Support for anyone that needs to vent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same!! I feel like everything I’m saying is coming out immensely bitchy. I checked my horoscope bc I’m at the end of my rope here. It just went on about career matters 😭 I am dying for this mood to lift.
Aww its so annoying isnt it! I had a nap and it made me feel a tiny bit better (I sound like a toddler :ROFLMAO: ) still feel grumpy though so going to order a take away and have a bath and hope for a better day tomorrow ☀

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Aww its so annoying isnt it! I had a nap and it made me feel a tiny bit better (I sound like a toddler :ROFLMAO: ) still feel grumpy though so going to order a take away and have a bath and hope for a better day tomorrow ☀
I keep telling myself this is temporary. I wish I could put a sign on my forehead to warn people until it goes away 😂

I think something is wrong with me. I was looking for my salt, only to realize I had put it in the fridge at lunch break. I've never done this before.

Suddenly, I'm losing my short-term memory for instance, I forget passwords to systems I use on a daily basis and I input multiple times a da, something I normally do at work on the regular, I suddenly forget the steps, things that are normally on my shelves and I see everyday I'm suddenly wondering how they arrived there because I never put them there (only to realize I did).

I'm losing my mind!

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I think something is wrong with me. I was looking for my salt, only to realize I had put it in the fridge at lunch break. I've never done this before.

Suddenly, I'm losing my short-term memory for instance, I forget passwords to systems I use on a daily basis and I input multiple times a da, something I normally do at work on the regular, I suddenly forget the steps, things that are normally on my shelves and I see everyday I'm suddenly wondering how they arrived there because I never put them there (only to realize I did).

I'm losing my mind!
Out of interest, have you tested positive for COVID at all in the past 18 months? I had exactly the same alongside prolonged lack of smell and taste and my doctors have said it’s long covid. The brain fog is absolutely unreal and so demoralising.

Out of interest, have you tested positive for COVID at all in the past 18 months? I had exactly the same alongside prolonged lack of smell and taste and my doctors have said it’s long covid. The brain fog is absolutely unreal and so demoralising.
I hope you get better ❤ I'm sorry to hear about your long-lasting side-effects.

No, no COVID at all. I haven't even had as much of a cold since 2018. It's not really a brain fog because I can concentrate perfectly fine. However, my short-term memory is suddenly playing tricks on me.

I'm a bit worried this is related to an incident I had in May where I suddenly got white flashes in my left eye then it took over the rest of my vision for a few seconds and I started shaking uncontrollably (my vision was just white blurry flashes for a few seconds) I went to the emergency at the time and waited, but I left after waiting for 12 hours. I haven't had the chance to see a neurologist since.

Last edited:
Hey everyone. My vent is my husband and I have been together 10 years. Just had an anniversary not so long ago. One thing I feel like I have never had to worry about is our relationship/marriage. We have always been so open with eachother. No matter what sh*t happened in my life my marriage was always safe when everything else was spiraling. We would have our little arguments but nothing major atleast not in the last 5 or so years. Since having our baby couple years ago both of us have been struggling mentally and I had postpartum depression. This past summer I found pictures a half naked woman sent him on IG and he he replied “beautiful”. I confronted him and said I feel hurt as I give him everything, I’m his wife. He can tell me if he is feeling some type of way, if I haven’t been loving enough and give him more affection. He said this girl was a childhood friend and he didn’t know how to turn her down without her feeling guilty like she would feel like a hoe… fast forward to this week I find messages from her on fb whilst I was on his phone sending myself pics of our daughter to my messenger. We never mind eachother going on each others phones if need be.
I noticed He muted her convo which was odd. She had called him multiple times but he didn’t answer. And I scrolled up to see she had been contacting him since May. She said she loved him but he didn’t reply to that. (I’m guessing that’s when she sent pics after on IG after)

Now since I confronted him in the summer he has been really trying so hard to improve on himself and we have been really good. But I can’t help now push these feelings aside. I feel hurt all over again as he didn’t tell me everything. He may not have flirted or cheated physically. But we were always so open with eachother. He has kept asking since yesterday how am I. And why I’m so quiet as usually I’m so chatty. He cooked me dinner and is being so nice. Giving me random hugs and I wish I could stop feeling so sh*t because I love him so much as he really has such a kind heart and always putting me and our child first and couldn’t even imagine life without him. I just think his too nice to people and doesn’t know how to say f*ck off.

