Styled by Susie #2 please don’t sue, We tried to be kind now why can’t you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't doubt she will donate from the patreon sales as she's said she will but I don't see them donating from their own salaries, have they said thats what they plan to do?
No they haven’t mentioned if SBS is contributing anything at all. So all they have done is increased the price so that clients donate to her chosen charity. There is no mention of any contributions from Susie or the team. Just that the patron clients are paying a monthly donation to her chosen charity.

Reactions: 4
I don't doubt she will donate from the patreon sales as she's said she will but I don't see them donating from their own salaries, have they said thats what they plan to do?
Yes thats what I meant donating from themselves, just realised how that came across 🤣 i didn't mean they weren't going to actually give the charity the patreon money. Just incase I end up getting sued by susie

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Sarah's story on Instagram says all online services are refilled at 8pm tonight.

When I checked an hour ago I could buy everything except a bra analysis 🙃

Reactions: 1
No they haven’t mentioned if SBS is contributing anything at all. So all they have done is increased the price so that clients donate to her chosen charity. There is no mention of any contributions from Susie or the team. Just that the patron clients are paying a monthly donation to her chosen charity.
So SBS makes all their members make a COMPULSORY donation EVERY month yet nothing directly from the business itself?
It would have been much better PR to announce that SBS were donating a percentage of all, let’s say Gold Analysis, sales for 2021 to the charity but no, let the customers do it instead. But it’s not about the money, no way Pedro! ;)
Why have a dog and bark yourself, eh?

Yet SBS members think it’s a wonderful gesture! 🙄

Reactions: 12
So SBS makes all their members make a COMPULSORY donation EVERY month yet nothing directly from the business itself?
It would have been much better PR to announce that SBS were donating a percentage of all, let’s say Gold Analysis, sales for 2021 to the charity but no, let the customers do it instead. But it’s not about the money, no way Pedro! ;)
Why have a dog and bark yourself, eh?

Yet SBS members think it’s a wonderful gesture! 🙄
Does it provide some kind of tax break?

Small drama this morning on the new group. Someone figured out that Emily was no longer in the group and was accusing the admin of kicking her out. They had to clarify about 4 times that this wasn't true 🤦‍♀️ but implied heavily that she would be back at some future point in time. Maybe she is going solo!

Small drama this morning on the new group. Someone figured out that Emily was no longer in the group and was accusing the admin of kicking her out. They had to clarify about 4 times that this wasn't true 🤦‍♀️ but implied heavily that she would be back at some future point in time. Maybe she is going solo!
Interesting. I see she's been doing bespoke outfit inspo on her IG stories over the weekend. Picks a popular outfit from Pinterest or the press and then shows you pieces available on the high street that you can get to recreate the look. It struck me as something a bit different and new and it seems to be all her own idea, not a SBS thing. Certainly the other stylists I followed weren't doing it too.

Reactions: 7
Interesting. I see she's been doing bespoke outfit inspo on her IG stories over the weekend. Picks a popular outfit from Pinterest or the press and then shows you pieces available on the high street that you can get to recreate the look. It struck me as something a bit different and new and it seems to be all her own idea, not a SBS thing. Certainly the other stylists I followed weren't doing it too.
That group is hilarious 🤣 people literally fuming about it. Im sure Emily is a lovely woman and she comes across so but she isn't the be all and end all of a page!

She is already Self Employed under SBS so nothing to suggest she can't go solo, she would make a tidy profit from the ladies in that group

Reactions: 3
Quite shocking that one of the members of the new FB group with social media / marketing experience reached out to Susie to offer some advice, but the message was received / intercepted by MHS! Can only imagine how that conversation went down...!! 😳😱

Maybe Susie is being held hostage virtually, if she’s handed over the controls to all her accounts? 😂
Look out for “help us” blinks or signals on the stylists’ insta stories.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
The new group as a whole is OK but there are some posts in there that are really pissing me off. There was one yesterday about us "trolls" again and but the time I'd written my reply (essay) the comments had been switched off.

I'm annoyed that the post this morning was quick to bakc up SBS and say they had nothing to do with Emily's departure but they can't defend these threads? I'm over being called a troll because we have decided to go against the crowd and be honest about our experiences.

It feels like it's becoming a spin off group, which is fine, but not what I joined for. It would be great if there were more posts regarding other stylists - highlight a new stylist every day even? Just something that wasn't plugging SBS all the time.

In regard to the departure, I find the whole thing odd and all the secrecy odd... No disrespect but these women are not very well known stylists in the big scheme of things yet there is now some really strange 'celebrity' like culture that is now surrounding them? And the fan girling is bizzare. I get it, I do, I understand some people can hold a bigger influence on you than you may have intended initially, especially if there is some relatability (busy mums, business owners, etc) but... I think some people need to get a grip. Ultimately, these people are trying to run a business; they may care about their clients and their 'needs' on a very basic level, but beyond that, it's money. It's always about money. If it weren't, this tit wouldn't have kicked off as it has and the stylists who've kept quiet would be making a stand against the behaviour

Reactions: 17
The new group as a whole is OK but there are some posts in there that are really pissing me off. There was one yesterday about us "trolls" again and but the time I'd written my reply (essay) the comments had been switched off.

I'm annoyed that the post this morning was quick to bakc up SBS and say they had nothing to do with Emily's departure but they can't defend these threads? I'm over being called a troll because we have decided to go against the crowd and be honest about our experiences.

It feels like it's becoming a spin off group, which is fine, but not what I joined for. It would be great if there were more posts regarding other stylists - highlight a new stylist every day even? Just something that wasn't plugging SBS all the time.

