Support for anyone that needs to vent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for your post. I appreciate it :)

I'm turning 31 next month. As far as I know, I'm not perimenopausal. My period is very much on point in terms of regularity and has always been, no pain, no hot flashes or sleep problems, no mood swings or any sort of behavioral/body change.

I think it is neurological since I'm not experiencing any other physical symptoms. The issue with the visual disturbance is that I didn't have a migraine before nor after and my body started shaking on its own. My left arm was shaking on its own, even when I tried to stop it, it wouldn't. I'm used to having migraines that could last up to three days and I'm pretty sure I didn't experience any migraine before or after. Ever since, my memory has been acting out.
You can have migraines without a headache. There are two types that can produce the symptoms you describe (including the memory issues), they are Basilar and Hemiplegic. These can occur in addition to an existing 'bog standard' migraine condition. There are a few websites/forum discussions about them out there so it could be worth having a look and seeing if any of the symptoms ring true for you.

Reactions: 2
Definitely shouting into the void here but social media and having young (or any!) kids is just too much around this kind of year. The Halloween/fireworks night/Christmas hysteria makes the pressure of pleasing your kids almost too much to bare to the point where you end up just miserable even though your kids would literally be happy with anything especially when they’re younger. Really struggling this year especially with still recovering financially from furlough (as many people are!), and we’ve got a new (very planned) baby on the way and in my stupidity and probably naivety I thought everything would be ok with all of it by this point but the reality is much different. Our savings pot is non existent due to lots of unexpected payouts recently which is just so tit. Think I’m going to have to just delete instagram for the next few months, my mental health is taking a very big nose dive. I so want to be excited by all of it and our lovely new baby on the way but I just feel so bleeping stressed and almost envious of people who can drop money on tit whenever they like and on whatever they like. Vent over.
Not sure if this will help but, in the past we have done diy Halloween stuff with my nieces and nephew. They loved it more than when we paid a bloody fortune at a pumpkin patch. The one they loved the most was using old mason jars (we used coffee jars) and wrapping masking tape around the jar then putting little eyes on them (they are less than a pound in the pound shop). You then put a tea light in them and the kids love them. There’s quite a few ideas on Pinterest which cost next to nothing. I personally think Instagram is excessive during the holiday seasons. Kids don’t care about possessions, they want memories, attention and love ❤ Don’t believe the bullshit on Instagram. I know people dress their kids in head to toe designer gear, buy toys galore yet are up to their eyeballs in debt. It’s all a sham!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I feel bad even moaning about him because he's so good for me in so many ways, but my partner absolutely infuriates me at times. He can be so lazy and although he says he doesn't expect me to clear up after him, I'm a really tidy person so I hate living in mess. It's just silly things like if he eats a bag of crisps or has a can of drink, the wrappers will stay where he consumed them until I take them to the bin. Dirty washing chucked on the floor. Really silly trivial things but no matter how much I mention it, it never changes. I work full time and I'm doing a degree outside of work so help round the house wouldn't go amiss. I mentioned it to his Mum but she's still wipe his arse for him if she could so she was all "well what do you expect? You knew I did everything for him when he was at home so he's never had to learn".

It's just stressing me out feeling like I have the whole weight of work, study and running the house all to myself. Even if he just once offered to do the food shop it would help.
I so want to reach out to you, I've been in a similar position to you and felt the same way. I'm the sort of person who refills the kettle last thing at night, so others don't have to waste any time when they need to fill their coffee mugs for work. I like to make sure everything is ready for everyone. :)

When it comes to me, however, :confused: nobody ever considered what they could do for me, to make my day smoother, easier, calmer. I found myself getting snappy, tearful, resentful. Eventually I totally lost my :poop::eek: and told every single one of them how selfish, greedy, self serving and um, rude I found them to be :oops:

While it felt good for about, like, 5 mins, (then I felt awkward and that I had been rude) it left me wanting to change things but not knowing how. During one of my counselling sessions, I mentioned this situation and the Counsellor wanted to know why I "enabled" the others to treat me like this, I honestly felt a little cross at this suggestion, but, she was correct after a discussion.

I realised that when there was tea to be made, I was the first one to the kettle. When there was a loo roll to change, I would change it. The postie knocked, I'd go and collect the parcel or mail, then take it to them........ Frankly, I was being a mug to myself :confused:;):LOL:

So I asked how to fix/change this. She told me to simply.......... (yes get this life changing thing....) ask them :oops:

The oddest thing? It does in fact work. Sat the next day, I found myself feeling nervous, but excited, I'd love a cuppa, I said, 3 hopeful faces looked up and as I caught eye contact, I said oh would you mind? lovely, thanks so much and you know what happened? They actually made me tea :cool::coffee:

Fearing this was a fluke, but also enjoying my new superpowers :cool:🦸‍♂️🦸‍♀️ I decided to keep flexing my new found skills. I asked for someone to take out the bin bags - they were done. I asked for someone to pop the washing in the machine and it also happened.

