Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

eilidhh

Just caught up with Miss Exciting for the first time in a while. Imagine having the luxury of moving out of your multi-million pound family home into a fancy flat for a few weeks (all while having your own property renovated) all because one singular bedroom in the house is having some work done on it. My how the other half live.
And imagine describing this situation as "chaos"...

• Haha
Reactions: 34

slugella

VIP Member
This sounds so self pitying but gosh this is tough to see after a hard weekend and a struggle over salary and stability in a career that I actually put in the hours and effort for. I know someone else's success doesn't mean my failure, and I have no problem cheering other people on and being happy for their successes, but this is so insane to me that she's been given a regular spot in a huge newspaper with her attitude and work ethic the past few years.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

snapshotbye

Woah, this is a blast from the past! Just stumbled on this thread after not thinking about Jess for YEARS.

I was an avid watcher ~8 years ago, until I was completely blocked on every social media platform after private messaging her saying that I was a massive fan, but I found some of the things she said in her look books troubling - iirc she was filming an “edgy, urban outfit” costing thousands of pounds in front of a “grotty bit of london i never go to” (it was a block of council flats). Saw her getting called out for doing this years later too, but justifying how tone deaf it is by saying the architecture reminded her of the Barbican.

She’s still a privileged airhead, now with babby and staff!

• Wow
  • Sick

aeiou2468

Honestly her explanations made it worse. The whole creating a safe space, the world is a bit lonely, support my family. People can just join Reddit book clubs for free or forums like this. Why would you, as a wealthy individual in the top 1%, take advantage of that loneliness from people who’ve supported you for years by charging them to join a discord?
100% agree. Why is she weaponising social justice language e.g. “Safe space” in order to manipulate ppl into giving her money? What does she need to be safe from??? Ugh this whole “I wanna build a community” is so disingenuous and actually really quite insidious. What kind of desirable community is built on the foundations of one person financially profiting from others in the name of intimacy, especially when that person is rich beyond words and hasn’t interacted with her audience within the last decade.

Also agree it adds another dimension of icky-ness when she suggests this income is necessary in supporting her family when we all know it is the equivalent of ONE luxury fashion item purchase to her. Ugh, it really gets to me. In a cost-of-living crisis as well lmao. It’s like girlie you’re just back from a three month trip dropping 3 grand a night on a hotel - all the while doing a multi-million pound reno on ur multi-million property. Shes probably been on more holidays than we all have collectively. Why do you not think we have eyes Jess lmao

• Heart

newaccount2022

Chatty Member
She mollycoddles herself to the extreme. It’s always a ‘funny old week this week’ / ‘slow start to the day’ / ‘well deserved rest time’ - who’s she justifying it to, us or her???

I can almost hear her calling herself ‘my love’ in the mirror before she goes to bed.

• Haha
Reactions: 32

Abc802

It is hypocritical to advertise products that are not in line with your values for money.

Especially when in the video, which contains the vegan product, she ate meat and dairy. It doesn't even require a lot of thought. It is pure common sense. Not only that but she owns tons of leather items.

How can she accept money for vegan products when she wears non-vegan products all the time and isn't even trying to be vegan?
I don't follow this logic.
I'm not zero waste but I still bring my tote bags to the grocery store and encourage other people to do the same. Would it be better if I kept using plastic bags until I decide to eliminate all plastic from every aspect of my life? Obviously not.

Reactions: 32

hannah123

VIP Member
Honestly her explanations made it worse. The whole creating a safe space, the world is a bit lonely, support my family. People can just join Reddit book clubs for free or forums like this. Why would you, as a wealthy individual in the top 1%, take advantage of that loneliness from people who’ve supported you for years by charging them to join a discord?

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Elyezabeth

Chatty Member
She's also proven before that she can't even stand normal feedback, so of course she can't take any criticism well. She had that video where she asked people if she should merge her vlogs into her main channel, and then in her next video she said she hadn't read the comments because she was afraid people would disagree with her merging the channels, which she'd already decided she wanted to do. She mentions her privilege mostly with regard to like, social justice issues, whenever she's virtue signaling and trying to exempt herself from the "eat the rich" cries on social media. She doesn't really mention it when she's talking about why she needs $5000 of sweaters from Farfetch or a rental flat in addition to a whole floor of a huge house plus another entire house plus a property in the country.

• Heart

Smca53

VIP Member
So I see she’s got 106 patrons already, giving her about £600 a month.

It really grates on me that she’s said “I don’t know why I didn’t think of making a space like this for us sooner”. She doesn’t even reply to her fucking YouTube comments. If she genuinely wanted to interact with her viewers, that’s the place she would start. Clearly she will only interact with her viewers if they are directly paying her to do so (completely ignoring the fact that her viewers watching her videos actually indirectly pays her anyway through AdSense and any sponsorship she gets off the back of her popularity, and comments on her videos help her engagement).

She’s really pissed me off with all of this Patreon stuff, I was hoping she would see how disgustingly embarrassing it was and drop it before it was launched (like every other project she attempts…) but she hasn’t and I’m unfollowing her on all platforms, I refuse to support this over-privileged greedy scrounger.

• Wow

kenyounot

“As you can see I’ve had a busy day” — sorry, what? We saw you go to the gym in the middle of the day (luxury)..and then wake your own child up from a nap after someone else took care of her all morning (luxury.. go to a lunch paid for by someone else (luxury).. and get a hair cut at a posh salon (luxury).. That isn’t being busy in the way Jess is perceiving it. That’s a life of wealth and privilege.

Lola123

VIP Member
Also saying she doesn’t want innes to associate her being busy at Christmas, what a privileged position she finds herself in, spare a thought for those who work over Christmas and don’t have a choice and have to miss Christmas due to work….. honestly every time she opens her mouth the mask slips a bit more and more

Reactions: 30

newaccount2022

Chatty Member
Yeah I remembered when she occasionally talked about politics during her uni days trying to make it appear clear she was a leftist lol

Then when in a Christmas gift video she said she got voucher tickets so she can “finally eat some real food” I was shocked like girl can you just 🤐
So disturbing when there are people who can’t afford basic stuff and she knows it and still says things like that.

I wonder if her readings will ever have a real impact on her life.
I still remember the video where she said she couldn't follow a vegan diet at Uni as it's too expensive hahahaha. And in the same breath her stepdad would be sending her cases of champagne and she'd be driving her gorgeous car from Edinburgh to London to go home for family holidays to tropical resorts and Africa

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29

newaccount2022

Chatty Member
It’s shady and pathetic that she’s announcing Patreon as her way to ‘support her little family’. Her family is supported and everything else is side money. £600 is pittance, that would barely get her a pair of shoes. Even if she ever manages to average 3-4K a month (which I doubt, her Patrons will drop) that’s still just a few pieces of jewellery and a tattoo to her.

Bottom line: nothing she makes from Patreon will go towards ‘supporting’ her family unless it’s spent on furniture, designer nappy bags or Air BnBs in Edinburgh.

Reactions: 28

Smca53

VIP Member
She’s trying to “squeeze some rest in”? What does she think she’s doing the rest of the time?

• Haha

andreaoid

The reno series is a joke. They should have bought a brand new house. They've gutted the poor house to the point where everything is new despite the fact Jess keeps saying how everything will feel old once finished. Only rebuilding the chimney stacks cost around 25k for both chimneys, they have so much many to burn it's sickening.