Sunbeamsjess #3 Too busy to come up with a thread name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is Jess doing a book haul on stories? She hasn't uploaded on YouTube in almost a month. This could have been an incredibly easy thing to edit and just get something up.
to show off her money and justify her position with the Times of course... pay attention ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
and what about the 12 stories in recent books highlights of her bragging about her bookshelves? I understand that people like the bookshelves thing because they’re ~cute~ but seriously do you wanna focus on the superficial part of bookstagram just because it’s aesthetically pleasing? and the reviews? aka a bunch of obvious opinions and reading plans…I can’t find any full serious review on her ig although she’s technically a bookstagrammer

Reactions: 11
and what about the 12 stories in recent books highlights of her bragging about her bookshelves? I understand that people like the bookshelves thing because they’re ~cute~ but seriously do you wanna focus on the superficial part of bookstagram just because it’s aesthetically pleasing? and the reviews? aka a bunch of obvious opinions and reading plans…I can’t find any full serious review on her ig although she’s technically a bookstagrammer
tbh she's another one like Simon Savidge... I don't see the point of keeping every book you have ever read or in Simon's case a whole room of books you haven't read,,

Reactions: 5
I'm curious, how much do you guys think she is paid for a quarterly article on the Times? If this is a permanent thing and pays enough (or becomes monthly) I could see her quitting youtube and only doing this.

Reactions: 3
idk but she effectively HAS quit at this point. She's just not saying it out loud. No video in 2 months, no instagram presence in 2 weeks. This girl is a pure joke. Youtubers/instagrammers notoriously lack work ethics, but she's frankly topping the charts at this point. I only ever get reminded of her existence when she has a bare minerals ad. Then she'll come back and be like "hii my loves, I'm swamped with work, so tired, i need a nap". Read the bleeping room girl. You're a JOKE.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I am yet again confused about just what she does in my days. I work full time and sometimes I feel like I've got too much free time even with being out the house 40+ hours a week.

Reactions: 10
Not saying she needed it, because she was basically part time to start with, but could she just be taking a bit of a maternity leave? Most women in the UK take 9-12 months and I could see Jess justifying it to herself.

She spends more time editing her Instagram bio than making actual content. “Beauty, fashion, culture, lifestyle” …girl stop you haven’t given us true beauty or fashion content in years, and in WHAT WORLD have you ever displayed culture? You shell out thousands of your mums money to stay in luxury resorts abroad 2x a year. That’s neither culture nor lifestyle.

Reactions: 20
Probably trying to seem more impressive/qualified now that she’s involved with the Times 🙄

Reactions: 8
Not saying she needed it, because she was basically part time to start with, but could she just be taking a bit of a maternity leave? Most women in the UK take 9-12 months and I could see Jess justifying it to herself.
Her baby is over a year old. She has a nanny, a whole family at home to help look after the baby (her partner, mom, sister, and stepdad), and her and her partner both don't work "work from home". More likely, she just thought she needed to take a month off to celebrate her baby's birthday (which was on or around March 25). Wouldn't be surprised if it turned out they've been on a vacation abroad somewhere, but you're telling me you can't post a few pictures, talk to your followers, heck, film even ONE 10-min video in that time? It's even more mindboggling when you know that just a few months ago she was going on about how "things have not been great work wise" and it "needs to be a lot better now because they have a family and a house so the pressure is on". Yeah it's not great because you put in ZERO effort and you have no work ethic. Get a grip. I really can't imagine she's getting paid much at all for that Times column.

Reactions: 16

TDLR: *IF* she is being paid and this isn’t some ad hoc position, she would be considered freelance and likely makes no more than £300 per article. So £1200 a year (being overly generous considering her mum probably negotiated a bigger payout rate on her behalf) — her “annual salary” through this gig couldn’t pay for a sleeve on one of her overpriced luxury jumpers.