Once that began, they were off and doing things without being asked - however, every now and again, I do have to ask for something, give them a wee nudge, a mere hint, point something out and it gets done (and not by me) :cool:;)

So please try this out for yourself. 🤗

• Heart
I so want to reach out to you, I've been in a similar position to you and felt the same way. I'm the sort of person who refills the kettle last thing at night, so others don't have to waste any time when they need to fill their coffee mugs for work. I like to make sure everything is ready for everyone. :)

When it comes to me, however, :confused: nobody ever considered what they could do for me, to make my day smoother, easier, calmer. I found myself getting snappy, tearful, resentful. Eventually I totally lost my :poop::eek: and told every single one of them how selfish, greedy, self serving and um, rude I found them to be :oops:

While it felt good for about, like, 5 mins, (then I felt awkward and that I had been rude) it left me wanting to change things but not knowing how. During one of my counselling sessions, I mentioned this situation and the Counsellor wanted to know why I "enabled" the others to treat me like this, I honestly felt a little cross at this suggestion, but, she was correct after a discussion.

I realised that when there was tea to be made, I was the first one to the kettle. When there was a loo roll to change, I would change it. The postie knocked, I'd go and collect the parcel or mail, then take it to them........ Frankly, I was being a mug to myself :confused:;):LOL:

So I asked how to fix/change this. She told me to simply.......... (yes get this life changing thing....) ask them :oops:

The oddest thing? It does in fact work. Sat the next day, I found myself feeling nervous, but excited, I'd love a cuppa, I said, 3 hopeful faces looked up and as I caught eye contact, I said oh would you mind? lovely, thanks so much and you know what happened? They actually made me tea :cool::coffee:

Fearing this was a fluke, but also enjoying my new superpowers :cool:🦸‍♂️🦸‍♀️ I decided to keep flexing my new found skills. I asked for someone to take out the bin bags - they were done. I asked for someone to pop the washing in the machine and it also happened.

Once that began, they were off and doing things without being asked - however, every now and again, I do have to ask for something, give them a wee nudge, a mere hint, point something out and it gets done (and not by me) :cool:;)

So please try this out for yourself. 🤗
Oh god it sounds like you've literally just described me in a nutshell! It sounds like out situations are exactly the same!

Thank you for replying to me, I'll definitely start speaking up more about it xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Got invited to a wedding reception which is later tonight. Thought great, I find wedding ceremonies boring anyway so wasn’t really bothered about not being invited to that part and was looking forward to the evening thing.

Now the day is here and I’m having fomo because pics are starting to appear on social media and my brain is like “WHY DIDNT THEY WANT YOU AT THE CEREMONY???” “LOOK, THEYRE DOING SPEECHES NOW WHY DIDNT THEY WANT YOU THERE FOR THAT?? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU???” “YOU’RE PROBABLY THE ONLY ONE INVITED TO JUST THE EVENING THING BECAUSE YOU SUCK”. And I hate it. Literally before this day I genuinely wasn’t bothered, just happy to be invited. My friend had already had to cut numbers down and stuff and it must have been a tough job so I wasn’t about to complain or act like a witch because it’s been a right pain in the arse for her anyway. Now I’m just a ball of anxiety dreading the whole thing and feeling like I’m probably not wanted there anyway which is obviously stupid as I wouldn’t have been invited if I wasn’t welcome?? I think the fact that I’ve had all day to think about this and get stuck in my own head really hasn’t helped.

I’m going to go anyway because I know it won’t be as bad as that and not going would make it all worse as well as being incredibly rude of me, but omg I hate having this battle with my brain every time I do pretty much anything. Before I got full blown social anxiety I used to actually look forward to social things, now I dread them.

Update: had panic attack in shower. now going to have a stiff drink whilst I get ready because I don’t think I can show up sober without crumbling.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Got invited to a wedding reception which is later tonight. Thought great, I find wedding ceremonies boring anyway so wasn’t really bothered about not being invited to that part and was looking forward to the evening thing.

