Susie Verrill #2 woke in the streets, racist in the tweets.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Attempting to moderate, or telling people what to post is against the rules, please report, keep scrolling or ignore a user - Please read our rules and why they're important
Any chance, seeing as the majority of us seem to be women that we could stop using the word bleep here, just a thought. I'm no prude and I curse like a sailor but it is just one word that seems to be weaponized by men against women and it makes me really uncomfortable and we have a better vocabulary than that. Don't shoot though, just a thought

How is this calling her out though - she hasn’t named her! A thinly veiled reference to her is not calling her out.
I think this is probably the very definition of ‘hedging your bets’. As in, let’s see how it plays out for a bit before I go in too hard. From my experience, it usually goes hand-in-hand with their backside aching from the fence they’re sitting on...🤔

Reactions: 7
Ok, I didn't realise that. It is interesting though that she was extremely quick to make an exception and "uncancel" (within the hour) based on minimal info (Susie V's own post), but took a couple of days to comment when she had all of the evidence infront of her.
Yeah, SusieB fucked up by not checking out the extend of the SusieV comments before commenting herself. And she did admit that.

However I think your timeline is a bit off, SusieB didn't take a couple of days to comment. The tweets only started getting highlighted on here on Wednesday morning and I suspect a LOT of people didn't see them til Thursday. (tbh I didn't and I am on Tattle a lot.)

Reactions: 3
I'm starting to wonder if Susie's management are infiltrating into here and this is all going to addressed as some smart project where Susie becomes nobel.

Any chance, seeing as the majority of us seem to be women that we could stop using the word bleep here, just a thought. I'm no prude and I curse like a sailor but it is just one word that seems to be weaponized by men against women and it makes me really uncomfortable and we have a better vocabulary than that. Don't shoot though, just a thought

Oh I always call people pricks too.
All genitalia!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Has any of this made the press?
I’m really surprised I haven’t seen anything, considering Greg is well known.

Reactions: 4
Prick, bleep , Wang , wanker, asshole.
Basically all the lower bits.....
In fact now I think about it I use more male parts...tbh it isn't nice language and I should expand my vocabulary.

I'm really starting to think people working for Susie are on here.

What's everyone else thinking?

Gonna take a break.....

To the jack Monroe thread😭😜

• Haha
Reactions: 6
So, she said something about her management telling her to go through tweets in 2017 and how she decided she didn’t want to - as she is (currently) signed to Gleam as is Jack Maynard, it can only have been him getting kicked out of the jungle which inspired them to tell her to do it surely? That makes it seem even more arrogant that she didn’t, and that she clearly thought she’d done nothing wrong, as Jack got dragged through the press at the time.

Also, in the podcast with Alison Perry (recorded in 2017 when she had 58k followers on IG) she says that the blog is going through a rebrand and relaunch. Well that never happened did it. Because clearly she didn’t give a tit about being a good blog resource, she just wanted the money so when IG started picking up she didn’t give two shits about the blog anymore.

Reactions: 5
Prick, bleep , Wang , wanker, asshole.
Basically all the lower bits.....
In fact now I think about it I use more male parts...tbh it isn't nice language and I should expand my vocabulary.

I'm really starting to think people working for Susie are on here.

What's everyone else thinking?

Gonna take a break.....

To the jack Monroe thread😭😜
I’m really rubbish at spotting interlopers on threads unless they’re being really obvious 🤦‍♀️ Can I ask what makes you think there could be people working for her on here? As in semi defending her or making wider points about her not being called out at the time?

I think this is probably the very definition of ‘hedging your bets’. As in, let’s see how it plays out for a bit before I go in too hard. From my experience, it usually goes hand-in-hand with their backside aching from the fence they’re sitting on...🤔
I imagine there is more than an element of bet-hedging going on but I don’t think it’s an unfair appraisal of the situation.

Objectively, Susie Verrill’s comments are callous, childish and bigoted in exactly the thoughtless, babyish way that people who’ve not thought about an issue for more than 5 minutes can be.

It’s also true that some time has passed since she said anything in that vein, which means not only is it possible she’d regard those tweets with (genuine) horror and embarrassment now, but it also means that there have been colossal changes in a) what kind of “humour” (I use the term loosely...) people are prepared to overlook on social media and b) how we collectively punish people for their transgressions. There is, after all, a reason that those tweets have sat there for over half a decade unshared and (I assume) unremarked upon, and it isn’t because they were fastened away in some digital tomb that has only just been prized open for the masses.

It’s also IMO tempting but ultimately often unfair to judge people for their immediate, knee jerk response to being Found Out, because for almost everyone in this position, whether they are someone who did nothing wrong and are being targetted unfairly, a sweetheart who made a silly mistake or a genuine hole whose cover has been blown, the overwhelming initial reaction to this kind of thing kicking off is panic, and people often do and say strange and dumb and unhelpful things when they panic (or of course they say nothing at all).

Considering this has all only just happened and it hasn’t had all that long to marinate for anyone involved, I don’t think it’s completely unreasonable to give someone a chance to get their bearings and give a more considered response/apology before they’re written off. It’s also probably less destructive to choose not to name someone before the gloves are well and truly off, because doing so only ends up sending more pitchfork-wielding strangers to their virtual door.

I have no particular time for SV, I only followed her briefly a while ago, and I’d be lying if I said some of her old tweets didn’t give me a rush of rage or make me do a sharp intake of breath.

But still, while I recognise that the current way of doing things effectively forces people to denounce someone who has done something bad (or at least remark that what they did WAS bad) — because silence is now understood to be either apathy or covert support — I do still question what ultimately is gained from fruiting people in the stocks for 7 year old tweets. Just because the person in the stocks is an hole, and just because the fruiting is done nominally in the name of progressive values doesn’t mean that it is functionally useful, and doesn’t mean that it doesn’t ultimately rely on the same base instincts that had us strapping people to ducking stools a few hundred years ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The only ‘mole’ I spotted was dear Alice / Leopardprintvans 😂 But that was ridiculously obvious!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
.Also, in the podcast with Alison Perry (recorded in 2017 when she had 58k followers on IG) she says that the blog is going through a rebrand and relaunch. Well that never happened did it. Because clearly she didn’t give a tit about being a good blog resource, she just wanted the money so when IG started picking up she didn’t give two shits about the blog anymore.
I wondered this a while back - her insta bio said blogger or mummy blogger but I followed her for a few years and never saw one blog post from her or any mention of or link to a blog.

Reactions: 1
I really hope Milo's teacher (and the headteacher who was mocked by Susie) is gleefully reading all of this 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I’m really rubbish at spotting interlopers on threads unless they’re being really obvious 🤦‍♀️ Can I ask what makes you think there could be people working for her on here? As in semi defending her or making wider points about her not being called out at the time?

Just feels like Susie being a racist asshole has been spread across and the blame diluted.
She was deliberately aggressive, nasty, rude and volatile.
She was rude to anyone who addressed it
She's been caught out at a time when people are joining together to say no that wasn't right .
Where as before they said "no that isn't right" and just got abuse from her.
She now has to deal with the aftermath, of being outed for the second time where people are standing up for injustice....and yet everyone else is getting the blame too.....

Reactions: 8
Couple of comments on iamalisonperry’s Insta stories on Susie V.
Wasn't Alison Perry Susie's boss for some of the period that Susie was tweeting this tit? I follow my boss on insta and fb and she follows me so it's reasonable to infer that Alison Perry was following Susie and saw these tweets. I would definitely be fired if I was sharing the hatred that Susie was

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.