Sunbeamsjess #4 Can never commit to a schedule personally, but pay me on Patreon and fund the uncertainty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And so it continues…

🤦‍♀️ Jess continues to be far too busy to even update her 197 paying Patrons. But she finally feels like she’s “finding her momentum… 🤞”. If only we hadn’t heard this ten million times before.

🤦‍♀️ Jess confirmed Ines doesn’t have any schedule because Jess can’t keep to one.

🤦‍♀️ She continues to sell her stuff for £2 on Vinted because she’s living on the breadline, my loves.

🤦‍♀️ She’s talking about doing an in-person paid ticketed event to raise funds for herself. Don’t worry Patrons, apparently you’ll get a “big discount”! And don’t worry, everyone else, it’s not as if she has any motivation to actually follow through and arrange anything.

🤦‍♀️ No, the house is still an uninhabitable building site…

Thanks to @Crying for the thread title!

Reactions: 17
"I don’t think that’s fair, they had the house for ages before being able to start renovations so have probably been saving for a while."

I'm laughing at this comment on her recent video. Jess Lethaby has never had to save for anything in her life. Renovations have been taking a while because they're lazy and unmotivated and "can't keep to a schedule"

• Haha
Reactions: 29
All the comments on her youtube must be from all her "safe space" patrons - they're almost universally disgustingly insipid. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Look, a year or so ago I was willing to believe that maybe covid really had caused it to be impossible for them to get the work started on the house any faster. But it's been SO LONG considering if you're actually working on it with professionals, a house gets renovated in less than a year usually. They just haven't tried because they're massively privileged and it's not a big deal to them. I don't know how her fans don't see that. She should just stop claiming things are an urgent priority to her when she does nothing on them. She promises so much of everything and then never delivers.

Reactions: 15
the irony of this being recommended from Jess’s video.

I bet she watches these videos and comes away thinking that all productivity is toxic and she’s being some kind of free spirited anti-capitalist by not having a schedule and starting her “work week” on a Wednesday. while complaining about how tired she is, sitting in her mother’s multimillion dollar house, having her boyfriend cook for her, cleaners to clean the house, patrons paying for her spontaneous $800 purchases, and a nanny taking care of her baby for when she needs a “well-deserved” rest from sitting on her bed reading.

Attachments

Reactions: 18
I have a theory about the house: given it was likely paid for by her parents, what’s the likelihood that they are also paying for renovations, and therefore using the same architect/builders that they’ve used before? It would mean that maybe her parents are pulling rank and getting the builder to do their own projects first and fitting in Jess’ house in small spare moments here and there. Given her mum had brought a new house I bet she’s also renovating it top to bottom before moving in because when you’re that rich then that’s just what you do, so that would mean the builder is busy on that project instead

Reactions: 1
Not that that theory couldn't be true, but I think Jess is just really bad at getting anything done. She says over and over that basically she does one thing and considers it a busy day. Getting her nails done is a jam-packed schedule to her. I think a lot of the house stuff was just too daunting and she was too lazy/depressed/whatever to get a start on it.

Reactions: 19
I agree with @Elyezabeth's theory.

She probably wasted time by doing nothing like she always does then her mother probably pushed her to finish hers since the new house is smaller.

Reactions: 1
Not that that theory couldn't be true, but I think Jess is just really bad at getting anything done. She says over and over that basically she does one thing and considers it a busy day. Getting her nails done is a jam-packed schedule to her. I think a lot of the house stuff was just too daunting and she was too lazy/depressed/whatever to get a start on it.
Especially right now. If the UK is anything like the US, supply chains have not returned to normal by any stretch, so everyone in construction is way overbooked and overworked and everything is expensive and hard to find and it takes a lot more work and following up to get anything done now, which sounds like it would be a guaranteed fail for her.

