Strictly Come Dancing 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The S*n also claimed that Faye clashed with him. That's a new one.

Who are we down to now? Just Rose & Debbie?

Reactions: 7
I can't bring myself to watch the Irish Dancing With the Stars but think it's fair to say the scoring is a lot more realistic. Think 24 was the highest score in week 1. Love how they describe it at "cheerful" when he legitimately looks like he'd have more fun at a funeral.

Screenshot_20240108-043610.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I can't bring myself to watch the Irish Dancing With the Stars but think it's fair to say the scoring is a lot more realistic. Think 24 was the highest score in week 1. Love how they describe it at "cheerful" when he legitimately looks like he'd have more fun at a funeral.

View attachment 2675046
That guy was their Les Dennis equivalent, barely moved! Though I do like that on DWTS Ireland, the celebs generally come on to have a good time rather than being too serious.

The 24 was for Michelle's boyfriend who is partnered up with Blu from UK Drag Race. It didn't feel like an 8 worthy dance to me, though I get the impression that drag queens are almost guaranteed high scores regardless of their dance skill because they can perform.

Reactions: 6
That guy was their Les Dennis equivalent, barely moved! Though I do like that on DWTS Ireland, the celebs generally come on to have a good time rather than being too serious.

The 24 was for Michelle's boyfriend who is partnered up with Blu from UK Drag Race. It didn't feel like an 8 worthy dance to me, though I get the impression that drag queens are almost guaranteed high scores because they can perform.
Yeah I was glad to see 17, and 16 scores. Just seems more realistic tbh. The Drag Queens do tend to do well based on past series but eventually the other celebs do catch up or maybe they just learn to relax more!

Maybe I should watch it!?😅

Reactions: 1
If it is true that the producers put Giovanni before the celebs that have complained about him no wonder they find it hard to find ‘well known/current’ celebs to do the show.

Reactions: 8
God what a mess. So he’s briefing the rags that the others (Vito? Nikita? Graz?) are jealous of him? It does sound like there’s trouble behind the scenes. Surprised they didn’t mention him not appearing for the final celebration.
Why would the show have him back at this stage, apart from for Beryl pacification?

Reactions: 15
Whatever is going on Gio is starting to come across as toxic to the happy family strictly brand.

They should just not renew his contract for next series regardless

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It’s the classic narcissistic response to criticism, making himself the victim and stating that others are jealous.
He is all about the money. His dance classes are £60 each and he taught 250 people yesterday. Not bad for a Sunday when he is about to embark on his expensive solo tour too.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Why do people keep saying how come he got on with Rose if he didn’t get on with Amanda(/Ritchie/Ranvir/Laura) without realising that it is actually possible to get on some people and not others and also that whenever he looked at Rose he just saw a glitterball and he wasn’t putting that in jeopardy for a kit kat break.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Ooh. So if the BBC are standing by him then they think he’s done nothing wrong?

twit.
They also stood behind Anton with the racist comment and Bruce when he backed Anton up on it just being banter or some such

Reactions: 12
They also stood behind Anton with the racist comment and Bruce when he backed Anton up on it just being banter or some such
The BBC are tit, as are all the people on social media who are slating Amanda because Saint Gio could not possibly do any wrong. Juliet locked down the Gio posts in her group last night so she didn’t come back to war this morning.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yeah I'm on Amanda's side in this now, this is what happens when you let someone away with bad behaviour for too long.

I always wondered what happened between him and Maura Higgins, hope she's feeling smug now!

Reactions: 11
Why do people keep saying how come he got on with Rose if he didn’t get on with Amanda(/Ritchie/Ranvir/Laura) without realising that it is actually possible to get on some people and not others and also that whenever he looked at Rose he just saw a glitterball and he wasn’t putting that in jeopardy for a kit kat break.
Exactly. He knew from day 1 she was winning, he even requested her.

Then after they won people were saying how he was sooo good with Rose (so patronising) such a gentleman:rolleyes:

Then he won the bafta (for a dance he didn't choreograph) making his ego go out of control.

