Susie Verrill #2 woke in the streets, racist in the tweets.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am disappointed in susiebluesy, she posted some stories about MOD+FOD and cancel culture right before Susie Verrill's tweets were exposed. She then did some more stories immediately after saying if you are sorry and learn you can be "uncancelled". Those stories soon disappeared (?!) but I screenshotted them because I could not believe the hypocrisy.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
SusieBluesy has made her insta private at some point today - I looked at her stories earlier, but it’s private now.

SB has put up a story today though saying she hadn’t seen all of the posts previously, but now that she has (on here presumably?) she is outraged and has called SV out.

Reactions: 2
I am in no way defending FOD, but I really do think he got a huge backlash from his wife’s actions because their was a lot of resentment from the other insta influencers. They were bringing all the big endorsements and tearing them down benefited them. MOD’s post before deleting insta were not anywhere near good enough. But at least FOD didn’t just prat about (likes he’s so good at) he took some time out and he acknowledged something wrong had happened. I don’t think it’s up to either of them to apologise for their Respective partners. But you need to at least acknowledge they’ve done wrong or you are essentially saying you see no wrong in it..

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I know both SB and CaC are probably fundamentally well-intentioned, but they’re both so incredibly juvenile in how they engage with politics. (This is a side-point, not a defence of SV’s grim Twitter mouth-running).

We all have to start somewhere and some people take to the analysis side of things better than others, sure, but they absolutely exemplify what is wrong with Insta-activism. Just a paper-thin understanding of a given subject leapt upon out of sheer emotion or conformity, followed up with the inevitable woke-scolding that Instagram has turned into a weirdly pervasive form of female intrasexual competition. It’s fine to not know everything about a subject, but if you don’t, then accept that you don’t, and don’t turn gladiatorial and get pious about things that 5 minutes ago you knew bugger all about just because you’ve spent a couple of weeks “signposting” people to the same lists and accounts as 100 others have been doing. This is not useful activism, it’s just a tenuous upgrade of secondary school social climbing.
I know both SB and CaC are probably fundamentally well-intentioned, but they’re both so incredibly juvenile in how they engage with politics. (This is a side-point, not a defence of SV’s grim Twitter mouth-running).

We all have to start somewhere and some people take to the analysis side of things better than others, sure, but they absolutely exemplify what is wrong with Insta-activism. Just a paper-thin understanding of a given subject leapt upon out of sheer emotion or conformity, followed up with the inevitable woke-scolding that Instagram has turned into a weirdly pervasive form of female intrasexual competition. It’s fine to not know everything about a subject, but if you don’t, then accept that you don’t, and don’t turn gladiatorial and get pious about things that 5 minutes ago you knew bugger all about just because you’ve spent a couple of weeks “signposting” people to the same lists and accounts as 100 others have been doing. This is not useful activism, it’s just a tenuous upgrade of secondary school social climbing.

Hello! This is about me - I wanted to respond... and this is my first time on tattle so wasn't sure if I'm using the functionality correctly (apologies if not). I think your assessment of me probably has a lot of truth to it, and seeing it on paper has been a jolt to the system. I started my instagram and blog (which is now defunct due to lack of time!) to talk about having an invisible disability, and I had a lot of confidence in that because it's my daily life. I obviously don't know if you've followed me for a long time or not, so I don't know if you have seen much of that at all. I started chatting about politics at the last election and during the pandemic, and you're right, it's not my lane. I talked about it because I am interested in politics, I have always believed that everything is political, and I wanted to encourage people to engage in politics. I worry that people not engaging because they don't think they're experts can sometimes have the impact of people just ignoring it or feel overwhelmed. But I definitely take your point on board, and it's been a good for me to see how it has come across.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Is SusieBluesy really saying that was Susie V said and did is OK because she didn’t use the word ‘but’ in her apology?! 😂 Paraphrased but that may aswell be the summary unless I’ve read it wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I can't remember who made this but Thatmumwithcancer has posted a screenshot of this photo, that someone made on here. I found Laura's account through following SJV, so I'd expect her to be pretty fuming over it..
Screenshot_20200605-170757_Instagram.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Hello! This is about me - I wanted to respond... and this is my first time on tattle so wasn't sure if I'm using the functionality correctly (apologies if not). I think your assessment of me probably has a lot of truth to it, and seeing it on paper has been a jolt to the system. I started my instagram and blog (which is now defunct due to lack of time!) to talk about having an invisible disability, and I had a lot of confidence in that because it's my daily life. I obviously don't know if you've followed me for a long time or not, so I don't know if you have seen much of that at all. I started chatting about politics at the last election and during the pandemic, and you're right, it's not my lane. I talked about it because I am interested in politics, I have always believed that everything is political, and I wanted to encourage people to engage in politics. I worry that people not engaging because they don't think they're experts can sometimes have the impact of people just ignoring it or feel overwhelmed. But I definitely take your point on board, and it's been a good for me to see how it has come across.
Your Twitter is still down Hun, just in case you wanted to continue being transparent 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Is SusieBluesy really saying that was Susie V said and did is OK because she didn’t use the word ‘but’ in her apology?! 😂 Paraphrased but that may aswell be the summary unless I’ve read it wrong.
I follow her (and she's here, hey susiebluesyy!) and was surprised by those stories. However, she did delete those stories and posted again today say she'd fucked up, she hadn't seen all of SusieV's horrible tweets before she posted that.

