Support for anyone that needs to vent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yeah, @cherryfcuk, if you didn’t learn to lick the boot bearing down on your neck and thank them for the privilege, you’re doing it all wrong!

Edit to say that if someone disagrees with my vent or post on this thread, feel free to judge me in silence!! I don’t come to this thread looking for an argument. If something I say makes you feel argumentative by all means block me - I won’t be offended!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I hate my job.

I'm very grateful to have a job, but I absolutely dislike everything about it:
  • The people are the driest people I have ever encountered in my entire life. They don't have the slightest notion and think they're always right, yet 95% of the time, their work is flawed with mistakes that anyone can spot but them. Every single thing I stumble upon is riddled with mistakes.
  • The processes are so rigid yet absolutely riddled with gaps that if something goes wrong because of a gap, you're blamed for it. When I say something goes wrong, I mean something that does not impact clients at all. It's rubbish procedures such as you didn't upload a document in the correct format in the system; or instead of saying "Yes" on the Excel that goes nowhere, you said "OK" instead; or instead of following a workaround due to a system issue, you inputted the information in the correct field and it didn't feed into the other system but you get blamed for making a mistake when it's a system issue.
  • The amount of work vs the deadlines is unrealistic, thus leading to work being done in a rush rather than properly and in case of issue, you're blamed yet again.
  • People expect you to be at their beck and call from 9am to 10pm and even ask you to log in on weekends because another person didn't get to finish their work on time before the weekend.
  • People never saying "thank you" for anything or even taking the time to understand an issue when you raise it.
  • Management waits until your drowning under projects to ask you if you could volunteer for an ad-hoc one when there's tons of other people who are available to assist on said project because they literally have zero projects at the moment.
  • The quarterly report cards where you're individually rated by internal audit on your performance and adherence to processes. Being rated from satisfactory to unsatisfactory on a quarterly basis for everyone to see you name and rating right there in a group-wide report. It renders you completely paranoid about your job stability, performance and day to day operating because you keep questioning the accuracy of everything you do.
  • No having a mentor I can speak to and get advice from because no one cares about mentoring and I wouldn't want to be mentored by most of these people, except for maybe a person or two.
I really feel as though this is Big Brother-corporation style. I feel stifled and made to conform to the point where everything has to fit a specific format. I don't know how to be myself anymore. I'm tired and deflated.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I hate my job.

I'm very grateful to have a job, but I absolutely dislike everything about it:
  • The people are the driest people I have ever encountered in my entire life. They don't have the slightest notion and think they're always right, yet 95% of the time, their work is flawed with mistakes that anyone can spot but them. Every single thing I stumble upon is riddled with mistakes.
  • The processes are so rigid yet absolutely riddled with gaps that if something goes wrong because of a gap, you're blamed for it. When I say something goes wrong, I mean something that does not impact clients at all. It's rubbish procedures such as you didn't upload a document in the correct format in the system; or instead of saying "Yes" on the Excel that goes nowhere, you said "OK" instead; or instead of following a workaround due to a system issue, you inputted the information in the correct field and it didn't feed into the other system but you get blamed for making a mistake when it's a system issue.
  • The amount of work vs the deadlines is unrealistic, thus leading to work being done in a rush rather than properly and in case of issue, you're blamed yet again.
  • People expect you to be at their beck and call from 9am to 10pm and even ask you to log in on weekends because another person didn't get to finish their work on time before the weekend.
  • People never saying "thank you" for anything or even taking the time to understand an issue when you raise it.
  • Management waits until your drowning under projects to ask you if you could volunteer for an ad-hoc one when there's tons of other people who are available to assist on said project because they literally have zero projects at the moment.
  • The quarterly report cards where you're individually rated by internal audit on your performance and adherence to processes. Being rated from satisfactory to unsatisfactory on a quarterly basis for everyone to see you name and rating right there in a group-wide report. It renders you completely paranoid about your job stability, performance and day to day operating because you keep questioning the accuracy of everything you do.
  • No having a mentor I can speak to and get advice from because no one cares about mentoring and I wouldn't want to be mentored by most of these people, except for maybe a person or two.
I really feel as though this is Big Brother-corporation style. I feel stifled and made to conform to the point where everything has to fit a specific format. I don't know how to be myself anymore. I'm tired and deflated.
So look for another job…?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Thanks for stating the natural course of action, but it's not as easy as it sounds + I still have to be in this job while finding another one.
Yeah of course but if you look for something now and focus more on getting out & going somewhere else it will at least make it slightly more bearable, knowing that you are putting things in place to leave.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Applied for a JUNIOR level job - they have now made me do 3 interviews and separate assessments, made me wait a month inbetween the second and third interview. The entire process has taken around 4 months and I still don't know if I have the job yet. Its just weighing on my mind constantly and more because this is what I want to be doing and I'm currently in a role that makes me not want to get up in the morning. Just wish they would hurry up and make a decision because its breaking me.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Applied for a JUNIOR level job - they have now made me do 3 interviews and separate assessments, made me wait a month inbetween the second and third interview. The entire process has taken around 4 months and I still don't know if I have the job yet. Its just weighing on my mind constantly and more because this is what I want to be doing and I'm currently in a role that makes me not want to get up in the morning. Just wish they would hurry up and make a decision because its breaking me.
I hate this sort of nonsense. It's not The Apprentice just bleeping pick a candidate already! Especially as you're not going to be the MD or CEO.

