Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sprezza

VIP Member
I'm totally pro homeschooling but it seems silly that Taira always pulls them out of school when they no longer 'have the same enthusiasm' as they did at the beginning. Obviously the novelty is going to wear off, most kids get fed up of the early mornings and the general repetitiveness but it doesn't mean they genuinely hate school. Fine if they would really rather be homeschooled but constantly taking them in and out of school is so disruptive they probably have no idea how they really feel about school.

Reactions: 7

vivian426

I actually really enjoyed their vlogs so it's a bit sad that they just abandoned it.
However, it's probably best for the kids to keep their private life offline as much as possible.

vivian426

It looks like Olive has gotten over her gender non conforming phase now. Taira has started using female pronouns again and referred to her as birthday girl on her insta story. She's also wearing girls clothes and has grown her hair long again.
I think Taira handled Olive's gender non conforming phase really well. She let Olive express and explore her identity without labelling her as transgender and she never felt the need to address/explain it in her videos.
Other youtube parents could probably learn a thing or two from Taira **ahem sacconejolys**

poppydoodles

My daughter used to watch these. The mum is a huge control freak.

No you can’t have 2 VEGAN FRIENDLY sausage rolls at the bbq.

No you don’t need me to buy a 50p ruler when you have one at home do you?

She goes on and on at them about pointless crap and their house used to be a state. I’m surprised they’ve moved abroad because the mum was as tight as a ducks arse.
She really isn’t a control freak she allowed jude to make his own decision when it comes to veganism, he doesn’t eat vegan outside the house and she respects that and doesn’t force it upon him and also allowing Oli to dress however they want despite gender norms I think she’s a great mother and is just trying to teach her kids how to be resourceful

Reactions: 6

LittleDuckling

yeah I was surprised abotu their croatia holiday too, surely Taira is higher risk because of all her health issues? I am young and healthy and didn't want to risk taking a flight anywhere last year.
So confused about the dad's job, I thought he had some kind of construction business, how can he do that remotely?
They are one mysterious family, one minute their there then they disapear for like a year and come back.

Reactions: 6

vivian426

Have you guys seen her update video? Honestly would never have known that dad was an addict. This probably explains why they disappeared for 7 months as Taira probably didn't have the strength to address it until now. I'm so glad he is getting the help he needs though.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Definitely looking to make it big like the other family channels. Except Taira doesn’t seem to have the creativity for it and can’t seem to be bothered putting the work in.

The way she was in the nighttime routine really didn’t sit right with me. Was hyping up how bad Ollie was at going to bed and then seemed disappointed when bedtime went fairly well. The way her and Jean were talking about it, you’d think she wanted the video to be a ‘look how awful my child is’ situation.
Probably not a coincidence it was posted not long after dvg’s night routine with Chloe acting up (not that it’s her fault).
I don’t know half the time Taira will allude to Ollie having additional needs/sensory issues and the other times she just paints the child as naughty/difficult. It doesn’t sit right with me.
She also doesn’t give Iris a lot of credit either. She’s such a sweet girl and is definitely growing up but Taira is still lumping her in with Ollie as ‘the babies’ and the difficult one when even just in the videos she’s seen being a lot more well behaved and a really pleasant child. Yeah she probably can play up a bit when she sees how Ollie gets away with things but it really seems like she’s damned if she does, damned if she doesn’t.

Also, I think the younger two’s school is just being used as a daycare so the parents and older kids can go and do tourist things and days out.

emm

VIP Member
That was a bit odd.

I always though they had a pretty chilled out relationship and were the kind of couple to not take things to seriously. However I have a feeling Taira is much more in charge and control compared to Scott (I think that is his name).

So maybe she is putting on a bit of a show and isn't being as honest as she appears....

I have watched all of there videos. I used to really like them, I still do but lately I have been questioning a few things..
I just watched that latest video and the dad's comment is really odd. As people have said before the mum does seem overbearing and trying to influence things the children say

berkeleymoon87

There's a part where you can see that there's been a cut in the video. At first, Olive says that she would like to go back "a little bit" and then after that cut, Taira asks her again and THEN Olive says no. I don't like how she leads her children that way. Also, they're in Mexico and they seem to be getting very little exposure to the country's culture and people.

