Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Just skimmed through a few vlogmas vids to catch up… very surprised and honestly unimpressed with her Patreon idea. It all came off the back of another persons book club, and it just seems unlikely that she wants to ‘get to know’ her long term subs when she hasn’t even pressed like on a comment since she was in Edinburgh. I also do not understand her irrational fear of her YouTube comments - they’re not a safe place to wander? I’ve never seen anything vicious or crude and I’ve watched her for years. She doesn’t get trolls or weirdos, she gets long term subs who are either concerned for her or have grown tired of her.

She’s really rubbing me the wrong way the past few months. Uni and being surrounded by those her own age obviously forced her to ground herself a bit but moving home reverts her back to her spoilt 17 y/o ways and how she really wants to live. If you didn’t know she had a baby, a multi million pound home and multiple degrees you’d be forgiven for thinking she was barely of adult age.

Reactions: 20

queenfeline

She doesn't have a real job, so as much as I want to feel sympathy for her - she gets to spend all this time with her child while most mums have been back doing their regular job while taking care of baby.

Obviously I think depression can hit anyone regardless of circumstance, but it's very grating to have someone complain about tiredness throughout their vlogs when they have heaps of privilege.

Her vlogs are so low energy and so chatty. They can't take that long to make or edit.

midsummer1

Just watched the vlogmas and she's annoying me way more than she used to. The long ramble with 1000 excuses for not posting content, it's just boring and tiring! Same with the stories, if 90% of your content is just apologising and explaining lack of content, you're going to alienate your audience. Hoow can she think people are interested to hear this from her? Also it's not novembermas, the pre-recording thing is irritating

Also, building works go on during the day, not at night, so what's the point of seemingly only being in 'the flat' at night and spending the day at the house ??

blue_bird

She just doesn't understand what hard work actually is and that normal people will still have to grind every single day regardless of whether they've had enough sleep, missed breakfast, are on their period, stayed up all night with the baby, had to take public transport an hour in etc. etc.

In theory, I don't think everyone should have to work but the fact that people like her are able to lounge around for days and then exploit hard working folk out of their money is just disgusting.

Rosie2019

100% would not pay an unreliable person and expect her to create worthwhile regular content.

I don't think Jess is being attacked on tattle, she is being criticized by some of her followers. There is a difference.

palmer

Chatty Member
The thing is, Jess is rich. She always has been and always will be; no matter what she does. She started YouTube as a hobby and it was probably cool to document her uni life and go on fun trips. But she's a mum now. I think most influencers who've fallen into the influencer game can't believe their luck. For Jess, she already did and was going to live a privileged lifestyle filled with whatever her heart desired. Most youtubers were upper middle class, I think, but Jess is another level. So, it doesn't matter to her. She probably doesn't want her new life as a mum and her child plastered all over the internet.
I'm just hoping for more house updates.
Sure, but then don’t complain that you’re so busy, so stressed, and so tired whenever you do come back online once every other month. If she owned that YouTube was a hobby for her it’d be one thing. But she acts like it’s the most demanding job in the world. She also straight up stated herself that she had to work hard on her social media now that she has a baby and a house to provide for. It’s the cognitive dissonance that’s infuriating, don’t you see that?

• Heart

hannah123

VIP Member
What is she even offering with the patreon? I thought the point of patreon was for content creators that are still kinda up and coming and their small audience want to help them put out more content and gain a bigger audience. Didn’t think it was for someone in the top 1% that makes 2 videos a month if we’re being generous and needs money for their fucking huge London house.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Did she really say in the latest vlog that she 'probably won't be able to get much done' on one of the days as they have brunch and then she has book club... like?... seriously?

• Haha

Mooms

Chatty Member
God I bet her neighbours can’t wait for it to be finished! I know not much has been done anyway but the prospect of there being another 3+ years of disruption would get on my nerves considering it’s a terrace

• Heart

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
Is she out of her mind ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣, not a single reply to a YouTube comment in about 7 years but now we should pay to meet her ?
paying to meet a rich person at the start of a recession and cost of living crisis? Has she ever been more tone deaf?

She really is the living end. If you are skint love (which we all know you are not) then put one of your family farmhouses on AirBnb

• Haha

doodlebug

VIP Member
Why am I sad her mum is selling their house lol. It’s the type of house you never sell surely!!

kenyounot

The truth is that even “influencers” need to have consistency and a work ethic in order to make ends meet. Jess isn’t lazy in a job that encourages her laziness. She’s lazy and living off her mother’s success & money. A million pound house, new baby, partner without a job, loads of paid help? That’s beyond lazy actually. It’s entitled and pathetic, and an insult to suggest she works hard for anything.

Author123

Chatty Member
What are the chances that the top tier subscribers are all other family members supporting her?

• Haha

abelleza

Chatty Member
At 38:08 she mentions that her dad’s suggested she work in publishing, which I assume implies that he wants her to get a “real job”. Interesting considering she’s never mentioned her mum or step dad being concerned about her career choices.

I’m not surprised if her parents are disappointed in her. They may be rich, but I know for a fact that becoming a partner in a magic circle firm is incredibly hard work, so her mum clearly knows what it is. And her dad is in medicine I believe? So again, a very challenging field which take serious hard work and brains.
Honestly if I’d worked hard for my daughter to go to one of the best private schools in the country and be given every chance in life, and she’d got to her late twenties without having a proper job, I’d be extremely disappointed.
It wouldn’t even be too bad if she was successful and making serious bank from being an influencer and had maybe had a part time job when she was at school or uni, but to never have had formal employment by her late twenties and be not making millions being an influencer, I’d be worried as hell for her future.

abelleza

Chatty Member
She’s honestly disgusting. The absolute balls on her for thinking she’s a big-time celebrity who can CHARGE for an event. How out of touch with reality can you be?

Edit: Also, I voted no and the results were that like 80% said yes. What is wrong with these people? Why are they enabling her outrageous behaviour.