TalkTV & TalkRadio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've nearly stopped watching it at all now.
As someone else pointed out there's definately some needle between Alex and predictably Furious Kev. She went on a strop a couple of months back because she felt she was being ignored in a discussion. It looked and sounded really awkward.
You'd also have to be a masochist/demented/deaf to listen to Jeremy "wanker" Kyle early morning.
Between this dreck and the constant Piers Morgan spamming I CBA with it.
As someone else has said I'd be curious to see the viewing figures for a few of these.
Schedule feels like deckchairs on the Titanic at this stage IMO.
Zora's chance of getting a Pullitzer for her hard hitting news updates is being stifled by these also rans IMO.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
I've nearly stopped watching it at all now.
As someone else pointed out there's definately some needle between Alex and predictably Furious Kev. She went on a strop a couple of months back because she felt she was being ignored in a discussion. It looked and sounded really awkward.
You'd also have to be a masochist/demented/deaf to listen to Jeremy "wanker" Kyle early morning.
Between this dreck and the constant Piers Morgan spamming I CBA with it.
As someone else has said I'd be curious to see the viewing figures for a few of these.
Schedule feels like deckchairs on the Titanic at this stage IMO.
Zora's chance of getting a Pullitzer for her hard hitting news updates is being stifled by these also rans IMO.
Cristo and David Bull are the only ones I've listened to lately.

Mike Graham's new timeslot doesn't suit me and I don't like his new panel based format.

I tried listening to Andre Walker last night with that woman and I couldnt bear them.
Awful.
Amateurish and shouty.

Lately I switch on my radio and then switch right off because of how crap it's become.
Kev and Alex Philips are just annoying together and Kev's angry schtick is really boring now.

Petrie is nice enough but her show feels s-l-o-w as if she's trying to kill time.

I'm usually out on a weekend and don't get back until late, so unsure.

Is James Whale still soldering on in his nightly slot at the weekend?

I'm usually out on a weekend and don't get back until late, so unsure.

Is James Whale still soldering on in his nightly slot at the weekend?
@IngressUK sometimes he does the show but not always. Think they see how he's feeling and he does it if he feels up to it.

30 second calls on mike Graham show 🤷‍♀️ just don't bloody do them! 😒
I know it just seems so rushed. Mike used to be really good with callers on his day time show. His evening show is awful and made worse with the awful theme music this week.

Reactions: 2
Has Zora Suleman left Talk TV? I haven't heard her reading the news for a while now.

The theme music (if you can call it music) on Mike's show has got worse. Sounds like he is at the Edinburgh Tattoo. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I know it just seems so rushed. Mike used to be really good with callers on his day time show. His evening show is awful and made worse with the awful theme music this week.
I really think it was a mistake moving Mike Graham to the evenings.

I used to catch his show nearly every day when it was on during the day. Now it is in the evenings, lucky to be once a week now.

I suspect Talk TV have realised this was a mistake, as there seems to be numerous adverts for his show, also during other Presenters shows too.

MG was on the Breakfast Show a few weeks back 'promoting' his 'new show' - although it had been on in the evenings for a few weeks prior.

I also agree about the callers. They seem to be far fewer, with those that do make it on being heavily rushed to say their piece.

I've never understood why they take a caller about a minute before they are due to go to an ad break. Seems a bit disrespectful to the person at the other end, whom has likely been hanging on the other end of the phone for an hour, waiting to get on air.

Reactions: 4
They have more "panels" than callers now.

I watched tonight for the first time in ages.
8pm - Piers Morgan talking to Ben Shapiro then it was Mike's show, followed by a repeat of the Piers Morgan show!!!!!!!

I don't want to watch Piers once let alone twice!

I also watched " Cross Talk" with Kevin O'Sullivan and Alex Phillips this afternoon.
I think it should be renamed "over talk" because they talk over each other way too much.

Kevin should be renamed Errrr Sullivan because, errr, evrry, errr, word, err, he says is prefixed with errrr.
His solo shows used to be interesting.
Varied guests and varied subjects.
All that has gone now.

Last uncensored tonight on Talktv. Piers Morgan is going to broadcast from youtube. He said some interviews might get shown on Talktv but from the 19th of Feb he will be online

Bet Morgan wishes he had kept his trap shut about Meghan. His move has not been the success he thought it was going to be. He looks like a busted flush.

Alex Phillips' problem is that she's clinically insane. That doesn't really help matters. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Last uncensored tonight on Talktv. Piers Morgan is going to broadcast from youtube. He said some interviews might get shown on Talktv but from the 19th of Feb he will be online

Has his contract at talktv expired then?

Also, I've had the radio on a few mornings lately and neither Jeremy Kyle nor Nicola Thorpe were on. It was MUCH better.

Also, I've had the radio on a few mornings lately and neither Jeremy Kyle nor Nicola Thorpe were on. It was MUCH better.
I thought Piers had signed a three year contract worth £50 million in August 2021.

From what I've read, It sounds like the big interviews he conducts will still continue to air on Talk TV. It is just the opinion panel show aspect that is going as a daily weekday show on Talk TV.

It does beg the question as to what will replace that?

I don't want Talk TV to fail, as that will play straight into the hands of those who think TV news and opinions should be soft, fluffy and left leaning on important national issues. However, I do feel the management at Talk TV do not know what they are doing, in order to attract a respectable audience.

Some of their decisions have been head scratching! Moving Mike Graham to the evenings has been one of those questionable decisions.

Reactions: 4

Nicola and Jeremy are too much for the morning.
Yes as @IngressUK said he had a 3 year contract so they could show his big interviews as part of that contract until August?

I thought Piers had signed a three year contract worth £50 million in August 2021.

From what I've read, It sounds like the big interviews he conducts will still continue to air on Talk TV. It is just the opinion panel show aspect that is going as a daily weekday show on Talk TV.

It does beg the question as to what will replace that?

I don't want Talk TV to fail, as that will play straight into the hands of those who think TV news and opinions should be soft, fluffy and left leaning on important national issues. However, I do feel the management at Talk TV do not know what they are doing, in order to attract a respectable audience.

Some of their decisions have been head scratching! Moving Mike Graham to the evenings has been one of those questionable decisions.
I should imagine they will extend Mike's show. It seems very short at present so replacing either the Piers slot at 8 or the later repeat with another hour of Mike is probably the plan.

He's got a theme tune now and lots of little promo things are appearing so maybe that's a precursor for a bigger show for Mike.

I won't miss Piers.

I'm more than happy for talkTV to fail if it means talkRADIO comes back.
TalkRadio hasn't really gone away, as you can listen to the whole of Talk TV on radio.

It is just the format has massively changed (numerous times) since TalkRadio.

Nicola and Jeremy are too much for the morning.
Yes as @IngressUK said he had a 3 year contract so they could show his big interviews as part of that contract until August?
Even when Piers goes solely online, he will still need studio space in which to conduct some interviews/segments from.

Also 'Uncensored' is jointly owned by Piers and News Corp.

I'm not sure what the agreement is, however I suspect Piers will still remain part of Talk TV in a way, just not on the TV channel.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.