Taira's family

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A family of six children and their mum Taira. Their handle on YouTube is Taira's Family. Just creating a thread as there has been discussion in other family's threads. :)

Reactions: 3
A family of six children and their mum Taira. Their handle on YouTube is Taira's Family. Just creating a thread as there has been discussion in other family's threads. :)
I honestly really love this family I wish we got to see more of Dad and Jude, their move to mexico was very spontaneous and unexpected though and tough on Jean having to do exams there at midnight

Reactions: 4
I honestly really love this family I wish we got to see more of Dad and Jude, their move to mexico was very spontaneous and unexpected though and tough on Jean having to do exams there at midnight
I like them, too! She seems like such a great mum and it's nice to see that her children are properly homeschooled, unlike other families. Time will tell if this thread would have been better suited as a rave thread! I'm interested to hear other people's thoughts.

I’m gonna basically repeat my comments from the FF thread!

I do like them, but I am a bit worried they’re heading down a path similar to the fizzfam. At first in the vlogs it seemed like they were doing homeschool so brilliantly, but recently everything seems to be shifting with them. It started when some of the younger ones went to regular school, they seemed to be going then pulled out several times, and it didn’t really seem like she let them give it a proper try before deciding it wasn’t right/they didn’t like it. If she didn’t want them to go then that’s fine but I feel like the letting them then tugging them out was the worst of all worlds - either let them have a proper go or just say no.

They randomly went to Croatia last year and now they’re in Mexico - I know she’s said this is for treatment for her too, which I get, but she doesn’t seem at all bothered that it means Jean will have to take GCSE exams at 3am. Jean seems really motivated to work which is fab but it does come across as if the education is slipping for the younger ones and the impulsive trips seem really family fizz like. She’s also dropping hints on insta (the story about the dog) that the Mexico move might be permanent, but I remember her doing the same with Croatia and even when they were in Australia so it might not be a real serious thing.

I really hope it’s just a temporary blip, as I do like them all a lot and I love the way they let Ollie make her own choices on clothes and hair etc with no pressure.

I have been watching this family for a few years now and I really like them. They feel like such a relatable and down to earth family I love Taira's personality, she is so supportive and funny the way she relates to her children is great you can tell that her children mean the world to her.

However I was a bit concerned when she said that Jean would be doing her exams at 3am two days in a row. Could they not have waited for Jean to finish them first? You can see how hard she has worked and it would be a real shame if her results are effected by having to do the exams in the early hours of the morning.

The only other thing I find strange are the parents sleeping down stairs on the sofa bed. I understand that there are a lot of them living in that house but surely they could have figured something out. Why not have 3 children in each room or move to a larger house? If they can afford these holidays them I'm sure can can afford a bigger home.

Reactions: 2
Maybe it’s all the other family youtubers making me cynical but I wonder about the ‘move’. They seem to like quite long holidays, the month in Croatia, think they were 4 or 5 weeks in Australia. Now I’m sure she did go over about medical treatment but I wonder if they’re thinking saying they’ve decided to stay and see how things go will go down better than saying ‘we’re having another pandemic holiday’ and face the backlash. I kind of think they were just after a holiday and don’t want to say.

But before all that, I will say I do like them as a family. The kids seem to have a really well structured school and social life. Though saying that, I did lose a hell of a lot of respect for Taira when she put up Elsie’s birthday video where she had a bad reaction. The poor girl was suffering and clearly terrified and they kept filming even when she was crying her eyes out. Definitely one of the worst sick child vlogs I’ve seen.

Maybe it’s all the other family youtubers making me cynical but I wonder about the ‘move’. They seem to like quite long holidays, the month in Croatia, think they were 4 or 5 weeks in Australia. Now I’m sure she did go over about medical treatment but I wonder if they’re thinking saying they’ve decided to stay and see how things go will go down better than saying ‘we’re having another pandemic holiday’ and face the backlash. I kind of think they were just after a holiday and don’t want to say.

But before all that, I will say I do like them as a family. The kids seem to have a really well structured school and social life. Though saying that, I did lose a hell of a lot of respect for Taira when she put up Elsie’s birthday video where she had a bad reaction. The poor girl was suffering and clearly terrified and they kept filming even when she was crying her eyes out. Definitely one of the worst sick child vlogs I’ve seen.
I forgot about that vlog! That was a hard watch seeing Elsie like that. I have allergies and other conditions like Asthma and I know how scary these situations can be. Everyones instinct in that situation is to make sure you have your medications and to monitor incase it gets worse not to pick up a camera.

I forgot about that vlog! That was a hard watch seeing Elsie like that. I have allergies and other conditions like Asthma and I know how scary these situations can be. Everyones instinct in that situation is to make sure you have your medications and to monitor incase it gets worse not to pick up a camera.
Exactly. I understand filming the beginning when they just thought she had a stomach ache but when it started to get serious, that was the time to put the camera down and focus on your daughter and abandon the video.
Plus what mother would want footage of her daughter in that much distress to be posted online? I’m really starting to think it’s only a certain type of person who’ll put their kids on YouTube in this way.

