SydandEll #8 Syd’s channel put the friendship to bed, sorry you still get a joint thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
lmao Ell posted on her story lighting her new autumnal candle from homesense and then what happens shortly after? Syd coincidentally also posts a story of her lighting her new autumnal candle from homesense..this girl man does she have to make everything a competition 🤣
It’s so weird!! Unless it’s an ad that both of them haven’t declared? Idk tho very weird from syd considering she doesn’t follow ell

Reactions: 4
No one else seen swim society story basically saying they hate cancel culture they know syd is nice person shouldn’t be defined by tweets 10 years ago. And hate forums people waste time on 😅

• Wow
Reactions: 16
No one else seen swim society story basically saying they hate cancel culture they know syd is nice person shouldn’t be defined by tweets 10 years ago. And hate forums people waste time on 😅
honestly don’t know why anyone expected anything more from Montana.

Reactions: 34
Wasn't Montana in trouble before for saying some not so nice things about people on Love Island after her?

Reactions: 23
Love how Montana kept having to repeat herself about how disgusting the things that were said are. But how nice of a person syd is. Nice people don’t say that kind of thing sweedie xx

Reactions: 46
The fact she came on her stories and spoke when Syd just posted a picture of some writing and carried on like normal??? The brand should not be supported their morals are all clearly just for show

Reactions: 27
I actually hate when people use the excuse of being young at the time. I grew up not too far from where the girls did and I have never used a racial slur of any type as I have ALWAYS known it to be wrong? The only reason people like syd used that language is because they never thought they would be held accountable.

Also Montana saying that the things were “distasteful” when they are full on racist?? Yuck

Reactions: 32
they’re all going on about it being ‘10 years ago’ to make it sound ages ago when really the majority were only 7 years ago

Reactions: 21
Yeah never buying from swim society…
Of course they picked the person of colour to justify Syds action… she literally said ‘we support syd’ like how could anyone support her after what she has done….

Reactions: 17
I get people's concerns with cancel culture in general but how often do people truly get cancelled in a way that really affects them adversely? We're always hearing stories about celebs and influencers and very few if any ever lose their platform or income, and they continue to get opportunities.

Maybe some of the reaction is rooted in general frustration that prejudice, bullying and discrimination continues to be prevalent in society so if there can be even a small bit of retribution or karma, we're here for it.

Really disappointed in Montana. It makes no sense to be like, “what was said was the antithesis of our brand, it’s distasteful” etc. etc. - but then continue to support Syd?? The only good thing about those stories was the fact that it brought more attention to the fact Syd made those tweets as she actually named her.

And just to add - I don’t get when people use youth as a justification for disgusting behaviour?? I know this must be a radical concept 🙄 but some people were decent people when they were young and knew not to use racial slurs, homophobic language, rape jokes?

Reactions: 23
I will never understand how it’s our fault and we are being branded as ‘hateful’ and ‘tearing people apart’ are you bleeping joking? Both her and molly wrote some inexcusable things and now it’s being made out to be throw away comments that can be excused because they know Syd as a person? Good image for your brand Montana 😕 she might as well have said ah I dont care, I mean I don’t agree but like doesn’t bother me so stop messaging the brand because we don’t care 🤣🤣 maybe she should of just not opened her mouth and kept it moving because that is so beyond ignorant to excuse comments because you know someone personally, obviously you know her on a professional level, hardly going to show her true colours on a professional brand trip, behave please I can’t with these excuses

Reactions: 19
It’s not even the fact that these tweets were from years ago. It’s the how syd acted when they were brought to her attention.

she was clearly spending time on tattle, so she’s one of us 😂 then she locks her Twitter, says not to believe what you hear online and then blocks people. She’s now deleted Twitter because there was obvs more vile stuff????

she might not “still be racist” and “might of changed” but what she is now is a lying, arrogant bleep

Lol of course Syd would be nice to people who can do something for her.

Montana trying to say "we know what Syd stands for" and "we know Syd, you don't" ...... lmaoooo really, these influencers are the same breed. It's a brand partnership, I doubt they sat round the campfire on the trip and talked about activism 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
If syd was a person of colour and said these things all brands would drop her in a heartbeat lool

Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.