Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Curlywurly82

VIP Member
Hey hey

Following @Pollyanna263 fab idea for a support Thread where we can just chat non other thread related I thought I would try and create a wee thread...mainly as I can't be bothered working today!

Sit back , pour a drink and have a natter.

I'm busy trying to sort out the last of the "Santa " presents and make sure they are all delivered on time.

Can't wait for this Xmas as first year the youngest will really understand it!

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Pollyanna263

VIP Member
Im thinking of "finding " a letter from Santa saying he had to deliver it here as he couldn't make it at North Pole??
Yes or you could say that Santa had it delivered to you to make sure it was right, then takes it away again for Christmas?

Santa only brings what fits in a stocking here. Usually pants, socks, small random toys (pound shop shit stuff generally), chocs and sweets, a book, pencils / pens.

He doesn’t get the credit for the good presents 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

Pollyanna263

VIP Member
I don’t post on here much lately, because my ‘stuff’ is all mental health crap and it’s pretty heavy right now to be totally honest. I don’t want to weigh the thread down with it, but also there are some things that are just too hard to share sometimes, and that’s my reality a lot of the time lately.

I dip in and out of posting on the depression thread, where it’s a bit easier - not because you guys aren’t lovely, because you absolutely are! But because with some MH things there’s a shame you feel about yourself, and you can be afraid to be honest in case people think badly of you. With people who have felt the same, the fear is eased a little, but never entirely.

I always, always read here, though. I just don’t always have capacity to reply. Sometimes with the longer posts I can’t take in all of what they say so I’m really sorry if I’ve missed anything important.

The Hinch thread is (usually) a good focus to dip in and out, and gives some laughs along the way with all you nusty bunch ❤

• Heart

Cleaningnothinching

Hi lovely HinchHating tattlers 🥰 came in here to just say things out loud that I can’t say to anyone else in my life rn.

Was in hospital this afternoon for an emergency surgery and they were getting ready to wheel me to theatre when it came back that my pcr is positive 🙃

I’ve got some pretty serious underlying health issues and am on 3 different immunosuppressants and spent most of last year completely alone in my flat shielding because they drummed it into me that covid will kill me.

Genuinely really bloody scared because I already feel so unwell and reading some of your experiences sounds like you’ve been really poorly. And I think I’m genuinely a bit frightened I’m going to die.

Looks like I’ll be spending this week and Christmas alone so I’ll be right here 👇🏼 If anyone needs someone to talk to!x x x

• Heart

MillionDollarBaby

VIP Member
Pulling up a pew (whitewashed of course), opening a can of Diet Coke and ripping into some crunky snacks. I’m thank you for the Fred. I’m never sure when I’m veering off topic so stay firmly on Hinch in the other one but miss out on chatting with you lovely trolls 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Danielle0120

VIP Member
As much as I love the bitchy threads and the laughs you get, this chit chat thread is something I think alot of people will benefit from... I really love this idea.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Sassybee

Hi all, just saw this link posted on the Hinch thread and I thought I would come on. Feeling the strain at the min with life in general and I know this will make me smile. Hope everyone is well ♥

• Heart

Pollyanna263

VIP Member
Yay thank you! I’d posted in the tattle support thread to check with admin that it was okay to do this, I wasn’t brave enough 🙈

I’m currently standing at my back door, throwing a ball for the dog and watching the 3yo running round the garden.
Covid fatigue is still kicking my bum but neither of them want to come in!

I'll be here tattlers ❤
How are you doing? Been thinking about you, and everything going on with your son.
Hope you get to speak to GP for your meds review xx

@horseybox1982 are you around? Hope everything is going the right way with the husband xx

Last edited:
  • Heart

Danielle0120

VIP Member
Just catching up on here and my god you're all just absolutely gorgeous people.

