Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Another update. I’m sure Richie unfollowed Gio ages ago. Zoe Ball definitely did. The press won't let go of this anyway

Daily Mail going to town
Although this one reads like it’s setting it up for it being his decision to leave … emerging BBC light entertainment face.

(could probably have done without this bit, though:
Some do it for the experience, learn a new skill and up their profile, while also having some fun.

'Whereas others are hugely determined and want to lift the glitterball by putting in the hours in the rehearsals and working their backsides off.

'If you are aligned with the latter and can accept the tough talking and brutal approach, Giovanni is your man.')

Reactions: 2

MeghanSnarkle

VIP Member
It's sad that she's had to deal with the most amount of trolls especially from the ones that are down right life threatening as well. I know some have popped up in the Joe and Dianne thread as well over time.

Dianne looks really pretty here 🌸
Bloody hell, there are only a handful of us on the Joe thread and none of us have ever threatened to take Dianne's life that I can think of , that's quite shocking.

MidCenturyMadOne

VIP Member
Fucking hell I’d like to think that Vito has better taste than grubby, desperate, dopey Dianne!

He’d certainly be an upgrade from Suggs though! Dianne would be slaughtered by his fans if she did!
Vito and Dianne are very close , but really doubt they are ‘that kind of’ close

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Someone on DS commented that Angela S. hasn't been seen this week which I now realise is true. She hasn't been in any of the videos or insta stuff. Hope she's ok. Carlos is there.

I hadn't quite realised Ellie and Vito's planned tattoos are going to be bees with the body of an aubergine?? Yikes what horror is this??! Hopefully small, and Vito has plenty of crap tattoos already.
Will qualified tattoo artist Neil Jones be doing it? Will it be on Vito's arse and will it be livestreamed?
I suppose the bee is for Manchester?

MidCenturyMadOne

VIP Member
Do they shoot new ones for the tour for the existing couples or just the newly formed ones like Annabel and Krishnan who have new pros?
I think they do the new ones first, or did in 2022. Last year they did everyone together in new outfits all on the Saturday before rehearsals.

diamondthunder

VIP Member
I'm tentatively hopeful I'll like the
Blackpool, Barbie and Launch Show ones
better with the different staging.
The pro dance though, yikes.
---
It's from the launch show. With judges and pros.

Not that I'm going, but surely the Vito/Nikita one was far better than the Carlos one? That was bum-clenchingly terrible. Maybe they wanted to give Carlos a showcase?
I can see why the Vito/Nikita one wasn't an option. There was just no way in hell anyone was lugging that rooftop around and too much of the choreography involved it for it to really be the same dance if they took it out. I think it also would have been too much of an injury risk to do so many times. One slip or missed hand and they could wind up in need of Nigel's painkillers. I wish they'd picked anything else though. So disappointed it's not the castle one.

I really hope they do some version of the Vito/Nikita dance on the pro tour though. I think adapting out the rooftop would work better on the stage rather than in an arena.

Last edited:

Scm

I might be wrong but in terms of Amy I’m sure she was on Lorraine earlier in the month and she posted about going from there onto a hospital appointment with a photo inside hospital. Then radio silence…I really hope it’s not bad news. The social media break seems very out of character.

• Sad

OtherMoon

VIP Member
I'm surprised by some of the picks for tour. I'd have thought Quickstep instead of VW for Bobby, and Jive instead of Samba for Annabel.

I'm not overly keen on Ellie doing her Paso either. I'd have thought her Salsa, or especially Charleston since it already has backing dancers would be better for an arena. I guess they must have thought the lifts were too much of a risk.
I think the Paso will go down really well in the Arenas with it being dance music and the light show. I would love to have seen her Salsa again too.
I am finding the picks this year a bit odd, I know they like to give a mix of tempo and style but having more than usual just okish dancers on tour Annabel, Angela R and Krishna and even Bobby sorta shows. At least Krishna will bring the fun and joy.
The only ones I'm excited about Ellie, Angela S and Layton.

Minnietred

Is it me or have we seen a lot less of Vito’s chest (apart from on Saturday evenings) since the last series started?

