Support Thread for the best strangers I've ever met!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning you lovely bunch , hope everyone is ok and ready for whatever this weekend is going to throw at you.

My kids are getting proper hyper for Christmas which is just lovely to watch , probably the first year the youngest had really understood Christmas!

I've been pretty snappy and quiet the last few days so thinking I need to up my HRT a bit again , I didn't think I'd need it in early 40s but here we are!!

Have a lovely day you nasty bunch of trolls ❤xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Morning you lovely bunch , hope everyone is ok and ready for whatever this weekend is going to throw at you.

My kids are getting proper hyper for Christmas which is just lovely to watch , probably the first year the youngest had really understood Christmas!

I've been pretty snappy and quiet the last few days so thinking I need to up my HRT a bit again , I didn't think I'd need it in early 40s but here we are!!

Have a lovely day you nasty bunch of trolls ❤xx
Good morning how are you? I’ll be working and sleeping 😂 we are dog sitting and it’s a nightmare and I love dogs and cats like! My sleep is totally disturbed with her barking. 😭 I’ll be out for the count this weekend!
That’s good the kids are getting excited for Xmas ! Xmas is definitely much better with kids around, are you sleeping and eating okay? Drinking lots of water ? Iron supplements? ( Sorry 😂 I’m a pest)

I don’t know a lot about HRT but you’re quite young to be on it, I’m sorry. Hope you’re feeling okay and hopefully the Xmas spirit will help you as well. It’s not easy being a woman. ❤😘

Reactions: 3
Some of the press give tattle a bad name but I do feel, despite the main purpose of the forum there's so much more than bashing "influences".

Some threads are great support to vent.

On that note on thing I find weird is how certain people seem to forget we are all strangers behind a screen.

How can you claims to love somebody you have never met? And taking sides and creating drama with a fellow member picking a battle that's not yours to fight. Mind blogging...

Anyhoo, I guess I won't post much on this thread but I needed to get some words out of my chest.

Apologies if this is the wrong place.

Reactions: 1
Some of the press give tattle a bad name but I do feel, despite the main purpose of the forum there's so much more than bashing "influences".

On that note on thing I find weird is how certain people seem to forget we are all strangers behind a screen.

How can you claims to love somebody you have never met? And taking sides and creating drama with a fellow member picking a battle that's not yours to fight. Mind blogging...

Anyhoo, I guess I won't post much on this thread but I needed to get some words out of my chest.

Anyone is welcome in this thread 😊 it started as a few of us from the Mrs Hinch thread wanted to chat more generally.

I know what you mean, it does feel weird saying we love other people on here, but for me at least it feels like a community - the fact it’s anonymous is both a blessing and a curse. Blessing because we know no one in ‘real life’ will know it’s us if we share something personal.
Curse because I actually would love to get to know some of the people on here in the real world.

I mean, who really knows if anyone is who they say they are, have the kids they have, whatever, but with what is shared and the support given, to absolute strangers, some of these people feel like my kind of people.

My eldest child is 14 and when he was a baby Babycentre was the ‘in thing’ to talk to other mums to be. I got talking to people who were at the same stage of parenting, hidden behind anonymous usernames, and actually one of those people became, and still is, my closest friend in real life.

I haven’t seen the side-taking I don’t think. I guess if it’s an opinion someone shares they’re going to ‘side’ with one person over the other, but I agree with you that it should be become a battle.

Reactions: 8
Apologies for the typos. Just noticed them as I read your reply.

So, the story goes like this...

I follow a certain rave thread, don't post much, 90% of the time lurk and react to posts.
Today a woman (yet again) decided to talk about her drunk antics (her call) but she went a bit too far and I reacted with a sick emoji. Mind you, I was the only one. Do you know the story about drunk women are not capable of giving consent? Try the reverse... Man off his tits, woman not so much, take man home, before the act tells him she has a STD, don't use protection and go to a thread to discuss the matter. Apparently she is worried he might have caught something. People were quick to defend her (to much of my surprise) saying she was right in telling him and he made a decision to carry on. We are all entitled to our opinion but I have a feeling if the roles were reversed or said man was a brother/relative/friend they would not be so sympathetic towards the woman...

Anywhooo, troubled woman decides to apologise for talking too much while she was still half drunk (at 15:50!) and people went on the no need to apologise band wagon. She then says the reason why she regrets oversharing is because someone used a sick emoji reaction.

