Support Thread for the best strangers I've ever met!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Amazing!! Well done lovely ❤

Ain't hormones just a bloody delight to deal with?! I'm pretty sure Ive always been an emotional /moody cow anyway but my dodgy hormones make me ten times worse!🤣
It's been a tough year for everryone I've been a mess all evening and to help I put Greys Anatomy on and told Mr T not to interrupt so i can have a good 😭 hopefully I wake up tomorrow and am back to myself

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi lovely HinchHating tattlers 🥰 came in here to just say things out loud that I can’t say to anyone else in my life rn.

Was in hospital this afternoon for an emergency surgery and they were getting ready to wheel me to theatre when it came back that my pcr is positive 🙃

I’ve got some pretty serious underlying health issues and am on 3 different immunosuppressants and spent most of last year completely alone in my flat shielding because they drummed it into me that covid will kill me.

Genuinely really bloody scared because I already feel so unwell and reading some of your experiences sounds like you’ve been really poorly. And I think I’m genuinely a bit frightened I’m going to die.

Looks like I’ll be spending this week and Christmas alone so I’ll be right here 👇🏼 If anyone needs someone to talk to!x x x

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Hi lovely HinchHating tattlers 🥰 came in here to just say things out loud that I can’t say to anyone else in my life rn.

Was in hospital this afternoon for an emergency surgery and they were getting ready to wheel me to theatre when it came back that my pcr is positive 🙃

I’ve got some pretty serious underlying health issues and am on 3 different immunosuppressants and spent most of last year completely alone in my flat shielding because they drummed it into me that covid will kill me.

Genuinely really bloody scared because I already feel so unwell and reading some of your experiences sounds like you’ve been really poorly. And I think I’m genuinely a bit frightened I’m going to die.

Looks like I’ll be spending this week and Christmas alone so I’ll be right here 👇🏼 If anyone needs someone to talk to!x x x
I am so sorry you will be alone for xmas, how are you feeling otherwise?
Also can I just say it angers me that people like you have been so careful over tis last (year/years) and got ill while stupid people refusing the vaccine have not and by chance been ok?
Wishing you all the best ❤

• Heart

Sending you best wishes and we are here for you too ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
hi all! re. therapy - if you're already an outpatient at another dept and it would benefit their reason for seeing you, i think they can refer you for therapy if the hospital / trust has a psychology dept. i was under rheumatology about five yrs ago and mentioned increased anxiety around my condition and they were able to get me cbt in less than two weeks! spent a few months with a really amazing therapist and still cry whenever i think about her. she just got it you know?? a friend i made later on spent three years suicidal on the camhs waiting list being told that because she hadn't yet made an attempt to end her life all she could do was wait for a spot (she had severe ptsd and i had anxiety w/ relatively mild depression that didn't need medicating - racked me with guilt but also made me extremely grateful for the nurse who got me help). of course might be a different story now as i wasn't under adult services at the time but thought it worth a mention! you ladies sound so strong i really hope you're all keeping safe and well <33

• Heart

Ah god this is not v nice for you at all, this is a great place to vent. I know nothing I can say will make anything better for you but I am here if you need to chat.. ❤❤ Take care of yourself and if you can explain to the staff how you are feeling. They will help X

• Heart
Fab idea to make this thread! I've had so much shite going on, I've still been lurking, but not had many comments on Hinch. Feels like it never ends at the moment and I'm struggling. My iron stores are low, found out I've got beginnings of liver disease, my eustachian tubes are playing up, being investigated for hereditary blood disorders, so can't have booster until we rule out the ones which could trigger a whole host of other stuff. That means I'm basically isolating again. Also, if I make no more progress in recovery by Feb, they may have to do something "invasive" to get rid of my blood clots. I'm really trying to keep positive and be glad I'm still here, but everyday is something new it feels like. I also just feel so awful, weak, dizzy, fatigued etc.

My family are being less than supportive. I said before on hinch's thread how they were and everyone said cut them off. I've backed wayyyyy off, I haven't been instigating anything, just replying to texts if they bother. They haven't realised yet that I'm off with them yet. Proves my point they're too enamoured with themselves to even think of me. I keep telling them I have to be so careful as I'm immunocompromised, but they act like it's a joke. SIL came to lunch with pneumonia, only told me half way through. Mum is ill, sounds an awful lot like covid, but doesn't want to do a test in case she ruins Christmas. Well, we won't be going over then! She's still going out, seeing her elderly parents etc. Just so selfish.