I feel a bit cheeky getting involved when it comes to Mental health chat because I don't suffer with any mental health issues or depression, in any way really, but listening to you all is so interesting, knowledge wise. My sister works in a mental health hospital so I just know the basics from listening really , I'm around MH but just not me personally - my dad is very unwell with depression and anxiety since the death of my mum, he's very unwell, had a couple of suicide attempts and sectioned a few times, he's the most amazing man, but finally seems a little brighter these days.. My best friend of 20 years had severe depression which is getting alot better, I performed CPR on her after a suicide attempt, she's alive and just had her second child and the happiest she's been in a while.. And my father in law committed suicide 4 yr ago due to depression which led my husband down a dark path grieving wise but things are alot better these days since he had therapy, that brought alot of things out which helped alot of wounds heal actually, his mother is a full blown narcissist, fuck me the stories I could tell, she tried to ruin my life, we've been together 12 years - that's alot of stories - but you lot who deal with your own head and battling your own thoughts everyday, are just incredible people and I have so much respect for you all. I don't know if that's patronising? I hope it's not and I hope it doesn't across that way.

I wish I could cuddle every single one of you though xxxxxx

• Heart

PootleFlump

I’m not sure if @horseybox1982 is on this thread, but if you are- or to anyone else who needs it….
I’m a carer for my husband who has a significant disability. So for all of you who are caring for a partner, or a child or anyone else, then I’m here and I hear you.
It’s hard. And it’s often utterly shit.
I hear you and I’m here.

I know we all have different difficulties and we need different types of support. But I hear you.
And you’re not alone.

just wanted to send you all a hug and some love xxx

• Heart

Curlywurly82

VIP Member
Ahh @Pollyanna263 hope you are all on the mend and kicking covids butt.

Guys i could cry , I did the school run and left door unlocked, postie put a Santa present in the door which child found and opened it as he ran into the house before me ( I was standing in garden talking to neighbour)

How the fuck do I explain?? Sitting crying with oldrest absolutely buzzing

• Sad

MrsD33

VIP Member
Hi everyone, I've not posted on here before but just asked for the link from the Hinch thread.

@horseybox1982 I was familiar with your situation from the Hinch thread but blimey, you have a lot on your plate now, I know it doesn't help practically but I really am keeping everything crossed for you that your situation picks up soon, you sure as hell deserve it, you're so strong!

@☆MagicRoundabout☆ Keeping my fingers crossed for you as well that all your appointments go well, I'm so sorry to hear that you can't go to your daughter's wedding! Hopefully there will be a big party a little further down the line which you can all look forward to.

My issue I need some advice with is on no way the scale of other's here, but you're all such a lovely bunch and I feel like I need some wise words now: I'm one of the younger members on the Hinch thread and (in a good way!) you ladies have a few years life experience on me, so I feel like you can give me good advice.

How can I deal with my boyfriend giving me the silent treatment? I'm 21, he is 23, and we have been together 5 years. It has always been a cyclical problem, where in the early days I would rack up 30+ missed calls crying begging him to answer me. We would have conversations about him needing to communicate better to me, as for me this is a dealbreaker. It has got better over the last year, but recently, he has given me the silent treatment three times in the last month. The first time was bank holiday monday, the second was last tuesday, the 10th, and the latest is from last night.

The reasons for it, in my opinion, are trivial. The first was that he wanted to spend Bank Holiday Monday in Wales (about a three hour drive from us), and I said the weather gives rain and wind, so for the sake of a six hour round trip, I'm not sure its worth it. I suggested we instead went somewhere more local (which we did); on the drive there we barely spoke as he was sulking, but during the day out we had a great time and he stopped it! The second time, he was moody because I wouldn't stop over at his house Thursday to Sunday because his parents swanned off on holiday leaving him to babysit his little brother (another incredibly sore point in our relationship). I said no to stopping for that length of time as its currently my final exam/assessment/essay period for my degree, which finishes on this coming Monday, so I need all the time I can get. Its not like I'd see my boyfriend anyway as he works those days, so I would basically only be there to look after his brother. I said no, and didn't go. Last night, he went ahead with his parents and booked for us to go out somewhere next Thursday evening: I said I couldn't as its my best friend's birthday and we're going out (not that I want his parents tagging along with us anyway). He asked me at 7:30, I replied why I couldn't at 8, and I didn't hear from him until 8 this morning. Bearing in mind we usually call for an hour before going to sleep to catch up, and there was no acknowledgement of why he'd just frozen me out.