What do you think happened next? Half of the regular posters (if not all of them) went on to check the original post. I know I'd probably do the same but just out of curiosity.

Then people starting to defend the offender and bash me - without @ me because they knew they would get in trouble. Igonore her, she (I) don't like a post chose to ignore or scrow past it, she sould be ashamed to go out of her way to make people feel bad - excuse me! If you do tit and is remorseful ask mods to delete the post. The only reason why she had this apologetic reaction is because I, one single person, reacted with the sick emoji against all the other heart reactions.

2hs later they are still banging on about it, how the walking std did nothing wrong, the thread is a safe space, no one should judge others etc.

Bottom line: chances are next time I dare to post something I'll be ignored. Not that I care as I am not here to increase my reaction count but I can't stop but to feel like I am being bullied. Everyone knows it's me who left the sick emoji reaction because the woman complained about it.

Rant over.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Apologies for the typos. Just noticed them as I read your reply.

So, the story goes like this...

I follow a certain rave thread, don't post much, 90% of the time lurk and react to posts.
Today a woman (yet again) decided to talk about her drunk antics (her call) but she went a bit too far and I reacted with a sick emoji. Mind you, I was the only one. Do you know the story about drunk women are not capable of giving consent? Try the reverse... Man off his tits, woman not so much, take man home, before the act tells him she has a STD, don't use protection and go to a thread to discuss the matter. Apparently she is worried he might have caught something. People were quick to defend her (to much of my surprise) saying she was right in telling him and he made a decision to carry on. We are all entitled to our opinion but I have a feeling if the roles were reversed or said man was a brother/relative/friend they would not be so sympathetic towards the woman...

Anywhooo, troubled woman decides to apologise for talking too much while she was still half drunk (at 15:50!) and people went on the no need to apologise band wagon. She then says the reason why she regrets oversharing is because someone used a sick emoji reaction.

What do you think happened next? Half of the regular posters (if not all of them) went on to check the original post. I know I'd probably do the same but just out of curiosity.

Then people starting to defend the offender and bash me - without @ me because they knew they would get in trouble. Igonore her, she (I) don't like a post chose to ignore or scrow past it, she sould be ashamed to go out of her way to make people feel bad - excuse me! If you do tit and is remorseful ask mods to delete the post. The only reason why she had this apologetic reaction is because I, one single person, reacted with the sick emoji against all the other heart reactions.

2hs later they are still banging on about it, how the walking std did nothing wrong, the thread is a safe space, no one should judge others etc.

Bottom line: chances are next time I dare to post something I'll be ignored. Not that I care as I am not here to increase my reaction count but I can't stop but to feel like I am being bullied. Everyone knows it's me who left the sick emoji reaction because the woman complained about it.

Rant over.
I think your feelings on this are totally valid.
I’m not going to comment on the thread as I don’t know which it is and it’s not important, but what I will say is if there have been comments made about you (even if not directly to you) and the original post you reacted to wasn’t actually related to the thread it was on, I think I’d probably report now and let the mods deal with it.

You’re welcome here and we’re a lovely bunch x

Reactions: 6

Well on the grand scheme of things it’s much kinder to spread love for ppl than hate. That’s just my outlook on life. Lots of ppl bond online. Take tinder for example. I respect your opinion but that’s how I roll.

How has your day been? Are you looking forward to Xmas? 😁

Well on the grand scheme of things it’s much kinder to spread love for ppl than hate. That’s just my outlook on life. Lots of ppl bond online. Take tinder for example. I respect your opinion but that’s how I roll.

How has your day been? Are you looking forward to Xmas? 😁
You are right. I was disgusted by her behaviour (hence the sick emoji but that's all, I did not reply to it as it was off topic - most of her posts on the rave thread are off topic and to discuss her private life) as much as I'd be if the roles were reversed. It seems men are always the bastards getting the short end of the stick...

My father caught covid in hospital and died from it within 48hs. Sorry, not sorry, a 36yo tart saying feck all to covid, partying and taking a stranger home doesn't sit well with me. I couldn't care less if she caughts it or not (or the man in question) but she knows she has a std, takes a drunk man home (again, the consent thingy), proceeds to have unprotected sex and think she is Mother Theresa because she informed him of her disease before they initiated the act? No, just no.

I am not ok, thanks for asking.

