SydandEll #8 Syd’s channel put the friendship to bed, sorry you still get a joint thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They could not care less could they :))
Tbf, I do think this brand is mainly just Montanas merch / vanity project and from what I’ve seen so far, it’s been a bit of a flop. I think she realizes the brand is not really gonna take off and she really doesn’t have that much to lose so is just defending her mate at this point 😩

Reactions: 21
Tbf, I do think this brand is mainly just Montanas merch / vanity project and from what I’ve seen so far, it’s been a bit of a flop. I think she realizes the brand is not really gonna take off and she really doesn’t have that much to lose so is just defending her mate at this point 😩
They don’t get many likes on their pics do they!!

Reactions: 7
Swim society’s ethos can suck it

When I shared the screenshots I wasn’t even trying to cancel her 😂 I was doing some digging as I am doing a masters in PR and was wondering who’d be stupid enough to have tit like that up… and they shocked me so hard, I couldn’t just sit on them?

Reactions: 23
I messaged them too and all I have to say is Montana is extremely condescending this is entirely embarrassing she should’ve just not made a statement. It’s made me more angry as someone who is a community targeted by one of syds comments

Reactions: 18
i find it quite telling that montana has addressed the situation more than the actual people involved. don’t get me wrong her ‘explanation’ was tit but she’s literally said more than syd and molly combined. it really shows where their priorities are.. they don’t give a duck. if it was me i’d be distraught trying to do everything i could to reassure my followers and apologise. it seems like a burden for syd.

montana & the entire swim society brand has seriously pissed me off. she’s basically saying our valid feelings don’t matter because she ‘knows’ syd? i’m sorry but can we please show some bleeping sympathy to all the people that feel completely tit after reading those tweets. she attacked so many people in those horrid tweets, why should we be forced to accept the vile hate she wrote because she’s an influencer and montana ‘knows her’????

Last edited:
Reactions: 26
I think it be a lot different if Montana and syd weren’t friends but they are, and I reckon Montana is defo being biased
they met for the first time on this trip, I don’t think they’re exactly close friends. They hardly know each other.

Reactions: 16
Just listened to Montana's story. "We know Syd, she's a good person, she's kind". Those tweets aside, Syd is literally known for being a witch who has no respect for fans, is outspoken in a bad way and gives off a bad impression. She's not kind. She's nice to people who she thinks are worth sucking up to.
I don't believe that Montana is this naive. She's purposefully turning a blind eye to this disgusting behaviour and sticking by Syd because she's a friend. Montana has just made her whole brand seem fake now and for show. Clearly they don't actually care.

Reactions: 33
I feel like this girl defo keeps up with ell i.e the waistcoat outfit lol, the candle lightning, the homesense run today lol whats this competition syd babess dont you have ideas of your own ...

Reactions: 12
Montana is so embarrassing and her brand is a heap of tit. Did we really expect better from someone who is fake and uses other people’s tragedies for sympathy though

Reactions: 16
I actually hate when people use the excuse of being young at the time. I grew up not too far from where the girls did and I have never used a racial slur of any type as I have ALWAYS known it to be wrong? The only reason people like syd used that language is because they never thought they would be held accountable.

Also Montana saying that the things were “distasteful” when they are full on racist?? Yuck
Again I’m absolutely not defending her especially especially not with racial slurs - however when you are young you are TAUGHT behaviours and sadly not everyone grows up in house holds or families that teach you about racism etc. My dad was very racist and casually used racial slurs every day when I was growing up so when I was very young talking 6-11 years old, I didn’t realise how wrong and derogatory these slurs were because he made it so normal and casual (not that I ever called anyone them myself, I was quite a quiet kid I didn’t really get into confrontation or swear or call people names or anything like that) but I’m just making a point - and sadly it wasn’t something that was a topic in school back then neither (dont know if it is now though I hope it is because like I say not everyone has the parents to teach them these lessons)

things like racism are most definitely taught, I learnt how bad it really is when I got into high school and was around more people of different cultures and races more etc. I’m unsure what age she was when she said these racial slurs but yeah I just wanted to bring this up

Reactions: 13
Montana is so embarrassing and her brand is a heap of tit. Did we really expect better from someone who is fake and uses other people’s tragedies for sympathy though
her brand is a flopp that she chooses syd instead of her real friends i/e s&c lol

Reactions: 6
I will never understand influencers saying they “were young”. I have never used/ written any of those words no matter what age I was. I just knew it was wrong. I’d never even think them, let alone publish it because there’s just no reason to. They obviously knew what they were doing shown by the context they used them.. like come on

Reactions: 18
Forgive on your own behalf Montana but just because you have, doesn’t mean other POC accept the hurtful words. I’m white and honestly my heart bleeping breaks for people who have to endure this cruel behaviour on a regular basis!

Reactions: 4
Montana is dead right. Why does everyone here think you can't be a totally different person and have grown a lot in 7-10 years? Is everyone here the exact same as they were at 14 years old? I know for a fact that I, and nearly everyone I know is immensely different now in our 20s. Everyone has offended someone in some shape or other in our lives whether you meant to or not. Molly's tweets were far worse than Syd's as they were actually in such a derogatory tone, whereas Syd's were just immature and not thinking about the weight of what she said so young, and Swim Society more than likely accepted Syd's tweets were minimal in comparison to Cassius and Molly.

A lot of people here are far too obsessed with cancel culture and wanting to tear others down and it shows x

• Sick
Reactions: 3
all right sydney, pipe down. Number 1, everyone changes, but at 14 to be saying stuff like that is absurd. I don’t care, she was what in yr 10, defo knows the effects racism can have and body shaming. Especially using ableist terms and homophobia. Also the actual part where people are really mad about is the way she handled it. Nella was in the same position and she handled it well. She made a YT video addressed it and held herself accountable. While Sydney did the opposite made a quick ig post, downplayed the entire situation when there were dozens of tweets and prolly many other undiscovered ones as well and was just weird throughout it, oh wait and she carried on as normal, didn’t even go routinely awol to let people choose to accept it or not. She borderline gaslighted people and actually Nella rose mainly had colourist tweets in sure, while Sydney’s were racist, ableist, homophobic and fatphobic.
Montana is dead right. Why does everyone here think you can't be a totally different person and have grown a lot in 7-10 years? Is everyone here the exact same as they were at 14 years old? I know for a fact that I, and nearly everyone I know is immensely different now in our 20s. Everyone has offended someone in some shape or other in our lives whether you meant to or not. Molly's tweets were far worse than Syd's as they were actually in such a derogatory tone, whereas Syd's were just immature and not thinking about the weight of what she said so young, and Swim Society more than likely accepted Syd's tweets were minimal in comparison to Cassius and Molly.

A lot of people here are far too obsessed with cancel culture and wanting to tear others down and it shows x

Reactions: 14

oh for duck sake costa!

• Haha
Reactions: 34

Omg girl please can you just message Syd this herself there is no one here agreeing with you

Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.