Strictly Come Dancing 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, “A source told the Mail”, rather than the BBC offering a direct comment.

If legal proceedings are potentially in the offing all involved parties will have been advised to say nothing at all.
---

I hadn’t realised until yesterday (even though it’s obvious, when I think about it), that there was an interpreter present all/most of the time for Rose.

The perpetual presence of someone hired purely to advocate on behalf of your partner would certainly create a ‘unique’ dynamic.
And (presumably) one of the few times there wasn't we have a video of him storming in and shouting. 👀

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I suppose ro be pedantic, she wouldn’t have actually been diagnosed with PTSD at that point.
Exactly, what part of "post" don't they get?

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Giovanni didn't come back this year. With all of this being brought up the articles are also talking about his previous partnerships where there was tension. It's a bad look for him.

Reactions: 7
And (presumably) one of the few times there wasn't we have a video of him storming in and shouting. 👀
I don't think Rose did have her interpreter around all the time, pretty sure she was only in the initial sessions, and Rose relied on lip-reading otherwise. I remember her turning her hearing aid down so she didn't have to listen to him though 😂

---

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Giovanni didn't come back this year. With all of this being brought up the articles are also talking about his previous partnerships where there was tension. It's a bad look for him.
I would also be surprised to see him back - surely celebs would now request not to get him.

Reactions: 12

I think if anything gets him it will be the stuff about the other pros being ‘jealous’.

Reactions: 6
This is now two series in a row where the discussion around Gio has been negative: last year there was the Richie situation, and the 'confrontation' between him & Graz at the end of the final; this year it's been his general can't-be-arsed attitude, early reports of pre-show rows between him & Amanda, Amanda's withdrawal, his apparent disengagement when contractually compelled to turn up on a Saturday night, possible tension with Vito, him missing from the big celebratory moment of the final, potential legal action, comments from former partners resurfacing ...

It's really not looking like he has a future on the show.

Reactions: 19
Even if they can't comment on specifics, I think the BBC need to put out something like a 'we always take any complaints very seriously' type statement, or just 'we have reached out to those involved to try and resolve the issue'. Because at best, what's currently happening is making them look a bit clueless, and at worst it's making them look like they don't take any complaints or allegations seriously

It's of course possible that Amanda hasn't gone directly to them as is doing this via the press, but they still need to at least make it look like they have more of a handle on things

I always thought the main reason Brendan was dropped was because it was becoming increasingly obvious that his partners were having a miserable Strictly experience, so if it gets to that point with Gio, surely it's better to let him go...

What happened between Gio and Graz? Surely Graz is one of the least confrontational pros they have?

Reactions: 1
What happened between Gio and Graz? Surely Graz is one of the least confrontational pros they have?
When Jowita & Hamza won, when they showed the celebratory ‘huddle’ at the end Gio and Graz were a little bit away from the main group having what appeared to be an ‘animated’ exchange.

Perhaps it was nothing and the camera just happened to catch a few ambiguous seconds that were open to interpretation. Italians are certainly ‘gesticulatory’ in their interactions, and I guess enthusiasm could look like confrontation when context is lacking 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
When Jowita & Hamza won, when they showed the celebratory ‘huddle’ at the end Gio and Graz were a little bit away from the main group having what appeared to be an ‘animated’ exchange.

Perhaps it was nothing and the camera just happened to catch a few ambiguous seconds that were open to interpretation. Italians are certainly gesticulatory’ in their interactions, and I guess enthusiasm could look like confrontation when context is lacking 🤷‍♀️
Gio really doesn’t like to celebrate others wins does he? Was he seeing Jowita then?
I think the other pros really do seem to be close and supportive of each other. I feel like Gio thinks he is better than them.

Reactions: 10

Perhaps it was nothing and the camera just happened to catch a few ambiguous seconds that were open to interpretation. Italians are certainly gesticulatory’ in their interactions, and I guess enthusiasm could look like confrontation when context is lacking 🤷‍♀️
I think graz was telling gio to go and hug Jowita?