People liked their partnership, but i think she would have won with any pro. She didn't win specifically because of him. Bet he regrets not leaving on a high. Doubt he'll be back.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Also interesting that it’s Ranvir who is on the front page. I’m sure she won’t be happy with that as she hasn’t mentioned him for years. It was public knowledge that they’d clashed at the time and then he changed his training methods and she loved him. It was whatever happened after the show that left them not speaking…

Still not clear if the BBC actually investigated and said he did nothing wrong?

(I imagine the pro WhatsApp group is lit (the one without Gio). Normally it’s just Gorka sending workout pics and Vito putting in animal videos, with the odd inspirational quote from Dianne and Luba)

Attachments

Also interesting that it’s Ranvir who is on the front page. I’m sure she won’t be happy with that as she hasn’t mentioned him for years. It was public knowledge that they’d clashed at the time and then he changed his training methods and she loved him. It was whatever happened after the show that left them not speaking…

(I imagine the pro WhatsApp group is lit (the one without Gio). Normally it’s just Gorka sending workout pics and Vito putting in animal videos, with the odd inspirational quote from Dianne and Luba)
Come on you know Neil is going to be posting on that group multiple times a day. I had the pleasure of his 1st day in the life tour vlog come up on my FYP last night. I’m so pleased I got to see everything he packed for the tour. He’s like Karen in that his social media use is that of someone 20 odd years younger than him. I can’t believe he is in his 40s. I’m sure he isn’t a horrible guy or anything but he’s such a needy attention seeker. Still at least when rehearsals start we might get a glimpse of the others.

Neither Gio or Amanda are going to come out of this unscathed.

Lorraine is now talking about “calls for Giovanni to be removed according to The Sun”, basically repeated what has been said by the paper and BBC’s response that no complaint has been made as yet. Lorraine suggested that they may need to look into it.
Layton is also on after the break, hope they don’t drag him into it.

Reactions: 9

Whatever has gone off, it’s going to be difficult to come back from with other pro’s being ‘officially’ brought in.

Reactions: 6
The BBC have countered Amanda's supposed allegations:

"A source told the Mail: 'Amanda's reason for quitting Strictly was an entirely different one to her PTSD.

'She told production of a totally different medical condition [GP Vita-induced urticaria?] and they [were] hugely supportive of her and did all they could to help.

'Nobody seems to quite understand what is going on here.'"

Seems she asked for the tapes before Christmas

Well, “A source told the Mail”, rather than the BBC offering a direct comment.

If legal proceedings are potentially in the offing all involved parties will have been advised to say nothing at all.
---
I hadn’t realised until yesterday (even though it’s obvious, when I think about it), that there was an interpreter present all/most of the time for Rose.

The perpetual presence of someone hired purely to advocate on behalf of your partner would certainly create a ‘unique’ dynamic.

Reactions: 17
the thing that's sticking with me is apparently amanda was a superfan and that's why we should have all been so sorry for her withdrawing 🥺 (per many twitter and fb posts at the time)

but!

how the hell can one be a "superfan" without realising that gio can be a twit? have you actually watched this show?!?

honestly, they deserved each other
I think there must be differences between being an observer and trained to your limits!

These pro dancers have probably had to push themselves incredibly hard to succeed in the dance world, my friend studied ballet as a teenager, where its well known if you ever go up en pointe, your toes inevitably bleed because its so painful, especially when you first do it. Gio is an amazing dancer, and probably used to pushing himself and his body to their limits.

But, personally I would never train to the point of pain. And if someone expects me to do this, I would refuse. But then I have no ambition at all to be a dancer or sports person! Amanda showed some promise and some ability in her early dances, but she also is in her fifties and perhaps had home committments that she needed to be involved with, so couldn't do the training Gio was expecting.

Its a mess.

Its meant to be a happy friendly dance show, but its obvious some contestants and some pros! are more determined and more able than others. Amanda obviously felt she was pushed further than she thought was fair or reasonable. Which in her case may have financial implications?

Reactions: 16
I want to know what Gio has on the producers etc. It isn’t just his attitude towards how he teaches the celeb but his attitude towards strictly in general. He makes snarky remarks about the show and his fellow professionals that he sells as a joke. I went to his tour last year and he was rude about the town I live in - yes it was meant to be joke but you could tell he meant it as well. His snarky comments aren’t jokes. This year his face showed so much disdain towards Vito and then he was no where to be seen at the end to congratulate Vito and Ellie.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.