Support Thread for the best strangers I've ever met!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi lovelies - have popped over from Hinch’s thread. Hoping that you will all keep me sane here with a 6 nearly 7 month old breastfed baby who seems to have turned his feeding habits upside down. He feeds more at night and I am STRUGGLING!!!
Ahh welcome , always happy to chat all things breastfeeding, got to 2.5 years with second child ,(didn't think I'd make it to 6 weeks, I'm sure his crazy birth made me more determined to keep going) he's still a wee fart and only wants to sleep in my bed ! I secretly love it though, we both get a better sleep, and have a massive bed so why not!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
@WestHighlandWy hey , ah no don't be silly. The last few days have been bonkers , my boys are actually on the ceiling all day with excitement ! It's magical but holy heck I wish they had a pause button sometimes! Looking forward to working tomorrow so I get a few hours silence .

I've had dodgy reproductive system since I was a teen , PCOS caused me havoc for years and years , so thought once I had my pair of rascals things would calm down and boom along comes peri menopause. My iron levels have always been dodgy as well so currently on iron tablets , but after bloods and symptom checking Dr confirmed peri menopause. Daily estrogen gel is helping some symptoms , but as been on it a good few.months now I think it's time to review dose. .. I'm noticing I'm slipping back to that horrible gurny ,tired,sore person I was before and that wasn't a nice place. Thankfully more folk will talk about menopause and peri menopause now which might help other women in future. I always just thought it was something that affected you once you actually stopped having periods!

Hope things are all good with you?

That’s okay, I just thought when I said you’re young I was like 😬 😂
Aye there’s not enough of awareness of anything female related, even to doctors the whole system is a mystery!
My sister in law went into menopause quite early too.

Would you get the coil in? They’re supposed to be good at managing menopause systems. I heard lots of good feedback (I did placement as a student)
Don’t reply to this if it’s too personal for you 😘

Hey kids are hard work!

You are being aware of the signs and that’s a good thing though X

Jesus Christ the length of some of these messages 😂😂😂 take me a week to write like yous ❤ I love reading though so thank you!

Reactions: 3
Ahh welcome , always happy to chat all things breastfeeding, got to 2.5 years with second child ,(didn't think I'd make it to 6 weeks, I'm sure his crazy birth made me more determined to keep going) he's still a wee fart and only wants to sleep in my bed ! I secretly love it though, we both get a better sleep, and have a massive bed so why not!
My wee one didn’t latch for the first week or so, after that I was just so determined when he did. God knows how we got here but we did! I’m trying to persevere with offering him food more often in the hope he realises it’s daytime he eats again!

• Heart
Hello tattlers!

I think this thread is a great idea. I hope everyone is ok and not too overwhelmed, this time of year can be exhausting.

I've finished work for the term and the next few days are frantic family admin that I can't get done until the holidays. I'll relax once the food shop is done!

@Pollyanna263 Babycentre was great back in the day! Feels like a lifetime ago now though.

Hi lovelies - have popped over from Hinch’s thread. Hoping that you will all keep me sane here with a 6 nearly 7 month old breastfed baby who seems to have turned his feeding habits upside down. He feeds more at night and I am STRUGGLING!!!
Oh that sounds tough. Google reverse cycling, kellymom website has some great advice on how to get things back on track. Hang in there, it will get easier.

Reactions: 5
That’s okay, I just thought when I said you’re young I was like 😬 😂
Aye there’s not enough of awareness of anything female related, even to doctors the whole system is a mystery!
My sister in law went into menopause quite early too.

Would you get the coil in? They’re supposed to be good at managing menopause systems. I heard lots of good feedback (I did placement as a student)
Don’t reply to this if it’s too personal for you 😘

Hey kids are hard work!

You are being aware of the signs and that’s a good thing though X

Jesus Christ the length of some of these messages 😂😂😂 take me a week to write like yous ❤ I love reading though so thank you!
Haha no offence taken .it wasn't until I watched the Davina McCall program that I realised I was possibly peri menopausal, before that I just thought I was going a bit mad!

Yeah had the coil pre and post kids (holy tit pre children was agony getting it in !!) It really didn't suit me either time ,my cycle became more erratic and much heavier than usual (which wrecked my iron levels even more) so decided against it ever again.

It's been a tough three years , from hellish birth ,loss.of a close friend two weeks later and then close.fsmily.member in lockdown , so this was the straw that broke the camel's back , but thankfully my Dr was amazing and we've been able to get me on the right track now I think.

Being a female really is a bit of a mind duck isn't it ! X

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ooooh im So happy this thread went ahead. I love the support every one gives, recieved enough of it myself from you lovely lot!

