Susie Verrill #2 woke in the streets, racist in the tweets.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You cannot have a conversation these days with people about their wrongdoings.
It’s just impossible.
Before you know it they start crying witch-hunt & bully left right and centre to defer people from the truth and to shut the situation down.
Social media isn’t for everyone.
Saying that apparently tattle isn’t for everyone either is it Tattle ?
Certain people are allowed to be discussed but STILL not others.... despite meeting ‘tattle criteria’....
Yawn.

Thank you for highlighting this amazing woman and her account. These are the people I need to be following, supporting and should to be following on my insta feed.

By hiding behind legalities, deleting account and having a PR write you statement she is still telling all those people she offended in her tweets. My feelings right now matter more, is don’t care. For someone who’s been educating themselves this week she’s missed that crucial point. Because a lot of what has been discussed this week should apply to anyone who has felt they are made to feel different or not worthy by the majority of “society”

It takes the majority to speak up
For the minority for change to happen. People will never change their ways and thoughts if it isn’t called out. Those tweets are offensive and disgusting and hurtful.

I’ve said it before if that’s what she though was acceptable to say publicly what must she say behind closed doors?

As it’s been mentioned this the prime example of white privileged that she’s been very kindly shared with us so we can educate OURSELVES before deleted her account.

She said those things because she’s a white, able bodied, financially comfortable person in this world. She will never have to face what the people she mentioned in the tweets will ever have to face in life so she feels superior.
If she didn’t feel superior she wouldn’t say those things.

My eyes have been opened this week with the materials I’ve been reading, educating myself through the discussions about racism. Those discussions have been happening online because people are talking and LISTENING.
Muting people, silencing and deleting the account doesn’t give that opportunity to learn. So clearly she doesn’t want to.

This isn’t a witch hunt, people have the right to have their feelings heard. Listening is the only way to learn and clearly she doesn’t want to.
Cigarettes and Calpol have called her out, but they always have to have a little dig about tattle.

When they call us ‘Those’ sites it is so arrogant. There are thousands, millions of influencers who aren’t talked about over here. Then there are influencers who are talked about on here, for good reasons.
Nobody can question influencers behaviour because they delete and block, but their behaviour can’t be untouchable.

Influencers commonly sharing their children in the bath, are none of them concerned about the plethora of naked children plastered across Instagram, how has that become acceptable?

An influencer is accepting monthly donations to her PayPal account and claiming it is being used to support victims of DV, she will not share accounts and deletes anyone who asks, how is it acceptable to accept charity donations but won’t declare where they go, is that ok?

A number of influencers have accepted free dogs from a puppy farm in Russia, is that ok?

Influencers not declaring #AF, or posting it in tiny letters so they get a cut of anything you buy off Amazon, in the middle of a pandemic when it was one of the only delivery options, is that ok?

Influencers having friends round, in their houses, during a pandemic...then quickly deleting the pictures without a mention of their mistakes?

The white middle-class identikit mums paraded out at events or on advertising campaigns have been called out here for ages, is the lack of representation outside of that bubble ok?

Influencers filming their children in distress, all their private moments...including filming their underwear drawer, is that ok?

If you are ok with all of that then I can see why tattle would frustrate you, but I don’t think we are the witches!

*1635 Guests now who might want to have a think about the things we are discussing. Topics that will make some of you quite uncomfortable.
I have seen some of the most insincere tit I have ever seen in my life on IG this week.
So so much BLM posting simply because it’s trending / trendy.
So much posting for likes, so many empty words and declarations which will be forgotten in a few months.
I will be interested to see if black lives still matter to these people making all this noise in 6 months time.

And didn’t you know ? Apparently it’s ok to accept donations (HUGE) donations at that from fundraisers and actually not explain where any of it has been spent...
And then shout troll as soon as anyone asks....
Sometimes I feel like we are the ones being trolled tbh.
SMH

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I wouldn't read too much into Mother Pukka's maternity leave. Her and Matt's book has sold well, I backed their kickstarter pound project for their short story which had £26,000 pledged to it when they emailed final figures. Obviously need to take out printing costs etc but this is still a huge amount of money. With their daughter off school til September and little one's nursery probably not open, I don't blame her for taking a break now.

Reactions: 16
I wouldn't read too much into Mother Pukka's maternity leave. Her and Matt's book has sold well, I backed their kickstarter pound project for their short story which had £26,000 pledged to it when they emailed final figures. Obviously need to take out printing costs etc but this is still a huge amount of money. With their daughter off school til September and little one's nursery probably not open, I don't blame her for taking a break now.
I totally agree, she has worked really hard on her campaign, writing books, her radio station and probably more things over the last year. She is obviously home schooling and still working and deciding to take a break makes sense to me.
I do like her, she listens and admits when she makes mistakes.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
IF he knew about them?
They’ve been together since about 2013 and they met on Twitter.
Not only did he know about them, he even replied to the Nelson Mandela thread.
Unlike FOD he cannot claim to be unaware of his partners actions.
Sorry I wasn’t aware of their relationship timeline - thank you for pointing that out. Makes it more damming and in that respect he needs to own his own tweets and then they both need to piss off.

Reactions: 3
Have just read Papa Pukka’s statement on Insta and he seems really genuine, as does she. Was just the timing that I found a bit strange. Would be gutted if it turned out to be anything more as she’s one of the few that I respect.

