Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chita

VIP Member
As it's almost the end of 2023 I am reflecting on stuff that has happened this year and I think this is the year talk tv/radio messed up badly.
My opinion only of course, but ....

They played musical chairs with Kevin O'Sullivan. It was hard to find when he was on because they moved him so much.

They overplayed his angry man persona so it is now boring and then they paired him with another presenter which has totally ruined his shows.
His first shows had interesting guests and were good entertainment.
Now he just shouts over his co host who keeps yapping like an overexcited puppy.

They moved Mike Graham and Ian Collins to slots that don't work as well as the old ones and neither are on long enough now.
Get rid of Piers Morgan at 8pm for a start and extend Mike's show - 8pm til 11.
And if Morgan really must stay, put him on 11 til midnight and stop repeating his show altogether.

They put Kyle on at breakfast and paired him with that awful woman.
He isn't right for that timeslot. His rat-a-tat style of delivery is too shouty for early mornings.
And his co host is just awful. Maybe give her a solo show, see what ratings she gets on her own.
If people like her, fair enough but if not - get rid.
Stop having two show hosts.

Also, Cristo seems to be lost in the schedules. 5am weekends? Ridiculous.

Bottom line, I hardly listen/watch any more.

They've ruined a good station.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

IngressUK

VIP Member
Even Mike Graham has a panel on with him now.
Boring.

Well done talk tv.
You've well and truly ruined yourself.
I used to watch Mike every day, however now in the evening, I tend to watch one-two shows a week. Think it was a big mistake moving him to the evening.

I suspect some resignations were on the cards, hence the shuffling about.

I'd also add the excellent Petrie Hoskin is also given a raw deal by Talk TV, as is Cristo.

Cristo has been given 7am-11am on Xmas Day, probably because no one else wanted to do it.
---
20231225_100411.jpg

Cristo's bottle of Champagne exploded live on air. 😆😆

Spent a few minutes mopping up the studio afterwards.
---
Cristo's mother swigging Hendrick's Gin straight from the bottle at just gone 10am. 🤣🤣

20231225_101213.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8

Chita

VIP Member
I used to watch Mike every day, however now in the evening, I tend to watch one-two shows a week. Think it was a big mistake moving him to the evening.

I'd also add the excellent Petrie Hoskin is also given a raw deal by Talk TV, as is Cristo.

Cristo has been given 7am-11am on Xmas Day, probably because no one else wanted to do it.
---
View attachment 2649938

---
Cristo's mother swigging Hendrick's Gin straight from the bottle at just gone 10am. 🤣🤣

View attachment 2649952
I like Cristo but they put him on at times when I can't always listen.

Like you, I listened to Mike every day. Now hardly ever.

2023 the year they ruined talk tv.

Reactions: 6

Chita

VIP Member
Talk radio was great.
Piers has ruined it.
I used to listen most weeknights. Now I don't.

i10gal

Well it has been a few weeks now since the new schedule and I am afraid to say I am listening less and less. Can no longer listen to breakfast as Jeremy Kyle is too shouty. The half hour show at 9.30 with Kev and Alex is completely pointless and I am now finding them more irritating and have picked up on Kev now having quite a few digs at Alex. Julia is OK and I can listen to her. Then 1pm back to Kev and Alex and I just don't get the two people presenting format. 3pm is good with Ian Collins but why only one hour? Vanessa is another whom I have started switching off at 4pm.

I have put the radio on at night to listen to Mike but his show is just not the same. It is far too rushed and too full of other guests rather than the general public. When he does take a call with the general public the poor person gets hardly any time to say anything before Mike says he needs to go.

In my opinion the powers that be at Talk TV have ruined the station.

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
There's a 5 min interview he's done with the mail. I watched the first 30 seconds and he firstly talks about all the horrendous abuse he's received so gave up watching. Obviously abuse is not acceptable, but so often a comment someone doesn't like they call abuse. He isn't the victim here.

Her trip has probably been planned for a while with the half term to get away. Probably for the best if he's chatting to the papers.

Reactions: 5

Chita

VIP Member
I wish they would stop twatting about with Kevin O Sullivan's show.

I tuned in this week because I love his segment with Ally Ross on Saturday nights.
They aren't on. It's Andre Walker and a woman I don't know.

No sign of Kev or Ally.