I've got my snacks and fizzy pop and settling right here ❤

• Heart
Argh my mum tested positive today for covid and I was sat in a car with no ventilation and then hugged her. Right before Christmas. Praying we don't get it but either way so sad we won't see her at Christmas now :(
Ah god, you poor thing, I hope you’re both okay, Xx

Haha no offence taken .it wasn't until I watched the Davina McCall program that I realised I was possibly peri menopausal, before that I just thought I was going a bit mad!

Yeah had the coil pre and post kids (holy tit pre children was agony getting it in !!) It really didn't suit me either time ,my cycle became more erratic and much heavier than usual (which wrecked my iron levels even more) so decided against it ever again.

It's been a tough three years , from hellish birth ,loss.of a close friend two weeks later and then close.fsmily.member in lockdown , so this was the straw that broke the camel's back , but thankfully my Dr was amazing and we've been able to get me on the right track now I think.

Being a female really is a bit of a mind duck isn't it ! X

I know one coil is copper, copper is hormone free but has issues with bleeding etc, the other is called mirena with hormones and that’s the one that’s been beneficial for women, but that doesn’t mean it will suit everyone too, we’re all different. yeah they’re not v pleasant to get in, getting them out is different, the usual response was like, is that it? 😂

I was on the implant, made me moody af, changed to pill and I was grand, moved over the water and the pill they gave me made me cry every month like clockwork, next one turned me into a psycho. I’m on nothing now!
It makes a difference when you have a good Doctor. I’m sorry you’re having a such a tit time X

Last edited:
Crazy birth made me more determined too ❤

three years in the boob! Well done you!! I said I would be happy if I made it to 4 weeks… then I kept moving the goal posts! We don’t bedshare except in the mornings when daddy goes to work. I spoke to my health visitor who advised he’s wakening for comfort and not a feed. But he’s on the boob for a full feed if I let him through the night! It just seems to be since we started weaning and offering foods! It’s a tough gig!! X
He has allergies so couldn’t have formula unless we went for a really gross non-dairy one and so actually it was the easy option for a long time, then I just sort of kept going until it was a natural end. I’m not one to preach breastfeeding (mix fed eldest from 4 months and stopped BF totally by 6 months) but I’m bloody proud of what we achieved.

It probably is a comfort thing but also developmental and it’s a bit of something he knows and feels safe with when new foods are exciting but also overwhelming.
Bedsharing isn’t for everyone but if you like it, it does help massively. They just help themselves while you sleep 🤣

Has anything else changed in the day, are you working or away from him for longer? Just wondering about reverse cycling x

Last edited:
  • Haha
I’m quite curious about the baby feeding thing, not a debate 😂
But I was allergic to baby formula as a wean and I was put on cows milk and I was grand after I must read a tin of formula! But I’m sure it’s all changed now since the 80s
I haven’t a clue 😂

I’m gutted they stopped ranitidine, it was my saviour!!! My stomach is tit! Funnily enough!

Reactions: 1
@Pollyanna263 I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow, I'm sorry you're suffering too. Mental illness is so hard. You've been so kind as always. Cheesy as this sounds, I wish you were my real life friend. I always feel happier talking to you lot.

Night Tattlers x
Sorry you are going thro such a crappy time :( if school take no notice, write 3 letters, 1 to head teacher, 1 to board of governors, 1 to Ofsted! They have to act on it then!
After my daughter was Sexual assualted, a kid found out and spread it around her year, telling people he hoped the next time she'd be r*p*d. And school done duck all saying it wasn't up to them to tell him off! Made school life hard! So I feel your pain. I desperately hope you and him get sorted.

What I commented for was the " wish you were my real life friends", I felt like writing this before but thought people would think I'm silly. I love the tit on hinch page, but sometimes it's too much when I have too much going on at home, so this page will come in handy and I'll be your friend, I'll be everyone's friend xxx

• Wow
Reactions: 5
@Pollyanna263 I’m only seeing your reply, I’m okay it’s kinda weird it’s giving me flashbacks from 2019 and I really want to forget about that year! 😂

I have been using my crystal ball a lot last week to put it somewhere and I find it helps me, I just hold it and I can spin it on the table as well, I don’t have a ring on my finger, I’ve started to lose weight and it’s too big and still too small for the original finger 😂 I find fiddling with that helps me. I had a chain too it was nice and fine so I didnt have to take it off, it snapped on me whilst I was being admitted to hospital last year. It was a bit weird and I was like great my anxiety tool has gone! X

Reactions: 2
Can I ask, those that have/had therapy did yous go private or go through GP?
I only ask because I'm thinking of starting it again.
I've had therapy before and half way through, the therapist moved and I wasn't assigned a new one, (this was some years ago) it took a lot to open up to her and kinda feel like it will happen again. However because I've lived with trauma my whole life, I've kinda shut it out and got on with it, but actually realising it affects my daily life a bloody lot especially lately.
I also feel if I were to tell someone the life I've lived, they'd be questioning how I was stil going because I ask that question alot myself and that is what is putting me off going and asking for help again.