Now the day is here and I’m having fomo because pics are starting to appear on social media and my brain is like “WHY DIDNT THEY WANT YOU AT THE CEREMONY???” “LOOK, THEYRE DOING SPEECHES NOW WHY DIDNT THEY WANT YOU THERE FOR THAT?? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU???” “YOU’RE PROBABLY THE ONLY ONE INVITED TO JUST THE EVENING THING BECAUSE YOU SUCK”. And I hate it. Literally before this day I genuinely wasn’t bothered, just happy to be invited. My friend had already had to cut numbers down and stuff and it must have been a tough job so I wasn’t about to complain or act like a witch because it’s been a right pain in the arse for her anyway. Now I’m just a ball of anxiety dreading the whole thing and feeling like I’m probably not wanted there anyway which is obviously stupid as I wouldn’t have been invited if I wasn’t welcome?? I think the fact that I’ve had all day to think about this and get stuck in my own head really hasn’t helped.

I’m going to go anyway because I know it won’t be as bad as that and not going would make it all worse as well as being incredibly rude of me, but omg I hate having this battle with my brain every time I do pretty much anything. Before I got full blown social anxiety I used to actually look forward to social things, now I dread them.

Update: had panic attack in shower. now going to have a stiff drink whilst I get ready because I don’t think I can show up sober without crumbling.
Hugs for you, when I got married, (and we haven't got hours to tell you all of it :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes: ) but lets just say everything that could go wrong did, so we had to cut everything right down to thin air.

I had to not invite my closest work friends, as we could only afford a few meals, couldn't do anything we wanted. So in the end, I told all my sit down meal family guests, we would be having a cheapo finger food buffet (several declared they couldn't possibly lower their standards.... good good, off you trott ;):LOL::ROFLMAO: ) and this left us with a wee bit of money to pay a DJ for an evening event.

We asked everyone to bring a plate of nosh and a few drinks and they all had fun, so did we. It wasn't personal that some didn't get to come to the first part, we just couldn't afford to have them for all day.

So I hope it might help you to know things like that happen and I wish you the best evening tonight :)

• Heart

You know how irrational those thoughts are right?

Reactions: 2
Uni feels awfully lonely at the moment and I feel very uncertain about everything

I think I vented here before about the people I'm living with? The good news is that the majority of them seem okay, or I don't see them enough to have a major issue with them. I get on surprisingly well with someone I though I was going to have a problem with too. A few people are messy and the communal spaces feel really filthy but that's expected for student housing

Anyway, first year was riddled with COVID so I hardly met anyone, and while my housemates were all lovely they're not people I 'vibe' with on a night out. The one person I live with with whom I sort of vibed a bit has a close friendship with someone else, and while they do invite me to things I feel like a massive third wheel and it's very uncomfortable. At this point, it feels like the whole friendship between me and her is based on me being a bit of a filler/convenience which really sucks. I'm thinking these are just irrational thoughts but... I'm not too sure

I haven't been to any lectures yet because I've been ill so really not feeling up to it, but also it just doesn't feel right to be attending lectures of 100+ people while ill given the pandemic either. Most people are just assuming it's freshers flu and not even bothering to get tested :rolleyes:... it's just really not that hard? Anyway, hopefully I meet some people in the coming weeks. Plus, societies are slowly starting up too and I will try to make a bit of an effort with those

• Heart
Reactions: 5
You know how irrational those thoughts are right?
If you suffer from anxiety and panic attacks you can’t control those thoughts, yes probably irrational to someone who doesn’t suffer with anxiety/social anxiety but unfortunately if you do suffer from it you can’t think ‘oh I’m being so irrational’ and switch them off.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I work in fashion retail part time as I want to get into the fashion industry. Earlier this week my boss and the assistant manager had my one month review, and I got really up set(started crying) as these two women ganging up on me basically saying I'm not doing good enough?!

I'm more than qualified to work in a shop (I day trade so I'm not desperate for the money I took the job to get may feet wet) any way my boss has been on holiday for 2 weeks so I can't even believe she had the audacity to say 'oh I'm not enthusiastic enough in my job? like wtf she hasn't been there and the customer love me I'm a bit more mature than the average person there being 30 and always get complimented on my style. Oh and I dont ask for help (I do know my stuff a fir bit in fashion as I love it already)
I was late because of the tube and a passenger getting sick and they basically told me to apologies even though it was out of my control. people there treat you like a child, and they are all power hungry underpaid people stuck in the system.

