TalkTV & TalkRadio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As it's almost the end of 2023 I am reflecting on stuff that has happened this year and I think this is the year talk tv/radio messed up badly.
My opinion only of course, but ....

They played musical chairs with Kevin O'Sullivan. It was hard to find when he was on because they moved him so much.

They overplayed his angry man persona so it is now boring and then they paired him with another presenter which has totally ruined his shows.
His first shows had interesting guests and were good entertainment.
Now he just shouts over his co host who keeps yapping like an overexcited puppy.

They moved Mike Graham and Ian Collins to slots that don't work as well as the old ones and neither are on long enough now.
Get rid of Piers Morgan at 8pm for a start and extend Mike's show - 8pm til 11.
And if Morgan really must stay, put him on 11 til midnight and stop repeating his show altogether.

They put Kyle on at breakfast and paired him with that awful woman.
He isn't right for that timeslot. His rat-a-tat style of delivery is too shouty for early mornings.
And his co host is just awful. Maybe give her a solo show, see what ratings she gets on her own.
If people like her, fair enough but if not - get rid.
Stop having two show hosts.

Also, Cristo seems to be lost in the schedules. 5am weekends? Ridiculous.

Bottom line, I hardly listen/watch any more.

They've ruined a good station.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I've gone over to Times Radio, but pop back to Cristo most weekend mornings.

Reactions: 3
Totally agree. I was an avid Talk listener but find myself switching off more and more. What is with all this dual presenting? Or even a main presenter and two guests. It is happening with all the shows now. It is awful to listen to as they all shout over each other. General public calls are less and less now. They have completely ruined what was an excellent station

Reactions: 4
Totally agree. I was an avid Talk listener but find myself switching off more and more. What is with all this dual presenting? Or even a main presenter and two guests. It is happening with all the shows now. It is awful to listen to as they all shout over each other. General public calls are less and less now. They have completely ruined what was an excellent station
Even Mike Graham has a panel on with him now.
Boring.

Well done talk tv.
You've well and truly ruined yourself.

Reactions: 3
Even Mike Graham has a panel on with him now.
Boring.

Well done talk tv.
You've well and truly ruined yourself.
I used to watch Mike every day, however now in the evening, I tend to watch one-two shows a week. Think it was a big mistake moving him to the evening.

I suspect some resignations were on the cards, hence the shuffling about.

I'd also add the excellent Petrie Hoskin is also given a raw deal by Talk TV, as is Cristo.

Cristo has been given 7am-11am on Xmas Day, probably because no one else wanted to do it.
---
20231225_100411.jpg

Cristo's bottle of Champagne exploded live on air. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Spent a few minutes mopping up the studio afterwards.
---
Cristo's mother swigging Hendrick's Gin straight from the bottle at just gone 10am. 🀣🀣

20231225_101213.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I used to watch Mike every day, however now in the evening, I tend to watch one-two shows a week. Think it was a big mistake moving him to the evening.

I'd also add the excellent Petrie Hoskin is also given a raw deal by Talk TV, as is Cristo.

Cristo has been given 7am-11am on Xmas Day, probably because no one else wanted to do it.
---
View attachment 2649938

---
Cristo's mother swigging Hendrick's Gin straight from the bottle at just gone 10am. 🀣🀣

View attachment 2649952
I like Cristo but they put him on at times when I can't always listen.

Like you, I listened to Mike every day. Now hardly ever.

2023 the year they ruined talk tv.

Reactions: 6

---
View attachment 2649938

---

View attachment 2649952
Yeah i like Cristo. I suspect he doesn't enjoy the early hours and wants a change, but talktv are stuck in their ways. Not sure why they need Kevin and Alex on twice a day. Not even sure it works tbh.

Reactions: 5
Yeah i like Cristo. I suspect he doesn't enjoy the early hours and wants a change, but talktv are stuck in their ways. Not sure why they need Kevin and Alex on twice a day. Not even sure it works tbh.

It doesn't work.
His Mister Angry schtick is really boring and she's lile an overexcited puppy. They both talk over each other.

A turn off.

I found this -

and discover that at 9pm tonight Kev and Ally Ross are on doing their review of the year.

I check the onscreen tv guide and it's Piers Morgan repeats on a loop.
I figured my tv hadnt updated itself and tuned in at 9pm.
Nope. The guide is correct. It's Piers talking to Priscilla Presley AGAIN on tv.

Turns out Ken and Ally are on radio only.

Hopefully the link I've posted will help others fins out what's on.

Reactions: 2
I found this -

and discover that at 9pm tonight Kev and Ally Ross are on doing their review of the year.

I check the onscreen tv guide and it's Piers Morgan repeats on a loop.
I figured my tv hadnt updated itself and tuned in at 9pm.
Nope. The guide is correct. It's Piers talking to Priscilla Presley AGAIN on tv.

Turns out Ken and Ally are on radio only.

Hopefully the link I've posted will help others fins out what's on.
It is largely a day of the secondary presenters today:

7am - Daisy McAndrew and JJ.
10am - Ian Collins
1pm - James Max
3pm - Penny Smith
5pm - Petrie Hosken
7pm - Year according to Mike G (repeat)
8pm - Piers Morgan Prescilla (repeat)
9pm - Piers Morgan Uncensored
10pm - Andre Walker

Reactions: 1
I'm sick of Piers Morgan repeats.

I didn't want to watch them first time around so why are they repeated so often, talk tv???

Take a hint will ya.
He's not worth what you are paying him.

• Heart
Lois Perry is getting on my nerves lately. The lips keep getting bigger and detracts from her input and she can't stay still. I think she's on coke like Lizzy Cundy.

• Haha
Yes she is. It might be the earpiece. I don't think they can concentrate when they've got the producers in their ears.

Thanks. Didn't know her name but have seen her and Andre.
I can't be doing with their style of presenting.

Too loud.

Thanks. Didn't know her name but have seen her and Andre.
I can't be doing with their style of presenting.

Too loud.
Ash is usually with him but taken the holiday off.
Lois cheeks as well, too much stuffing. I'm sure she looked fine before but she keeps getting more as they all do then their looks are gone forever.
---
I thought the woman who presented with Andre was called Daniela ?
That's on their Saturday show, him and Danielle.

---
View attachment 2649938

---

View attachment 2649952
I was on my own Christmas Day and I love watching Cristo it's become a tradition now. Yes he volunteered and nobody else wanted to do it. I think it's a shame how he has been pushed out and I do like Petrie too. I agree she is not given a good slot either and just wheeled in when no one else wants to a slot over Christmas. I also agree the changes in general haven't been good. They seem to have been hell bent on getting the likes of Jeremy, Piers and Vanessa in because they were big names and to heck with the rest!! I thought Cristo's mum looked quite young (although I had older parents), but she can certainly knock back the gin!

Lois Perry is getting on my nerves lately. The lips keep getting bigger and detracts from her input and she can't stay still. I think she's on coke like Lizzy Cundy.
Never watched her before but just caught some of her on the woke that was 😟 such an awful show. Andre is such a knobhead.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.