• Sad

MidCenturyMadOne

VIP Member
Sorry, I'm not up to speed with Burn the Floor. I thought it was mainly contemporary. As I said, Arduino is lovely and would have made a great pro, but maybe he's happy with his current arrangement.
I think he’s happy either way, he gets to be in the pro dances and stand in on the pro tour when needed ( he took Cameron’s place in 2022) and gets to choreo the rest of the time and then work with other shows afterwards. He’s super talented, nice , and is a loyal friend to Jowita, which is a plus.
---
Very basic and nowhere near Championship level. You could tell when they were new to Strictly there were definite gaps.
Janette got up to speed, Karen hasn’t. She trained in ballroom in her twenties rather than as a child/teen

lizzolyn

VIP Member
I feel the need to defend Dianne here. They've been together for 5 years and even though they've been putting up with this crap since pretty much the start there's never been a reason (imo) to suggest that Dianne has or would cheat. Who knows if they'll live "happily ever after" but I don't think it's fair to say it will be down to Dianne if they don't.
It's sad that she's had to deal with the most amount of trolls especially from the ones that are down right life threatening as well. I know some have popped up in the Joe and Dianne thread as well over time.

Lauren’s messages of support for Krishnan and Jowita are so cute, she is the sweetest! I adore all 3 of them ❤
---
Another Nikita as Ken picture. Oh to be Dianne
Dianne looks really pretty here 🌸

• Wow

soccergirl

VIP Member
Someone on FB was saying Giovanni has already announced his show dates for next Jan. So clearly (no surprise) not doing the tour again. Wonder if Lauren will continue with him?

soccergirl

VIP Member
BBC are standing behind FR (not too close, he's wearing GPVita after all...).
I presume this will ultimately go away and he'll probably come back for a swansong.

'The feeling is he is a tough taskmaster, but hasn't bullied or abused anyone. The BBC see him as a key face of Strictly and will do all they can to support him.'

Last edited:

AshT

In terms of injuries, I think it’s more the culture around Strictly that’s the issue. Training hours should be predetermined in the celebs contracts for one.

Karen got lots of flack for her attitude this year. Her shocking choreo’s also routinely discussed.

Katya was on the receiving end of huge backlash and abuse after her drunken kiss with Seann. The fact it’s still being used as a stick to beat her with (never mind being referred to as an affair scandal) is wild, and very probably misogynistic.

Gio’s band of flying Beryl’s are all over socials and daily mail comments defending him with their lives so I wouldn’t worry about a few dissenting voices on Tattle.
Not a bit worried about Gio and like I've said I'm not here to defend genuinely bad behaviour. I'm certainly not being a blind follower. It was just the unfairness and media lies I don't like. With any of the pros really. Some of the pros are just marmite to people but it's no excuse for mistruths.

And I certainly wasn't beating Katya, I agree that she's been treated badly by media and the show. Simply stating that something happened is not misogyny. Although perhaps excusing female behaviour while bashing males for the same could be considered misandry?

I was merely pointing out that if we genuinely look at all the pros, especially the long term ones, they all have flaws, they've pretty much all made mistakes, all had disagreements and good and bad partnerships.

And like I said previously my belief is that the culture at the show needs to be looked at for everyone's sake.

Blue_ocean

VIP Member
I know this might cause some controversy
But surely on signing up to the tour your also accepting having some time away from your child?
Aljaz seems to have gone to birmingham with janette and lyra who didn't sleep well and then she's talking about not seeing her until Sunday, which is still a double show day
If she wasn't ready to be away for more than a couple of days she could have turned it down and let someone else have a turn hosting and stayed home.
Surely aljaz won't be carting Lyra up and down the country every few days unsettling her so that janette can see her.

Nobody else would be able to bring children in hotels, arenas or tourbus as it just wouldn't be fair on anyone nor appropriate

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
Oh my god, the closed captions on Neil's latest tour vlog!! 😆

No, Neil, that's really not gonna happen (although I wouldn't put it past him)!

Screenshot_20240119_144644_TikTok.jpg

• Haha