Susie Verrill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nothing they have done in Arizona looks particularly enriching to me. Maybe I’m being short-sighted but they’ve climbed the bottom of some mountains barefoot (trekking she said, trekking it really wasn’t), visited a venue dedicated to sweets, done lots of shopping and picked their wedding caterers/bakers.

Reactions: 8
Nothing they have done in Arizona looks particularly enriching to me. Maybe I’m being short-sighted but they’ve climbed the bottom of some mountains barefoot (trekking she said, trekking it really wasn’t), visited a venue dedicated to sweets, done lots of shopping and picked their wedding caterers/bakers.
This was exactly my point - they’re not travelling or seeing the world - they are wedding planning, staying in their usual Air BNB, in their usual holiday destination - Just because it’s in the US and isn’t Benidorm shouldn't make it any more acceptable for Milo to miss school over.

Reactions: 13
She’s starting to grate on me. She comes across as smug & know-it-all. EG ‘we’ll probably buy a house in Arizona in a few years’ , ‘we’ll transition Milo to private schools her absolute faith that that will happen, that life won’t throw any curveballs her way. I
It’s a shame as she seems to have a sense of humour & can take the piss. But....

She’s starting to grate on me. She comes across as smug & know-it-all. EG ‘we’ll probably buy a house in Arizona in a few years’ , ‘we’ll transition Milo to private schools her absolute faith that that will happen, that life won’t throw any curveballs her way. I
It’s a shame as she seems to have a sense of humour & can take the piss. But....
Sorry my grammar is a bit shite in this.

Reactions: 5
Ah be fair, they went wedding cake tasting yesterday 🙄. That, along with the park and a couple of dusty ‘treks’ and that’s his educational needs covered, no?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My daughter is same age, in reception year. Every day she comes home having learnt a new phonic and is progressing at a crazy rate.

Reactions: 14
I used to like her as she seemed to take the piss out of celebs and the celeb scene (she said she hated the red carpet events etc) and I thought she was normal and relatable. However, she’s now got such a high opinion of herself and acts like she is high and mighty and above us mere mortals whose kids go to school as they should and who don’t #ad at any opportunity. She does come across as smug, I’m not sure why as her life looks very unappealing truth be told!

Reactions: 12
I don't really care how she chooses to educate her kids but the way she dismissed the education system and settled on 'oh we'll just whack them in private schooling" really ground my gears. That, and along with 'travel' in her bio (heh! Arizona travel, right? She's hardly a globe trotter), made me unfollow. She's so pointless.
I find those that diss/slag off the state education system are usually the ones who did pretty poorly. Myself and my friends, all did well but we put in what we took out. I know someone now who likes to post on Facebook about how he didn’t do well in school because he was bored and if he had kids he would home school. Yeah, sure you would mate. You wouldn’t.

Reactions: 7
I find those that diss/slag off the state education system are usually the ones who did pretty poorly. Myself and my friends, all did well but we put in what we took out. I know someone now who likes to post on Facebook about how he didn’t do well in school because he was bored and if he had kids he would home school. Yeah, sure you would mate. You wouldn’t.
I don't think that's fair. We know Susie went to uni so she can't have done that poorly.

Some children thrive in the school environment, others don't. What about those who are bullied or who do less well because they don't have the right support? I was academic but I refused a full year of school when I was 14 for various reasons. I got over it but I do worry how my children will cope, especially with reduced funding and increasing class sizes.

I agree with Susie but I don't think she deals with the subject very sensitively and should just pay for private and pipe down.

Reactions: 6
I don't think it's unreasonable to take issue with the rigid style of education in this country, I agree that she can come off a bit smug about it though. They should move to Scandinavia 😂.

Reactions: 4
I don’t believe her. Disclaimer: only joking, she is relatively well written, but couldn’t resist.
I’m hit and miss as she’s always sharing throw backs to being quite a partier. Not saying you can’t do both. But she seems to paint a different picture

I mean to be a journalist / writer in her past career she’s got to be alright? And she seems eloquent.

What makes her sometimes seem a little out of touch is money and her lifestyle. It will have changed her (even if she didn’t want it to) and (frustratingly for us) she can afford to be flippant about school because let’s face it little mowgli milo and the other one aren’t exactly gonna struggle in later life

Reactions: 4
She worked for Nuts. Not exactly known for their journalism...

It’s actually not that different to what you pay for a kid to go to nursery
Full-time maybe, but milo only went a few mornings/days, and Rex is only doing 2 days, 15 hours of which is covered. They may well be able to afford it - but I can’t understand, if that is the case, why they wouldn’t have started him in private education from the off, given her dislike of the head and blatant disregard for term times.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.