SydandEll #8 Syd’s channel put the friendship to bed, sorry you still get a joint thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Montana called Anton ugly in an interview when she was an ambassador for a mental health or anti bullying campaign or something. She didn’t apologise and just waited for everyone to forget about it/ whole thing to blow over. So of course she’s saying all of this because she was meant to be cancelled herself. She’s doing more for Syd than she did for her own situation lol

• Sad
Reactions: 36
I think it be a lot different if Montana and syd weren’t friends but they are, and I reckon Montana is defo being biased

Reactions: 19
Not to get deep here but Montana was friends with Mike who literally killed himself because of mental health. She owns a swimsuit brand which should be all inclusive to everyone. She’s a person of colour. And yet she’s saying it’s ok what Syd has said because I KNOW HER as if that changes the racism, rape jokes, body shaming, homophobic things she has said. You’d think Montana would be all for holding her accountable but instead of that she almost blames ‘hate forums’ for finding out. Ah sorry we outed the fact you’re employing a complete bleep as one of the faces of your brand. Get to duck

Reactions: 56
No one else seen swim society story basically saying they hate cancel culture they know syd is nice person shouldn’t be defined by tweets 10 years ago. And hate forums people waste time on 😅
Does she not realise this is damaging for her brand and she will lost a lot of customers 💀

Reactions: 13
I think it be a lot different if Montana and syd weren’t friends but they are, and I reckon Montana is defo being biased
let’s put it this way whenever a famous person is accused of doing something bad it’s always their rich and famous friends sticking up for them…Montana is incredibly biased as they’re friends no ceo/owner of the company should be defending someone on the basis of “we know her you don’t” it’s actually so unprofessional

Reactions: 18
if i was a plus size / queer / poc model i would steer clear of swim society personally. if diverse models don't feel comfortable representing a brand that also supports syd, how are they gonna produce an inclusive campaign and prove that they are catering to everyone :unsure:

Reactions: 20
I’m disappointed in Montanas response but I’m not surprised tbh. I met a girl at uni who went to school with montana and was friends with her, and this girl was probably the most ignorant bleep I’ve met in my life, we were sat in a lecture theatre literally surrounded by people of all different ethnicities and she openly used the term half caste, so I called her out on it and told her why it was wrong, and she just kept loudly repeating it over and over saying ‘why can’t I say it?’. I literally wanted to bleeping die in my seat and I made sure to never sit with her or associate with her again after that.
This is the sort of person Montana was friends with at school, so I’m really not shocked at her response to syds tweets.

Reactions: 17
Montana is literally mixed. Idk If she knows this lool she’s acts like she’s fully white soemtimes n it baffles me. But she’s gonna out her friendship w Syd first as it would be so awakes but ngl if I were Syd I’d feel so awakes when I next go to an event cause you just know everyone’s seen it and I hope poc don’t interact w her. Brands need to acc start dropping these influencers.

I’m disappointed in Montanas response but I’m not surprised tbh. I met a girl at uni who went to school with montana and was friends with her, and this girl was probably the most ignorant bleep I’ve met in my life, we were sat in a lecture theatre literally surrounded by people of all different ethnicities and she openly used the term half caste, so I called her out on it and told her why it was wrong, and she just kept loudly repeating it over and over saying ‘why can’t I say it?’. I literally wanted to bleeping die in my seat and I made sure to never sit with her or associate with her again after that.
This is the sort of person Montana was friends with at school, so I’m really not shocked at her response to syds tweets.
OMGGGG I hate when people say half caste. Someone on tattle said it and it makes me so uncomfortable because if people took time to research the tit that comes out their mouths they would realise why people have a right to be upset w them. Montana has some internal issues. From love island she’s always annoyed me. So stuck up her own flat ass

Reactions: 13
Nah Montana is the type of girl to not identify herself as black because she’s mixed. She fully forgets that she’s still actually black lol. She walks round thinking she’s gods gift but she’s just as nasty as Syd too, mental health ambassador but never apologised for bashing someone for their appearance…
I hope her brand loses followers

Reactions: 12
Drove past Syd earlier, she was in traffic but my ongoing lane was sadly not. If I pulled up beside her I would’ve definitely said something. She’s made herself so obvious with that car.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Drove past Syd earlier, she was in traffic but my ongoing lane was sadly not. If I pulled up beside her I would’ve definitely said something. She’s made herself so obvious with that car.
And you didn’t Chuck an iced latte at her ... disappointed tbh aim for the forehead more space for aim

• Haha
Reactions: 16
do you think molly will get away with copying everyone into a work email with the same copy paste message?? 'sorry for my actions but can't wait for drinks on friday xx' vibes
i really hope her work acknowledge what she’s done

did any other jeep drivers happen to wave whilst you were next to her?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
This is a tangent comment but what’s really funny about all this is that I have had my school bullies Facebook message me in the last few years apologising for what they did to me.

I never knew how to sit with it because I appreciate the growth and your apology, but also are you just doing this to rid yourself of some guilt?

The comments made at me and others by people who were ‘young’ and ‘stupid’ (regardless of being the same age as so many of us who never behaved that way) …are comments that stick with you. They are even comments that impact your confidence for certain ventures in life... such as starting a YouTube channel.

We always discuss the perpetrator but never the negative consequences that their victims have been possibly suffering long-term.

On the other hand, there are people on this thread who have probably also done the same as Syd and are hiding behind their profiles and just want to watch her life burn. Do your thing but I don’t think there are only 2 sides to this coin. Statements made by Syd AND Montana miss so much of this nuance. Any explanation as to why Syd thought the p slur was acceptable for example?

Anyway, sadly it is a part of life and I am of the belief that you cannot cancel someone who is not in the same status level as you. Only other influencers can cancel Syd, not some tattle thread. It may cause commotion but it’s all about which peers they see worthy as saving. And a lot of them have done similar things so what’s in it for them?

Comments on ‘cancel culture’ are done so brazenly and with barely any critical thought.

Reactions: 5
messaged swim society saying that as a member of the LGBT community it’s very damaging for this to be downplayed

Reactions: 14
imagine saying WE enjoy to tear people apart when that’s exactly what syd did in her tweets! i hate that we get labelled as a ‘hate forum’ and just ‘trolls’ in these situations, it isn’t the time to act petty and pull out the be kind tit. this is a serious matter which includes very sensitive subjects. we are holding syd accountable, we would all be held accountable if we even thought of saying the things she did! we’d lose our jobs. end of. so why does she get away with it because it’s ‘cancel culture’.

please tell me we don’t live in a world where racism is excused because you’re an influencer. please.

Reactions: 26
Nah not the founder of an ‘inclusive’ swimwear brand defending an influencer who literally tweeted ‘#ThingsThatDontMix fat girls and bikinis😭

Such a load of tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I agree with every single comment made about the situation.

sorry but swim society isn’t going to get very far with Montana having anything to do with the Brand. Baring in mind, swim society onlycame out because of skinnydip London. I obviously won’t out myself but I worked really high up with skinnydip and close witb the owners who happened to be good friends with Montana. Just a coincidence that swim society started by being sold in skinnydip stores.
I was a huge fan of syd, even went to hers and Ells fundraiser they had a few years ago and they were lovely tbh, really greatful anyone even turned up.
But I don’t understand how she’s going to go about just blocking more and more people who call her out about her actions?
TEAM ELL<333333
Hhhahahaha

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.