SydandEll #8 Syd’s channel put the friendship to bed, sorry you still get a joint thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if all the companies Syd has brand deals with will drop her when they find out… I’d like to say the would but you can’t be so sure now a days.

Reactions: 5
Crying at Mollys apology like she's some well known influencer when really she's a little clout chaser
100% a clout chaser, I bet she wishes she just didn’t get involved now. I still think her apology was more genuine than Syds, shocker. Syds was just ah I did something a bit crappy back in 2011, people have found out about it, sorry if you’re offended igs not who I am anymore, shouldn’t of been looking back on my twitter🤷‍♀️ bleeping vile

Reactions: 15
The fact she’s just posted that story and now continuing her normal insta bull posting perfume. Shows how sorry she is

Reactions: 30
I think it’s because swim society acknowledged it and at that point it’s out and they couldn’t continue to work with her unless she apologised
sorry for being annoying ive tried reading back but can’t find it, did swim society post something about / delete pics of her or something?

Reactions: 2
I don’t get how she’s still doing pr posts. If that was me I would of pulled everything from her…. I assume no one seems to care as long as their products are being posted.

Reactions: 11
I’ve just been catching up on this thread and what I’m reading is absolutely disgusting 🤢 Syd is and always has been one nasty cow and her ‘apology’ she put on her Instagram story is embarrassing.

Reactions: 19
Been away from this thread a few days only fully caught up last night/this morning and those tweets just further prove how much of a bully and mean girl Syd is and of course hamster Molly, no wonder they’re a perfect match!

Reactions: 7
I replied to syd’s story saying how shocking it was to see her tweets, especially the ones with the p word. She did reply - I don’t want to share to out myself of whatever - essentially saying that she apologised and didn’t understand the severity of using that language at the time and that she is learning.

Made me wonder what your thoughts are on how people can ‘come back’ from these situations. In my opinion all they can do is take responsibility, apologise and learn from it to not do it again/yas their platform better and then you move on but don’t forget the damage. Thoughts?

Reactions: 6
I replied to syd’s story saying how shocking it was to see her tweets, especially the ones with the p word. She did reply - I don’t want to share to out myself of whatever - essentially saying that she apologised and didn’t understand the severity of using that language at the time and that she is learning.

Made me wonder what your thoughts are on how people can ‘come back’ from these situations. In my opinion all they can do is take responsibility, apologise and learn from it to not do it again/yas their platform better and then you move on but don’t forget the damage. Thoughts?
sadly influencers never truly get “cancelled” and always come back regardless of how bad the situation ever was. I mean, look at James Charles the man is a groomer, borderline P€ad0 along with his racist comments. He’s been “cancelled” numerous times and has always made a come back. Even think about the disgusting Chris Ingham he’s still making content and god knows how. It’s incredibly fucked that being an influencer means you can do literally anything you want and get away with it.

Last edited:

I think it depends a lot on the severity of what they’ve done. It’s one thing saying one slur one time, but this is a pattern of behaviour which spans several years.
She hasn’t been cancelled and I don’t think many people have actually seen the screenshots, that story was just damage control I think.

Reactions: 6

I totally appreciate people taking accountability and apologising for saying derogatory slurs, and learning from their mistakes, people are still human and often we don’t understand the real meaning behind something and may say things when we are young to be cool or to fit in, I mean I can’t relate because I’ve never used such language in my life to describe people. HOWEVER consistently using this type of language across a span of 3-4 years is not a mistake. she went from being 13-16 in that time. Let’s not make it out as if she used these these slurs once, both her and molly were consistent in using this sort of language in their vocabulary for years! That’s not a mistake, that’s how you’ve been raised, how you see people, it’s who you are to the core.

• Haha
she's in the wrong and she KNOWS it

Silly little girl, no excuse can get her out of this one. She is evil

Reactions: 7
I think the way this was handled was so tone deaf. Complete downplay of the situation she should be absolutely mortified about her behaviour

Also, we were all told in school to be careful what we posted, nothing is gone forever and they can affect employment prospects etc., so to see this dealt with so blasé is just disappointing. I agree with the gal who said Syd should be putting her money where her mouth is. If she's really sorry, and knows her behaviour was wrong in using derogatory language, than maybe she should hold off on all the designer tat for a while and put her excess income into some charities who are fighting against this sort of carry on. One story and moving on is not good enough and sets a poor example of her opinion on social justice issues, were all those shares of BLM etc on her stories performative? My opinion, but food for thought.

Reactions: 19
I just tried to go on Syd’s insta but I can’t find it, does anyone else have the same problem or have I been blocked?😅

Reactions: 1
Are all you defending Syd the type of people that defended jack maynard when he was cancelled my mainstream media for the exact same reasons? Are you the type to let saffy b off when she was pissed that someone took their own life? And I bet you all had BLM posted on social media last year, but come on guys, it was only 7 years ago. Let’s forget all the racist tit that happened 100 years ago that you probably posted about on socials too. Don’t practice if you can’t bleeping preach it.

You can’t call it growth just because it was 7 years ago and she’s a different age now. At the time she was double digits and she was old enough to know right from wrong. And I’m sorry but no one other than POC have the right to dismiss those vile tweets. As for the homophobic, disablist, rape tweets, don’t ever comment on a situation people have been through and find it funny because you haven’t experienced first hand. Everyone defending them both are just as vile and it says a lot about you as a person.
This!!! I am personally white so am in no position to be offended by the racist comments.
However, I get extremely offended by the ableist slurs such as the ‘r’ and the ‘s’ word which I can’t bring myself to even type! I’m classed as disabled through having autism and despise people using them words! I only followed Syd and Mol for the tea however have now unfollowed both!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Agreed it was totally downplayed! In my reply to her I said that I felt personally very hurt by the use of the p word being from the Asian community and just describing it as ‘insensitive language’ wasn’t really good enough and downplayed the severity of the language.

Personally I disagree with cancel culture. We must hold people accountable but also they should have the opportunity to apologise sincerely(!) to learn from it. For me with this particular situation, I guess I’m glad she has learned something but it is insulting that for someone to learn (especially something basic: don’t use a racial slur) it is at the expense of hurting those who have had to see it used

Reactions: 3
lmao Ell posted on her story lighting her new autumnal candle from homesense and then what happens shortly after? Syd coincidentally also posts a story of her lighting her new autumnal candle from homesense..this girl man does she have to make everything a competition 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.