Taira's family

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Definitely looking to make it big like the other family channels. Except Taira doesn’t seem to have the creativity for it and can’t seem to be bothered putting the work in.

The way she was in the nighttime routine really didn’t sit right with me. Was hyping up how bad Ollie was at going to bed and then seemed disappointed when bedtime went fairly well. The way her and Jean were talking about it, you’d think she wanted the video to be a ‘look how awful my child is’ situation.
Probably not a coincidence it was posted not long after dvg’s night routine with Chloe acting up (not that it’s her fault).
I don’t know half the time Taira will allude to Ollie having additional needs/sensory issues and the other times she just paints the child as naughty/difficult. It doesn’t sit right with me.
She also doesn’t give Iris a lot of credit either. She’s such a sweet girl and is definitely growing up but Taira is still lumping her in with Ollie as ‘the babies’ and the difficult one when even just in the videos she’s seen being a lot more well behaved and a really pleasant child. Yeah she probably can play up a bit when she sees how Ollie gets away with things but it really seems like she’s damned if she does, damned if she doesn’t.

Also, I think the younger two’s school is just being used as a daycare so the parents and older kids can go and do tourist things and days out.

Reactions: 5
I did really enjoy the video but I did find it really annoying the amount of times she said 'Ollie' I get that you want to be gender neutral but that really was annoying.

Definitely looking to make it big like the other family channels. Except Taira doesn’t seem to have the creativity for it and can’t seem to be bothered putting the work in.

The way she was in the nighttime routine really didn’t sit right with me. Was hyping up how bad Ollie was at going to bed and then seemed disappointed when bedtime went fairly well. The way her and Jean were talking about it, you’d think she wanted the video to be a ‘look how awful my child is’ situation.
Probably not a coincidence it was posted not long after dvg’s night routine with Chloe acting up (not that it’s her fault).
I don’t know half the time Taira will allude to Ollie having additional needs/sensory issues and the other times she just paints the child as naughty/difficult. It doesn’t sit right with me.
She also doesn’t give Iris a lot of credit either. She’s such a sweet girl and is definitely growing up but Taira is still lumping her in with Ollie as ‘the babies’ and the difficult one when even just in the videos she’s seen being a lot more well behaved and a really pleasant child. Yeah she probably can play up a bit when she sees how Ollie gets away with things but it really seems like she’s damned if she does, damned if she doesn’t.

Also, I think the younger two’s school is just being used as a daycare so the parents and older kids can go and do tourist things and days out.
I honestly feel sorry for her other children.

Look at how the Sacconejoly's children are left out because of how much attention Eduardo gets? I feel like this family are going down the same road!

Reactions: 2

yeah I found that so odd too.. I think she is trying to start making a good income from this so they can just travel around, I know I would prefer to be in that place in mexico rather than sleeping on sofa in the living room. I have said it before but I cannot believe how boring her content is when they are having such a new, fun experience. I would be interested in hearing her talk about the school system there, for example, like when she mentioned they finish at 5 I was interested as that is so different from the UK

Reactions: 4

She was like that with Iris a lot in the older videos, she basically said the reason she first sent her to school in England was because she was too naughty to be at home.

It seemed then like Iris was the one she’d cast as the naughty one while implying Ollie had possible SN and saying she was copying Iris, but now Iris is older and seems incredibly sweet (not convinced she was out of the ordinary behaviour wise to begin with mind) that typecasting is shifting to Ollie.

Reactions: 5
I did really enjoy the video but I did find it really annoying the amount of times she said 'Ollie' I get that you want to be gender neutral but that really was annoying.
I know I don't know why she can't just say 'they'

Reactions: 3
She was like that with Iris a lot in the older videos, she basically said the reason she first sent her to school in England was because she was too naughty to be at home.

It seemed then like Iris was the one she’d cast as the naughty one while implying Ollie had possible SN and saying she was copying Iris, but now Iris is older and seems incredibly sweet (not convinced she was out of the ordinary behaviour wise to begin with mind) that typecasting is shifting to Ollie.
Iris was always made out to be the naughty child, I never really saw it to be honest. Yes, she had her moments but I don't think she was that bad.

I know I don't know why she can't just say 'they'
The thing is Taira doesn't want to give Ollie pronouns but Ollie just sounds like a boys name to me so in my eyes she is type casting Ollie as a boy.
Or am I just taking it the wrong way? I don't understand it I really don't.

Reactions: 1
Iris was always made out to be the naughty child, I never really saw it to be honest. Yes, she had her moments but I don't think she was that bad.

The thing is Taira doesn't want to give Ollie pronouns but Ollie just sounds like a boys name to me so in my eyes she is type casting Ollie as a boy.
Or am I just taking it the wrong way? I don't understand it I really don't.
Well she obviously didn’t plan for oli to be gender neutral when they were born, but their name is Olive

Well she obviously didn’t plan for oli to be gender neutral when they were born, but their name is Olive
I think she is almost doing it as it is just a point of interest for her channel tbh and makes her seem current

Na, I do think it’s genuinely Taira just being considerate and respectful of Oli’s privacy atm - I think if she were to say ‘they’ it would more obviously make it seem like Oli was gender neutral. This video from ages ago is interesting - Oli says that they’re a boy.