Not looking forward to xmas (will be alone), did not bother with decor this year. Resigned from my job on 10/12 due to stress and now I regret it massively (as it happens this past week I had feck all to do, worked a total of 5hrs combined in 4 days - just my luck). Did not find out until yesterday that I will lose half of my pension pot because I'm leaving the company before 24 months - mind you, my leaving date is just 55 days short of the 2yrs mark. To say I am fuming is an understatement. Tried to reverse the resignation, my manager is ok with it and will talk to HR next week but going by how quick the dept director was quick to accept my request to resign I very much doubt he will take me back, even though they have no one to fulfill the role and due to a number of factors they won't be able to hire someone until the end of Jan.

Oh well... there are people out there homeless, others in a death bed. I can't complain much I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Hey everyone,

Actually having an ok day mentally, despite it being a generally tit day.

Surprisingly the covid thing isn't worrying me atm. I feel more angry at the government but that's another story. The only thing that worries me about it is if after xmas schools close because my youngest son gets into a bad place mentally in lockdowns bless him.

As if I wrote the above this morning and I didn't press post properly mehhh

As for love on here. Love is better than hate and some of the users from the Mrs Hinch thread have actually been more supportive of me and my struggles than people I've actually met, so yes, I really like these people and wish I knew who they were. I do disagree with some comments here and there on the threads but I like to think I'm respectful about it in my responses.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
You are right. I was disgusted by her behaviour (hence the sick emoji but that's all, I did not reply to it as it was off topic - most of her posts on the rave thread are off topic and to discuss her private life) as much as I'd be if the roles were reversed. It seems men are always the bastards getting the short end of the stick...

My father caught covid in hospital and died from it within 48hs. Sorry, not sorry, a 36yo tart saying feck all to covid, partying and taking a stranger home doesn't sit well with me. I couldn't care less if she caughts it or not (or the man in question) but she knows she has a std, takes a drunk man home (again, the consent thingy), proceeds to have unprotected sex and think she is Mother Theresa because she informed him of her disease before they initiated the act? No, just no.

I am not ok, thanks for asking.

Not looking forward to xmas (will be alone), did not bother with decor this year. Resigned from my job on 10/12 due to stress and now I regret it massively (as it happens this past week I had feck all to do, worked a total of 5hrs combined in 4 days - just my luck). Did not find out until yesterday that I will lose half of my pension pot because I'm leaving the company before 24 months - mind you, my leaving date is just 55 days short of the 2yrs mark. To say I am fuming is an understatement. Tried to reverse the resignation, my manager is ok with it and will talk to HR next week but going by how quick the dept director was quick to accept my request to resign I very much doubt he will take me back, even though they have no one to fulfill the role and due to a number of factors they won't be able to hire someone until the end of Jan.

Oh well... there are people out there homeless, others in a death bed. I can't complain much I guess.

How are you feeling today? I hope you’re okay. I’m sorry about your work situation, I have lost quite a few years of work due to stress. I’m now back at work this year and I haven’t been sick. The pension situation is surely frustrating for you, try not to let it get to you so much because it will only add to the stress you already have, look after your stress levels. I’m very sorry to hear about your father, it must of been such a shock to you as it was quite sudden, with regards to covid and ppl doing things, these things will happen, there’s nothing we can do about it unfortunately.

I hope today is a better day. Take some time to yourself on Xmas day, have a nice bath, read a book, light some candles, its tit being alone but you are welcome to talk here.

@Pollyanna263 hope you’re not feeling as tired, you’ll be glad to see tues! I replied to you last night saying the same favourite hinch moment as you, I definitely need sleep 😂

@Curlywurly82 i hope you’re okay and I didn’t offend you with my post yesterday.

🎄🎄🎄

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
How are you feeling today? I hope you’re okay. I’m sorry about your work situation, I have lost quite a few years of work due to stress. I’m now back at work this year and I haven’t been sick. The pension situation is surely frustrating for you, try not to let it get to you so much because it will only add to the stress you already have, look after your stress levels. I’m very sorry to hear about your father, it must of been such a shock to you as it was quite sudden, with regards to covid and ppl doing things, these things will happen, there’s nothing we can do about it unfortunately.

I hope today is a better day. Take some time to yourself on Xmas day, have a nice bath, read a book, light some candles, its tit being alone but you are welcome to talk here.