should I speak to him and dig up the past again or just bury it as his been so sweet lately? I really can’t be bothered with an argument but same time I don’t want to be touched and he senses something is up. I wish I never opened to messages now but I don’t want to be naive. If he ever did cheat I would definitely leave.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Hey everyone. My vent is my husband and I have been together 10 years. Just had an anniversary not so long ago. One thing I feel like I have never had to worry about is our relationship/marriage. We have always been so open with eachother. No matter what sh*t happened in my life my marriage was always safe when everything else was spiraling. We would have our little arguments but nothing major atleast not in the last 5 or so years. Since having our baby couple years ago both of us have been struggling mentally and I had postpartum depression. This past summer I found pictures a half naked woman sent him on IG and he he replied “beautiful”. I confronted him and said I feel hurt as I give him everything, I’m his wife. He can tell me if he is feeling some type of way, if I haven’t been loving enough and give him more affection. He said this girl was a childhood friend and he didn’t know how to turn her down without her feeling guilty like she would feel like a hoe… fast forward to this week I find messages from her on fb whilst I was on his phone sending myself pics of our daughter to my messenger. We never mind eachother going on each others phones if need be.
I noticed He muted her convo which was odd. She had called him multiple times but he didn’t answer. And I scrolled up to see she had been contacting him since May. She said she loved him but he didn’t reply to that. (I’m guessing that’s when she sent pics after on IG after)

Now since I confronted him in the summer he has been really trying so hard to improve on himself and we have been really good. But I can’t help now push these feelings aside. I feel hurt all over again as he didn’t tell me everything. He may not have flirted or cheated physically. But we were always so open with eachother. He has kept asking since yesterday how am I. And why I’m so quiet as usually I’m so chatty. He cooked me dinner and is being so nice. Giving me random hugs and I wish I could stop feeling so sh*t because I love him so much as he really has such a kind heart and always putting me and our child first and couldn’t even imagine life without him. I just think his too nice to people and doesn’t know how to say f*ck off.

should I speak to him and dig up the past again or just bury it as his been so sweet lately? I really can’t be bothered with an argument but same time I don’t want to be touched and he senses something is up. I wish I never opened to messages now but I don’t want to be naive. If he ever did cheat I would definitely leave.
Bless you, that must be tough. I couldn't leave it if I was in that situation, mainly because of what I know it would do to my mental health and probably ultimately affect the relationship anyways. My opinion - He has already suspected that you are quiet for a reason. I know from experience that someone consistently having to try and 'draw' out of a person what is wrong with them can be really tiring and infuriating in equal measures. Your husband feeling like that could cause this situation to go south in a way that it potentially doesn't need to. As for your husband being too nice to tell this person to f* off, I think that's you letting him off the hook a bit too much. Realistically in order to save his marriage since the incident in the summer he should be assertive with this other woman and tell her that he's flattered that she has opened up communication with him in that way but he's really not interested as he has a loving wife at home. I'm not sure if this is the best advice but for me, that's what I would do ask him about it in a non-accusatory way to try and understand what's going on. Sending hugs! X

• Heart
Reactions: 1

I would tell him you saw she’s still contacting him. Ask him to block her so there is no temptation.
And if she continues then you phone her and tell her to but put of your relationship or you’ll make a case at the police for harrassment

• Heart
Bless you, that must be tough. I couldn't leave it if I was in that situation, mainly because of what I know it would do to my mental health and probably ultimately affect the relationship anyways. My opinion - He has already suspected that you are quiet for a reason. I know from experience that someone consistently having to try and 'draw' out of a person what is wrong with them can be really tiring and infuriating in equal measures. Your husband feeling like that could cause this situation to go south in a way that it potentially doesn't need to. As for your husband being too nice to tell this person to f* off, I think that's you letting him off the hook a bit too much. Realistically in order to save his marriage since the incident in the summer he should be assertive with this other woman and tell her that he's flattered that she has opened up communication with him in that way but he's really not interested as he has a loving wife at home. I'm not sure if this is the best advice but for me, that's what I would do ask him about it in a non-accusatory way to try and understand what's going on. Sending hugs! X
I wasn’t expecting anyone to ready my rant let alone reply so thank you I really appreciate even one person listening. I never usually speak on my marriage to anyone. And living in another country to my family and friends is so difficult and I want them to think I’m okay and not worry.

