Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

slugella

VIP Member
An hour long vlog?! Jeez. Way too long. Has anyone watched it? I can't justify losing an hour on it.

Jess: *does bare minimum of one video in 2months*
Her subscribers:
Screenshot_20220425-210617_YouTube.jpg

Though some balance:

Screenshot_20220425-210650_YouTube.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 22

vhhhh

Buying gifts, getting her nails done, going to the gym, going for a walk, driving to the farm are all “tasks” to her in the way going to work is for a regular person

Reactions: 21

Smca53

VIP Member
no need to LMAO.. i dont watch her videos any more and i never was on her other socials.. so i would not have known this.. in any event my point was that she represents herself as an influencer/content creator on her own website as being several years younger than she is..not even bothered to update her own website
Pretty sure the users ‘lmao’ was directed at Jess and the fact she can’t even get it sorted before the end of July (and I would bet anything it gets delayed beyond that)

palmer

Chatty Member
Hiii my loves, having an all nighter due to jet lag so here’s a breakdown of jess’ daily schedule based on vlogember, I mean vlogmas, with some of her most notable quotes. (note the numbers on this list don't necessarily correspond with the vlogs since some of these days were put together in a single video). Tried to give the most accurate picture possible based on what she said.
  1. christmas shopping while baby is being babysat
  2. family outing at winter wonderland
    • “I don’t think we’ll have time for stuff like that in December bc December will be pretty busy so we’re doing it early” …Sure Jan
  3. (Sunday) walk by the river, dinner out with the family
  4. baby with babysitter, Zak editing on the desktop, Jess doing “admin stuff on the laptop”
  5. Zak taking stuff to the storage room, Jess playing with the baby all day, opening/playing with the new vlog camera, watching tv
  6. taking a bath, brunch out, Columbia road flower market
  7. (Wednesday) pre-uploading the above vlogmas videos, baby swimming lesson, management Christmas party
  8. (Thursday) “a busy day” according to the video title… meaning… PT session, Bareminerals lunch, haircut, driving out to the farm
  9. (Friday/Saturday/Sunday) weekend with friends at the farm… shopping, dinner out, garden center
    • “It’s just busy busy busy until Christmas” …Sure Jan
  10. (Monday) clothing haul, editing
  11. (Tuesday) editing, Monika vinader shoot, nail appointment, and apparently talking a LOT of shit:
    • “these days I don’t have time to think about dressing myself even for five minutes, it’s a chuck it on and go situation which means I just go for the same things over and over” …Sure Jan
    • “If you’re thinking 'omg she’s managing to do all this stuff and she has a baby' and if it looks like I’m really achieving, most of the time I am not and I have a lot of help” …no shit Jan
    • “This is definitely the most I’ve been working and the most hours I’ve been away from my baby” …lol… says a lot about how little work she does the rest of the year
    • "i'm super super tired and i know it's gonna catch up with me, i can't sustain this level especially with vlogmas, so i need to find some rest time, i'm hoping i might get a lie in maybe on friday morning" ...oh yes jess please have a lie in, we wouldn't want you to exhaust yourself
    • "i know what it's like to have less help bc we have had less help" ...sure you know what it's like :rolleyes:
  12. (Wednesday) editing, weekly swimming lesson, opening pr packages
  13. (Thursday) PT session, driving to the farm, editing
    • “been running like a headless chicken all over the place today” …Sure Jan
  14. (Friday/Saturday/Sunday) another weekend with friends at the farm
  15. (Monday) tree decorating day 1
  16. (Tuesday) tree decorating day 2 (yes it took 2 days because they had 2 trees), building a cot, driving back to London
    • “it’s all go go go here” …Sure Jan
  17. (Wednesday) laundry, editing, swimming
  18. (Thursday) visiting their dump of a house, shopping, editing, packing
    • “I’m feeling SO overwhelmed” ... “I just need to not overpack but it’s SO hard”
  19. (Friday) packing, driving to Halifax
  20. (Saturday) having a lie in, walk around Halifax
  21. (Sunday) chill day at home, finally watched fucking Klaus
  22. (Monday) filming a look for Bareminerals, walk out to get coffee
  23. (Tuesday) lunch out, garden center
  24. (Wednesday) driving back to the farm
  25. (Thursday) shopping, "admin bits on the computer", getting indie to wrap presents for her, getting zak to clean up the barn for her, getting someone else to set the christmas table
    • "I think if I was to do vlogmas again I would pre-film even more" ...enough said
    • "Ines is aware that I've been busy and been away from her much more...I don't want her to associate christmas with me doing loads of work so who knows if it'll work again in the future" ...obviously this is the most work jess has EVER done since Ines was born, given that she basically does nothing the rest of the year.
    • "the last year has not been great work wise" ...yeah bc you don't do shit??
The basic gist I’m getting from watching a month’s ish worth of Jess’ day to day, is that she essentially thinks of her week the following way: Wednesdays are taken up by Ines’ weekly swimming lesson, Thursdays are taken up by Jess’ weekly PT appointment, Friday to Sunday is their weekend, so that leaves only Mondays and Tuesdays to do anything remotely work related (and she usually procrastinates on those days, or rather, spends those days "planning", "sorting stuff out" or "doing admin bits").

