Support Thread for the best strangers I've ever met!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haha I think moving forward this is going to be our plan .

It breaks my heart when there children in oldest child's class who will have nothing this year , and here's my pair getting pretty much all they asked for .( To be fair they have asked for new bedding and things so practical bit still want them to know how lucky they are)

On a funny note to end my shite afternoon,I nipped into a shop just now ,and saw someone I know who's just been diagnosed terminally ill...after they left I burst into tears at the counter getting served! The cashier must have thought I was bonkers 🙈

Early night tonight with a big bar of chocolate I think !
Oh what a day you’ve had xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@Pollyanna263 Only just seen your message. Found out yesterday that the boy who assaulted my son was allowed in his class again this week. Beyond angry. I'm trying to pull my son out of that school as it's despicable all round but you know what school waiting lists are like. My son himself is doing ok though. Looking forward to talking to the Dr tomorrow, forgot to take my sertraline the other day and the day after I felt the most normal I'd felt in ages. I'm having a lot of derealization and anxiety and these tablets aren't doing anything to help and I have headaches and neck ache that won't shift on these tablets. Roll on tomorrow x

Are you getting better from covid? X

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@Pollyanna263 Only just seen your message. Found out yesterday that the boy who assaulted my son was allowed in his class again this week. Beyond angry. I'm trying to pull my son out of that school as it's despicable all round but you know what school waiting lists are like. My son himself is doing ok though. Looking forward to talking to the Dr tomorrow, forgot to take my sertraline the other day and the day after I felt the most normal I'd felt in ages. I'm having a lot of derealization and anxiety and these tablets aren't doing anything to help and I have headaches and neck ache that won't shift on these tablets. Roll on tomorrow x

Oh my goodness , no wonder you are angry. I would have been raging!! Why do the school think that is acceptable?

Have you been on sertraline for a while? I found it really didn't agree with me at all after about 4 months , ended up stopping taking it as was just making me feel worse.

Hope the drs visit goes well tomorrow x

Reactions: 7

Oh no, that’s awful. Shout loud to the admissions team, there will be a space somewhere. Lots of schools have added an extra form in each year to reduce numbers in each class since covid, that might work to your advantage.
Although, if your son is happy at his school and has friends there, he shouldn’t have to leave ❤ school should work with you to make it safe for him.

Sertraline was awful for me. I didn’t get on with any SSRI at all actually, moved on to a different kind. Is it the only one you’ve taken? There’s so many more options x

Yes we’re all okay, eldest went back to school yesterday. I’m still in isolation until Friday and I’m hanging on by a thread to be honest. Still really exhausted, it’s awful, and almost constant headache. Coughing much less though, thankfully, but get breathless quickly.
All fun 🙄

Reactions: 8
Oh my goodness , no wonder you are angry. I would have been raging!! Why do the school think that is acceptable?

Have you been on sertraline for a while? I found it really didn't agree with me at all after about 4 months , ended up stopping taking it as was just making me feel worse.

Hope the drs visit goes well tomorrow x
It's just a diabolical school all round. We didn't actually apply for it but he didn't get in where he/we wanted so he got put in one of the worst schools in the city :( he's so smart too.

I've been on sertraline about 3 months now maybe a tad longer. I know I shouldn't do it but I've given today's a miss as it makes me so unwell x thanks btw x

@Pollyanna263 I've taken citalopram years ago but it didn't help. Sertraline is the only one I've tried this time. How did it make you feel if you don't mind me asking? I just want to be normal for once.

Bless you, I hope you get better soon :( x

It's just a diabolical school all round. We didn't actually apply for it but he didn't get in where he/we wanted so he got put in one of the worst schools in the city :( he's so smart too.

I've been on sertraline about 3 months now maybe a tad longer. I know I shouldn't do it but I've given today's a miss as it makes me so unwell x thanks btw x

@Pollyanna263 I've taken citalopram years ago but it didn't help. Sertraline is the only one I've tried this time. How did it make you feel if you don't mind me asking? I just want to be normal for once.

Bless you, I hope you get better soon :( x
After 3 months I’d say you’ve given it a good chance. If the side effects are out weighing the benefit, change it.
Citalopram is an SSRI too, you might find that type isn’t what you need. What you can access does sometimes depend on your GP though, their knowledge and their confidence in prescribing.

I just found with those ones I felt spaced out. Constant headache, dry mouth. But they didn’t help at all.

I ended up moving onto an SNRI, then added a tricyclic on top, then added one which is classed an an antipsychotic (😳) but in low doses is used to augment other antidepressants. So I actually take 3 different ones daily 🤪
My GP was amaaaaaaaazing though and knew her tit. Plus I read lots about them when the SSRI wasn’t working.

edit to say the NICE Pathways and BNF are worth a look, it will show you the guidelines your GP should follow

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Yep, constant headache, neck ache, jaw clenching and dry mouth. Not sure if the dr says the other types of antidepressants SNRI aren't good for asthmatics, which I am. Might have got that wrong though.

I used to be on quietiapine when I had post natal depression 8 years ago, that was bad. I walked to school looking like a drunk, I slept too much and felt too numb. Therapy has never helped either. I feel like a lost cause x

• Sad
Reactions: 5
As much as I love the bitchy threads and the laughs you get, this chit chat thread is something I think alot of people will benefit from... I really love this idea.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
After staying up late for nothing last night I'm shattered this evening 😴 think i will have the early night I had planned last night
Hope everyone had a lovely evening 😘

• Heart
Love this idea, don't post much in any threads but an avid reader!! Hope everyone is doing OK. Just finished my last of four twelve hour shifts this week 😴. My daughter came back home from uni yesterday and just found one of her housemates has covid. So shes isolating in her bedroom awaiting results of PCR test and im relaxing downstairs with a glass of wine!