Reactions: 12
Her baby is over a year old. She has a nanny, a whole family at home to help look after the baby (her partner, mom, sister, and stepdad), and her and her partner both don't work "work from home". More likely, she just thought she needed to take a month off to celebrate her baby's birthday (which was on or around March 25). Wouldn't be surprised if it turned out they've been on a vacation abroad somewhere, but you're telling me you can't post a few pictures, talk to your followers, heck, film even ONE 10-min video in that time? It's even more mindboggling when you know that just a few months ago she was going on about how "things have not been great work wise" and it "needs to be a lot better now because they have a family and a house so the pressure is on". Yeah it's not great because you put in ZERO effort and you have no work ethic. Get a grip. I really can't imagine she's getting paid much at all for that Times column.
Ohhhh is she, I thought the baby was only born in December, I guess that shows how little she’s uploaded that over a year feels like a few months. God knows where I got the idea the baby was born in December when it was March last year.

Reactions: 2
Remember when Tattlers knew she was pregnant from her Goodreads! I loved that.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
She also got even more intent on making content last year around the time Ines was born. I remember joking at the time about how it was silly of her to say she was going to be taking a few weeks' maternity leave when typically she goes even longer than that between posting anyway. I think she's just run out of steam (as usual) after making grand proclamations of what she's going to be creating for her "loves."

(Hello, new poster here) checked the thread to see if there was any given reason for Jess’ absence, then I saw the news column. I wouldn’t be surprised if book content stops because she feels it now needs to be sponsored to feature.

I think that’s where her channel went wrong in all honesty - Jess posted fashion videos then would only post if Topshop, Lyst etc. sponsored. Would post beauty things then would only publish sponsored beauty content. Now it’ll be books.

Don’t have anything at all against people getting sponsors but I don’t see the point at this stage - are people really ‘influenced’ into buying the things she posts about?

I’m actually put off by her book recommendations. When she said she liked “Ducks Newburyport”, it was game over for me. Who has time for that sort of navel-gazing, emperor’s new clothes literary fiction? Not me, bruv.

Reactions: 9
I’m actually put off by her book recommendations. When she said she liked “Ducks Newburyport”, it was game over for me. Who has time for that sort of navel-gazing, emperor’s new clothes literary fiction? Not me, bruv.
I actually got that based on her recommendation (I know, honestly, don’t.) and it’s one of the very, very, very few books I DNF’d.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The thing is, Jess is rich. She always has been and always will be; no matter what she does. She started YouTube as a hobby and it was probably cool to document her uni life and go on fun trips. But she's a mum now. I think most influencers who've fallen into the influencer game can't believe their luck. For Jess, she already did and was going to live a privileged lifestyle filled with whatever her heart desired. Most youtubers were upper middle class, I think, but Jess is another level. So, it doesn't matter to her. She probably doesn't want her new life as a mum and her child plastered all over the internet.
I'm just hoping for more house updates.

Reactions: 13
True. It’s all just a little extra bonus, but there is no real need to earn an income and make sure you earn enough for when the influencer phase comes to an end.

The thing is, Jess is rich. She always has been and always will be; no matter what she does. She started YouTube as a hobby and it was probably cool to document her uni life and go on fun trips. But she's a mum now. I think most influencers who've fallen into the influencer game can't believe their luck. For Jess, she already did and was going to live a privileged lifestyle filled with whatever her heart desired. Most youtubers were upper middle class, I think, but Jess is another level. So, it doesn't matter to her. She probably doesn't want her new life as a mum and her child plastered all over the internet.
I'm just hoping for more house updates.
Sure, but then don’t complain that you’re so busy, so stressed, and so tired whenever you do come back online once every other month. If she owned that YouTube was a hobby for her it’d be one thing. But she acts like it’s the most demanding job in the world. She also straight up stated herself that she had to work hard on her social media now that she has a baby and a house to provide for. It’s the cognitive dissonance that’s infuriating, don’t you see that?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.