@Pollyanna263 hope you’re not feeling as tired, you’ll be glad to see tues! I replied to you last night saying the same favourite hinch moment as you, I definitely need sleep 😂

@Curlywurly82 i hope you’re okay and I didn’t offend you with my post yesterday.

🎄🎄🎄
I'm feeling okay. I'll get better as soon as I sort out the work situation or, find a new job.

Thanks for your support. 🌹

Argh my mum tested positive today for covid and I was sat in a car with no ventilation and then hugged her. Right before Christmas. Praying we don't get it but either way so sad we won't see her at Christmas now :(

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Argh my mum tested positive today for covid and I was sat in a car with no ventilation and then hugged her. Right before Christmas. Praying we don't get it but either way so sad we won't see her at Christmas now :(
Fingers and toes crossed you will be OK ❤ and your mum isn't too sick and comes out of it ok

• Heart
Oh no! I hope she’s okay and stays feeling as well as possible. Keeping everything crossed for you xx

🎄🎄🎄
Sorry for not replying sooner. Been a mental few days here!

I’m feeling so much better, just absolutely exhausted all the time.

• Heart
Oh no! I hope she’s okay and stays feeling as well as possible. Keeping everything crossed for you xx

Sorry for not replying sooner. Been a mental few days here!

I’m feeling so much better, just absolutely exhausted all the time.

Don’t worry X
Ah I’m glad you’re feeling better, that will help. Look after yourself X

@WestHighlandWy hey , ah no don't be silly. The last few days have been bonkers , my boys are actually on the ceiling all day with excitement ! It's magical but holy heck I wish they had a pause button sometimes! Looking forward to working tomorrow so I get a few hours silence .

I've had dodgy reproductive system since I was a teen , PCOS caused me havoc for years and years , so thought once I had my pair of rascals things would calm down and boom along comes peri menopause. My iron levels have always been dodgy as well so currently on iron tablets , but after bloods and symptom checking Dr confirmed peri menopause. Daily estrogen gel is helping some symptoms , but as been on it a good few.months now I think it's time to review dose. .. I'm noticing I'm slipping back to that horrible gurny ,tired,sore person I was before and that wasn't a nice place. Thankfully more folk will talk about menopause and peri menopause now which might help other women in future. I always just thought it was something that affected you once you actually stopped having periods!

Hope things are all good with you?

• Heart
Hi lovelies - have popped over from Hinch’s thread. Hoping that you will all keep me sane here with a 6 nearly 7 month old breastfed baby who seems to have turned his feeding habits upside down. He feeds more at night and I am STRUGGLING!!!

• Heart
Hello lovely tattlers!
I love this thread, such a great idea!!
Is everyone ready for Xmas? Mr Flump has a hospital appointment tomorrow which involves a 2 hour drive each way, and then I’ve some shopping to pick up on Wednesday…. Other than that I think I’ve got enough gin and fizz so I can cope with whatever crap this Xmas throws at me 🤣
Don’t have any small people to think about, if you have then I hope they’re not driving you too mad!! I’d love all the excitement and wonder but I bet it’s exhausting too!

also hands up for the “duck OFF MENOPAUSE/PERI MENOPAUSE” club. It’s a giant duck up and I hate it. Bastarding hormones :cry:

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Sorry ladies I wasn’t in the frame of mind to reply properly the past few days. All is okay, just still exhausted and then A&E dramas with littlest’s finger last night. I swear these kids are trying to tip me over the edge!!

Awww you make me cry. You're just the sweetest person! I know you said before that you need to sort your own issues out first but I truly believe you'd be incredible as some sort of MH support worker. Wasn't it Bunny who said she helps out on suicide prevention lines or some sort of mental health call line? You'd be amazing at that too.

Oh it was traumatic - she had someone with her almost 247, but her partner popped out trusting her when she said she was feeling on a high, I got a text off her that felt off - I was off work and at the time she only lived literally round the corner THANKGOD, so I flew round and her door was unlocked - she admitted she left it unlocked in hopes I'd go as we're very in sync , it was a cry for help - she just wasn't getting the support off professionals which is so wrong and far too common I think.