My hunch is that it’s probably a phase that Oli seems to be slowly growing out of but Taira doesn’t want to use any specific pronouns until they are absolutely sure

Na, I do think it’s genuinely Taira just being considerate and respectful of Oli’s privacy atm - I think if she were to say ‘they’ it would more obviously make it seem like Oli was gender neutral. This video from ages ago is interesting - Oli says that they’re a boy.

My hunch is that it’s probably a phase that Oli seems to be slowly growing out of but Taira doesn’t want to use any specific pronouns until they are absolutely sure
Ahh that makes sense. I suppose Ollie is her nickname that she likes and Olive is her birth name which is why both names are used.

I think she is almost doing it as it is just a point of interest for her channel tbh and makes her seem current
I think that’s a bit extreme to say, especially when they’ve been private about it. It’s not as though they’re acting like the saccone joly’s and constantly focussing on their child’s gender identity. I don’t think they’ve ever properly talked about Ollie’s situation

I think that’s a bit extreme to say, especially when they’ve been private about it. It’s not as though they’re acting like the saccone joly’s and constantly focussing on their child’s gender identity. I don’t think they’ve ever properly talked about Ollie’s situation
I really like the way Taira's handled the Ollie situation. When people ask about it in Q&As she just says that Ollie is a young child exploring their identity. I like that she hasn't put any labels on it and is letting Ollie just do whatever they want in terms of expressing themselves. I also like that she hasn't just pretended it isn't happening either and has addressed it without going into too much detail.

I have always been a fan of this family and I have always made that clear on here although there are things I don't agree with.

However did anyone notice what Taira gave them both to eat? I know she said they were both fussy and they may have eaten at school but a smoothie bowl which is essentially just sugar and protein from the tofu and a plate of chips which is just carbs really isn't much of a dinner. Then she offered Ollie a banna which again is just sugar then gave in and gave them wraps.

She should of just made them a meal in the first place. She could have done them wraps with a vegan meat substitute with chips and salad. I am not surprised they were still hungry they were probably running around playing all day.

I have always been a fan of this family and I have always made that clear on here although there are things I don't agree with.

However did anyone notice what Taira gave them both to eat? I know she said they were both fussy and they may have eaten at school but a smoothie bowl which is essentially just sugar and protein from the tofu and a plate of chips which is just carbs really isn't much of a dinner. Then she offered Ollie a banna which again is just sugar then gave in and gave them wraps.

She should of just made them a meal in the first place. She could have done them wraps with a vegan meat substitute with chips and salad. I am not surprised they were still hungry they were probably running around playing all day.
yeah I thought that was so odd too, especially as the whole family usually eat very healthily

I think Ollie is very similar to Jude and she has very specific ideas about what she wants. I agree with the wrap, vegan sub, chips and salad. I understand that Taira wants to give her family the healthiest food choices but she is quite controlling where food is concerned. It's almost an obsession, perhaps it is because she was overweight before.🤷‍♀️

I want to add that those "wraps" are actually tortillas lol. They're usually used for tacos or broken up so you can eat with your hands. You can also fry in oil to make tostadas. When she called them wraps, I was so confused because wraps are, in my opinion, quite different in flavor and texture. For example, flour tortillas can be used as wraps, but even then, I find them different to the ones used for Mediterranean wraps. I'm Mexican and I understand that people from other countries wouldn't know the difference, but I wish that people who visit different countries would actually put in the effort to teach themselves and their kids the proper names of foods.

I want to add that those "wraps" are actually tortillas lol. They're usually used for tacos or broken up so you can eat with your hands. You can also fry in oil to make tostadas. When she called them wraps, I was so confused because wraps are, in my opinion, quite different in flavor and texture. I'm Mexican and I understand that people from other countries wouldn't know the difference, but I wish that people who visit different countries would actually put in the effort to teach themselves and their kids the proper names of foods.
Personally I think she can do without the weird gadgets in their videos, the weird subtitles (very distracting) and the face and voice distortion. If I was them I would explore so much of the culture and food culture especially.
And yes, you are right they are tortillas 🙂, sorry. I used to work for a caterer for the Mexican embassy in my native country. They made the most heavenly Alfajores. My goodness, never tasted anything so delicious!

I think Ollie is very similar to Jude and she has very specific ideas about what she wants. I agree with the wrap, vegan sub, chips and salad. I understand that Taira wants to give her family the healthiest food choices but she is quite controlling where food is concerned. It's almost an obsession, perhaps it is because she was overweight before.🤷‍♀️
when was she overweight!?

when was she overweight!?
When her children were very young, she's vlogged about it before. Personally I think she looked amazing for a mum of four children at the time. She did a complete diet/lifestyle overhaul.

Reactions: 1