I think I am going to quit. I was meant to be in today but I called in sick. I don't want to go to a place that give me more grief than I need in my life. Or be bullied by these two women its not fair.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Uni feels awfully lonely at the moment and I feel very uncertain about everything

I think I vented here before about the people I'm living with? The good news is that the majority of them seem okay, or I don't see them enough to have a major issue with them. I get on surprisingly well with someone I though I was going to have a problem with too. A few people are messy and the communal spaces feel really filthy but that's expected for student housing

Anyway, first year was riddled with COVID so I hardly met anyone, and while my housemates were all lovely they're not people I 'vibe' with on a night out. The one person I live with with whom I sort of vibed a bit has a close friendship with someone else, and while they do invite me to things I feel like a massive third wheel and it's very uncomfortable. At this point, it feels like the whole friendship between me and her is based on me being a bit of a filler/convenience which really sucks. I'm thinking these are just irrational thoughts but... I'm not too sure

I haven't been to any lectures yet because I've been ill so really not feeling up to it, but also it just doesn't feel right to be attending lectures of 100+ people while ill given the pandemic either. Most people are just assuming it's freshers flu and not even bothering to get tested :rolleyes:... it's just really not that hard? Anyway, hopefully I meet some people in the coming weeks. Plus, societies are slowly starting up too and I will try to make a bit of an effort with those
Please please please go easy on yourself! Uni can be so so lonely but they sell you this dream that you're going to make amazing friends and be out all the time and have the best time when reality that vision is for the minority not the majority. You probably will have some convenience friendships but eventually things will likely fall into place. Most people who they start out friends at the beginning of the year don't end the year with the same friends cause all you have in common is partying a lot of the time. Give it time and don't put so much pressure on it

• Heart
My toddler will not stop screaming and screeching . I feel like such a failure that she’s so angry with the world

• Heart
Reactions: 3

I would say join some societies (not sure if they are still common in uni?)

Great way to meet people with common interests.

It gets easier!

My toddler will not stop screaming and screeching . I feel like such a failure that she’s so angry with the world
There's an expression/old saying.... and this too shall pass. When it comes to little ones, every single one is different and unique. As they change from babies who rely on parents totally, they become little characters, curious of the big world around them. As they try to engage, make sense, join in, they get tired, anxious, confused, frustrated.....:( it is very draining, it makes you feel sad and a lot of parents don't get any real sleep or rest, so being tired makes it all seem so much harder.

You aren't a failure, it's a natural terrible two's (and um, should I mention I have 2 in their 20's and we still get the odd tantrum even now :rolleyes:;):ROFLMAO: ) if your little one is fed, watered, clothed and loved, you're doing just fine there :) and frankly, if you are doing even half of that for yourself, mate you are a legend ;):giggle: who is doing really well.

Take each day as it comes, it will get easier, you've got this more than you realise 🤗

• Heart
Wow! Your brilliant one line sentence has cured her anxiety 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
why did she never think of that 🤦🏼‍♀️
Still can’t believe the audacity of that poster to say something like that on a support thread. So unhelpful🙄

Anyway, I went and had a lovely time. Of course I knew it would all be fine, but as has already been pointed out when you have anxiety you can’t just turn those thoughts off, no matter how irrational they are. All you can do is push through and not let the anxiety win.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Still can’t believe the audacity of that poster to say something like that on a support thread. So unhelpful🙄
the same poster was getting a lot of stick on the dating thread a few weeks back for constantly calling her depressed boyfriend a ‘misery arse’ and saying she was going to message other men instead because she couldn’t deal with his ‘moods’. Mabye a certain someone should educate themselves on mental health before leaving such comments.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9

Anyway, I went and had a lovely time. Of course I knew it would all be fine, but as has already been pointed out when you have anxiety you can’t just turn those thoughts off, no matter how irrational they are. All you can do is push through and not let the anxiety win.
Glad you had a good time, unfortunately if folks don't understand they really should keep flippant remarks like that out of a support thread.

I work in fashion retail part time as I want to get into the fashion industry. Earlier this week my boss and the assistant manager had my one month review, and I got really up set(started crying) as these two women ganging up on me basically saying I'm not doing good enough?!

I'm more than qualified to work in a shop (I day trade so I'm not desperate for the money I took the job to get may feet wet) any way my boss has been on holiday for 2 weeks so I can't even believe she had the audacity to say 'oh I'm not enthusiastic enough in my job? like wtf she hasn't been there and the customer love me I'm a bit more mature than the average person there being 30 and always get complimented on my style. Oh and I dont ask for help (I do know my stuff a fir bit in fashion as I love it already)
I was late because of the tube and a passenger getting sick and they basically told me to apologies even though it was out of my control. people there treat you like a child, and they are all power hungry underpaid people stuck in the system.

I think I am going to quit. I was meant to be in today but I called in sick. I don't want to go to a place that give me more grief than I need in my life. Or be bullied by these two women its not fair.
Your attitude is pretty appalling. Sorry but you just sound completely full of yourself! If you were late for work you SHOULD apologise, not give a raft of excuses as to why. You work in a clothes shop, it’s not exactly like working for the house of Versace! Your job is to do what your manager tells you. If you think you are too good for that, then find another job.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.