She seems unable to handle more than one "activity" in a given day, even if that thing is just a nail appointment or a facial. It takes up all the space in her head and she feels like her day is full just because she has to get ready, drive to the place, do the thing, get back home, get unready. That alone is already her whole day gone.

Zak literally does all the chores/housework. He picks up her coffee every morning, he cooks breakfast/lunch/dinner for her, he drives, he picks up food for her/does groceries, he does all the errands and various other chores (going to storage room, clearing up the room, etc), he takes her photos, edits some of her videos.

There is no way in hell that she still reads forums about her because if she did she wouldn’t have said half the things she said in these vlogs. She clearly has zero self awareness and genuinely thinks of herself as someone who is busy. She has absolutely no clue how ridiculous she sounds.

Final comment: I can’t believe how much she goes on about editing when her vlogs literally require the most basic editing? She just has to put the clips together and put music over some bits (she uses the SAME music in every single vlog, so there’s not even any originality there either). Feels like this whole vlogmas has been complaining about editing, complaining about buying/wrapping presents, complaining about packing/unpacking, talking about how she wants to watch Klaus but hasn’t gotten round to (even though she watches tv every single night whether it’s strictly, masterchef or whatever else).

TLDR; Jess' life is quite literally a permanent vacation yet she somehow deadass believes she's the busiest person ever.
Sorry, a few more 'interesting' quotes I forgot to include in my post:

• "my back's just so bad... i think it's just all the stuff we've been doing, sitting on uncomfortable chairs to edit...my back really hurts and packing exacerbates it" ...oh jess... all this hard physical labor you've been doing, must be so straining on your physical health

• "we have 8 weeks of washing to put away bc when we came back from the flat it took us a long time to get through that washing and then a long time for zak to iron it all and then we brought it all up in piles and we've been so busy we have not managed to get around to putting it all away" ...i guess zak's job of being jess' slave also includes single-handedly doing all the ironing, on top of cooking, driving, picking up coffee, cleaning, looking after the baby while jess talks to the camera in bed, doing groceries, stopping by the post office, stopping by the construction site, stopping by the storage room, packing, etc.

• "i find packing for christmas so hard, idk what it is because it's just 2 weeks but it always feels like so much more" ...i know jess, all this packing from going to mallorca, moving from your mom's multi million hammersmith house to your fancy london apartment, back to your mom's house, then to your multi million pound oxfordshire property, then back to london, then back to oxfordshire, then up north... ugh so much packing it must be so fucking hard

• "christmas presents gotta be top of the list bc i just don't even know when we will have time to properly wrap them and everything" ...for sure, how will you find time between PT sessions, brunch out, nail salon, hair salon, walks, strictly, klaus, masterchef, doing admin bits... so much to do huh gotta get one of your slaves (indie and zak) to do it ALL!!

• "i class christmas shopping as admin... thinking of gifts, buying gifts, i don't enjoy it. also not a massive fan of wrapping" ...so that's what you meant when you mentioned "doing admin bits" then...makes sense!

• Wow
  • Haha

Mr.Mistoffelees

Chatty Member
Do you guys think she'll move all her book videos to her Patreon? If that's the case, I, and many other people I'm sure, will stop watching her channel because there'll be nothing left to see apart from some depressing, cringely edited quasi vlogs.

I have a feeling her poor, naive Patreon supporters will pay $5+ for a millionaire to complain about how tired she is from doing nothing lol.

Elyezabeth

Chatty Member
The problem with Jess is she's always so soulless with her shilling and spineless with her morals. She could have just said "They're vegan and cruelty-free, so if that's something you look for in your makeup these will be right up your alley!" She always has to pretend she's doing the absolute most she can, and anything else would be logistically or financially infeasible for her. Essentially her "I can't be vegan because I'm too poor" nonsense, repeated over and over in different contexts. At some point she should just say "this isn't what I choose to do." Because she has practically infinite money to put toward ethical and/or sustainable choices and over and over she chooses not to. I don't know how she gets on camera and claims with a straight face that she ever does anything sustainable or environmentally responsible.

• Heart

Hasanah123

VIP Member
😬😬😬😬

the amount of money she/her family has is mind blowing. Imagine going on a 2 month road trip around the states staying in $3200/night hotel rooms while your London million pound house is being completely renovated
Shit like this makes me so so depressed

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
I like Jess. I used to love her uni vlogs and I’m still watching. It’s hard not to feel frustrated about how clueless she is. “Hey guys I’m exhausted….”,”I can’t do two things at once…” Its normal to be tired when your sleep is impacted by a baby, but Jess was tired pre baby, I’m struggling to remember a time when she didn’t mention being tired.