Reactions: 4
I've noticed a few people on here and other threads, who are really struggling, feeling deflated/broken and sad in their current position at work.

When you are in that place, you can't relax, you can't switch off and you defo don't really live. All you live and breath is dreading the following day back in there once again.

So it can be really hard to find the energy or time to even consider applying elsewhere. You start to wonder will it be different there? Is this how it's always going to be? and you can actually talk yourself out of it. Mix that with work colleagues telling you most days (and helping you to feel most days) that you aren't worth much and you are useless and you have the perfect storm to take away not only your self confidence, but your self belief.

When others then say the simple enough sentence "apply for a new job", it's not so much stating the obvious, it's actually like an inner voice talking to you from outside. You know in your heart that you must move on, but having been so battered mentally by those around you, on a daily basis, you can lose the ability, will power and just belief that you are a commodity worth having elsewhere.

What is one person's trash, is another person's treasure and I can tell you as an older person, who suffered and endured crappy jobs and teams around me, that every day you sit and tolerate that barrage of abuse, it chips away at you, your heart and your soul.

Once you make steps to rescue and remove yourself from that horrible situation, you will feel a little calmer, happier and easier on yourself. Right now, many companies are desperate for new staff.

Find some Recruitment Agencies who cover your field of work (like legal, project managers, etc) and get your CV up to date, focus on your positives, things you know you do really well and make them your keywords that stand out.

Send it to all the Agencies (not just one) and let them know, you already have a job, but would like to "further your career" "expand your horizons and knowledge base" "have room to grow and achieve" - slap a few quid extra on your current salary (oh gowan then, another £10K per annum) and see what comes offered back to you.

Every interview gives you confidence, let's you practice, so don't view any as a waste of time. Oddly, you may even find a cracking unexpected job offer lands right in your lap.

I know from what you've posted @TheGlossy that you work long hours (so you are dedicated) you are concerned about the product (so you care) and that you give your all, even though you aren't receiving as much back. That makes you a desirable commodity in the work industry.

Find your niche, find your place, it's not where you are, this is temporary and soon you'll be somewhere you need to be and will feel more settled.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
hello, it's my first time posting here and I've been considering it for a few days but with the job stuff coming up it feels like the right time.
I just quit my job today. Got a new one earlier this week. Neither of them are ideal forever jobs, you know, but I was basically forced out of my last one by the new temporary manager being a gigantic c-word and bullshitting everyone. I love the people I worked with and I've had a little cry about it already today because I'm going to miss my colleagues and I'm scared I won't stay in touch with them. Was completely being taken advantage of though and being given ridiculous shifts (as in, three hours in one week level stupid, as if I can live off of that as my only source of income). i have a lot more I could say/rant about but I'm so overwhelmed and I've had such a long week that even though I know I've done the right thing by leaving, I'm still a bit devastated because I really didn't want to at this point.

• Heart
hello, it's my first time posting here and I've been considering it for a few days but with the job stuff coming up it feels like the right time.
I just quit my job today. Got a new one earlier this week. Neither of them are ideal forever jobs, you know, but I was basically forced out of my last one by the new temporary manager being a gigantic c-word and bullshitting everyone. I love the people I worked with and I've had a little cry about it already today because I'm going to miss my colleagues and I'm scared I won't stay in touch with them. Was completely being taken advantage of though and being given ridiculous shifts (as in, three hours in one week level stupid, as if I can live off of that as my only source of income). i have a lot more I could say/rant about but I'm so overwhelmed and I've had such a long week that even though I know I've done the right thing by leaving, I'm still a bit devastated because I really didn't want to at this point.
Just want to say congratulations on your new job, I wish you every success and happiness there.