• Heart
After 3 months I’d say you’ve given it a good chance. If the side effects are out weighing the benefit, change it.
Citalopram is an SSRI too, you might find that type isn’t what you need. What you can access does sometimes depend on your GP though, their knowledge and their confidence in prescribing.

I just found with those ones I felt spaced out. Constant headache, dry mouth. But they didn’t help at all.

I ended up moving onto an SNRI, then added a tricyclic on top, then added one which is classed an an antipsychotic (😳) but in low doses is used to augment other antidepressants. So I actually take 3 different ones daily 🤪
My GP was amaaaaaaaazing though and knew her tit. Plus I read lots about them when the SSRI wasn’t working.

edit to say the NICE Pathways and BNF are worth a look, it will show you the guidelines your GP should follow
I tried sertraline and citalopram didn’t agree with me at all, I wanted to climb walls. When I went into hospital I was put on a anti psychotic, I came off it and I felt soo depressed and asked for an anti depressant and the psychiatrist said no anti d for in case it would make me go manic and I was like yeah I could actually see that happening from the previous! I’m not on anything now but I do feel I need something. I don’t ever leave the house except for work. It’s not healthy.
Lots of love to you all thank you for making this thread. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yep, constant headache, neck ache, jaw clenching and dry mouth. Not sure if the dr says the other types of antidepressants SNRI aren't good for asthmatics, which I am. Might have got that wrong though.

I used to be on quietiapine when I had post natal depression 8 years ago, that was bad. I walked to school looking like a drunk, I slept too much and felt too numb. Therapy has never helped either. I feel like a lost cause x
See that could be the depression though, if the meds aren’t helping they are ways MH manifests physically.

Quetiapine was a game changer for me. That’s the last one I had added, not a high dose but just enough, and it’s really calmed my nightmares. I take venlafaxine and quet AM, and mirtazapine and quet PM.

Therapy is another weird one that different types work and sometimes it just doesn’t.
I had CBT via NHS which was absolutely not what I needed. I’m now doing EMDR privately but to be honest I don’t have the space to fall apart enough to heal, if that makes any sense?

Totally understand how you feel. My baby is 3 and the birth trauma is still ruling every single day. Hate it. What can we do though other than just keep going xx

I tried sertraline and citalopram didn’t agree with me at all, I wanted to climb walls. When I went into hospital I was put on a anti psychotic, I came off it and I felt soo depressed and asked for an anti depressant and the psychiatrist said no anti d for in case it would make me go manic and I was like yeah I could actually see that happening from the previous! I’m not on anything now but I do feel I need something. I don’t ever leave the house except for work. It’s not healthy.
Lots of love to you all thank you for making this thread. ❤
I only leave to drop littlest at childminder and pick him up again, and for therapy…. Been signed off work a while and it’s just too easy to stay here. Outside is overwhelming, shops etc cause so much anxiety.

Definitely ask for meds if you need them. It took me a looooong time to agree to take them, but I remind myself that it’s brain chemistry that needs fixing x

• Heart
@Pollyanna263 I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow, I'm sorry you're suffering too. Mental illness is so hard. You've been so kind as always. Cheesy as this sounds, I wish you were my real life friend. I always feel happier talking to you lot.

Night Tattlers x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
See that could be the depression though, if the meds aren’t helping they are ways MH manifests physically.

Quetiapine was a game changer for me. That’s the last one I had added, not a high dose but just enough, and it’s really calmed my nightmares. I take venlafaxine and quet AM, and mirtazapine and quet PM.

Therapy is another weird one that different types work and sometimes it just doesn’t.
I had CBT via NHS which was absolutely not what I needed. I’m now doing EMDR privately but to be honest I don’t have the space to fall apart enough to heal, if that makes any sense?

Totally understand how you feel. My baby is 3 and the birth trauma is still ruling every single day. Hate it. What can we do though other than just keep going xx

I only leave to drop littlest at childminder and pick him up again, and for therapy…. Been signed off work a while and it’s just too easy to stay here. Outside is overwhelming, shops etc cause so much anxiety.

Definitely ask for meds if you need them. It took me a looooong time to agree to take them, but I remind myself that it’s brain chemistry that needs fixing x
Oh, Polly 💗
Birth trauma is a wee fucker isn’t it? I didn’t know it was a thing until I got it. Masked it. Masked the inevitable PND/PNA that followed which then turned into full blown depression and anxiety.
Still managed to mask that for a year before finally asking for help.
I was convinced that in asking for help my baby would be taken away (all linked to the birth) so was absolutely terrified of admitting there was a problem.
I’m on sertraline at the moment and touchwood seem to be doing ok with it. Can now take my daughter for a walk without panicking about the 100 things that could go wrong at least.

• Heart

Yeah I will do, I’ve been like this for a year now, I was hopeful that being off medication would help as it made me sleep 13+ hours a day and I had no emotion, not to mention the weight gain it caused, I’m only 5ft 4 and I gained 3 and a half stone, I used to be a fitness fanatic and now I don’t wanna leave the house. I suffered a lot of trauma last year and it’s destroyed me, I’m so thankful for finding you guys, as sad as it sounds this is my social life!
Yous are always so lovely and supportive ❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.