Susie Verrill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Private schools still care about attendance....

She very obviously doesn’t like the mainstream education system and doesn’t want her kids to be part of it. Fine, but I wish she would just bite the bullet and move him out of school and either home school him or get a tutor or whatever - instead of constantly battling it and being so condescending about it all the time.
Agreed. Put your money where your mouth is and home educate, or follow the rules of the school you’ve chosen. Trouble is, providing good quality, rounded home ed is really hard. I don’t think she has the skills, the patience or the time to do it (same as most people, myself included).

Reactions: 9
For me she can do what she wants with her children, makes no difference, but it’s always been her horrendous attitude towards schools that I find really offensive, she clearly despises the mainstream school system and I dont know why she doesn’t look for alternatives. She must be a nightmare for the staff all of whom I’m sure make every effort for her son.

Reactions: 13
I think taking your kids out of school for two weeks is undermining to teachers, and you shouldn’t undermine your children’s teachers, particularly not in front of them! I just wonder if it affects children’s attitudes to school if their parents are very dismissive of it in front of them?!

I’m sure it’s not doing her children any harm, as others have said they seem to have an idyllic well rounded childhood. But you can’t have the rules bent for some (usually middle class..) parents and then come down like a tonne of bricks on working class families. I don’t think the system can afford to be that nuanced.

Reactions: 8
Long time lurker & former teacher.. her attitude towards school makes me really angry. She’s a mum I would have hated to deal with. Such self importance of her own life. I agree, at 5 or in fact any age, a holiday to explore a new place with your family is fantastic. I never had any issue with parents taking their kid out for the odd week at the end of term.
But two weeks, no. That’s a long time. And it’s undermining both the teacher & idea of compulsory education. And this is the second time this school year they’ve done it. He missed a week after half term for their paid trip to France. So he’s been in school for one term & missed the start of each term so far. & three weeks of school. It’s rediculous. What kind of message is it sending to Milo? Oh, don’t worry, you can miss school if we fancy a holiday.
Why have they even bothered with state school? Just show your wealth & stick him in private education where you get much longer holidays! Save messing your poor 5 year old around!

Reactions: 18
I think taking your kids out of school for two weeks is undermining to teachers, and you shouldn’t undermine your children’s teachers, particularly not in front of them! I just wonder if it affects children’s attitudes to school if their parents are very dismissive of it in front of them?!

I’m sure it’s not doing her children any harm, as others have said they seem to have an idyllic well rounded childhood. But you can’t have the rules bent for some (usually middle class..) parents and then come down like a tonne of bricks on working class families. I don’t think the system can afford to be that nuanced.
Bang on, Rosie.

Her children are getting that message loud and clear, nice and early.

Reactions: 2
I don’t think they can afford private school for what will be two boys, soon.
Even if they did go down that route, private schools are back in now too, so he’d still be missing the same amount of time AND she’d be paying for it.
The boys upbringing may seem ‘idyllic’ but I think it leans toward the more chaotic - rural outdoorsy life, great; but no rules or boundaries (bare feet on a cactus riddled hike ?!) will not help those boys in the long run.

Reactions: 9
I always feel for the poor teacher when I see/hear "we asked for more books, work etc" as it just means more work for the teacher!! Providing it and marking it🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 18
I personally don’t agree with the way they raise the boys.... it’s all a bit too feral for me. Giving them saws and knives and all that jazz and letting them crack on with it....
I dunno.
It’s verging on the hippy dippy for me......

Reactions: 4
So, she’s made her stance on schools clear. The bit I’ve circled in red is particularly telling, I think. She has zero respect for the education system. She feels she is entitled to do what she wants, when she wants. duck the rules.

FWIW, my children went to private schools. They do care about attendance.

View attachment 70270
My nieces and nephew went to school with Rod Stewart’s kids until the head got hacked off with them constantly being absent during term time. She told them to keep the kids in during term time or take them elsewhere. Think Suzie may be in for a shock, private schools aren’t going to bow down and give in to their every whim.