In regard to the departure, I find the whole thing odd and all the secrecy odd... No disrespect but these women are not very well known stylists in the big scheme of things yet there is now some really strange 'celebrity' like culture that is now surrounding them? And the fan girling is bizzare. I get it, I do, I understand some people can hold a bigger influence on you than you may have intended initially, especially if there is some relatability (busy mums, business owners, etc) but... I think some people need to get a grip. Ultimately, these people are trying to run a business; they may care about their clients and their 'needs' on a very basic level, but beyond that, it's money. It's always about money. If it weren't, this tit wouldn't have kicked off as it has and the stylists who've kept quiet would be making a stand against the behaviour
This pretty much sums up my feelings too.

There must be some kind of "non-compete" clause in the stylists contracts, no one on earth would employ them under the SBS name and not impose some kind of garden leave (or whatever it is when self-employed) if they choose to leave and start their own business.

I do feel sorry for the stylists, maybe they are happy, or maybe they are like I would: you naively sign in to work for SBS in a business model and ethos that you like, and you end up working for the Hustle... Even if you are only there for the money, that must still hurt.

Reactions: 2

That's why I left - not following any of the stylists now but have watched Emily's stories and really liked the way she did the outfits.

I’m not sure that SBS would have thought about a garden leave clause as they are self employed. Reading between the lines I think Emily is going to tell SBS to bog off and start out on her own then will rejoin the group.
Ohhhhhh that would be amazing!

There must be some kind of "non-compete" clause in the stylists contracts, no one on earth would employ them under the SBS name and not impose some kind of garden leave (or whatever it is when self-employed) if they choose to leave and start their own business.

I do feel sorry for the stylists, maybe they are happy, or maybe they are like I would: you naively sign in to work for SBS in a business model and ethos that you like, and you end up working for the Hustle... Even if you are only there for the money, that must still hurt.
My point wasn't so much about the stylists in my last comment. I meant more the people in the new Facebook group who are acting as if the stylists and Susie are their personal friends and as if they ow them somthing. We pay/paid them for a service. Yes they may have been nice to some customers but that doesn't mean that the brand deserve this dramatic loyalty that is being shown by some of the group members; members who are either choosing not to actually read these threads and are following blindly what everyone else it telling them or are reading them but in some kind of denile that people have had bad experiences.

I agree with you in terms of some of the stylists. Based on the claims of SBS, if I was a stylist, I'd be very drawn into wanting to work for them and I'd be gutted if I learnt that wasn't actually what they stood for. However, I would do everything I could to remove myself and any followers I had individually, away from said brand.

I do understand that there are sometimes legalities that can stop that being an easier process but I feel in this case, people are just stuck in her bubble still.

I'm not saying I'm right by the way. These are just the ramblings of a very sleep deprived (and very scratched) owner of two 10 week old kittens 😂

Side track slightly and thinking of a new thread name: Styled by Susie - When 'Trolls' Fight Back!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My point wasn't so much about the stylists in my last comment. I meant more the people in the new Facebook group who are acting as if the stylists and Susie are their personal friends and as if they ow them somthing. We pay/paid them for a service. Yes they may have been nice to some customers but that doesn't mean that the brand deserve this dramatic loyalty that is being shown by some of the group members; members who are either choosing not to actually read these threads and are following blindly what everyone else it telling them or are reading them but in some kind of denile that people have had bad experiences.

I agree with you in terms of some of the stylists. Based on the claims of SBS, if I was a stylist, I'd be very drawn into wanting to work for them and I'd be gutted if I learnt that wasn't actually what they stood for. However, I would do everything I could to remove myself and any followers I had individually, away from said brand.

I do understand that there are sometimes legalities that can stop that being an easier process but I feel in this case, people are just stuck in her bubble still.

I'm not saying I'm right by the way. These are just the ramblings of a very sleep deprived (and very scratched) owner of two 10 week old kittens 😂

Side track slightly and thinking of a new thread name: Styled by Susie - When 'Trolls' Fight Back!
Yes to the new thread name!!

A lot of the people on the new group were moaning about the awful comments on here and I asked to be directed to them and they said they were awful words used to describe the stylists and their clients but couldn't actually show me what had been said so I did tell her to go and read the threads and she replied that she already had and could see why susie was in a bad place when every comment is personally ripping her apart.

I dont agree with that in the slightest. People are pulling the business apart because its being badly run and managed not actually being personal towards susie herself.

I have come off the new Facebook page and will stick with joys group as I love that much more.

Reactions: 8
Yes to the new thread name!!

A lot of the people on the new group were moaning about the awful comments on here and I asked to be directed to them and they said they were awful words used to describe the stylists and their clients but couldn't actually show me what had been said so I did tell her to go and read the threads and she replied that she already had and could see why susie was in a bad place when every comment is personally ripping her apart.

I dont agree with that in the slightest. People are pulling the business apart because its being badly run and managed not actually being personal towards susie herself.

I have come off the new Facebook page and will stick with joys group as I love that much more.
I'm in Joys group too, can confirm it is great, such a supportive atmosphere and no sense of heirarchy. Joy is just as much a member of the group as the rest of us, no fan girling, she is a lovely lady and genuine too. I just had my body shape analysis re done by her and she has confirmed my suspicion that I was also analysed wrongly, not a pear actually an hour glass! (Hi Joy, you'll know who I am now haha)

Reactions: 3
I'm in Joys group too, can confirm it is great, such a supportive atmosphere and no sense of heirarchy. Joy is just as much a member of the group as the rest of us, no fan girling, she is a lovely lady and genuine too. I just had my body shape analysis re done by her and she has confirmed my suspicion that I was also analysed wrongly, not a pear actually an hour glass! (Hi Joy, you'll know who I am now haha)
I love how you can ask for something or some help and Joy ALWAYS replies on the group with ideas etc.. its so much more than susies group ever was. The value i get from the group is more than the hundreds I spent at sbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.