Support Thread for the best strangers I've ever met!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 926656

A wee angel for you all ❤
She’s beautiful ❤

@Pollyanna263 I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow, I'm sorry you're suffering too. Mental illness is so hard. You've been so kind as always. Cheesy as this sounds, I wish you were my real life friend. I always feel happier talking to you lot.

Night Tattlers x
Same. I wish we knew who we all were! xx

Oh, Polly 💗
Birth trauma is a wee fucker isn’t it? I didn’t know it was a thing until I got it. Masked it. Masked the inevitable PND/PNA that followed which then turned into full blown depression and anxiety.
Still managed to mask that for a year before finally asking for help.
I was convinced that in asking for help my baby would be taken away (all linked to the birth) so was absolutely terrified of admitting there was a problem.
I’m on sertraline at the moment and touchwood seem to be doing ok with it. Can now take my daughter for a walk without panicking about the 100 things that could go wrong at least.
Bloody hell I could have written that.
It was his first birthday that was the start of my unravelling.

That’s brilliant ❤ that’s a big deal and you have made that happen

Yeah I will do, I’ve been like this for a year now, I was hopeful that being off medication would help as it made me sleep 13+ hours a day and I had no emotion, not to mention the weight gain it caused, I’m only 5ft 4 and I gained 3 and a half stone, I used to be a fitness fanatic and now I don’t wanna leave the house. I suffered a lot of trauma last year and it’s destroyed me, I’m so thankful for finding you guys, as sad as it sounds this is my social life!
Yous are always so lovely and supportive ❤
Trauma is evil. I’m having EMDR, it’s worth a try if you can access it. It’s supposed to work quite quickly and helps your brain re-program the memories ❤

I’m with you on the weight gain 😩

Ah if you’re sad I’m sad too, this little corner of the internet is keeping me company in the evenings once the kids are in bed.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She’s beautiful ❤

Same. I wish we knew who we all were! xx

Bloody hell I could have written that.
It was his first birthday that was the start of my unravelling.

That’s brilliant ❤ that’s a big deal and you have made that happen

Trauma is evil. I’m having EMDR, it’s worth a try if you can access it. It’s supposed to work quite quickly and helps your brain re-program the memories ❤

I’m with you on the weight gain 😩

Ah if you’re sad I’m sad too, this little corner of the internet is keeping me company in the evenings once the kids are in bed.
Well you are great company 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This is such a lovely idea..
Women supporting women..
It's a big thank you from me 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Morning everyone,

Spoken to a dr today. I'm having my antidepressant changed to Mirtazapine. Fingers crossed x

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Morning everyone,

Spoken to a dr today. I'm having my antidepressant changed to Mirtazapine. Fingers crossed x
Oh this is good news! Are you taking it at night?
I find about 30 mins after I take it I fall asleep. The dreams can be weird for a while as it settles but it has made a big difference to my sleep, and I’m able to wake if the boys need me in the night and not drowsy in the morning.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just catching up on here and my god you're all just absolutely gorgeous people.

I feel a bit cheeky getting involved when it comes to Mental health chat because I don't suffer with any mental health issues or depression, in any way really, but listening to you all is so interesting, knowledge wise. My sister works in a mental health hospital so I just know the basics from listening really , I'm around MH but just not me personally - my dad is very unwell with depression and anxiety since the death of my mum, he's very unwell, had a couple of suicide attempts and sectioned a few times, he's the most amazing man, but finally seems a little brighter these days.. My best friend of 20 years had severe depression which is getting alot better, I performed CPR on her after a suicide attempt, she's alive and just had her second child and the happiest she's been in a while.. And my father in law committed suicide 4 yr ago due to depression which led my husband down a dark path grieving wise but things are alot better these days since he had therapy, that brought alot of things out which helped alot of wounds heal actually, his mother is a full blown narcissist, duck me the stories I could tell, she tried to ruin my life, we've been together 12 years - that's alot of stories - but you lot who deal with your own head and battling your own thoughts everyday, are just incredible people and I have so much respect for you all. I don't know if that's patronising? I hope it's not and I hope it doesn't across that way.