Reactions: 6
Private schools still care about attendance....

She very obviously doesn’t like the mainstream education system and doesn’t want her kids to be part of it. Fine, but I wish she would just bite the bullet and move him out of school and either home school him or get a tutor or whatever - instead of constantly battling it and being so condescending about it all the time.
they do care of course but the holidays are longer and they don't fine!

So, she’s made her stance on schools clear. The bit I’ve circled in red is particularly telling, I think. She has zero respect for the education system. She feels she is entitled to do what she wants, when she wants. duck the rules.

View attachment 70270
We have on occasion taken our boys out of school for trips and I would never term it as asking permission! They are my children and I will raise them as I see fit. I value education hugely but as a teacher myself I know that at Primary school age they can get just as much from a trip than from a few days in school. Its only like them attending a residential

Reactions: 1
they do care of course but the holidays are longer and they don't fine!

We have on occasion taken our boys out of school for trips and I would never term it as asking permission! They are my children and I will raise them as I see fit. I value education hugely but as a teacher myself I know that at Primary school age they can get just as much from a trip than from a few days in school. Its only like them attending a residential
I sort of agree but if they regularly take them out they could find that gaps in their learning start to appear. I don’t see the issue with the occasional trip for a special occasion as they could easily miss the same amount of time if they caught chicken pox and were sick for a week. My concern would be more with the lack of respect towards the school that they’re modelling for the boys.

Reactions: 5
If they can afford private schooling then they should move in that direction. Her son is probably in a really good state school and is taking the space of a child who probably couldn't get in. I'm always surprised when she criticises mainstream schooling, she's mentioned a few times she grew up poor but now acts like state schools are 'not for our family'. duck off then. But if you've chosen this school and got a space respect the rules or if you're going to flaunt them don't do it so openly that people see what a dick your are.
It's the absolute snobbery she writes with (anyone remember her temporary kitchen she installed a few months ago) She's only prancing about like this because she latched on to Greg, who himself had a limited celebrity shelf life. Other than her stance on lifestyle and money I did used to like her page.

Reactions: 12
I don’t think they can afford private school for what will be two boys, soon.
Even if they did go down that route, private schools are back in now too, so he’d still be missing the same amount of time AND she’d be paying for it.
The boys upbringing may seem ‘idyllic’ but I think it leans toward the more chaotic - rural outdoorsy life, great; but no rules or boundaries (bare feet on a cactus riddled hike ?!) will not help those boys in the long run.
I can afford a private school in MK and I’m nowhere near as ‘rich as them. Even Candice Brathwaite has her daughter in a Milton Keynes private school. I don’t think it’s as expensive as you’re thinking. About 9K a year here.

View attachment 70270
Agreed, what is she on? My kid is in private school, they don’t let you go on ‘endless jollies’ either?! 🤷‍♀️. We sacrifice a lot to send her to the school she is in, ‘term time holiday policy’ is an odd reason alone to decide make the jump to private...

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Do we really need to know that Greg is using her moisturiser on his nutsack though....?!

• Haha
  • Sick
Is anybody else think it’s becoming more and more obvious she prefers Milo over Rex. The entire holiday he’s been referred to as “feral” or activities have been fine until Rex has done something?

Is anybody else think it’s becoming more and more obvious she prefers Milo over Rex. The entire holiday he’s been referred to as “feral” or activities have been fine until Rex has done something?
That doesn’t strike me as favouritism - he’s 2! They’re all fairly feral 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 10
That doesn’t strike me as favouritism - he’s 2! They’re all fairly feral 😆
I think when Rex was a baby, she found Milo hard work, now Rex is at that same stage whereas Milo is older and a bit more independent etc. It's natural to find one of your children harder work than the other(s) at times, as they all go through their phases.

I don't really care how she chooses to educate her kids but the way she dismissed the education system and settled on 'oh we'll just whack them in private schooling" really ground my gears. That, and along with 'travel' in her bio (heh! Arizona travel, right? She's hardly a globe trotter), made me unfollow. She's so pointless.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.