A couple of Saturdays ago I just happened to switch on earlier than usual to find they'd put Kev and Ally on the show before their scheduled one. So I was able to watch them by pure chsnce.
All this switching slots is doing my head in.

glasgow27

VIP Member
Kevin and James Whale had an interesting handover yesterday:

2:56:10 is when James comes on. Seems to be defending Hancock.

• Haha
  • Wow

Yel

Chatty Member
She looked great in the pap pics.

Ben called the women warning Vanessa trolls. That word must go down in history for it's lost meaning. Now it's just a catchall for anyone someone doesn't like.

Mediamyster

@Mediamyster yes she did and when talking to the lady about singletons having to spend more living alone than couples V said at the end of the interview “you may not realise how much this relates to me” or words like that.

Seeing as Ben and Vanessa no longer follow one another on Instagram and the fact he is looking sad in a coffee shop and a taxi, seems to me that they’ve split. He filmed himself walking into a police station on Tuesday saying that he was reporting a troll but then took it down. Thinking that he’s been playing away and she’s caught him out.
I absolutely adore Vanessa, she has a beautiful family, many friends. She will be fine. She’s also not wearing her engagement ring! Frankly, I don’t know how they've survived this long. That god awful chat show they did together on Channel 5. Vanessa is a very intelligent woman, Ben is nowhere near on her level, he’s a karaoke singer at best, and can barely string a sentence together, I know opposites attract and all that, but she could have done so much better in the first place.

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
What do you think of Mike Graham? I don't agree with everything he says, but he does make me laugh. I have him on for background company, rather than JOB who I find terminally depressing; or those 2 idiots on This Morning with their "hilarious" childish innuendo and giggling.

glasgow27

VIP Member
Nick de Bois is leaving his weekend show. Coming back for occasional cover but no longer a regular presenter. Shame as I liked him. I wonder if anyone else might exit now we’ve had a month of talkTV and can see whether or not it is the right fit.

• Sad

IngressUK

VIP Member
FkSHGgcaMAAPQAS.jpg

Quite possibly James Whale's last Xmas on Talk TV with his 'Cranky Christmas' show on Xmas Eve and Xmas Day.

Fair play to James carrying on despite him now having terminal cancer.

• Sad

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
Well it has been a few weeks now since the new schedule and I am afraid to say I am listening less and less. Can no longer listen to breakfast as Jeremy Kyle is too shouty. The half hour show at 9.30 with Kev and Alex is completely pointless and I am now finding them more irritating and have picked up on Kev now having quite a few digs at Alex. Julia is OK and I can listen to her. Then 1pm back to Kev and Alex and I just don't get the two people presenting format. 3pm is good with Ian Collins but why only one hour? Vanessa is another whom I have started switching off at 4pm.

I have put the radio on at night to listen to Mike but his show is just not the same. It is far too rushed and too full of other guests rather than the general public. When he does take a call with the general public the poor person gets hardly any time to say anything before Mike says he needs to go.

In my opinion the powers that be at Talk TV have ruined the station.
But don't fret! In a short while it will be all change again! 🙈 😆

• Haha

Chita

VIP Member
Ive stopped watching.
Used to enjoy the evening show from 7 til 10 and then a bit of James Whale.
No longer.

I still listen to Mike Graham some mornings but I watched two of his Saturday night shows with Kevin O'Sullivan and they were annoying.

Them drawing crappy pictures and singing eurovision songs and talking over each other.

Neither can draw and neither can sing, so it was just noise.
Kevin's shows used to have great topics and interesting guests.
That all seems to have gone.
He's now covering other shows so I never know when he's on.
His Sunday show is on at in inconvenient time for me, so, that's it. Bye bye Kevin.

Whatamadworld

Chatty Member

---
View attachment 2649938

---

View attachment 2649952
Yeah i like Cristo. I suspect he doesn't enjoy the early hours and wants a change, but talktv are stuck in their ways. Not sure why they need Kevin and Alex on twice a day. Not even sure it works tbh.

glasgow27

VIP Member
Had a look at the schedule on the app, confirmed that Kevin is solo on Talkaway this week.

Andre Walker getting plenty of cover work, good to see. Wonder if he'll be permanent eventually.

Reactions: 4

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
LOL. I really don't have much if any gossip, sorry. I'd share it if I did, I really have no loyalties to anyone, but I'm also mindful that certain people can be very litigious and I have no money. :LOL: I always wonder who in the British meeja establishment keeps an eye on this forum ... you know what I mean?

• Heart
Reactions: 4