Oh Lord, it’s so cringeworthy watching all these InstaHuns hanging themselves with every post and story they hastily write. They honestly think the world revolves around them, embarrassing.

Wrong Susie
Nope, both are still down.

Reactions: 5
The amount of insta mums that say how awful tattle is and they don’t read it seem to pop up quickly enough with accounts and pleas of ‘please forgive me if I’ve not commented correctly I don’t know how to use this site’ hahaha sure you don’t 🐸 ☕

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Oh Lord, it’s so cringeworthy watching all these InstaHuns hanging themselves with every post and story they hastily write. They honestly think the world revolves around them, embarrassing.

Nope, both are still down.
All they need to do is post screen shots of Susie's tweets..they speak for themselves

I follow her (and she's here, hey susiebluesyy!) and was surprised by those stories. However, she did delete those stories and posted again today say she'd fucked up, she hadn't seen all of SusieV's horrible tweets before she posted that.
I don’t follow her but that’s fair enough. Changing your opinion once you have all the facts makes sense to me, whilst also dealing with the emotional shock of reading what your friend has written.

It‘s interesting how many other mumfluencers have known about Meldrum‘s behaviour over the last year and have continued following her and have posted messages of support for her today whilst also posting BLM content this week. How many of them have followed up their statements with an unfollow of FOD or his wife’s new interiors account?

Clearly none of the guests (Edited to add it’s currently 2,103) have had a chat with this friends of theirs...because this comment is still on her stories but then she also finds Domestic Violence jokes funny so not really surprised.

The trend seems to be that reading books to your children is the way to support change. But don’t expect them to look at their own behaviour. I can’t believe the behaviour I have seen this week.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I’m not sure if anyone has raised this yet but most white people are guilty of racism or micro-aggressions to black and minority ethnic people. It’s a hard thing to admit and reflect on but a small positive from what’s been going on recently is that more people will examine and hopefully unpick their own prejudices. Perhaps the saddest thing about this situation is that those tweets were in the public domain for years, they may only have recently been brought to light, but why didn’t her friends and twitter followers at the time (of which I imagine she had less) call her out on it then? It’s all of our responsibility to challenge these kind of things, yet no one did. It’s easy to call them out now in the current climate, why didn’t anyone do it then?

I’m sure many people here weren’t following her on Twitter when these tweets were written so this isn’t an accusation to anyone specific, however it’s a point that society and social media users at the time failed to stand up for black lives at the time when she did this.

Reactions: 11
fod is so annoying. Why is he always shouting?!
His twins are literally adorable though 😍🌻

I’m not sure if anyone has raised this yet but most white people are guilty of racism or micro-aggressions to black and minority ethnic people. It’s a hard thing to admit and reflect on but a small positive from what’s been going on recently is that more people will examine and hopefully unpick their own prejudices. Perhaps the saddest thing about this situation is that those tweets were in the public domain for years, they may only have recently been brought to light, but why didn’t her friends and twitter followers at the time (of which I imagine she had less) call her out on it then? It’s all of our responsibility to challenge these kind of things, yet no one did. It’s easy to call them out now in the current climate, why didn’t anyone do it then?

I’m sure many people here weren’t following her on Twitter when these tweets were written so this isn’t an accusation to anyone specific, however it’s a point that society and social media users at the time failed to stand up for black lives at the time when she did this.
I don't have twitter but apparently Susie had quite a big follower count on there before she was even with Greg, which is one reason I'm surprised she was never challenged on it. I'm sure I recall her saying she had 10,000 followers when she started going out with Greg.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I don't have twitter but apparently Susie had quite a big follower count on there before she was even with Greg, which is one reason I'm surprised she was never challenged on it. I'm sure I recall her saying she had 10,000 followers when she started going out with Greg.
She did, she was followed by a lot of people who thought she was cool because she worked at NUTS (which seemed to involve fannying about in very small items of branded clothing). Her and her mate @bishfingers used to be quite the pair on social media.

That’s even more disappointing then that no one called her out on it properly at the time. It should have been a scandal at the time, not just now because of everything that’s going on. Where were the allies then standing up for anti-racism. Sadly I think this situation reflects just as badly on us as a society as it does on Susie.

Some people did. This was the kind of response they got.
Screenshot_20200605-174925.png

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.