I no longer rise to it anymore and just "carry on as normal" in the hopes he will realise his behaviour isn't acceptable or mature, but he just hasn't said a thing. Part of me thinks he knows he's doing it, but is doing it to get a rise from me. I really don't know. Problem is, he says I'm amazing and that he wants to save for a deposit for a house to move in together, and that he can see spending his life with me. I feel amazing when things are good - when they're good, they're really good! But I don't like being dropped at the smallest thing; I would never do that to someone, so I just struggle to deal with it. What do I do about this?

Thank you all xxx

ETA we separated this time last year for about two months, of which I instigated, but got back together.
Sorry I never come on this thread, but just wanted to make sure you were ok and getting help.

I have 3 daughters (and 3 sons) and I’ll give you the same advice that I had to give my youngest a few years ago.

RUN. Get out of this relationship. It’s not healthy and NOONE should make you feel like this.

You’re 21 years old! No responsibilities yet so you should be living your best life!

This ‘silent treatment’ is just the start (trust me I’ve been there) it will only get worse.

I’m not being dramatic when I say this will probably end up an abusive relationship.

This silent treatment is his way of punishing you, and it’s not ok.

Please, please get out of this now while you can.

Eta My daughter is now in a happy, healthy relationship and wishes she’s left her ex when the first red flags appeared

• Heart
Reactions: 11

CoolMom

VIP Member
Hey everyone! Just nipped over from the Hinch thread, what a wonderful idea this is :)

I'd just like a little rant please, as I don't have many real life people to talk to. I am currently away with my husband and two children visiting family, splitting our time between mine and his lot. Earlier this week we saw mine..it was amazing. We haven't seen each other since Summer and my kids have grown up so much since then! We are now with husband's family and I got a message this morning to day my close family member has tested positive for Covid :(

We had so many plans to see them and her family between Xmas and new year, they were hosting a second Xmas with loads of exciting stuff for the kids to do and it's all just blown up now they will be in isolation. My anxiety is also through the roof thag we will have caught it after spending time with them this week. I don't want my young kids to be ill (like, ever!) but especially not over Christmas!

I guess I'm just fed up, as I know we all are with this shit. I just want to cry but I can't, it's Christmas Eve and my kids don't need to know yet that all our plans next week are fucked.

Sorry. I hope you are all having a great time whatever you are doing!!! Xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Bogwoppit

VIP Member
I hope everyone is ok? Sending my love to you all ❤ had my assessment, I’m selling my family home & moving hopefully get some support with it from the team, I’ve been put on antidepressants & to have a sick note from my GP until the antidepressants start to kick in, I feel so guilty though as if I’m being lazy but told I need to help my recovery by doing this, also try & do something everyday even if it a walk around the block or to my local shop. Fingers crossed I will start to feel stronger, thank you all so much again you have all been so wonderful 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Curlywurly82

VIP Member
Yes or you could say that Santa had it delivered to you to make sure it was right, then takes it away again for Christmas?

Santa only brings what fits in a stocking here. Usually pants, socks, small random toys (pound shop shit stuff generally), chocs and sweets, a book, pencils / pens.

He doesn’t get the credit for the good presents 🤣
Haha I think moving forward this is going to be our plan .

It breaks my heart when there children in oldest child's class who will have nothing this year , and here's my pair getting pretty much all they asked for .( To be fair they have asked for new bedding and things so practical bit still want them to know how lucky they are)

On a funny note to end my shite afternoon,I nipped into a shop just now ,and saw someone I know who's just been diagnosed terminally ill...after they left I burst into tears at the counter getting served! The cashier must have thought I was bonkers 🙈

Early night tonight with a big bar of chocolate I think !

• Heart
Reactions: 10