Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

marjan

Chatty Member
She just put her patreon up. I actually laughed out loud when reading what comes with each membership level. Can you imagine paying at least 4 euros each month to read her long but shallow book reviews and pay for early access to videos when she doesn't even post videos regularly in the first place?? Make it make sense???

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25

sheleg

VIP Member
Surely nobody would be stupid enough to subscribe to her Patreon. Her mother earns over a million pounds per year. She owns multiple properties. This is some serious late-stage capitalism shit.

• Haha
  • Wow
I used to really like Jess but this Patreon thing and pretence that she needs any money is absolutely infuriating. It’s so jarring seeing people blindly donating to her and then in the next breath her being gifted Prada sunglasses that will just be hoarded and dropping hundreds on trousers at the drop of a hat

jjeett

Chatty Member
Zak would be fucked if they split up. Everyone here talking about how Jess has wasted her life but he's wasted his life for her

• Sad

hannah123

VIP Member
Ngl I'd pay for her 'what I got for Christmas/birthday' videos
I still don’t understand her logic of stopping them, like us seeing her living in basically the penthouse of her mums multi-million pound house for the other 364 days of the year is fine in her eyes, but her showing nice handbags and jewellery for one day was a step too far in the bragging game.

• Haha

On A Roll

Omg the cheapest lodging that beautiful hotel has is 3200/night. In other news, Jess is on Tik Tok.
😬😬😬😬

the amount of money she/her family has is mind blowing. Imagine going on a 2 month road trip around the states staying in $3200/night hotel rooms while your London million pound house is being completely renovated

• Haha
Reactions: 24

kenyounot

I think we can all see how lazy she is from the opening moments of Day 12.. here comes Zak with some coffee for me..in a takeaway cup!! Not only can she not be arsed to make her own beverage, they don't even make it at home in either of the 2 kitchens available to them.

or put the kettle on? 🤣
Lmao they don’t even need to turn on a kettle. Their kitchen sink has a spout specific for boiling water…

• Haha
  • Wow

livic2830

her speech about how it might look soo impressive and unattainable to be her and managing everything like such a #girlboss juggling a career and family is... laughable, worrying, borderline offensive. Does she actually think she is/does all that?? don't worry, love, nobody is impressed by your lazy ass.

lots of youtubers kind of lose touch with reality in terms of what a "busy life" actually means, and how much they actually work/deem as "working", but jess really takes the cake... how can she be around her friends and her parents, and still think she is in any shape or form "busy"????

Last edited:

Crying

Sunbeamsjess #5 I can never commit to a schedule personally, but pay me on Patreon and fund the uncertainty

• Haha

Elyezabeth

Chatty Member
That really annoyed me. Being relatable is all good but some people are looking for escapism, inspiration or just a bougie gift guide? I'm not on youtube for zara hauls. They just ruin it for those of us who are interested in her lifestyle. I don't understand why those people watch her knowing that her family is rich, if they're going to have an issue with it.
I think part of the issue was she always sort of downplayed her family's wealth and tried to act relatable, so people felt betrayed by these random reminders of how rich she really is. Like she talked about food at uni as if she were a broke student, then went home and got $1000 boots for Christmas as just ONE of dozens of lavish gifts.

I think if she just went full luxury vlogger she could lose some followers, but would also gain new ones. On the other hand she still desperately wants to be some badass goth/punk chick with all her tattoos, piercings, and preferring Zak's giant black tees over any of the designer pieces in her wardrobe. So it's possible she'd struggle at either thing, but also possible she'd find a niche she really excelled in if she were just openly true to herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

hdavidthrow

If I had a kid my ultimate dream for them would be to be free of this capitalist hellhole, so as much as it bothers me that Jess doesn’t seem to be aware of how much she exists outside of and yet still benefits from capitalism, … I can’t really blame her or her mother for continuing to live her life that way. I don’t have any problems with how Jess makes her money, I only have a problem with how little she seems to recognize her privilege and how little solidarity she has. Asking for money for patreon from her followers who are probably 99.9% significantly less well off than her? Disgusting. Posting her items on vinted for her followers to buy? Obscene.

• Heart

Anne1448

VIP Member
It's a huge flex in Western Europe to come from a privileged background and yet pretend to dress like a poor person. I believe that the term is "cosplaying poor" or something along those lines.

In the Scandinavian, British, German and French it is very common for wealthy people to pretend that they are like the rest of us.

Like Jess saying that she can't buy new clothes in her recent vlog right after receiving brand new designer clothes from Farfetch for free. Or Amelia Liana telling us how her fridge is the typical bachelorette fridge while omitting to mention that she eats out everyday. Or Fleur de force telling us that she needs a break and flew to Dubai even though she lives in a Manor.

Abc802

The thing about the Patreon that annoys me the most is her going on about "building community" when she never ever responds to comments or anything. If she really wanted a community with her followers, she could have been building that for free.

• Haha

Elyezabeth

Chatty Member
Normally I love Jess's Vlogmas even when it's boring, but this year I watched the first two and haven't bothered to watch any others. I can't believe she has the audacity to get on camera and talk OVER AND OVER about how hard her life is. I do think she's struggling with her mental health, but imo it would be like a relatively fit person talking about how they need to get in better shape, to their obese friend. It's not wrong of her to feel like she's struggling, but she should maybe deal with that a bit more privately since it's super tone deaf to tell her viewers over and over that her life of luxury is just too darn hard for her.

kenyounot

100% an opportunity made possible by her mother purely so that she’d finally have something to say when people ask what her fully adult daughter does for a living besides mooch off her parents’ hard work and trust fund.

• Haha