Reactions: 5
SusieBluesyy gave her views on the subject and her Insta and Twitter have also vanished. Someone mentioned in an earlier thread that Cigarettes and Calpol has commented too - she’s just added more To her comments, probably because of online pressure, not because she actually means it - she’s bloody vile and you’re right (I forgot who said it) she’s always got the begging pot out and when she says she makes donations to charities she never shares any receipts.

Reactions: 6
What company would want to flog stuff from a pair of published racists though?
Greg is just as complicit by not addressing what Susie has said and remember he also spouted out tweets about Mandela.
He was with Susie when she published alot of the tweets as well.He would have known what she was up to
Thank you - I didn’t know their relationship timeline. I agree with what you’re saying re: brands not wanting them to flog stuff but FOD still got work post Alicegate so I’m a bit cynical that the ‘industry’ would for once not engage with them and/or that they wouldn’t just post insincere tit in the hope of reatracting the brands.
Edited to say that while FOD got work it wasn’t on a par to the normal freebies etc they’d get and he made a hash of the IWD post. But House of Hooper account implies they got a free dressing room 🤷‍♀️.

I have no idea who this woman is/does but I am so glad I didn’t.
Here’s the other thing - who wants to bet she was reposting ‘how sad’ when those Syrian refugee babies were washing up dead on a beach...
it’s all just one big bleeping bandwagon.
Sickening.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
SusieBluesyy gave her views on the subject and her Insta and Twitter have also vanished. Someone mentioned in an earlier thread that Cigarettes and Calpol has commented too - she’s just added more To her comments, probably because of online pressure, not because she actually means it - she’s bloody vile and you’re right (I forgot who said it) she’s always got the begging pot out and when she says she makes donations to charities she never shares any receipts.
I know both SB and CaC are probably fundamentally well-intentioned, but they’re both so incredibly juvenile in how they engage with politics. (This is a side-point, not a defence of SV’s grim Twitter mouth-running).

We all have to start somewhere and some people take to the analysis side of things better than others, sure, but they absolutely exemplify what is wrong with Insta-activism. Just a paper-thin understanding of a given subject leapt upon out of sheer emotion or conformity, followed up with the inevitable woke-scolding that Instagram has turned into a weirdly pervasive form of female intrasexual competition. It’s fine to not know everything about a subject, but if you don’t, then accept that you don’t, and don’t turn gladiatorial and get pious about things that 5 minutes ago you knew bugger all about just because you’ve spent a couple of weeks “signposting” people to the same lists and accounts as 100 others have been doing. This is not useful activism, it’s just a tenuous upgrade of secondary school social climbing.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Thank you - I didn’t know their relationship timeline. I agree with what you’re saying re: brands not wanting them to flog stuff but FOD still got work post Alicegate so I’m a bit cynical that the ‘industry’ would for once not engage with them and/or that they wouldn’t just post insincere tit in the hope of reatracting the brands.
Edited to say that while FOD got work it wasn’t on a par to the normal freebies etc they’d get and he made a hash of the IWD post. But House of Hooper account implies they got a free dressing room 🤷‍♀️.
The things Susie said, the sheer amount of offensive tweets and the length of time she was tweeting are far worse than MOD's actions and there is no way Greg can say he wasn't aware because hers were on a very public forum. Also, the timing of this is crucial, possibly the worst time for her racism to be revealed. I don't think they can recover from this.

Reactions: 18
Hate the name Cigarettes and Calpol, surprised if any brand would want to associate themselves with cigarettes.

Reactions: 14
Has NO ONE commented on any of Greg's posts asking why he's pratting about in the chicken coop when is fiancee is in the middle of this sh*tstorm???? Like nobody???

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don’t know why anyone would think Greg wouldn’t know what she’s like. If she’s comfortable posting that tit online publicly, what do you reckon she says behind closed doors? He’s probably as bad as she is.

wow they are dropping like flies

Mrs meldrum has gone now!

Why are they disappearing? :O is this in case someone digs through their tweets etc and finds something before they can delete it?

Reactions: 4
The things Susie said, the sheer amount of offensive tweets and the length of time she was tweeting are far worse than MOD's actions and there is no way Greg can say he wasn't aware because hers were on a very public forum. Also, the timing of this is crucial, possibly the worst time for her racism to be revealed. I don't think they can recover from this.
I really hope you’re right that they don’t recover. Agree that timing and sheer scale of offensive tweets puts it in a different ball park to MOD and I really hope the brands come out and put their money where their mouth is a la Regatta.

Reactions: 7
I don’t think Mother Pukkas departure has anything to do with what is going down with Susie. She‘s had a very busy year or so and I cannot imagine she’d be able to chose overnight to go on “maternity” leave just because this had kicked off. She will have had this planned for a while, there will be deals she would have to negotiate and tasks etc to delegate.

If I remember correctly, she didn’t say much on the MOD front either, just something along lines of she was disappointed. I don’t see her as an influencer as such any more as she very rarely uses insta to flog anything other than promote and raise awareness for projects she’s involved in, she’s more a business than anything so I don’t think it’s necessary to say anything. I didn’t really see her and Susie as being friends either.

Reactions: 15
Has NO ONE commented on any of Greg's posts asking why he's pratting about in the chicken coop when is fiancee is in the middle of this sh*tstorm???? Like nobody???
He hasn’t posted anything on the grid, it’s still the black square. He is prattling on about chickens in his stories.

He hasn’t posted anything on the grid, it’s still the black square. He is prattling on about chickens in his stories.
It's only his last 2 grid posts that have comments off. We should all go and comment on the most recent one that allows comments.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.