Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Oh poor me, I never know which tiara to wear on a Tuesday evening……
She needs a slap of reality, I don’t give a flying fuck how much money her parents have made she might COME from a privileged background but right now she’s a bum with a kid who’s shacked up with her boyfriend who’s also a bum with a kid, they’re just lucky enough to be able to do it in comfort and not on a council estate drinking Nescafé gold blend from the savers, reading Tolstoy and not best magazine

• Haha
Reactions: 28

eelaii

Chatty Member
It's true though. If her mother wasn't rich and funding their lifestyle, they would be looked down on and considered a burden to society. At the end of the day, Jess and Zack are both unemployed bums who have an oops baby.

• Haha

sheleg

VIP Member
Jess's golden era was her Edinburgh vlogs and the Vlogtobers/Vlogmases plus the "What I got for..." videos. It was clear that she was rich and privileged, but she seemed like she was doing something with her life, working towards an interesting career in academia or publishing. Now she's just a rich girl reading all day. Not interesting.

Anne1448

VIP Member
What is hypocritical is accepting money to promote products which are not in line with her values at all.

None of you are accepting money to promote a lifestyle that you do not believe in to thousands of people, are you?

Doing your best to promote sustainability is one thing. Jess doesn't care about sustainability one bit. Especially when she:
- has more clothes than a department store
- fly as often as a prime minister
- is constantly driving in London
- is consuming countless coffee from disposable cups

I could go on and on about her lack of care for sustainability. So, I don't know why she even thought that this partnership wouldn't create criticism.

Last edited:
  • Heart

abelleza

Chatty Member
People are acting like YouTube doesn’t pay big big money. She has all the tools to build a big, successful YouTube channel; she’s pretty, she lives in London in a beautiful house, she has the money to invest in hauls and do look books (and a photographer partner). Her new house could have been a massive opportunity for her to gain views and subscribers. House renovations are huge atm, especially turning a run down property into a beautiful London townhouse. But let’s be real, not only is she too lazy to do regular house updates, she’s also doing literally none of the work herself and probably doesn’t want to show that she’s paying architects and contractors to do literally everything. Zack ripped a few bits of wallpaper down and knocked a wall down when they first bought it, but that’s it.

She could be earning hundreds of thousands a year from a successful YouTube channel, not a few hundred a month like she’ll average from Patreon, but she’s too lazy and stupid to pull it off despite having literally all the tools.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

batbanana

I'm sorry but the idea of Jess setting up a patreon is so ridiculous - she keeps saying she wants it to create a community but she doesn't even interact with her subscribers and hasn't done so in years. How greedy!!
I came here after watching this vlog and it baffled me! She is rich, only works when she wants to and everything is an ad. Besides, her vlogs are just boring, she does a little bit of vlogging outside just to get it out of the way then spends 20 minutes talking to the camera. She didn't even show around the flat or the office at her mum's house. What is she gonna charge for? She doesn't even acknowledge her subscribers lol

Rosie2019

I know people say if you don't like someone just don't watch them, but the thing is I do like elements of her content. It's just buried under a lot of a lot of stuff I really dislike. Also I know it's reductive, but if I am able to say online that a TV show is bad, then I should be able to say that a vlog is bad.

• Heart

hannah123

VIP Member
I still remember the video where she said she couldn't follow a vegan diet at Uni as it's too expensive hahahaha. And in the same breath her stepdad would be sending her cases of champagne and she'd be driving her gorgeous car from Edinburgh to London to go home for family holidays to tropical resorts and Africa
or her mum sending her a £300 jo malone advent calendar every year at uni

never forget her doing a photoshoot in a council estate to make the photos look more “grunge and street”, like poor people are an aesthetic, then had to be told by her followers it was inappropriate

• Wow
She also said she doesn't want Ines to associate Christmas with her being very busy.
🤦‍♀️ This prompts my unsubscribing/not watching her anymore after seeing her through her gap year, Edi, her masters, the house and pregnancy. Words fail me. Grow up, girl. Parents work. Your mum worked. Santa didn’t actually squeeze down the chimney with his magic powers and leave thousands of pounds worth of designer goods - YOUR MUM WORKED FOR IT. God I hope she has someone in her life to sit her down and shake her. I was miserable, tired and terrified after uni, but we just have to grow up and get our head out of the clouds (or books).

Why is she so afraid of life when she has everything at her disposal? It could not be any easier for her and she still can’t manage it.