I wish I could cuddle every single one of you though xxxxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just catching up on here and my god you're all just absolutely gorgeous people.

I feel a bit cheeky getting involved when it comes to Mental health chat because I don't suffer with any mental health issues or depression, in any way really, but listening to you all is so interesting, knowledge wise. My sister works in a mental health hospital so I just know the basics from listening really , I'm around MH but just not me personally - my dad is very unwell with depression and anxiety since the death of my mum, he's very unwell, had a couple of suicide attempts and sectioned a few times, he's the most amazing man, but finally seems a little brighter these days.. My best friend of 20 years had severe depression which is getting alot better, I performed CPR on her after a suicide attempt, she's alive and just had her second child and the happiest she's been in a while.. And my father in law committed suicide 4 yr ago due to depression which led my husband down a dark path grieving wise but things are alot better these days since he had therapy, that brought alot of things out which helped alot of wounds heal actually, his mother is a full blown narcissist, duck me the stories I could tell, she tried to ruin my life, we've been together 12 years - that's alot of stories - but you lot who deal with your own head and battling your own thoughts everyday, are just incredible people and I have so much respect for you all. I don't know if that's patronising? I hope it's not and I hope it doesn't across that way.

I wish I could cuddle every single one of you though xxxxxx
Not patronising at all.

You honestly seem like one of the most genuine people, so so caring but take no tit. You’re my kind of person!

You’ve had so much to cope with but you don’t ever say that it’s been a lot for you - you are just so considerate to those in your life who you’ve helped.
I can’t imagine having to do CPR on a friend. You’re amazing.
I really hope your dad continues to get brighter, and I’m so glad therapy has helped your husband. I’ve found it’s really helped me realise the tit I’ve dealt with over the years that I’ve just got on with, and it’s opened my eyes to stuff in my family and meant I’m able to protect myself, and my boys, from tit they don’t need to be exposed to by people who don’t actually care (narcissist central over here with my parents)

I’m glad you’re in this thread xx

Edit as I actually forgot what I was going to say 🤣 I find that with my own stuff, it’s only if I ever try and tell anyone about it and they react like ‘my god that’s a lot, how are you coping?’ that I think erm well actually I have no bleeping clue how I’m coping but what other option is there?

With friends, my 2 best friends for example, one is battling grief after and depression, and the other grief and undiagnosed ptsd (I’ve diagnosed her though from my own experience 🙈) and I look at them with such admiration for how they get up every day and do what they do. With my stuff it doesn’t feel that big, if that makes sense?

I think what I’m trying to say is, we all look at other people and think wow, I wish I was that strong, but actually we are and we don’t realise it ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Not patronising at all.

You honestly seem like one of the most genuine people, so so caring but take no tit. You’re my kind of person!

You’ve had so much to cope with but you don’t ever say that it’s been a lot for you - you are just so considerate to those in your life who you’ve helped.
I can’t imagine having to do CPR on a friend. You’re amazing.
I really hope your dad continues to get brighter, and I’m so glad therapy has helped your husband. I’ve found it’s really helped me realise the tit I’ve dealt with over the years that I’ve just got on with, and it’s opened my eyes to stuff in my family and meant I’m able to protect myself, and my boys, from tit they don’t need to be exposed to by people who don’t actually care (narcissist central over here with my parents)

I’m glad you’re in this thread xx

Edit as I actually forgot what I was going to say 🤣 I find that with my own stuff, it’s only if I ever try and tell anyone about it and they react like ‘my god that’s a lot, how are you coping?’ that I think erm well actually I have no bleeping clue how I’m coping but what other option is there?

With friends, my 2 best friends for example, one is battling grief after and depression, and the other grief and undiagnosed ptsd (I’ve diagnosed her though from my own experience 🙈) and I look at them with such admiration for how they get up every day and do what they do. With my stuff it doesn’t feel that big, if that makes sense?

I think what I’m trying to say is, we all look at other people and think wow, I wish I was that strong, but actually we are and we don’t realise it ❤
Awww you make me cry. You're just the sweetest person! I know you said before that you need to sort your own issues out first but I truly believe you'd be incredible as some sort of MH support worker. Wasn't it Bunny who said she helps out on suicide prevention lines or some sort of mental health call line? You'd be amazing at that too.

