TalkTV & TalkRadio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
David Bull is currently on with Kevin O'Sullivan because Alex Phillips is off sick (again) and it's a much better show for it.
Kev is more calm today.
I think him and Alex are a bad pairing.

Reactions: 3
I'm glad about PM.
I don't understand how the perception of him has morphed from a sad laughable figure to a Robin Day/Paxman type hard hitting interviewer (probs only has in his own mind though tbf)
A good interviewer does not just repeatedly try and shout louder than the interviewee in a really infantile effort to assert dominance.
It doesn't work that way.
Interviewers are meant to make guests reveal stuff they normally wouldn't by using these things called "interview techniques" and show a bit of Nous/cunning not just indulge in a lone and tragically bent territorial pissing exercise.
How can you interview Andrew Tate and still struggle to score points when you've basically got an open goal/fish in a barrel scenario?
I did wonder about viewing figures and I've just read somewhere approx 10 000 per show. Thats catastrophic after the money spent and brutal spamming if accurate.

You should take over Chita IMO and show them how it's done.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
David Bull is currently on with Kevin O'Sullivan because Alex Phillips is off sick (again) and it's a much better show for it.
Kev is more calm today.
I think him and Alex are a bad pairing.
Kev & Alex sound like a squabbling father and daughter most of the time. Weird chemistry.

Reactions: 2
Kev and Alex were really bad earlier this week. Huge disagreement re the church being involved with immigrants. They were just shouting over each other for what seemed like ages. Made awful listening.

By the way what has happened to Dermott in all the National Lottery ads?? His voice has been taken out of them all and replaced with some other male?

Kev and Alex were really bad earlier this week. Huge disagreement re the church being involved with immigrants. They were just shouting over each other for what seemed like ages. Made awful listening.

By the way what has happened to Dermott in all the National Lottery ads?? His voice has been taken out of them all and replaced with some other male?

Yeh I switched them off.
They were just arguing loudly.
Awful.
She's off sick again today. Kev did their afternoon show on his own.

Dunno about Dermot.

Reactions: 1
What happens on TalkRadio when it’s repeats on TV? Is that what gets aired? 😟 Petrie should get a longer slot, she said the other day she was back on at 11pm Wednesday but it was midnight so maybe she let slip.

I should imagine they will extend Mike's show. It seems very short at present so replacing either the Piers slot at 8 or the later repeat with another hour of Mike is probably the plan.

He's got a theme tune now and lots of little promo things are appearing so maybe that's a precursor for a bigger show for Mike.
You are right.

Mike Graham starts at 8pm on Monday.

His show is now 8pm to 10pm.

10-11pm appears to be a repeat of The Talk.
Aaah ok.
They do seem to like repeats don't they?
I think Mike from 8 til 11 would be good, well not as good as Mike at 10am til 1pm was, but he seems to like being on "after the watershed" so he can swear a bit.
I do think he (and Kev O'Sullivan) find it difficult to contain themselves naughty words wise.

@i10gal I have now heard some lotto ads since you commented. Yes, definitely not Dermot now.

Looks like Rupert Murdoch has fired Piers......

I take what Guido says about Talk TV with a pinch of salt. They have been against the channel since day one. They were clearly worried it may of been a threat to their beloved GB News.

I take what Guido says about Talk TV with a pinch of salt. They have been against the channel since day one. They were clearly worried it may of been a threat to their beloved GB News.
Even so, guido does get some things right and Piers hasn't got the hoped for ratings for talktv so I am inclined to believe that old Rupert has decided to move him on.

Selfish, I know, but I will be happy if Piers goes because I don't like his "I champion free speech as long as it's me speaking/shouting over you" style of presenting.
I enjoyed his Insider Diary books, though.

It's much better already at 8pm with Mike Graham instead of Piers.

Even so, guido does get some things right and Piers hasn't got the hoped for ratings for talktv so I am inclined to believe that old Rupert has decided to move him on.

Selfish, I know, but I will be happy if Piers goes because I don't like his "I champion free speech as long as it's me speaking/shouting over you" style of presenting.
I enjoyed his Insider Diary books, though.
I will say that Piers did annoy me at times.

Henry Bolton who contributes to other Talk TV shows (such JHB and IROMG), is given his right to have a say on those shows and fair discussion.

On Uncensored he was shouted down by Piers at every opportunity, because Piers didn't agree with him. I don't think Henry went back on his show after that, but does continue to appear on other Talk TV shows from time to time.

When Piers was on GMB, one one occasion he agreed with tearing down historic statues, then later on disagreed. His opinion on certain things does flip-flop.

How long untill TalkTV ends? I'd going to say there will be an announcement in April. There are rumours of it being rebranded to SunTV. I guess we'll see. No doubt all the talking-heads will be fighting over scraps at GB News.

Ugh. Kyle is back on the morning show.
So my radio is back OFF furing the morning show.

Ugh. Kyle is back on the morning show.
So my radio is back OFF furing the morning show.
Shame, because I really like Rosie Wright, a very good professional presenter. Sad to see her slumming it with Kyle. I think she must be freelance.

I see Nadine 'Mad' Dorries has a show on at 10am ... when did that happen?!?

Shame, because I really like Rosie Wright, a very good professional presenter. Sad to see her slumming it with Kyle. I think she must be freelance.

I see Nadine 'Mad' Dorries has a show on at 10am ... when did that happen?!?

Oh heck.
WTF are they doing?????

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.