• Heart
Hi everyone, you lovely bunch of trolls. I will miss reading the off topic vent sessions on the other thread, which always end with “to keep it on topic, hinch is a bleep!” 😂

• Haha
Can I ask, those that have/had therapy did yous go private or go through GP?
I only ask because I'm thinking of starting it again.
I've had therapy before and half way through, the therapist moved and I wasn't assigned a new one, (this was some years ago) it took a lot to open up to her and kinda feel like it will happen again. However because I've lived with trauma my whole life, I've kinda shut it out and got on with it, but actually realising it affects my daily life a bloody lot especially lately.
I also feel if I were to tell someone the life I've lived, they'd be questioning how I was stil going because I ask that question alot myself and that is what is putting me off going and asking for help again.

The waiting list via GP could be lengthy, private will get you an appointment much sooner. It all boils down to who you click with.
My first counsellor was lovely but she didn’t talk at all and I was absolutely drained after the session, I went private and I found a female and I clicked with her, I felt more refreshed after. I moved so I ended it with her. I’ve been waiting for donkeys now, I’m gonna go private when I get money gathered up! A recession in 2019 😒 and this year has been getting back on me feet again. I would suggest you go because if you’re questioning how are you still going? That was me for years and I wasn’t well at all. Don’t let it get that far X

• Heart
The waiting list via GP could be lengthy, private will get you an appointment much sooner. It all boils down to who you click with.
My first counsellor was lovely but she didn’t talk at all and I was absolutely drained after the session, I went private and I found a female and I clicked with her, I felt more refreshed after. I moved so I ended it with her. I’ve been waiting for donkeys now, I’m gonna go private when I get money gathered up! A recession in 2019 😒 and this year has been getting back on me feet again. I would suggest you go because if you’re questioning how are you still going? That was me for years and I wasn’t well at all. Don’t let it get that far X
I would suggest that you look for someone who does online sessions (if you are comfortable with that) first of all lots of people offer cheaper prices for doing it on zoom or skype or wherever, but also I always find it more comfortable to be able to sit in bed with my cats while doing it. Therapy is draining at the best of times, but having to go somewhere else, wait in the waiting room for your appt etc etc just adds stress

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I would suggest that you look for someone who does online sessions (if you are comfortable with that) first of all lots of people offer cheaper prices for doing it on zoom or skype or wherever, but also I always find it more comfortable to be able to sit in bed with my cats while doing it. Therapy is draining at the best of times, but having to go somewhere else, wait in the waiting room for your appt etc etc just adds stress
I will be doing online as I as live in no man’s land 😂

Ah I love that you have your cats beside you during your session’s.
Thank you for replying to me. I hope you’re well X

• Heart
I will be doing online as I as live in no man’s land 😂

Ah I love that you have your cats beside you during your session’s.
Thank you for replying to me. I hope you’re well X
I mean it is a bit of a distraction at times, but at this point I think everyone is used to cats interrupting meetings online :ROFLMAO: Thank you, I hope you find someone good ❤

• Heart
OK. I'll start saving after Xmas! I've questioned my self that far to many times and even friends comment asking the same thing! Personally I feel like I don't deal with tit, I just plough through it all. Sometimes I'll cry to deal with it but not often. My best friend - my gran died this year and I didn't feel any emotion yet cry watching TV programmes.
I hope you can restart you session soon. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’VE BEEN TO THE SHOPS!!!!!!!

And I coped!!!!!!

That’s all, just had to share
Amazing!! Well done lovely ❤

Ah god, you poor thing, I hope you’re both okay, Xx

I know one coil is copper, copper is hormone free but has issues with bleeding etc, the other is called mirena with hormones and that’s the one that’s been beneficial for women, but that doesn’t mean it will suit everyone too, we’re all different. yeah they’re not v pleasant to get in, getting them out is different, the usual response was like, is that it? 😂

I was on the implant, made me moody af, changed to pill and I was grand, moved over the water and the pill they gave me made me cry every month like clockwork, next one turned me into a psycho. I’m on nothing now!
It makes a difference when you have a good Doctor. I’m sorry you’re having a such a tit time X
Ain't hormones just a bloody delight to deal with?! I'm pretty sure Ive always been an emotional /moody cow anyway but my dodgy hormones make me ten times worse!🤣

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.