Sunbeamsjess #4 Can never commit to a schedule personally, but pay me on Patreon and fund the uncertainty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was probably always to try and get the brand deal from Vinted “oh look I’ve used vinted for years” etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Not saying she should sell stuff on vinted, but I can imagine her reasoning is that it's financially wasteful to buy stuff and just get rid of it without wearing it once, and trying to salvage some of the value/not waste her families wealth. I give stuff away but out of laziness and would def sell more if I had the time.

Her mum is not on a million a year… when she was at the magic circle firm she would have been taking home around £1.5m. But now she’s at a US firm and will be on a multiple of that.
A lot of American law firms have started entering the UK, I have a friend who’s old flat mate got a job working at one. He’d graduated uni and completed his 3 year LPC and at the age of 25 was offered a job on something like £150k, could have been less but it was at least 6 figures. It’s absolutely ludicrous the money they pay. He was told to expect the work 6 days a week and 12 hour days, but still insane. The money a partner will be on with years of experience who was potentially headhunted would probably knock us all sick.

• Wow
A lot of American law firms have started entering the UK, I have a friend who’s old flat mate got a job working at one. He’d graduated uni and completed his 3 year LPC and at the age of 25 was offered a job on something like £150k, could have been less but it was at least 6 figures. It’s absolutely ludicrous the money they pay. He was told to expect the work 6 days a week and 12 hour days, but still insane. The money a partner will be on with years of experience who was potentially headhunted would probably knock us all sick.
It does (in the US) but new associates are also worked to death, and in the US you can easily pay 40% of that income on taxes, so you end up with something closer to 80-90k. But in general US salaries are way better than UK salaries (especially for healthcare workers).

-------------------------------

Well, she says it right there in the end of her vlog, in doing up the new house its a form of escapism and delusion for her and Zack; 'building their new selves', how they see themselves. If they can just get the new house perfect, everything will be better.

She doesn't realize having the perfect lamps will not make you feel happy or more fulfilled.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
It does (in the US) but new associates are also worked to death, and in the US you can easily pay 40% of that income on taxes, so you end up with something closer to 80-90k.
You’d still make more than 80-90k. Even in our highest tax states you’d still make like 110k. Also, income tax is higher in the UK

Reactions: 2
It does (in the US) but new associates are also worked to death, and in the US you can easily pay 40% of that income on taxes, so you end up with something closer to 80-90k. But in general US salaries are way better than UK salaries (especially for healthcare workers).
Completely depends on the state. Some states don't have income tax.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Yeh my numbers are a bit off, I have a friend who got a well-paying (high end among) first-year associate law job in tax law earning about (170k USD), in Il income tax ~ 32%, leaving roughly 115k, plus people pay into retirement funds, healthcare etc.

Reactions: 1
Hi! Long time lurker here.. Today I finally registered because I wanna join the Jess-conversation.
I watched some of her very old "Week in Outfits" etc last weekend and damn, that girl used to be such an inspiration to me!! I loved her daring weird outfits and her creativity and boldness. There is nothing left of that element on her channel nowadays unfortunately.. I'm not a fan of the book-club nor the mommy-blogger content so I don't really know what's keeping me there :/ still I keep following her and hoping one day she'll be more creative again? I don't know. It's not going in a great direction

Reactions: 13
i haven't watched all of the vlogtober videos (because what's the point), but i did click on day 16, and i must say even though it was super short & mostly just full of little clips, it was marginally better than her previous vlogs.

if she wants the views she has to pull herself together & actually start putting in the work before more people become bored & she loses even more views. & considering her whole current thing is earning money for her 'little family' then i really don't understand why she isn't actually trying to put out good content instead of doing half assed projects like patreon & now vinted.

or instead of doing daily vlogtober videos she could go the zoella route & film throughout a longer period of time & actually have content that just isn't her babbling in front of the camera.

Jess is lucky because I think it's clear reading these threads that so many people loved her older content and have stuck around waiting for her to get her spark back. I've given up on so many other YouTubers/influencers because they infuriate or depress me, but for whatever reason I still have a soft spot for Jess even when she gives us nothing. Quite sad to think we may never have the glory days of those Vlogtobers and Vlogmases back again

Reactions: 15
I think the most alienating thing in that 'changes' vlog was that she was clearly being vulnerable - for her - and yet it was all tied to material possessions. She is letting go of her past, so she's selling clothes. They will move into the new house, and everything will be transformed. It's just not how life works. I think she will be upset to realise that they will move, and nothing will change - unless she herself decides to make a change. She'll just be fed up and tired in a bigger house, with more stuff in it.

Reactions: 15
I work in a legal team thats not in the private sector and as I am a temp I am not sure what the permanent salaries are. I'm a PA on £20 ph and I think the perm salary is meant to be quite bad from what i hear. However I saw an ad for the Deputy department heads and they are on approx 90K so i dread to think what my boss the Dept head is on. Mind you the pay is nothing like corporate law firms whose staff are on silly money but are worked into the ground. Some of our staff have worked for these top law firms and tbh they seem much happier with us than when they were being worked to the bone.

Thanks @puresoul for answering my question. What a dumb reason to leave Goodreads.

To go back a bit to the vinted discussion, the only reason I could see selling stuff online rather than giving it to a charity shop is that it's guaranteed to go to a new home. But I'm sure Jess isn't thinking about the sustainability aspect of it and she has so much branded and designer stuff, she can definitely donate them and they'd sell. (The only other thing I'd say is that charity shops don't always know the value of or can't sell things for more than a certain amount due to their customer base so you could sell something and then donate the money to charity for a high ticket item. But again, Jess is only doing this for easy money - and only expects to make easy money with everything she does).

Reactions: 1
Jess is actually the reason I found out about gossip forums. She was showing something on her laptop and had a GG tab visible. Someone asked why she was on there, and she replied that she likes to keep up with what is said about her and make any changes accordingly etc. I then looked up the site having never heard of it! And here we are! Thanks Jess 😉 (although I think I found tattle specifically by googling the Chris Ingham stuff 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Jess is actually the reason I found out about gossip forums. She was showing something on her laptop and had a GG tab visible. Someone asked why she was on there, and she replied that she likes to keep up with what is said about her and make any changes accordingly etc. I then looked up the site having never heard of it! And here we are! Thanks Jess 😉 (although I think I found tattle specifically by googling the Chris Ingham stuff 😂)
so I'm assuming she doesn't keep up with us anymore given how her content is going atm

• Haha
Reactions: 19
i think she said that one of the books was so good that it deserved a 5-star rating, but it was so much better than all the other books she had given a 5-star rating to, therefore the rating system wasn't accurate anymore, or something like that. someone correct me if my recollection is wrong!
That sounds like something of her own making as in she has in the past too easily assigned 5 stars. I only 5 star if it is absolutely blowing me away otherwise it gets a 4. TBH i would like a digital point system because there is a difference between a 4.1 and a 4.75

I always found it quite self absorbed that she would read her gossip girl forum but never even gave a heart react to people who took the time to comment on her videos and pictures

Reactions: 7
I always found it quite self absorbed that she would read her gossip girl forum but never even gave a heart react to people who took the time to comment on her videos and pictures
If anyone remembers the video where that happened can you please share

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.