Reactions: 3
It's sickening how so many of her viewers blindly worship her 🤢 it's like in their eyes she does no wrong. I mean, who cares if she's accepting payments for her subscription thing and not uploading on it like she said she would. She definitely doesn't need the extra money so she could at least do her job a little bit better. I just can't believe the bubble she lives in, must be nice to take from the poor and still be worshipped like she's gods gift or something 😂

Reactions: 14
Especially right now. If the UK is anything like the US, supply chains have not returned to normal by any stretch, so everyone in construction is way overbooked and overworked and everything is expensive and hard to find and it takes a lot more work and following up to get anything done now, which sounds like it would be a guaranteed fail for her.
I don't know, at least two of my neighbours have had their houses gutted out and completely redone over the past couple of years. A third has started further down the street. I know this because I have been working from home and I can't get away from the constant noise of construction. 🙃

We live in a middle class neighbourhood. Maybe prices have gone up and there are supply chain issues but not for the likes of Jessie.

(Also whilst office workers were given the WFH mandate, builders were still expected to go in and work. Hence why there's been no pause.)

Reactions: 9
I don't know, at least two of my neighbours have had their houses gutted out and completely redone over the past couple of years. A third has started further down the street. I know this because I have been working from home and I can't get away from the constant noise of construction. 🙃

We live in a middle class neighbourhood. Maybe prices have gone up and there are supply chain issues but not for the likes of Jessie.

(Also whilst office workers were given the WFH mandate, builders were still expected to go in and work. Hence why there's been no pause.)
It’s the same here, though. It didn’t stop at all and it’s still build build build, but everything costs way more and there are delays for materials. Idk how people are doing it, but they are. I’m not saying that is impacting her build, but idk how it couldn’t be. Obviously she can pay it anyway, but I bet she’s paying significantly more than she would have a few years ago.

Reactions: 2
Yeah, it seemed like initially she was all motivated to get to working on it, but then after a couple weird sessions of two absolutely inexperienced rich people chipping away at their flooring themselves, the initial consultations, and having their plans rejected, she just totally lost steam on the project.

Yeah, it seemed like initially she was all motivated to get to working on it, but then after a couple weird sessions of two absolutely inexperienced rich people chipping away at their flooring themselves, the initial consultations, and having their plans rejected, she just totally lost steam on the project.
Which is why I don’t get why she took on a full “renovation project”. Like surely she’d have been better off living in something that didn’t need so much work and then just sell it and buy something else if she so desired

Reactions: 13
I feel like Lucy Williams has bought and completed her own home renovation in the time since Jess bought the house. Or has my sense of time been warped?

Reactions: 5
Which is why I don’t get why she took on a full “renovation project”. Like surely she’d have been better off living in something that didn’t need so much work and then just sell it and buy something else if she so desired
Her and Zak trying to take on the first stage of the reno themselves seemed like something out of Arrested Development, like the scene where Lindsay is cleaning up the wetlands lol. For the price of the house plus the reno surely she could have just bought a place that was already livable. It's like the filthy rich version of buying a bunch of supplies for a new hobby you never actually get into.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I'm genuinely surprised she has so many Patreons...I mean you could join a book club or a discord server for book chat for free??

There are other Youtubers where I get why they do Patreon/why people would subscribe, as at least you get good stuff out of it (like downloadable stuff, art, their writing etc), but with her its like...why??

Reactions: 7
I'm sure her patrons are just desperate from some interaction ignoring years of evidence that she doesn't care about the actual audience nor is she capable of putting in more than the bare minimum effort.

Reactions: 13
I feel like Lucy Williams has bought and completed her own home renovation in the time since Jess bought the house. Or has my sense of time been warped?
I remember Lucy talking about her new house AFER Jess bought hers, and then Lucy's got done (and beautifuly so)

Reactions: 3
I am actually impressed by how blant everyone on her prateon is. Yes, they mostly do worship Jess and have a Jess-wannabe vibe, or at least the active ones. They also love trendy mainstream books that nobody will remember 10 years from now like Piranesi etc (not trying to offend anyone who liked it but I can’t understand the obsession with this book).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.