You're amazing, I'm glad you're strong enough to cut people out your life. So many people are so scared to, my husbands brother and sister for example... They won't cut their mum out, even after everything she's said and done, I've never ever met any1 like her before but they're just manipulated by her , but my husband cut her off for his own wellbeing and our childrens.. So now he's the bleep, it's all wrong 💔

Awww I just adore you. Its why I asked you the other week if you have plenty of support because you're forever giving support to others. You need it too.
Your children are so lucky to have you. Xxxx
I would love to work in some kind of MH support role in the future. I see the people who have really made a difference to me, and I see the gaping cavernous hole where actually I could really use some support, and there are so many ways I think I could probably help but it’s way way in the future. I’ve been signed off work for 2 years, since his 1st birthday, and I’d only been back from maternity for 3 months 🤦🏼‍♀️
So getting back to what I know and love is the first step, then when the boys are older (well, little one as eldest is 14 already) I’d love to retrain. Yes you’re right about Bunny. I don’t know if I could do that as I think I’d need to be able to see it through with the person and know they were okay longer term. What she does is absolutely vital, I am full of admiration.

I was planning on doing midwifery, I’d looked into the degrees and the access course I’d need to do as my a levels are languages not sciences. But after the birth and all of that trauma, there’s no way.

Also I think I’ve said before, would looooove to work in the funeral industry as I honestly believe it makes such a difference to bereaved loved ones how they are spoken to and how they are made to feel when grieving and planning a funeral. I don’t know if I could do your job though, I don’t think so. You’re amazing.

Your friend - I’m so glad. She knew you would come, and maybe that was what she needed - to know that she was loved and someone wanted her to stay. Not suggesting she didn’t already know that, I’m sure she did, but mental illness convinces you of all sorts of things and it’s hard to ignore them.
I had similar with a friend feb last year, just before lockdown. She was over a hundred miles away from me and the messages she sent, I just knew. She turned her phone off and everything.
I called her husband when I decided I couldn’t risk waiting any longer. Thankfully she’d gone home, she’d just got there, she was absolutely distraught but when she heard my voice she sobbed and sobbed because she felt loved. She knew I wasn’t giving up on her.
It’s awful to see, and it’s hard when I have an understanding of how she got to that stage. I couldn’t blame her, because I could imagine being her in that moment.

Your mother in law will teach a point where people tolerate her but that’s it. That’s where I am with my dad, I’m polite and I respond to messages, but I no longer take any tit. It’s really hard though.

Thank you for being lovely ❤

Ok, duck it, Pollyanna and Danielle, I need you in my life 🤣❤ you're such lovely people.

It wasn't patronising at all btw, it was lovely what you said and sorry you've been through and seem some horrible things happen with people you care about.

I'm the as pollyanna in the sense that I feel like my problems are minuscule compared to what others go through but yeah, it's just a case of keep going for me because I'm never going to leave my kids behind. I'll never ruin their lives and I want to see them become adults with their own lives. X
Totally agree about not leaving the kids behind. That’s where I’ve always been at, but some days it’s hard to remember isn’t it.
we just have to keep going ❤

I'm great at giving them advice and making them take a step back and see how bleeping amazing they are and what they can do to help themselves,but when it's me suffering I just think I'm crying over nothing !!
YES!!!! This is me 🤣

How’s everyone today? This oul covid business is starting to make me anxious again, anyone else feeling the same? Stupid question I know!
Hope yous are all well, yous are an amazing wee bunch! ❤
How are you feeling @WestHighlandWy is your anxiety manageable? It’s all scary, it’s okay to feel anxious. Remember to keep talking to us if it helps xxx

Hi lovelies - have popped over from Hinch’s thread. Hoping that you will all keep me sane here with a 6 nearly 7 month old breastfed baby who seems to have turned his feeding habits upside down. He feeds more at night and I am STRUGGLING!!!
Just stopped feeding, made it to 3 years (was never going to go beyond 6 months 🤣) so always happy to chat boob stuff ❤ Do you bedshare? That was a sanity saver for me x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just stopped feeding, made it to 3 years (was never going to go beyond 6 months 🤣) so always happy to chat boob stuff ❤ Do you bedshare? That was a sanity saver for me x
three years in the boob! Well done you!! I said I would be happy if I made it to 4 weeks… then I kept moving the goal posts! We don’t bedshare except in the mornings when daddy goes to work. I spoke to my health visitor who advised he’s wakening for comfort and not a feed. But he’s on the boob for a full feed if I let him through the night! It just seems to be since we started weaning and offering foods! It’s a tough gig!! X

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.