Sunbeamsjess #4 Can never commit to a schedule personally, but pay me on Patreon and fund the uncertainty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jess is actually the reason I found out about gossip forums. She was showing something on her laptop and had a GG tab visible. Someone asked why she was on there, and she replied that she likes to keep up with what is said about her and make any changes accordingly etc. I then looked up the site having never heard of it! And here we are! Thanks Jess 😉 (although I think I found tattle specifically by googling the Chris Ingham stuff 😂)
I can't decide if this is genius or psychotic

• Haha
Reactions: 3
so I'm assuming she doesn't keep up with us anymore given how her content is going atm
I remember listening to a podcast where she was a guest, she said she had stopped reading anything about herself online INCLUDING her comments. According to her, she absolutely never reads them. Never commented on her videos again after that, what a waste of a platform 🙄

That sounds like something of her own making as in she has in the past too easily assigned 5 stars. I only 5 star if it is absolutely blowing me away otherwise it gets a 4. TBH i would like a digital point system because there is a difference between a 4.1 and a 4.75
Agreed. Also, tbf I don’t give star ratings either anymore because I just ended up not finding them useful - I can absolutely love a trash thriller book, and it could be 5 stars “for a thriller,” how can I give it the same rating as Toni Morrison or something lol. I just find them hopelessly reductive, but also I get it’s not that deep 😂

Storygraph does let you do decimals! They also give you cool reading stats. I greatly prefer it to goodreads.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
I remember listening to a podcast where she was a guest, she said she had stopped reading anything about herself online INCLUDING her comments. According to her, she absolutely never reads them. Never commented on her videos again after that, what a waste of a platform 🙄
That is such an ass thing to do, why bother having a platform if she's not even interacting with the people that watch her? That behavior only parades the image of a self absorbed girl who is making us, """commoners""", a favor with her online presence. At this point we wouldn't even notice if she stopped posting altogether.

Reactions: 11
That sounds like something of her own making as in she has in the past too easily assigned 5 stars. I only 5 star if it is absolutely blowing me away otherwise it gets a 4. TBH i would like a digital point system because there is a difference between a 4.1 and a 4.75
Not really an avid reader myself, but I've always gotten the impression that Jess's opinion of books is heavily swayed by the overall attention they get. Except it kind of goes both ways, where sometimes she'll be saying a book is amazing just because it's a classic, even though she's clearly dreading reading it, and sometimes she'll say something was awful and disappointing for tiny nitpicky reasons just because it was getting viral rave reviews.

Reactions: 8
That is such an ass thing to do, why bother having a platform if she's not even interacting with the people that watch her? That behavior only parades the image of a self absorbed girl who is making us, """commoners""", a favor with her online presence. At this point we wouldn't even notice if she stopped posting altogether.
I agree, and it bothers me so much because she still does stuff acting like she reads the comments! “Let me know if …” “if you’ve read it, I’d love to hear your thoughts” etc. Knowing she doesn’t read comments, it’s just puuuure manipulation

Reactions: 14
I agree, and it bothers me so much because she still does stuff acting like she reads the comments! “Let me know if …” “if you’ve read it, I’d love to hear your thoughts” etc. Knowing she doesn’t read comments, it’s just puuuure manipulation
It’s the hi my loves that gets me. And people are still stupid enough to fall for it

Reactions: 15
Hi! Long time lurker here.. Today I finally registered because I wanna join the Jess-conversation.
I watched some of her very old "Week in Outfits" etc last weekend and damn, that girl used to be such an inspiration to me!! I loved her daring weird outfits and her creativity and boldness. There is nothing left of that element on her channel nowadays unfortunately.. I'm not a fan of the book-club nor the mommy-blogger content so I don't really know what's keeping me there :/ still I keep following her and hoping one day she'll be more creative again? I don't know. It's not going in a great direction
i am also still following because I am hoping for some fashion content that’s not just a haul. Give me a lookbook or a week in outfits every once in a while and I’d be a happy follower. I don’t watch her book content so there’s nothing going on anymore that’s interesting..

Reactions: 4
i am also still following because I am hoping for some fashion content that’s not just a haul. Give me a lookbook or a week in outfits every once in a while and I’d be a happy follower. I don’t watch her book content so there’s nothing going on anymore that’s interesting..
I’m the opposite, I’m primarily a book viewer and there’s *also* nothing going on anymore that’s interesting for me 😂

She talks about the act of reading and liking fashion all the time but she never *actually* talks about books or clothes

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Agreed. Also, tbf I don’t give star ratings either anymore because I just ended up not finding them useful - I can absolutely love a trash thriller book, and it could be 5 stars “for a thriller,” how can I give it the same rating as Toni Morrison or something lol. I just find them hopelessly reductive, but also I get it’s not that deep 😂

Storygraph does let you do decimals! They also give you cool reading stats. I greatly prefer it to goodreads.
I found Storygraph awful . Didn't like the look of it and most of the books I read were not even on there. I also don't gel with the super emphasis on stats

Reactions: 7
I found Storygraph awful . Didn't like the look of it and most of the books I read were not even on there. I also don't gel with the super emphasis on stats
Interesting! Something for everyone, I guess, I find goodreads incredibly ugly 😂 I’ve had to add a few books to storyGraph, but their catalog keeps improving as more people use it.

Not really an avid reader myself, but I've always gotten the impression that Jess's opinion of books is heavily swayed by the overall attention they get. Except it kind of goes both ways, where sometimes she'll be saying a book is amazing just because it's a classic, even though she's clearly dreading reading it, and sometimes she'll say something was awful and disappointing for tiny nitpicky reasons just because it was getting viral rave reviews.
I think that's exactly why she pushed herself to read all the Booker nominated books every year (except this year I believe?) since those books garner a lot of attention/buzz.

Reactions: 5
Interesting! Something for everyone, I guess, I find goodreads incredibly ugly 😂 I’ve had to add a few books to storyGraph, but their catalog keeps improving as more people use it.
I love storygraph too! It seems to be constantly improving and I like that it was founded by a woman who loves books and reading and isn't part of Amazon.

Also a pro being able to give point stars!

i find goodreads ugly now it's turning into Storygraph lol

• Haha
Reactions: 2
She was so excited about her Diptyque PR package she didn't open it properly 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Maybe it's just me, but she seems a bit more relaxed in recent vlogs. Not sure what has improved if anything, or it's just that she is excited to 'provide for her little family'.

Reactions: 2
God, imagine having a box of free Diptyque and forgetting about it. Can't relate 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Clarifying that the Penguin showcase you're going to is the publisher, not... a bird showcase?

Also, goes to the British library because she feels at home around people doing intense academic work?!! To write a blog post! The inflated ego, wow.

But yes, I do agree that she seems more energised/relaxed/motivated these days. Maybe they upped the nanny's hours.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Clarifying that the Penguin showcase you're going to is the publisher, not... a bird showcase?
She didn't even say much about the showcase, did she? It's a pity because I was actually interested for once.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.