky.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I burst out laughing when she said that line. Was she meant to sound so rude and grumpy or was it meant to be a nice, genuine comment. I couldn’t work it out 😂😂 She doesn’t have an acting bone in her body I’m afraid. She could take acting lessons for 20 years and she wouldn’t improve.
Same - was she supposed to deliver that line like all of her others - slightly annoyed and with a face like a slapped arse?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Thanks for the time stamp! She is really really bad - the way she was waving around that blusher brush at the beginning 😂😂.

How has she not improved since cheese shop lady!?
I noticed the way she was applying makeup wasn’t even realistic 😭🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Well that was predictable isn't it ? 😅 I can't get over the fact she announced her 1 sec bad acting for everyone to watch.
It's like calling your family to watch a bad movie when you are seen once passing by the street.
If she is ina a movie one day, it will be because it was paid by one of her ig ad content.
Noone can be fooled Tanya. If the rain of bad reviews cannot stop you..yout ego must be the size of titanic.

Reactions: 6
I noticed the way she was applying makeup wasn’t even realistic 😭🥴
The brush at the start of the scene, so aggressive and fast! 😱🤣 she looked so annoyed through all of it, when she said the other person didn’t look pregnant at 3 months 🤦🏼‍♀️ It’d more realistic if she was actually 6 months and didn’t look pregnant. She was just so salty with her lines and when she says it’s lovely about the pregnancy, at least smile and fake happiness. That’s what I’d do in real life if someone told me they were pregnant and I didn’t know them.

Reactions: 12
It would have come off better if the lines were delivered in a ditzy manner and oooh thats lovely kind of thing and also in a northern accent. Not even sure what that accent was, it was an attempt at something?! I bet that was the intention on script rather than the passive aggressive awkward vibe Tanya went for.

Reactions: 15
Off topic - I'm super behind on this thread to the extent that I thought 'two line Tanya' was in reference to a drug habit.

Absolutely cannot believe that she is still deludedly and half heartedly pursuing an 'acting career'. Her non-existent charisma is as flat as her hair.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
That was painful to watch! No chemistry with the other actors, didn't add anything to the scene other than being awkward and out of place - I didn't get a sense of her character at all! The makeup application was hilarious and it was so weird when she was hovering with the brush while the girl was speaking.

Reactions: 11
I actually think that the smol part of the makeup artist was to bring a bit of comedy to the scene :oops:

Like she was told that this makeup artist was a confident, no nonsense, professional but shadey witch, unbothered be people rushing her, unphased by high-profile clients, and brash enough to even insert herself into clients' conversations when she wasn't even asked, such as saying "I love that game".

However instead of coming off as those things, she just came off as rude! The worst example being the actual sneer she gave the girl about the pregnancy. Had she delivered it more like Streep's deadpan "Florals? For Spring? Groundbreaking" line, I think it would have been funnier. Or if she wanted to go a bit more obvious sarcasm, she could have given a bit of Regina George "Omg I love your skirt!" energy, with a quick flick of her eyes up and down her.

However she did neither. Whatever this minuscule role was, she clearly didn't understand it, because I doubt the director's direction was: "OK so you absolutely loathe these people and you want to make them know that you'd rather be anywhere else than there working for them"

Also Tanya can't do a 'common' accent to save her life. It's 'Confidence' all over again.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I actually think that the smol part of the makeup artist was to bring a bit of comedy to the scene :oops:

Like she was told that this makeup artist was a confident, no nonsense, professional but shadey witch, unbothered be people rushing her, unphased by high-profile clients, and brash enough to even insert herself into clients' conversations when she wasn't even asked, such as saying "I love that game".

However instead of coming off as those things, she just came off as rude! The worst example being the actual sneer she gave the girl about the pregnancy. Had she delivered it more like Streep's deadpan "Florals? For Spring? Groundbreaking" line, I think it would have been funnier. Or if she wanted to go a bit more obvious sarcasm, she could have given a bit of Regina George "Omg I love your skirt!" energy, with a quick flick of her eyes up and down her.

However she did neither. Whatever this minuscule role was, she clearly didn't understand it, because I doubt the director's direction was: "OK so you absolutely loathe these people and you want to make them know that you'd rather be anywhere else than there working for them"

Also Tanya can't do a 'common' accent to save her life. It's 'Confidence' all over again.
Ye her accent really fucks her over

Reactions: 5
I’ve watched the Syndicate from the first episode as I’ve loved all the other series’ they’ve done so far but this one has been bad from start to finish. The writing has been terrible, not up to Kay Mellor’s usual standard.

I saw a clip with Gaynor Fay (Kay Mellor’s daughter and she also has a part in it) and she said that she saw Joe in Waitress and thought he was really good so that’s how he got his role. He definately doesn’t have enough pull to get Tanya a role. I reckon how she gets roles is sadly her social media following. It’s happening more & more these days.

She was horrendous though but partly down to the director, if they didn’t like how she delivered her lines then they would have said to her and reshot.The acting has beenawful all series though.

Reactions: 19
Can somebody please tell me which link or where can I see tanyas “acting” ? I tried searching but couldn‘t find.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.