Susie Verrill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You don't pay a fine until the term after their 5th birthday!

I also would bet money on them putting the boys into private school once they realise how restrictive mainstream schooling is. The first term has only just finished.
Isn’t this the first term after his 5th birthday?

Unless they’re on a plane home I assume Milo is being taken out of school for this ‘educational’ trip? How is she swinging that one with the school - when did wedding planning and going to sweet shops become a good enough reason for Milo to miss school?
They’ve been to Arizona with the kids at least 3 times, can she really justify that to herself as educational.
I couldn’t disagree more. Those two boys are out exploring, visiting museums etc. Milo will be getting far more out of being with his family (who engage and interact with him. He’s clearly a very bright little boy) than he would get out of being cooped up in classroom. It’s not as if they’re sticking them in front of an iPad while they traipse around wedding fayres!

I really dislike this country’s attitude to early years education. I think we get it massively wrong. Given the chance to do what they are with my children, I’d happily pay any fine, and know I was doing exactly what was best for them.

Reactions: 25
I agree. If she starts pulling them out of school at 15 the week of their English exam then yeah ok I could see the issue. A week of his first year at school while he’s finger painting and doing phonics isn’t a huge deal to me.

What I don’t get is letting Rex run around on the side of a mountain with no shoes on then being surprised when he hurt himself on a cactus. In Arizona.

Reactions: 12
I couldn’t disagree more. Those two boys are out exploring, visiting museums etc. Milo will be getting far more out of being with his family (who engage and interact with him. He’s clearly a very bright little boy) than he would get out of being cooped up in classroom. It’s not as if they’re sticking them in front of an iPad while they traipse around wedding fayres!

I really dislike this country’s attitude to early years education. I think we get it massively wrong. Given the chance to do what they are with my children, I’d happily pay any fine, and know I was doing exactly what was best for them.
Agree totally! I have to say I think that apart from ruthlessly selling those boys’ privacy, they seem to be giving them an idyllic childhood. Lots of muddy days out, crafts and interesting trips. Lots of love and attention from their parents on top of all that, the gold standard for early years really. The constant filming of them, though?? Who on earth still thinks this is normal or acceptable?

Reactions: 9
I do agree with the whole experiences versus school in early years but they do have to consider that his peers will form friendships whilst they aren't in school.

Yes kids are adaptable and move schools etc but I do personally think there is an element of grounding by fitting in with your peers. That doesn't mean all be the same, it just means grounding from having familiar friends of the same age and school helps that.

Reactions: 1

I understand what you are saying however, early years education is massively important for children. It lays the foundations for a lifetime of skills. It’s frustrating when you work so hard to provide a curriculum which brings learning to life for kids and parents don’t appreciate it and just see early year teachers as a form of childcare that they can use when it suits them. Learning in school is not “being cooped up in a classroom”. Times have changed.

I agree. If she starts pulling them out of school at 15 the week of their English exam then yeah ok I could see the issue. A week of his first year at school while he’s finger painting and doing phonics isn’t a huge deal to me.

What I don’t get is letting Rex run around on the side of a mountain with no shoes on then being surprised when he hurt himself on a cactus. In Arizona.
It’s not all finger painting, believe me! And phonics is a pretty important aspect of literacy to learn if they want to be able to read and write!

Reactions: 11
As if she’s on holiday. With her kids. And still finds the time to do an “edit” your not Vogue magazine darling. Just call it what it is, affiliated links for you to claw back the cost of the first class holiday you’ve booked 🙄
see I dont have a problem with this. She probably does it in the evening when the kids are in bed. Its probably her sole income now that she doesnt really write anymore and when you work for yourself there isnt always a complete off switch but the bonus (and its huge in my opinion) is you can keep things going from wherever you are. My husband has his own business and will check and reply to emails 365 days of the year as a 30 mins out of a day on holiday can stop a huge problem mounting. I do the social media for our other business and have a requirement to post on certain days of the week no matter where I am

Reactions: 4
They’d be better off getting a private tutor to travel with them I think. Not sure if that would be financially viable. But I’d want my kids to have those experiences rather than being in a classroom

Reactions: 2
I understand what you are saying however, early years education is massively important for children. It lays the foundations for a lifetime of skills. It’s frustrating when you work so hard to provide a curriculum which brings learning to life for kids and parents don’t appreciate it and just see early year teachers as a form of childcare that they can use when it suits them. Learning in school is not “being cooped up in a classroom”. Times have changed.

It’s not all finger painting, believe me! And phonics is a pretty important aspect of literacy to learn if they want to be able to read and write!
100% this. There are lots of issues with primary education in this country (year 6 teacher here) but early years education is so important and EYFS teachers do the most amazing job, it's definitely not 'finger painting'. I really like Susie's attitude about education in terms of play, exploration etc but the disdainful way she talks about school is just not ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Completely agree. I’ve unfollowed. I find her so arrogant and dismissive in her opinions. The constant swipe ups are so irritating too.

Reactions: 5
I unfollowed her a while ago due to many of the reasons listed her along with the fact that she is a bandwagon jumper who is so desperate to appear ‘woke’. (The way she got on during the whole MOD drama finally made me press the unfollow button). Anyway, have just had a look at her page again - the level of engagement is woeful. Considering she has nearly 120k followers how does she have so few comments on the majority of her posts?! A recent AD for Benefit only has 4 comments. #Pointless

Reactions: 4
Completely agree. I’ve unfollowed. I find her so arrogant and dismissive in her opinions. The constant swipe ups are so irritating too.
This is such a good point. A lot of these influencers are so confident that they know it all and I just don’t get how. They’re often in their late 20’s, early 30’s (I think Suzie is just 30), do they really think they have nothing left to learn? I think this the most when they get really gobby about politics etc. I feel like the more I learn in life, the harder it is to have any firm opinions on anything!

Reactions: 10
Just seen the photo she posted yesterday of her and Greg. She’s a really pretty girl but bloody hell those teeth are terrifying! Sack the dentist...

Reactions: 3
Just seen the photo she posted yesterday of her and Greg. She’s a really pretty girl but bloody hell those teeth are terrifying! Sack the dentist...

She looks like she’s wearing a set of those comedy fake teeth from a joke shop....
They are massive and don’t look right at all....
Shame, she’s a pretty lady and really didn’t need to have those done at all.

Reactions: 3
Because she's afflinked the dungarees in stories? I dunno, that seems a bit unnecessary tbh.

So, she’s made her stance on schools clear. The bit I’ve circled in red is particularly telling, I think. She has zero respect for the education system. She feels she is entitled to do what she wants, when she wants. duck the rules.

FWIW, my children went to private schools. They do care about attendance.

90B9C45F-116B-4A9F-A4AC-10B1B54E4005.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Private schools still care about attendance....

She very obviously doesn’t like the mainstream education system and doesn’t want her kids to be part of it. Fine, but I wish she would just bite the bullet and move him out of school and either home school him or get a tutor or whatever - instead of constantly battling it and being so condescending about it all the time.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.