She’s had a life of complete luxury handed to her on a plate. She’s never had to deal with a deadline that really mattered, or a difficult boss/colleague etc. In a way I envy her particularly as like many I’m trapped in a job that I loath & which keeps me awake at night to pay the bills.

Jess not only has a beautiful place to live, she also has The Farm as a getaway. Now she even seems to have her own house there!

kenyounot

Nothing like a road trip through America when gas prices are astronomical. But I guess she’s overdue some time off from being a trust fund princess.

• Haha

batbanana

1638743438653.png

My coment is the only one that's not supportive of the patreon on her vlog and it's highlighted. Let's see what happens first: someone attack me or my comment be deleted lol
and yes, typo on interact 🥲

• Heart

Abc802

It's frustrating because there are some very obvious things she could do to grow her channel (and her income) that she just isn't doing, but she jumps directly to starting a Patreon. Posting a video every day for a month isn't going to make much of a difference if it's just the same boring crap every day.

She could spend ten minutes a day replying to comments and it would probably have more of an impact than the whole month of vlogmas. Or she could say hey vlogs aren't working great for me, let me try a different style of video. You don't even have to be creative, just copy any other booktubers themed video about books, or make some classic YouTube trope videos (GRWM, WIEIAD, routines, etc). Or she could make the renovation pay for itself if she wanted.

I just get mad watching people like waste their success because they won't try the most obvious things.

newaccount2022

Chatty Member
I feel like I'm in the minority when I say that I like her book content because we have similar tastes, but I certainly will never pay for it.
I agree. I think it’s in poor taste for her to not reply to a single YouTube or Instagram comment for the last 5 years and then suddenly turn around and say she wants a ‘community’ on Patreon, i.e. ‘I’ll talk to you if you pay me.’ There are definitely young women (I assume mostly women) who will pay because they yearn for her lifestyle and to emulate her life, when really they’re just going to be leaving themselves another £5 shorter at the end of each month.

• Heart

ECH

VIP Member
I don't think it would matter how frequently she uploaded if the uploads were quality. You know they won't be from Jess. They'll be infrequent 'Hi my loves, sorry for not posting but I've been so busy! My family went to stay in a luxury lodge in South Africa...' posts once a month

• Haha

Mr.Mistoffelees

Chatty Member
Who is she trying to fool with that ridiculous speech? Actions speak louder than words Jess. She doesn't give a flying f*ck about her community, as demonstrated by her lack of engagement with her audience, not doing a single giveaway in years, and general disinterest in YouTube when the monetization isn't optimal (aka every month apart from December).

The thought of the laziest and most privileged booktuber I know setting up a Patreon made me legit nauseous.

Reactions: 20

Abc802

Wild to me that she's been doing this as long as she has and thinks this is good enough lighting for a (sponsored!) haul:
Screenshot_20220514-122236.png

But I guess maybe it is because she's been doing it so long - it's working so far so why improve 🙄

• Haha
  • Angry

kenyounot

She spends more time editing her Instagram bio than making actual content. “Beauty, fashion, culture, lifestyle” …girl stop you haven’t given us true beauty or fashion content in years, and in WHAT WORLD have you ever displayed culture? You shell out thousands of your mums money to stay in luxury resorts abroad 2x a year. That’s neither culture nor lifestyle.

Marie_10

She has a pretty small audience already and I can't really see more than 100 people or so subscribing to her Patreon. Most people only get the cheapest tier which is usually $2. Will Jess really have the motivation to do weekly content for $200 per month? I highly doubt it lmao. Why not instead focus more on YouTube and interacting with her audience on Instagram where she is paid a lot more?

blue_bird

Been lurking but have to speak up on a few points:

The phrase "trans women are women" exists because so many people will not accept a trans woman and misgender them unless they "look" like a woman or have transitioned. And even then, they may still not accept them because they were assigned female at birth. It's a specific phrase *against* this kind of thinking for acceptance.

"People who menstruate" is a more medically accurate term. On a very basic note not all women menstruate - young, cis women who might have medical problems do not menstruate. Older, cis women who have been through menopause no longer menstruate. And then thetr are non-binary and trans folk who do not identify as "women" in there too.

Finally, JKR's essay was full of scaremongering, lacked citations and disagreed with the current science and studies and perpetuates misinformation.

Here is an open letter to JRK from Mermaids, a trans charity, who actually cite their sources:

Here is a Twitter thread that came out at the time that better breaks down paragraph by paragraph all of the issues with the essay:

Oh and it's statistically cis men who are the danger to both cis and trans women. They can come into women's toilets any time they like if they really wanted to attack women and "trans panic" has been used as a defence against attacking or even murdering trans people.

• Heart