Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

childofthe70s

VIP Member
Not usually one to drop in on these threads but "hello"! I saw Kevin Clifton is in the new series of Father Brown, I wonder if any of the cast (aside Tom Chambers) would be approached for this year.

Reactions: 1

MidCenturyMadOne

VIP Member
I'm tentatively hopeful I'll like the
Blackpool, Barbie and Launch Show ones
better with the different staging.
The pro dance though, yikes.
---

I can see why the Vito/Nikita one wasn't an option. There was just no way in hell anyone was lugging that rooftop around and too much of the choreography involved it for it to really be the same dance if they took it out. I think it also would have been too much of an injury risk to do so many times. One slip or missed hand and they could wind up in need of Nigel's painkillers. I wish they'd picked anything else though. So disappointed it's not the castle one.

I really hope they do some version of the Vito/Nikita dance on the pro tour though. I think adapting out the rooftop would work better on the stage rather than in an arena.
i suspect the stairs they’veused for pro tour the last two years could be used for that

OtherMoon

VIP Member
Not usually one to drop in on these threads but "hello"! I saw Kevin Clifton is in the new series of Father Brown, I wonder if any of the cast (aside Tom Chambers) would be approached for this year.
Oh thanks for sharing I didn't realise Kevin had done any tv acting work. Was he any good?

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
That story seems like absolute bollocks. No way would Amanda expect to be on the tour after she withdrew so early. Just feels like the tabs are throwing everything at the wall now in the absence of real news.

The quote from her about PTSD is pointed. Someone from the show leaked it to discredit her- can only be one of the production team, presumably.

link to Spanish live version is here if anyone wants to practise their Spanish
Ah, thank you! Blimey, how long do they spend talking about each dance 😆

Boogs

VIP Member
Oh my god, the closed captions on Neil's latest tour vlog!! 😆

No, Neil, that's really not gonna happen (although I wouldn't put it past him)!

View attachment 2700680
Neil clearly fancies himself as some sort of influencer which is a shame as his social media is pretty dire and very cringey. I want to tell him to chill out and enjoy his nice life with his beautiful fiancé and daughter and stop being such a try hard!

Karen wearing the green outfit Luba wore in the Blackpool dance so guess they’re not taking that boy out of the routine. I wonder who will do Johannes part? Presumably one of the males without a partner as the others will be dancing with their celebs… Maybe it will be Neil? 😭😭
---
The barbie dance, Nikita as Ken (rip thrusting Nikita gif)
Not sure who Layton is supposed to be but he looks fab!!
The thought of Neil in drag has nearly finished me 😩

Looks like Layton finally gets to dance with his first partner of choice Graziano 😂 I wonder how ‘Ken’ feels about that 🤔

soccergirl

VIP Member
His family lives in italy and he grew up there, I think it’s more a base to be near them in the future. There’s no way the golden boy of Strictly will go back to Ballando. He’s more likely to be offered mega bucks to do the USA one
No I know, but he ain't going to be retiring to Italy for a while yet! The main thing the post showed was that the relationship is serious. Is she a model? I know she was a uni student till last summer!

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I see the Traitors podcast thing has been added to the list of official BBC programmes to Masterchef, mastermind, House of games, Pointless etc Strictly people appear on. So far we’ve had Stacey, Gio and Krishnan.

Last edited:

Boogs

VIP Member
What happened between Gio and Graz? Surely Graz is one of the least confrontational pros they have?

That guy was their Les Dennis equivalent, barely moved! Though I do like that on DWTS Ireland, the celebs generally come on to have a good time rather than being too serious.

The 24 was for Michelle's boyfriend who is partnered up with Blu from UK Drag Race. It didn't feel like an 8 worthy dance to me, though I get the impression that drag queens are almost guaranteed high scores because they can perform.
Yeah I was glad to see 17, and 16 scores. Just seems more realistic tbh. The Drag Queens do tend to do well based on past series but eventually the other celebs do catch up or maybe they just learn to relax more!

Maybe I should watch it!?😅

MidCenturyMadOne

VIP Member
Guys please no hate for what I’m about to post as I have thought long and hard about whether I should say anything but have decided to. I don’t have 100% evidence and am still a little unsure as to believe it but I was introduced to someone at a friends party a couple of weeks ago who I found out was part of the strictly glam squad this series (that’s completely true - I’ve seen evidence of it and my friend said that she has worked in tv makeup for a few years) Obviously I was like a kid in a sweet shop & asking lots of questions trying not to sound like a complete idiot when she jokingly said to ask her what everyone else was hounding her about regards E & V. I told her like I’ve said on this forum I didn’t believe it at first but then something changed in me because of the way they were and She basically confirmed that they were together as a couple and this was widely known between cast and crew! Apparently they were very tactile with one another backstage and whilst not full on snogging in front of everyone they were affectionate and didn’t hide

I know they have denied it on the press round but I don’t know whether thats to dampen speciation and give them a little privacy, they have split or if they weren’t together and the person I spoke to was full of crap.

Like i said earlier please no hate as I have pondered posting this but my friend said that this lady was a genuine person and doesn’t have any reason to lie and she had clearly been working on the series as she showed me various pics of herself with the cast!
I have insider knowledge of various things but I never disclose it, or who it was , do be careful, or edit this.
---
Do they reuse the same songs every year?
The gold press ,start and end outfits are always the same aswell as the songs and set down to the fountains.
When your paying to go and see don't you expect a difference of some sort as good as it is
Even if they changed the host around plenty of ex pros and contestants to choose from that would add something sorry to say I don't enjoy janette on it takes two and the tour isn't much better.
Always seems to be gold outfits. I suspect they have a random stock of them they alter according to the cast to save money.

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
I think House of Strictly sounds like a reference to the drag ball culture of the 80s and 90s where vogueing was born. Odd choice for a load of heterosexual cis people but 🤷‍♀️

Minnietred

Maybe because it's winter?! and also he posts very little now that isn't Strictly-related.
Well this hormonal mess is missing the thirst traps! Bring on the summer, hopefully then I will have something else to blame my hot flushes on🥵😜

• Haha

Blue_ocean

VIP Member
Full list of tour dances. Layton doing paso and QS. Krishnan doing Cha Cha Cha and Quickstep.

There's a lot of repetitive dances considering how many there is to choose from
No Waltz, one vienesse, no salsa, no foxtrot, no tango, no CC,no Rumba
Do they choose or is it assigned??

Half way though it'll probably start getting boring not going this year though.