Reactions: 5
Exactly. I understand filming the beginning when they just thought she had a stomach ache but when it started to get serious, that was the time to put the camera down and focus on your daughter and abandon the video.
Plus what mother would want footage of her daughter in that much distress to be posted online? I’m really starting to think it’s only a certain type of person who’ll put their kids on YouTube in this way.
It really isn't the sort of memory you want to remember. The strange thing about that incident was that Taira actually said that Elsie was a bit funny with coconut and Elsie was talking about reactions she had from eating certain types of coconut before. Why would you allow your child to have something they had reacted to previously. Even if I had a slight reaction to something I wont even go near it, allergies can be so un-predictable.

It really isn't the sort of memory you want to remember. The strange thing about that incident was that Taira actually said that Elsie was a bit funny with coconut and Elsie was talking about reactions she had from eating certain types of coconut before. Why would you allow your child to have something they had reacted to previously. Even if I had a slight reaction to something I wont even go near it, allergies can be so un-predictable.
I guess it's because she has a lot of allergies and they might not want to restrict her diet unnecessarily, especially something like coconut (which is everywhere in a vegan diet!).

What does the Dad do for a job to be able to move and live in another country for an unspecified amount of time?!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I guess it's because she has a lot of allergies and they might not want to restrict her diet unnecessarily, especially something like coconut (which is everywhere in a vegan diet!).

What does the Dad do for a job to be able to move and live in another country for an unspecified amount of time?!
I’m not sure what he does but to be fair he wasn’t able to go on the Florida trip because of work and Tairas mother went instead, hes barely comfortable enough on camera so i doubt they’ve ever said where he works

I’m not sure what he does but to be fair he wasn’t able to go on the Florida trip because of work and Tairas mother went instead, hes barely comfortable enough on camera so i doubt they’ve ever said where he works
I wonder if he's working from home at the moment?

I noticed a big change in Olive on the Mexico blogs. She looked so much like iris in her dress.

I still think it was a bit risky considering she has other serious allergies, she should have been allergy tested by a professional before she just continued to eat something she had previously reacted to. Elsie said that her throat was itchy after eating a certain type of coconut. That is a sign of Anaphylaxis Taira should have taken it more seriously.

I think they have mentioned in the vlogs before that he runs his own painting and decorating company.

My daughter used to watch these. The mum is a huge control freak.

No you can’t have 2 VEGAN FRIENDLY sausage rolls at the bbq.

No you don’t need me to buy a 50p ruler when you have one at home do you?

She goes on and on at them about pointless crap and their house used to be a state. I’m surprised they’ve moved abroad because the mum was as tight as a ducks arse.

I still think it was a bit risky considering she has other serious allergies, she should have been allergy tested by a professional before she just continued to eat something she had previously reacted to. Elsie said that her throat was itchy after eating a certain type of coconut. That is a sign of Anaphylaxis Taira should have taken it more seriously.
Yes, I see your point!

She goes on and on at them about pointless crap and their house used to be a state. I’m surprised they’ve moved abroad because the mum was as tight as a ducks arse.
She really isn’t a control freak she allowed jude to make his own decision when it comes to veganism, he doesn’t eat vegan outside the house and she respects that and doesn’t force it upon him and also allowing Oli to dress however they want despite gender norms I think she’s a great mother and is just trying to teach her kids how to be resourceful

Reactions: 6

Exactly this. She can be really overbearing. I have to cringe at the birthday vlogs. The kid hasn’t even finished unwrapping the present and she’s off. ‘This is (insert present) and you can do this with it and this with it and mum got it here and you like stuff like that don’t you remember you wanted it?’ 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Like calm down and let the child have a look themselves.

I think they have mentioned in the vlogs before that he runs his own painting and decorating company.
I’ll admit, I’d actually been a bit skeptical of some of allergy claims until that video because there were loads of little hints like the coconut ones across different videos that seemed to be implying risks were being taken.

I’d assumed in my head it was because they weren’t as serious as Taira made out, but after the coconut one I realised that no, it just wasn’t really being taken seriously.

I don’t think she’s a control freak as such, but I think she has a very specific idea of how she wants videos to go and that leads to the “next present” type behaviour. I did think she was guilting Jude a bit about the vegan thing, but credit to her she let him and was supportive ultimately - it must be difficult when you believe so strongly in something to see your child going against it.

I’ll admit, I’d actually been a bit skeptical of some of allergy claims until that video because there were loads of little hints like the coconut ones across different videos that seemed to be implying risks were being taken.

I’d assumed in my head it was because they weren’t as serious as Taira made out, but after the coconut one I realised that no, it just wasn’t really being taken seriously.

I don’t think she’s a control freak as such, but I think she has a very specific idea of how she wants videos to go and that leads to the “next present” type behaviour. I did think she was guilting Jude a bit about the vegan thing, but credit to her she let him and was supportive ultimately - it must be difficult when you believe so strongly in something to see your child going against it.
Taira had made remarks towards Elsie having an Epi pen for her nut allergy so I knew her allergies were serious. The thing with allergies is you could have a mild reaction to something one day then all of a sudden you could have a serious one. I know some of her other children have allergies, Eczema and Asthma as well which she has mentioned so I was surprised she was relaxed about the coconut thing.

Myself and my dad both have Allergies, Dermatitis and Asthma and the amount of precautions we have to take as a family are rediculus and annoying but you have to do it. You should never take risks with allergies its just not worth it, Epi pens don't always work.

There is something about her that I do really like though although there are things I don't agree with.

I think she babys her youngest far to much and as a result of that they do get away with a lot of things. There are a lot of videos showing her lack of disipline when it comes to certain behaviour.