nd I can assure you I definitely made him grovel for weeks! 😅 I just wish I knew every single detail. As I always tell him if some guy try’s to hit on me. So I would have been fine if he said one of his old female friends told him their feelings or sent him a photo and he should have said to her (even politely) that he has a wife at home that he loves dearly and to respect that. And I said to him he put this girls feelings infront of mine because he didn’t want to embarrass her. He realised that was wrong and that’s why his really trying to make more of an effort. I definitely feel like I need to bring it up today as I’m so terrible at hiding my emotions and secrets. I just hope I can say it in a way he doesn’t get defensive. I just want to have closure and move on and not take steps back. Anyways rant over! Thank you for listening. I hope you are having a bit of a better day than me. Have lovely end to your week💐

• Heart
I wasn’t expecting anyone to ready my rant let alone reply so thank you I really appreciate even one person listening. I never usually speak on my marriage to anyone. And living in another country to my family and friends is so difficult and I want them to think I’m okay and not worry.

nd I can assure you I definitely made him grovel for weeks! 😅 I just wish I knew every single detail. As I always tell him if some guy try’s to hit on me. So I would have been fine if he said one of his old female friends told him their feelings or sent him a photo and he should have said to her (even politely) that he has a wife at home that he loves dearly and to respect that. And I said to him he put this girls feelings infront of mine because he didn’t want to embarrass her. He realised that was wrong and that’s why his really trying to make more of an effort. I definitely feel like I need to bring it up today as I’m so terrible at hiding my emotions and secrets. I just hope I can say it in a way he doesn’t get defensive. I just want to have closure and move on and not take steps back. Anyways rant over! Thank you for listening. I hope you are having a bit of a better day than me. Have lovely end to your week💐
You're welcome - good luck with the chat Xx

• Heart
I would tell him you saw she’s still contacting him. Ask him to block her so there is no temptation.
And if she continues then you phone her and tell her to but put of your relationship or you’ll make a case at the police for harrassment
Thank you I actually think I will tell him that as I don’t understand why after everything he only muted her on fb when he blocked her on WhatsApp. As for the calling the police. Unfortunately that won’t work as his originally from the Caribbean and she lives there still. But if he doesn’t block her I will contact her myself.

That's such a tough place to be in, I really hope you're OK. I've seen your replies already but just wanted to reach out and hope you manage to get it sorted. Personally I would talk to him about it, it'll eat away at you and he's already noticed somethings up. You don't want to bottle your feelings up then the smallest minor thing happens and you explode and lay it out to him. Does he use Facebook often? If he doesn't, maybe that's why he's muted her so he doesn't get notifications from her when she was calling. Just sit down and openly speak about your feelings on it, it doesn't need to be an argument as such, as long as yous are both honest about how your feeling xx

• Heart
Can you not sort it?
I've tried to but the alarm is in a really high location (Victorian building with very high ceilings) and I only have a stepladder.

I've since been to work and the alarms seem to have stopped since I've come in.

Hugs to all on here x

That's such a tough place to be in, I really hope you're OK. I've seen your replies already but just wanted to reach out and hope you manage to get it sorted. Personally I would talk to him about it, it'll eat away at you and he's already noticed somethings up. You don't want to bottle your feelings up then the smallest minor thing happens and you explode and lay it out to him. Does he use Facebook often? If he doesn't, maybe that's why he's muted her so he doesn't get notifications from her when she was calling. Just sit down and openly speak about your feelings on it, it doesn't need to be an argument as such, as long as yous are both honest about how your feeling xx
Thank you! That means so much 🥺 hugs to you! I know a lot of people are going through worse. It just feels lonely keeping things in. And you’re right, it’s only been afew days and i can barely sleep it’s really bothering me and we’ve been in such a good place recently I hate to ruin everything we’ve worked on. But for my own sanity I need to talk to him. And no he doesn’t. Since having our daughter and the pandemic he has barely uses social media as he finds it time wasting and depressing, so you are probably right about why he muted her as even his family contact me sometimes telling me to tell him to reply to messages as he ignores them. But he still should have told the girl to go away or block her.
Anyways thank you! Appreciate you and everyone else listening I already feel better getting it off my chest 😅.