emm

VIP Member
Elsie popped up on my FYP - she was on a live with a friend. Watched for a few minutes (couldn’t take much longer lol) and caught that she’s still homeschooled but no longer vegan, she also said her dad was doing ok which is good to hear.
I don't follow her but she came up on my Instagram a while back and looking at the comments she couldn't be anymore because of all of her allergies. Gppd to hear the dad going well, I wonder why they just abandoned the channel

holly1727373!3

VIP Member
I think she views elsie as a bit of a meal ticket tbh, remember she tried to get into drama school but it was too expensive? I thuoght making else talk about that on the channel was quite unfair on her as it must be a hard thing for a child to accept, but it did also seem like they were hoping people would offer to donate money or something.
I watched a couple of videos on elsie's channel out of curiosity, i found all of her weird overacting and accents very off putting tbh
Yeah I feel bad for jude tbh, I think he is one of those people who will totally rebel when he leaves home, he is already startign with the whole not being vegan thing

yeah, i think it’s because elsie is the most outgoing and obviously feels more comfortable in front of the camera than the other kids.

i think little iris is really sweet and i don’t really like how she used to paint her as the ‘naughty’ one when she’s just a little girl, or how she’d film iris during a meltdown or when she was poorly for views - i think that’s horrible tbh.

emm

VIP Member

I found her journey quite inspirational, which is why I enjoyed watching them.
I think what she did in terms of fitness was amazing, but her implying she totally let herself go is pretty damaging, in the photos I have seen she is in no way overweight, she is just not as toned etc

I also think her assertion that "some people want to sit down in front of the tv" rather than work out or whatever is ridiculous, yes she is a stay at home mum with home schooling, but I know lots of people with big families who also work outside the home and don't want to get home deal with children and then also work out

Last edited:
The dads comment in the last video (who knows her better, dad or kids) about her having written answers she wanted them to give rather than the truth was very interesting.

• Wow

emm

VIP Member
Did anything come of her fitness boot camp thing?
I looked at the page for it and she posted 3times then left it, I assume no one signed up which I am not surprised about. she has a family channel not a fitness one, i think she overestimated her followers being interested tbh

• Haha
  • Heart
Definitely looking to make it big like the other family channels. Except Taira doesn’t seem to have the creativity for it and can’t seem to be bothered putting the work in.

The way she was in the nighttime routine really didn’t sit right with me. Was hyping up how bad Ollie was at going to bed and then seemed disappointed when bedtime went fairly well. The way her and Jean were talking about it, you’d think she wanted the video to be a ‘look how awful my child is’ situation.
Probably not a coincidence it was posted not long after dvg’s night routine with Chloe acting up (not that it’s her fault).
I don’t know half the time Taira will allude to Ollie having additional needs/sensory issues and the other times she just paints the child as naughty/difficult. It doesn’t sit right with me.
She also doesn’t give Iris a lot of credit either. She’s such a sweet girl and is definitely growing up but Taira is still lumping her in with Ollie as ‘the babies’ and the difficult one when even just in the videos she’s seen being a lot more well behaved and a really pleasant child. Yeah she probably can play up a bit when she sees how Ollie gets away with things but it really seems like she’s damned if she does, damned if she doesn’t.

Also, I think the younger two’s school is just being used as a daycare so the parents and older kids can go and do tourist things and days out.
She was like that with Iris a lot in the older videos, she basically said the reason she first sent her to school in England was because she was too naughty to be at home.

It seemed then like Iris was the one she’d cast as the naughty one while implying Ollie had possible SN and saying she was copying Iris, but now Iris is older and seems incredibly sweet (not convinced she was out of the ordinary behaviour wise to begin with mind) that typecasting is shifting to Ollie.

arabella

Just wondering if anyone else realised Taira is very anti lockdown/corona virus. Has liked many of Katie Hopkins posts about it... Disappointing as love their family. However do not agree with this unnecessary travel (the medical reason is definitely not true or hyperbole).

• Wow

vivian426

I also absolutely adore Jean, she is so precious. It's nice to see a 16 year old girl who acts her age unlike a lot of teen girls who act like they're 21.

holly1727373!3

VIP Member
i also think it’s quite obvious that she favours elsie too

i think jude seems like a nice boy but seems to feel a bit confined by his mother, i bet he would’ve really thrived if he went to mainstream school

vivian426

Just starting the new video... the fact that iris was so excited to go to school really makes me wonder why they didn't leave her there in the UK
Taira never gives her kids a decent shot at school, she sends them to school then pulls them out and does it again and again. All of her children who have been to school (i.e Elsie, Max, Iris and Olive) all really seemed to enjoy it. I don't understand why they never stayed in school.