Dipped out of this thread/watching her for a little bit after the 'don't want to be busy at Christmas as it will upset baby' comment, but her House chat/pampering video popped up on my autoplay. Within the first two minutes of the vlog she pretends she rarely buys the Jamaican bum bum cream as its 'a little bit too pricey' and she's sooo glad she can buy it 15% off with Karma. I don't begrudge her an ad at all but don't lie and try to come across as someone who needs the bargain. Just say 'this is my absolute favourite, so happy to be able to get 15% off'. It's scary how brazenly influencers lie in their day to day lives, probably to the point where they end up believing the stuff they're saying. If she really wanted that body cream, she'd just buy it.

I'm so curious to know whether her whole family are moaners and she just knows no different, or if they have just learned to ignore her need to always find a problem. The chronic exhaustion is honestly just weird, either she's lying (??) or she actually is tired but doesn't realise the rest of us down here on planet earth are ALSO tired, we just don't need to say it all. the. time. Because it's just how life is.

Editing to add there's nothing wrong with being tired, because we all are, it's more the fact that she acts so hard done by and never says anything positive or expresses gratitude for anything in her life. It's never 'so glad to be in a position where I can be in this comfortable home with my baby' it's just 'baby is difficult, baby doesn't sleep, impossible to get anything done with baby, haven't done washing in 2 months because of baby'. It's never 'so grateful to be able to work for myself alongside my partner', it's 'not enough sunlight to shoot, have to sit and fill our bullet journals before we can do anything, too awkward to film in public, house is taking ages'.

Last edited:

Elyezabeth

Chatty Member
I just can't get over her completely missing the point of vlogmas and vlogging random days in November. I don't mind when influencers throw in a haul or favorites video or something for a day of Vlogmas, but from Jess it's just so weird. We want to see you opening your massive windows in your beautiful room, opening advent calendars, and doing Lush hauls. Not whining in your pajamas about how hard it is to be a parent with endless resources at your disposal.

• Haha

hannah123

VIP Member
Someone who has shared £800+ of sunglasses needs £3 to support her little family.

God I’m so disappointed, she was my favourite creator years ago. We were doing our masters at the same time, but the further I got into my graduate job and the real world and the further she got into her laziness of 1 video a month, the more I saw problems with her, but this takes the biscuit.

kenyounot

The most irritating thing to me is how Jess plays dress up to fit the role in which she’s pretending to be..tattoo day? Biker chick. House Reno? Blazers and cups of coffee in hand. It’s so transparent. She has no personality of her own anymore. Also why tf is she out of breath with every word that spews from her mouth? It’s unbearable to listen to.

Reactions: 26
I'm still catching up on vlogs, as they've all been so boring that I've been largely disinterested, but is anyone else baffled that in Vlogmas Day 9 she mentions she "really should get an editor"? Why? What on earth would she do all day if she didn't edit her infrequent videos? In the same vlog, all she did was: change her earrings, plan her outfit, ger her nails done.

It isn't even as though she is caring for Ines all the time, which at least would be understandable. I appreciate that she probably doesn't show everything she does in a day, but to talk about how much you miss your baby because of "cramming in" all that work at the start of the week is a bit of a kick in the teeth for those parents who absolutely have to work their socks off to provide for their families five days a week, if not more.

She even said she understands what it feels like to have "less help" because they didn't have a nanny until recently. I was gobsmacked! I've never had a problem with Jess's privilege, really, because I felt she had enough about her to at least vaguely acknowledge it (and she did seem to work reasonably hard at uni). Her comments about how we're probably wondering how she manages it were appalling, though. I think we're probably wondering what she does with her time!

• Wow
Reactions: 26
I'm sorry but.... blogger of the year? Is she joking?! The blog has been down for most of the year, has she published something relevant?

Either the blog community is desperate or she paid to get nominated.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

palmer

Chatty Member
idk but she effectively HAS quit at this point. She's just not saying it out loud. No video in 2 months, no instagram presence in 2 weeks. This girl is a pure joke. Youtubers/instagrammers notoriously lack work ethics, but she's frankly topping the charts at this point. I only ever get reminded of her existence when she has a bare minerals ad. Then she'll come back and be like "hii my loves, I'm swamped with work, so tired, i need a nap". Read the fucking room girl. You're a JOKE.

• Haha

sheleg

VIP Member
Remember when Tattlers knew she was pregnant from her Goodreads! I loved that.

• Haha

newaccount2022

Chatty Member
you are right.
I think, years ago when they bought the house, she said it’s not going to be their „forever home“.
I vaguely remember her speculating that they’d stay for maybe 10 years. If that includes the Reno time she’s close enough to be half way there 🤣

• Haha