Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

diamondthunder

VIP Member
I think the Paso will go down really well in the Arenas with it being dance music and the light show. I would love to have seen her Salsa again too.
I am finding the picks this year a bit odd, I know they like to give a mix of tempo and style but having more than usual just okish dancers on tour Annabel, Angela R and Krishna and even Bobby sorta shows. At least Krishna will bring the fun and joy.
The only ones I'm excited about Ellie, Angela S and Layton.
Same. Though I wish Angela and Ellie swapped Charleston and Paso around (that awful bloody song!)
I'm glad Layton's doing his Paso, that's the main thing I really wanted for the tour. I hope AT or Quickstep is his other choice.
And I hope they don't make Krishnan do his Couple's Choice. I'd rather see his Cha Cha or Charleston. Or anything else actually.

Reactions: 1

diamondthunder

VIP Member
Ugh, so disappointed in the group/pro dances. Hated all of them.

I really hoped they'd do the castle one from week one instead of the one from the launch show.

The Fosse one's the worst, can't believe they picked it. 😩

Reactions: 1

BDY_97

VIP Member
It's from the launch show. With judges and pros.

Not that I'm going, but surely the Vito/Nikita one was far better than the Carlos one? That was bum-clenchingly terrible. Maybe they wanted to give Carlos a showcase?
Ah ok! I did love that one, but the closing dance is usually different choreo to incorporate all of the couples so looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Janette & Karen were both pushing it as far as ballroom & latin ability. Janette's track record speaks for itself and anyone remember Karen's first routines with Nicky? Then again, not just them as whilst decent at latin, Graziano was beginner level at ballroom when with Vick.
I remember him doing the dance tutorials on ITT and dance people were cringing at his footwork.

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
Not surprised Bobby won the matinee, he will be mega popular with kids. I am, however, pleasantly surprised that Layton and Nikita came 2nd. I do hope that it isn’t just these 2 dominating the whole way through and that Ellie and Angela S get a few too.
Yeah, the matinee kids and nans will be well up for Bobby. Surprised Ellie wasn't second, though. But still good on the lads for taking the RU spot. I can't see Angela S winning anything, tbh. I'm still holding out hope for a Krishnan RU place.

Blue_ocean

VIP Member
I don’t see why they can’t bring her along for some of it 🤷🏻‍♀️ The DWTS tour currently has 1 (soon to be 2) babies on the road with them and that’s including tour buses etc which Janette obviously won’t be doing with Lyra.

I think it’s more likely that Janette will travel home to see her on days off with Aljaz maybe bringing her to watch an occasional show when the tour is up north.
things might be different wih DWTS
That I can think of no one has brought their children along on strictly tours
At the end of the day it is work
A lot of moving around , long days, tech runs, rehearsals , long bus trips, late nights, early mornings and noise
If it was suitable for children everyone would be bringing there's.

Glaschelle

VIP Member
I'm raging that Layton and Nikita arre buried in the middle of the running order!

Are they frightened that they might get another show winner who doesn't win a tour show???

diamondthunder

VIP Member
Do they reuse the same songs every year?
The gold press ,start and end outfits are always the same aswell as the songs and set down to the fountains.
When your paying to go and see don't you expect a difference of some sort as good as it is
Even if they changed the host around plenty of ex pros and contestants to choose from that would add something sorry to say I don't enjoy janette on it takes two and the tour isn't much better.
I think there were gold outfits for the opening of the 2020 tour, but last year was nothing like this year's. IIRC the closing number last year and the year before were pretty similar choreography and song-wise, but again, this year is nothing like last year's. 🤷‍♀️

eta, found a clip, they didn't even have gold outfits in 2020, they were mostly white. The songs sound nothing alike either 😂

BDY_97

VIP Member
things might be different wih DWTS
That I can think of no one has brought their children along on strictly tours
At the end of the day it is work
A lot of moving around , long days, tech runs, rehearsals , long bus trips, late nights, early mornings and noise
If it was suitable for children everyone would be bringing there's.
Who said Janette is bringing her? She’s obviously with her dad who will visit, but he’s not a part of the traveling cast and neither will the baby. I’m assuming it will be similar with Chyna who will also visit Neil with their daughter on certain stops.

gdw1910

Get your screenshots and screensavers and new profile pics, Layton stans 😛

Sorry but why does Jowitas hair look like that?

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
I’m gutted as Layton and Nikita’s AT is what I think of as their dance. Then again it makes me cry so maybe not so good for me in public 😂
I don’t think they will do the Charleston as there are too many things that could go wrong. I’d quite like their quickstep, CC, salsa, tango, jive or CCC (I don’t think they would risk the stirring pot). Basically there aren’t many Lakita dances I wouldn’t love to see live 😁
I know. If it isn't the QS then I'd love the CCC, but as you say, too risky with the pot-stirrer. It would have been a good tour dance, too.

gdw1910

Karim’s jive is still one of my fave Strictly dances.

Aw Krishnan and Jowita look cute together. That’ll be a nice partnership
Love these two! Do we know yet what dances each pair are doing, other than Angela and Carlos?

Scarlett O' Hara

VIP Member
It is crazy that she Rose had to be carried around and that nobody around the entire production thought to step in and say she needed rest. But it's no different really to Hamza last year barely being able to walk because of his knees. Or AJ delaying treatment and being pumped with steroids in the hope she could perform. None of these things are ok.
I'm not really into supporting any one pro unconditionally. Their partnerships each year changes my opinion. I liked Vito and Ellie (apart from that ridiculous list) this year, but apart from two dances with Fleur, i thought there was a mismatch in choreo.
I've liked some of Gios partnerships and hated others but overall I think the worst thing that ever happened was him winning the show. He couldn't handle the praise and his ego exploded. TBF most would struggle with the total nonsense that went on over Rose and him winning.
I do think it's a shame because at one stage he was one of the better dancers and choreographers. And contrary to what was said above, before he won, he was much better at working out what the celebs public appeal was and creating dances that matched that.
I also think that he was only given the Rose shaped golden ticket because he had been praised so much for adapting to his partners before.
I'm certainly not defending him, and agree that some of his behaviour has been shady in recent times but I also think there's a witch hunt going on and he's currently being attacked for things that most of the other pros get excused for.
Can you explain what that means? Not being contentious , just don't understand exactly what you mean.