Oh it was traumatic - she had someone with her almost 247, but her partner popped out trusting her when she said she was feeling on a high, I got a text off her that felt off - I was off work and at the time she only lived literally round the corner THANKGOD, so I flew round and her door was unlocked - she admitted she left it unlocked in hopes I'd go as we're very in sync , it was a cry for help - she just wasn't getting the support off professionals which is so wrong and far too common I think.

You're amazing, I'm glad you're strong enough to cut people out your life. So many people are so scared to, my husbands brother and sister for example... They won't cut their mum out, even after everything she's said and done, I've never ever met any1 like her before but they're just manipulated by her , but my husband cut her off for his own wellbeing and our childrens.. So now he's the bleep, it's all wrong 💔

Awww I just adore you. Its why I asked you the other week if you have plenty of support because you're forever giving support to others. You need it too.
Your children are so lucky to have you. Xxxx

• Heart
Ok, duck it, Pollyanna and Danielle, I need you in my life 🤣❤ you're such lovely people.

It wasn't patronising at all btw, it was lovely what you said and sorry you've been through and seem some horrible things happen with people you care about.

I'm the as pollyanna in the sense that I feel like my problems are minuscule compared to what others go through but yeah, it's just a case of keep going for me because I'm never going to leave my kids behind. I'll never ruin their lives and I want to see them become adults with their own lives. X

• Heart
Ok, duck it, Pollyanna and Danielle, I need you in my life 🤣❤ you're such lovely people.

It wasn't patronising at all btw, it was lovely what you said and sorry you've been through and seem some horrible things happen with people you care about.

I'm the as pollyanna in the sense that I feel like my problems are minuscule compared to what others go through but yeah, it's just a case of keep going for me because I'm never going to leave my kids behind. I'll never ruin their lives and I want to see them become adults with their own lives. X
I knowwwww!!!! I'd love a tattle meet up. Imagine 😂

Your problems are just as important as everyone elses!! ❤

I love what you've just said about your children. They will be soooo proud of you xx

• Heart
Oh my god guys! I've just dipped in here while dinner is cooking and I can't even read and run!

Wow , @Danielle0120 you've had a lot to deal with. You say you don't suffer from mental health issues , but Hells bells you've definitely been impacted massively by mental health issues with all the traumatic times with friends and family members.

I can't even begin to imagine what it was like finding your friend , she must be so bloody glad you pair are so in tune ! ❤

@Pollyanna263 I think I'm a bit like you, any issues my mates have I really feel for them and wonder how they deal with it..or I'm great at giving them advice and making them take a step back and see how bleeping amazing they are and what they can do to help themselves,but when it's me suffering I just think I'm crying over nothing !!

I'm so glad I've discovered Tattle and you amazing folk, it's very easy to open up to you lot , maybe it's because you don't know me and I don't think you will judge , but I think it's more because you are all bloody amazing folk. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
How’s everyone today? This oul covid business is starting to make me anxious again, anyone else feeling the same? Stupid question I know!
Hope yous are all well, yous are an amazing wee bunch! ❤

• Heart
Just popping in to say hi. I read last night but haven’t had the presence of mind to reply properly yet.

Out of isolation today whoop but the fatigue is horrendous and I’m struggling to keep my eyes open. Littlest not back at childminder until Tuesday so I just need to keep going somehow!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just popping in to say hi. I read last night but haven’t had the presence of mind to reply properly yet.

Out of isolation today whoop but the fatigue is horrendous and I’m struggling to keep my eyes open. Littlest not back at childminder until Tuesday so I just need to keep going somehow!
Ah god the fatigue is horrendous, plenty of fluids and sleep as much as you can, your body will be recovering too, when I had covid I found it really accelerated my anxiety, it definitely goes for the weak spots! Maybe you could get a vitamin tonic to help you, take care Xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hey everyone,

Actually having an ok day mentally, despite it being a generally tit day.

Surprisingly the covid thing isn't worrying me atm. I feel more angry at the government but that's another story. The only thing that worries me about it is if after xmas schools close because my youngest son gets into a bad place mentally in lockdowns bless him

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.