Well that became a long rant, sorry, but only have my husband and a few friends to talk to and needed to get everything off my chest.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm struggling to keep up with the threads due to kids being off but @Justanorthernlass that's so sad what happened to your child :( makes me so mad as well.

As for therapy. I've accessed cbt and group therapy for bpd through the gp mainly. I did get referred to group therapy after the crisis team had to visit me though too. There are also numbers only you can call to do talking therapy x

Evening lovely peeps,
Hope everyone is ok. These few days in the run up to Xmas can be tough!
I feel like I’m in a round of squid games trying to avoid the bloody Covid. Hubs is disabled and only has about 30% of his lungs working so we’ve been super careful, especially now so that hopefully (all being well) his parents can join us on Saturday.
I’m having a very flat day,no reason for it but HRT makes me feel like giant pants some days. I’m going to inhale a box maltesers and see if that helps :D

• Heart
Sorry guys, I’m not doing very well at reading or replying over here at the mo. Overwhelmed with everything and can’t switch my brain on enough.

Will try and catch up tomorrow. Hope everyone is okay ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Sorry guys, I’m not doing very well at reading or replying over here at the mo. Overwhelmed with everything and can’t switch my brain on enough.

Will try and catch up tomorrow. Hope everyone is okay ❤
don't stress about it, the last thing this thread should be is any added stress, get some rest ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
How is everyone on here doing? I hope everyone is okay. I'm so glad this thread has been made. You're all so lovely

• Heart
Reactions: 7
2 positive PCRs from staff in my daughters nursery, supposed to be going away on the 27th to see my husbands side of the family. Please keep everything crossed that she doesn’t develop symptoms guys, we’ve not seen them since feb 2020 😩😩😩

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Fingers crossed for you @MillionDollarBaby. My mum has been in tears today because she has covid and can't see us over Christmas. Everyone is catching it :(

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Fingers crossed for you @MillionDollarBaby. My mum has been in tears today because she has covid and can't see us over Christmas. Everyone is catching it :(
it does seem like it doesn't it? I have so many friends who have it now, I have done 2 LFTs because I am seeing my parents for xmas day, we are all double vaxxed and boostered but I still feel nervous, the LF tests seem to be very innaccurate, and with symptoms being things like a sore throat and headache, which I have (albeit this is pretty usual for me in winter), I feel really unsure

• Heart
it does seem like it doesn't it? I have so many friends who have it now, I have done 2 LFTs because I am seeing my parents for xmas day, we are all double vaxxed and boostered but I still feel nervous, the LF tests seem to be very innaccurate, and with symptoms being things like a sore throat and headache, which I have (albeit this is pretty usual for me in winter), I feel really unsure
Do an LFT an hour before you meet. That’s the best way to be sure xx

• Heart
I'm coughing and sneezing today. Feel slightly unwell but nothing drastic. My kids have a normal cold though so think I've caught that as all my LF are negative. My dad has tested positive today. Fingers crossed for tomorrow, if me and my sister remain negative then at least we can still see her.

Reactions: 2
I am so sorry you will be alone for xmas, how are you feeling otherwise?
Also can I just say it angers me that people like you have been so careful over tis last (year/years) and got ill while stupid people refusing the vaccine have not and by chance been ok?
Wishing you all the best ❤
Thank you ❤ I’ve been so unwell and was taken to hospital last night for oxygen. Perks of a broken immune system 😩 it does really frustrate me that I spent my last year of my 20s shielding and away from all my friends and family and ended up in my partner of 4 years leaving me, while some people have had zero regard for the state of the country and just do whatever they want 😣 but thank you for your concern, I hope you have a lovely Christmas 🎅🏼🎄xxx

• Heart
I’m having a bit of a guilt trip to do with my EX MIL.

Bit of a back story, me and my ex split when my LG was 3 she’s now 11, since then he’s had no contact, his choice not mine he stopped sending presents and cards when she was 7 years old and she noticed he didn’t send presents or cards.

Anyway me and his mum got on fine she distanced herself from my child too, she barely sees her even though she is down my street pretty often sometimes twice a week seeing one of my neighbours ( they’re friends) but only calls at my house maybe once every few months or to bring down Xmas & birthday cards / presents.

My daughter doesn’t really know her as she doesn’t see them, again their choice not mine.

the Thing is I haven’t bought her a card or present from my daughter since me and her dad split as he was the one who always got them for His mum.
Today she has called down and like every year has bought cards for my daughter and for me too but she added money into mine, now I’m feeling guilty that I don’t buy her anything or give her a card.

😬 do I start giving her cards and presents.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.