Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lurker419

Did anyone else catch the part in her vid where she was pretending to be an anti capitalist talking about what a shame it is that there are so few spaces “where people can do things together for free”? and then in the next breath saying how much she’s enjoyed bringing people together through her patreon, where she’s literally charging people for the chance to have an interaction with her? the cognitive dissonance is insane.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

jjeett

Chatty Member
Who'd have thought 10 years ago that Indie would be off to uni before Jess moves out

• Haha
Reactions: 42

aeiou2468

lol, Jess citing worrying about “the state of the world and the state of this country” as one of the reasons why she hasn’t been feeling well recently 🙃

imagine if she actually had to experience any of the shit that’s going on in the world instead of sitting in her ivory tower sighing sadly about it. how is there anyone left that takes her seriously anymore?
im actually livid lmao… the fact that she’s sitting there in that fucking multi-million property home while doing a state of the art renovation on her own multi million property, buying about 5 new luxury items a week while ALSO having just been on her trillionth holiday of the last 12 months and she’s sitting there lamenting at how she’s “worried about the state of the world…. Worried about providing for her little family”. I used to feel sorry for her but now I’m just angry - there’s no way she can be this tone deaf. It’s gotten beyond the pale.

• Wow
Reactions: 35

yaeenf

I've got to the point where I've had to unfollow Jess. I subscribed back in 2012, watched every single video she did between then and 2017, and now I just find her unwatchable. She's always been quite laid back with her scheduling and social media and I never minded that personally, because she would produce good content and she would do a full vlogmas and vlogtober. I liked her as a person too. I know she has always been rich, but I felt like there were other things about her that were relatable. Now, it does not sit right with me that everything is sponsored, every (uninspiring) outfit she shows costs several grand, she's surrounded by clutter, she has a child she doesn't look after, she's forced Zak to quit his job and essentially be a stay at home dad (except they also hire a nanny), she has paying subscribers that she won't engage with, her vlogs are all of her talking in her bes, she has a whole diary just to schedule beauty appointments, she's wasted her talent and education, and most of all she just seems like a really 'meh' person. There is no personality anymore, nothing at all really behind those eyes- all she talks about is extremely vague book reviews and things the sponsor of the video told her to say. She also says she has been "busy" a lot but has nothing to show for it. When there is content, it's not creative, and she either looks fed up or is forcing a smile that comes across as smug. On Instagram I even find her to be unlikable. I am not surprised we don't see many friends around her anymore, because if she was someone I knew I'd resent the way she goes on about being so tired and busy when she literally does nothing and still has a lot of money, a partner and a child. She just seems so soul-sucking and whenever I see her I feel sad because she didn't used to be this person. Who even is Jess anymore?

• Heart
Reactions: 34

queenamber

VIP Member
its not sexist it was a genuine comment as I had read on here that Indie and Jess do not have the same dad and I think she is with a guy now who is neither dad. She really doesn't seem that old as Jess is still only in her twenties and has a much younger sibling.. so that was why i was querying how many times her mum had been married. really don't see anything sexist in that.. maybe you have a different perspective on what constitutes sexism than myself

to me sexist would be if I said ppl cant or shouldnt get married more than once which I was not saying and even then the term sexist wouldnt be a term i would apply to that. i'm prepared to listen and take into account other ppls points of view.. what is your definition of sexist? I know a man who is in his 40s who has been married a few times.. if I asked a mutual friend how many times W has been married would that be sexist????

---

including me..

odd that pew is a new member that has only commented on her thread.. Hi Jess...
You sound really judgmental about second marriages though, even if you didn't intend do. There is lots to criticise Jess and her family for but I don't think it's fair to criticise her Mum for being married twice or having two children from two different men. Life is long and complicated and women are now fortunate to be able to make their own decisions about marriage, divorce and children now. It's not a moral failing.

• Haha
Reactions: 31

getawaywithit

VIP Member
She is either incredibly privileged/entitled, or incredibly depressed— or both. There is no excuse for getting such an opportunity handed to you as a Sunday Times book column and then you can’t even be bothered to finish reading a book to meet the deadline. It’s disgusting. I can’t even imagine what her peers who got BAs and MAs in English Lit would think of basically snubbing that kind of opportunity because you can’t be bothered but you know there’s no consequence.

I say depressed because there is a chance she literally can’t bring herself to get it together to complete a task like this by the set date— in which case she needs help to address it, not more talk about letting herself off the hook or “going easy on herself”. Again, when there are no consequences there is no reason to really try and change.

• Heart

JasmineFairy

In her new video she is showing some FarFetch trousers. They are SILVER trousers and they are almost 500 pounds. And I quote: "...when they arrived, they had some of the silver coming off in larger flaps... and I just took it off. It gives you your own unique distressed style (...) And you won't be able to wash them. I've accepted that".

Honestly. I know she works with FarFetch, and I even enyoing her hauls (not that I can buy anything, but anyway). But is she trying to sell £500 silver trousers that you can only wear a couple of times? I have no words. You'd think she would at least promote things that are good quality and can last a long time considering their price. This is ridiculous and distateful considering the current crisis.

• Wow
  • Haha

lurker419

lol, Jess citing worrying about “the state of the world and the state of this country” as one of the reasons why she hasn’t been feeling well recently 🙃

imagine if she actually had to experience any of the shit that’s going on in the world instead of sitting in her ivory tower sighing sadly about it. how is there anyone left that takes her seriously anymore?

• Haha
  • Wow

Shmoogles

I still just can't get over the fact that she's charging people for the "privilege" of talking with her. And she refuses to engage with anyone who isn't sending her money every month. Blows my mind.

If having a book club is all that she truly wanted out of it, she could have started one of those in so many online places, at any point over the last few years she's been doing this gig.

The whole thing has completely altered my view of her.

Reactions: 30

Elyezabeth

Chatty Member
Poor Jessie is obviously lower class, since she's had to resort to scraping by on Patreon subscriptions and selling old clothes to support her little family.

• Haha

newaccount2022

Chatty Member
I think I’ve commented before that Jess said their plan was to have this house for roughly 10 years before moving to a forever home.

They’re literally almost halfway through the decade and the house is still a shack.

• Haha

rinceyyy

It’s honestly baffling just how rich she is. I’m guessing maybe only 5-6 of them were on the trip and yet they stayed in a 7 bedroom villa fit for 14 guests. Her whole spiel about supporting her little family and also charging people on patreon (at not cheap prices either) really irks me when she clearly has access to so much money.

Reactions: 29

mushkala

Chatty Member
"I don’t think that’s fair, they had the house for ages before being able to start renovations so have probably been saving for a while."

I'm laughing at this comment on her recent video. Jess Lethaby has never had to save for anything in her life. Renovations have been taking a while because they're lazy and unmotivated and "can't keep to a schedule"

• Haha
Reactions: 29