It is really hard to leave some wonderful folk behind when you change jobs. Sometimes you get lucky twice and meet some great ones at your new place too :giggle:

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I just feel really down lately. Like I keep getting overwhelming feelings of sadness and I don’t know why, like I’ll be fine and then next min it completely takes over me and I feel sad and sick. I have had a lot go on over this past year and things in my relationship are not great so it could be that but when I feel down it feels like it takes over my whole body. Does anybody know what I mean 😅

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
So I hate arranging stuff especially for my birthday because I really don’t like people feeling obligated to come BUT what’s pissed me off so much is I decided maybe this year I’d sort something for a few of us - organised getting tickets, gave everyone plenty of warning and nudges about it. Now 1 week before the event one of my (what I considered closest) friends has “realised” they already had something else booked that night. So because I’m a bit of a psychopath I checked out the event on Facebook and can see tickets for it only went on sale last week! So there’s absolutely no way she had these tickets before she agreed to come to my thing. Do I say anything? I hate to get snarky with people but I feel like this is a proper dick move considering the event was for my birthday and she’d already agreed to come? I’m justified being angry aren’t I? This is why I never bleeping bother people are so predictable

• Sad
Reactions: 8
So I hate arranging stuff especially for my birthday because I really don’t like people feeling obligated to come BUT what’s pissed me off so much is I decided maybe this year I’d sort something for a few of us - organised getting tickets, gave everyone plenty of warning and nudges about it. Now 1 week before the event one of my (what I considered closest) friends has “realised” they already had something else booked that night. So because I’m a bit of a psychopath I checked out the event on Facebook and can see tickets for it only went on sale last week! So there’s absolutely no way she had these tickets before she agreed to come to my thing. Do I say anything? I hate to get snarky with people but I feel like this is a proper dick move considering the event was for my birthday and she’d already agreed to come? I’m justified being angry aren’t I? This is why I never bleeping bother people are so predictable
If it was me and one of my closest friends I would probably say something, although be prepared for her to be defensive and ask why you went looking for the details of the event and try and turn it back on you etc.

Is there a chance that this event she is going to has been advertised for a while and the tickets have only just been released?

Reactions: 1
You don’t need someone else to justify your feelings, if you’re angry you are angry ☹ And well within your rights. I personally wouldn’t say anything if I found out where her priorities lie because if she did come it would be out of guilt. I’d just try and have a good time without her.

Reactions: 2
I would be pissed off too but you know what I probs wouldn’t say anything and just let her get on with it and know for the future that she’s a bit of a head.

I'm absolutely drained by my mental health taking a dive every couple of weeks. All I want is peace, quiet, alone time, not have to talk to anyone. If I don't reply to some people instantly they start bombarding me with texts and calls. I'm starting to get worried my antidepressants aren't working as well as they have been

• Heart
If it was me and one of my closest friends I would probably say something, although be prepared for her to be defensive and ask why you went looking for the details of the event and try and turn it back on you etc.

Is there a chance that this event she is going to has been advertised for a while and the tickets have only just been released?
A friend did something similar for my 21st. Decided she didn’t want to go as she was going out a uni event night out instead - despite my meal being booked way after.

A real friend doesn’t do that.

If it’s something you can forgive and the friendship is worth it then move on but don’t be quick to make effort in return. If it’s going to eat away at you then say something. If it’s an event you would feasibly have gone to then say you looked to see if it was on more than one night and saw they only went on sale last week.

• Sad
Reactions: 3

I’m not sure about how long it’s been advertised for but she still went ahead and booked tickets knowing full well she had agreed to plans with me on the same date. I’m going to leave it for a few days to cool off then may say something, I don’t want to bite her head off but I want to make her realise she has hurt me.

I'm absolutely drained by my mental health taking a dive every couple of weeks. All I want is peace, quiet, alone time, not have to talk to anyone. If I don't reply to some people instantly they start bombarding me with texts and calls. I'm starting to get worried my antidepressants aren't working as well as they have been
I turned my phone’s do not disturb function on while I wanted to watch something in peace and loved it so much I didn’t switch it off. At first I felt guilty but quickly noticed an uptick in my mood. It’s here to stay 💜

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.