hugs to all of you I hope tomorrow is a better day 😘

• Heart
I feel bad even moaning about him because he's so good for me in so many ways, but my partner absolutely infuriates me at times. He can be so lazy and although he says he doesn't expect me to clear up after him, I'm a really tidy person so I hate living in mess. It's just silly things like if he eats a bag of crisps or has a can of drink, the wrappers will stay where he consumed them until I take them to the bin. Dirty washing chucked on the floor. Really silly trivial things but no matter how much I mention it, it never changes. I work full time and I'm doing a degree outside of work so help round the house wouldn't go amiss. I mentioned it to his Mum but she's still wipe his arse for him if she could so she was all "well what do you expect? You knew I did everything for him when he was at home so he's never had to learn".

It's just stressing me out feeling like I have the whole weight of work, study and running the house all to myself. Even if he just once offered to do the food shop it would help.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I feel bad even moaning about him because he's so good for me in so many ways, but my partner absolutely infuriates me at times. He can be so lazy and although he says he doesn't expect me to clear up after him, I'm a really tidy person so I hate living in mess. It's just silly things like if he eats a bag of crisps or has a can of drink, the wrappers will stay where he consumed them until I take them to the bin. Dirty washing chucked on the floor. Really silly trivial things but no matter how much I mention it, it never changes. I work full time and I'm doing a degree outside of work so help round the house wouldn't go amiss. I mentioned it to his Mum but she's still wipe his arse for him if she could so she was all "well what do you expect? You knew I did everything for him when he was at home so he's never had to learn".

It's just stressing me out feeling like I have the whole weight of work, study and running the house all to myself. Even if he just once offered to do the food shop it would help.
Do you live together?
id honestly just stop - stop doing his washing, stop buying food etc for him, stop doing the whole lot. Leave his dirty clothes in a pile on the floor, leave his dirty dishes etc on the side, buy enough food and make a meal for yourself etc - it may seem petty but it will make him realise How much you do for him!

• Heart
Reactions: 5

I'm losing my mind!
I've no idea of your age but you couldn't be perimenopausal could you?
There can be so many wierd symptoms associated with it, sometimes for many years before actual menopause. Including memory loss, so much so you can think you are going a bit mad.
Also your visual disturbance sounds like a migraine with aura - possibly. The very first time I had one it was incredibly frightening.

Reactions: 4
Do you live together?
id honestly just stop - stop doing his washing, stop buying food etc for him, stop doing the whole lot. Leave his dirty clothes in a pile on the floor, leave his dirty dishes etc on the side, buy enough food and make a meal for yourself etc - it may seem petty but it will make him realise How much you do for him!
Have a conversation with him babe. You ain’t his mum

• Heart
I've no idea of your age but you couldn't be perimenopausal could you?
There can be so many wierd symptoms associated with it, sometimes for many years before actual menopause. Including memory loss, so much so you can think you are going a bit mad.
Also your visual disturbance sounds like a migraine with aura - possibly. The very first time I had one it was incredibly frightening.
Thank you for your post. I appreciate it :)

I'm turning 31 next month. As far as I know, I'm not perimenopausal. My period is very much on point in terms of regularity and has always been, no pain, no hot flashes or sleep problems, no mood swings or any sort of behavioral/body change.

I think it is neurological since I'm not experiencing any other physical symptoms. The issue with the visual disturbance is that I didn't have a migraine before nor after and my body started shaking on its own. My left arm was shaking on its own, even when I tried to stop it, it wouldn't. I'm used to having migraines that could last up to three days and I'm pretty sure I didn't experience any migraine before or after. Ever since, my memory has been acting out.

• Heart
I hope you get better ❤ I'm sorry to hear about your long-lasting side-effects.

No, no COVID at all. I haven't even had as much of a cold since 2018. It's not really a brain fog because I can concentrate perfectly fine. However, my short-term memory is suddenly playing tricks on me.

I'm a bit worried this is related to an incident I had in May where I suddenly got white flashes in my left eye then it took over the rest of my vision for a few seconds and I started shaking uncontrollably (my vision was just white blurry flashes for a few seconds) I went to the emergency at the time and waited, but I left after waiting for 12 hours. I haven't had the chance to see a neurologist since.
Sounds like an aura migraine maybe. Have you had them before??

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.