Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Elyezabeth

Chatty Member
I don't understand how she can say "I'm just never going to put out content regularly, and I've accepted that!" and still be planning on going through with the Patreon, which literally requires you to put out content regularly.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

livic2830

she is just soo lazy and privileged and unaware... so baffled by her, she is kind of like the opposite when everyone else usually progresses and changes when getting older but to me she kind of regresses into a teen the older she gets in terms of personality, lifestyle etc. I was suggested a video of her around the time she babysat her sister as her "gap year", she seemed so much more intelligent, reflective, introspective, active and wiser.... (she talked about politics in that video in a very adult, insightful and progressive way)..

to me she is definitely the disappointing Rory version in the Gilmore Girls reboot....

• Haha

sheleg

VIP Member
Comparing to my low salary working at a charity and wanting to weep.
You're doing something massively worthy and helpful to society. Please don't ever compare yourself negatively with a trust-fund leech who hasn't worked a day in her damn life.

• Heart

bad_wolf

that bum bum cream comment irrationally set me the fuck off. i do not have rich parents, i do not earn anywhere near as much as jess nor do i have anyone funding me and guess what??? i buy that damn bum bum cream every time i run out because it's great and i love it. stfu jess as if it's too pricey full price when you spend like 1k on a damn facial. fuck off.

Really loved the shots of Columbia Road etc. Actually felt like a bit of a vlog!

... Until she started talking about a Patreon. There seems to be a trend of influencers who don't post very much nor very consistently starting Patreons or those "buy me a coffee" things. She said that she wants to give people a safe space to have conversations, but I'm not sure why that should be hidden behind a paywall (not to mention, I've never seen any dubious comments on her Insta or Youtube - unless she's very good at deleting them). It only ever becomes an echo chamber, when those conversations should be productive and open. Not that I really understand what she actually plans on doing with this Patreon. Book discussions, maybe? Hardly controversial.

Having conversations with influencers shouldn't be hidden behind a paywall, either. It comes across as though she (and other influencers) will only deign to talk to their adoring public if they pay for the privilege.

Reactions: 22

palmer

Chatty Member
I can't believe 197 people are paying this rich girl money only so they get to see her mediocre and scarce videos 2 days before the rest of us. I'm sorry but if any of you are here...are you stupid? do you just enjoy throwing money out the window? I genuinely don't understand why anyone would be her patron.

• Haha

aeiou2468

I’ve been reading this thread for a few months and I’m like at breaking point after that vlog lmao I have to comment. I’m so tempted to comment on her video but like will she even see it???

It feels so condescending for her to talk about focusing on the current community, rather than trying to build, when what she means is she’s figured out a way to better monetise her current following, rather than putting effort into growing her channel. I just don’t understand how a Patreon will work when shes resignEd to the fact that she cannot be held to scheduled uploads, and will take several months off when needed? It does just get a bit tiresome to hear her complain every vlog about how busy she’s been/ how much pressure she’s under to provide for her family now she has the baby and the house etc! Like she was literally just on her 100th holiday of the past 12 months, she’s never done buying extortionate clothing like her consumption is genuinely insane, yes she’s just had a baby but from what she’s said in previous vlogs, she has childcare and Zach works for her full-time? And on top of all that, it’s getting a bit uncomfy seeing her read all those books about social justice issues, and poverty etc and she’s just like…. Dotting about from home to second home to luxury holiday literally adding nothing to society lol. ugh. She is the least self aware person I’ve seen on YouTube in a while tbh.

• Heart

sheleg

VIP Member
She has no interest in pursuing a professional career in fuckin anything! Bone idle.

• Haha

sheleg

VIP Member
A literary agent will have got her that. She’ll be writing a book. I’ve suspected it for ages.

Fucking gutting for writers (like me) who have been plugging away for years without getting noticed.

• Heart
  • Sad

Nova

VIP Member
I would certainly spend my money on my kids too, why should they live a difficult lifestyle when I can afford to buy them a house, etc.?

But at the same time, I truly think Jess lacks a sense of purpose, and that her comfortable situation has robbed her of the need to achieve things.

Marie_10

I was a bit surprised to see how happy she was to be back at her mom's house. I thought surely her and Zak would prefer being on their own with the baby in the flat (at it seemed like a pretty big and luxurious flat). Maybe she likes being at her mom's house so much because more people can look after the baby while she's napping or reading in bed? It made me wonder if she's mentally ready to move into their own house.

I genuinely love her but for the past few years she comes across as incredibly lazy. It seems like the only thing she cares about and can concentrate on is reading.

sheleg

VIP Member
I want the best for my daughter - of course I do - but if she grew up to live off my money and not have a tangible job that she’s committed to, I would feel like I’d failed her.

lurker419

somehow not surprised her dad’s moving to Chicago. The choice to move from London to Memphis was certainly.. interesting. At this point the lives of Jess’s parents are inifinitely more entertaining than Jess’s

• Haha