Reactions: 3

Perhaps it was nothing and the camera just happened to catch a few ambiguous seconds that were open to interpretation 🤷‍♀️
Graz was definitely telling Gio that he needed to congratulate Jowita (whom he was presumably dating by then). And then Gio went over and hugged her.
(Sidenote: I love how Graz takes charge of the celebrations, last year telling Gio to man up and kiss his girlfriend, and this year lifting Vito, even though Bobby was RIGHT THERE and was the obvious lifter)

Even if they can't comment on specifics, I think the BBC need to put out something like a 'we always take any complaints very seriously' type statement, or just 'we have reached out to those involved to try and resolve the issue'. Because at best, what's currently happening is making them look a bit clueless, and at worst it's making them look like they don't take any complaints or allegations seriously

It's of course possible that Amanda hasn't gone directly to them as is doing this via the press, but they still need to at least make it look like they have more of a handle on things

I always thought the main reason Brendan was dropped was because it was becoming increasingly obvious that his partners were having a miserable Strictly experience, so if it gets to that point with Gio, surely it's better to let him go...
I agree, and it should also be done, in the interest of fairness, to both parties.

None of us know what happened and maybe we never will, but it's quite damaging to both of them to allow speculation to run and run without some kind of statement or intervention by the BBC. Those who support Amanda will continue to believe that Gio is the devil incarnate, and vice versa.

I do hope that the producers are looking at (sorry in advance for the cliché) what lessons can be learned from this. As well as the overall health and well-being of those who take part. So no more scary stunts, and less pressure all around re long hours.

This is meant to be a sparkly light entertainment show, after all. 💃🕺

Agree the BBC/Strictly ought to have done a bland - we take any complaint seriously and investigate etc.

Reactions: 6
Graz was definitely telling Gio that he needed to congratulate Jowita (whom he was presumably dating by then). And then Gio went over and hugged her.
(Sidenote: I love how Graz takes charge of the celebrations, last year telling Gio to man up and kiss his girlfriend, and this year lifting Vito, even though Bobby was RIGHT THERE and was the obvious lifter)
Graz does appear to be the Dad of the group. When Layton and Nikita got their first 40 I think Graz was as excited as they were 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I agree, and it should also be done, in the interest of fairness, to both parties.

None of us know what happened and maybe we never will, but it's quite damaging to both of them to allow speculation to run and run without some kind of statement or intervention by the BBC. Those who support Amanda will continue to believe that Gio is the devil incarnate, and vice versa.

I do hope that the producers are looking at (sorry in advance for the cliché) what lessons can be learned from this. As well as the overall health and well-being of those who take part. So no more scary stunts, and less pressure all around re long hours.

This is meant to be a sparkly light entertainment show, after all. 💃🕺
I honestly think the worst thing was the ‘source close to Giovanni’ comment about the other pros being jealous.

A whipped up media spat with a chippy celeb that is never going to cross the Strictly threshold again has been survived before and will be again. Pulling the curtain back on the fact the pros aren’t just one big bundle of friendship and joy and having people studying the Clauditorum even more than now for clues or seeing who Anton marks down for being mean to his mate … not so much.

as far as Gio and Amanda are concerned, I’d go for 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. I think the main problem lies with the Production team for doing their usual impression of an ostrich and hoping that it just sorts itself out without them.

Reactions: 11
Graz does appear to be the Dad of the group. When Layton and Nikita got their first 40 I think Graz was as excited as they were 😂
Yes, his face was a picture. 😁

I always notice him in the Clauditorium, ever ready with pats on the back and hugs and general celebration for everyone.

• Heart
I honestly think the worst thing was the ‘source close to Giovanni’ comment about the other pros being jealous.

A whipped up media spat with a chippy celeb that is never going to cross the Strictly threshold again has been survived before and will be again. Pulling the curtain back on the fact the pros aren’t just one big bundle of friendship and joy and having people studying the Clauditorum even more than now for clues or seeing who Anton marks down for being mean to his mate … not so much.

as far as Gio and Amanda are concerned, I’d go for 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. I think the main problem lies with the Production team for doing their usual impression of an ostrich and hoping that it just sorts itself out without them.
It does make me wonder if Gio was actually the source for the S*n's story about Vito and Ellie fauxmancing. I know he's claimed to hate the Sun but I remember a fan spotted he has both the Sun and Mail apps on his phone 🤣

Anyway, the boys are back in town! from Nikita's story - Vito looks like he's still mentally back on the farm

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Graz seems an absolute sweetheart, I noticed his support for Vito in the Clauditorium - telling him he had lipstick on his nose after the AT and then making sure to reassure him after the show-dance.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Graz seems an absolute sweetheart, I noticed his support for Vito in the Clauditorium - telling him he had lipstick on his nose after the AT and then making sure to reassure him after the show-dance.
He does. I was not at all surprised to see that he is to partner Annabel on the tour.

He seems to have a very caring, nurturing nature.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.