Sunbeamsjess #4 Can never commit to a schedule personally, but pay me on Patreon and fund the uncertainty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m at the library and wanted to check out some Jane Smiley books so looked them up on Jess’s channel. I’ve never really noticed it before but she’s so surface level with her “reviews”. She basically just sums up the plot and that’s it! Where are all the “notes” she talks about.

Reactions: 11
"parenting Q&A"

really understanding what type of content her audiences wants isn't she...
Maybe she wants to rebrand her content to be more family oriented perhaps? All I see these days is her talking about her kid and the books anyway.

I’m at the library and wanted to check out some Jane Smiley books so looked them up on Jess’s channel. I’ve never really noticed it before but she’s so surface level with her “reviews”. She basically just sums up the plot and that’s it! Where are all the “notes” she talks about.
Yeah I wish she would actually give her opinions. I feel like she dances around things a lot. Especially with popular books like normal people and such. If she doesn’t like it, she should say it. That would be interesting.I feel like that would also allow for more engagement with her content. People might disagree with her takes but at least it would be An actual discussion of a book rather than her just giving a summary and people kissing her ass in the comments.

Reactions: 10
Yeah I wish she would actually give her opinions. I feel like she dances around things a lot. Especially with popular books like normal people and such. If she doesn’t like it, she should say it. That would be interesting.I feel like that would also allow for more engagement with her content. People might disagree with her takes but at least it would be An actual discussion of a book rather than her just giving a summary and people kissing her ass in the comments.
This! I stopped listening to her book reviews because they weren't reviews but just summaries.
I don't get why so many influencers that work with books, refrain from giving an actual review (or even a more in depth analysis) of the stuff they read! If I wanted a summary, I would've read the blurbs

I belive it could be the case with other booktubers as well, but they might be afraid to offend someone if they don't agree with the review, as silly as it sounds.

Absolutely this. When she stopped rating books on Goodreads, I lost interest all together. She adds no value.

don't understand why she doesn't record outside more. there's like a 5 second clip from the train, museum, coffee run, etc, and then the rest is her sitting in her house just talking.
I got the impression at some point she got too awkward filming outside. She basically stopped doing it a few years ago.

But I agree, even some candid shots of whatever is happening would make the vlogs somewhat more interesting.

Reactions: 4
Oh my god just finally braved a vlogtober video and wowwwww it is so boring?? Like I certainly have YouTubers that I will listen to just ramble on about their lives or certain topics, but I just don’t care about any of this! A detailed explanation of her entire sleep schedule and philosophy of sleep schedule and when she does and doesn’t have caffeine and on and on! At one point she said, I think I said this already, and then restated an entire thing!! Why would you not edit one of them out?!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
well I guess vlogtober ended since she hasn't posted anything in a while, she lasted more than I expected

Reactions: 3
well I guess vlogtober ended since she hasn't posted anything in a while, she lasted more than I expected
Probably thinks because she posted the vlog with the q and a that was over an hour she doesn’t need to do any work for a week or so

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It leaves such a bad taste in my mouth seeing her sell stuff on Vinted. Donate it to a woman's shelter, charities like Smart Works, etc. ANYTHING except to line your own pockets when you're already loaded.

Also I may sound like a brat but I'd be so annoyed if I came home from uni and my sister was using my bedroom as her "postal room"

Reactions: 16
It leaves such a bad taste in my mouth seeing her sell stuff on Vinted. Donate it to a woman's shelter, charities like Smart Works, etc. ANYTHING except to line your own pockets when you're already loaded.

Also I may sound like a brat but I'd be so annoyed if I came home from uni and my sister was using my bedroom as her "postal room"
I agree, also how much of that was gifted?! That is so unethical…

I just watched the brand new vlog and I agree with most of the stuff she was discussing, if only she actually lived that way! She should absolutely stop hoarding massive amounts of clothes that she never wears & focus on a sustainable selection of slow fashion pieces. Is she going to do that? No way.

Reactions: 5
I was actually empathising with her when she was talking about adjusting after the changes since covid etc etc, but when she said about selling on vinted '...the extra money doesn't hurt hehe', that all disappeared.

She's clearly only just realised the cost of things since buying/renovating a house and it's probably the first time she's even thought that she might *need* an income.

Does explain why she suddenly has a bit more motivation to vlog though

Reactions: 16
I was actually empathising with her when she was talking about adjusting after the changes since covid etc etc, but when she said about selling on vinted '...the extra money doesn't hurt hehe', that all disappeared.

She's clearly only just realised the cost of things since buying/renovating a house and it's probably the first time she's even thought that she might *need* an income.

Does explain why she suddenly has a bit more motivation to vlog though
I agreeeee, it was such an uncharacteristically open thing for her to discuss, I really appreciated that. But yeah, then she had to ruin it pretending she’s just a normie who needs money.

Reactions: 2
What was her reasoning? (Can't remember!)
i think she said that one of the books was so good that it deserved a 5-star rating, but it was so much better than all the other books she had given a 5-star rating to, therefore the rating system wasn't accurate anymore, or something like that. someone correct me if my recollection is wrong!

• Haha
  • Wow

I really don’t get it, selling stuff for £10 when you’re loaded. Charity or offer it to followers if they cover postage IMO. I’m not even close to her level of wealth and I regularly give stuff to a zero waste site locally. Her mum is presumably on a million a year or thereabouts and she’s selling her shoes in lieu of donating?!
You never know what is happening behind the scenes - debt, bad investments etc so I’d like to give her the benefit of the doubt.

I really don’t get it, selling stuff for £10 when you’re loaded. Charity or offer it to followers if they cover postage IMO. I’m not even close to her level of wealth and I regularly give stuff to a zero waste site locally. Her mum is presumably on a million a year or thereabouts and she’s selling her shoes in lieu of donating?!
You never know what is happening behind the scenes - debt, bad investments etc so I’d like to give her the benefit of the doubt.
I'm nowhere near her wealth either and I donate all my clothes, bags, shoes that are still in good condition. Mostly because I can't be bothered with the faff of Vinted and people offering a fiver for proper good quality stuff :ROFLMAO: Makes influencers look so greedy or downright selfish when they don't consider charities IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Her mum is not on a million a year… when she was at the magic circle firm she would have been taking home around £1.5m. But now she’s at a US firm and will be on a multiple of that.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.