Strictly Come Dancing 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speaking of Annabel, I'm assuming we're getting Foxtrot and American Smooth from her on tour?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
So I probably would have agreed completely that he pushed too hard until this week ironically. When all the articles came out I did a deep dive on past interviews because what was being written about past partnerships doesn't match what I remember. There are articles and video clips of Faye Debbie Ranvir Rose and Michelle saying he pushed them and was a perfectionist but that they are glad he did or that he was right to or that they couldn't believe what they were actually capable of when they started believing in themselves.

I'm not really here to defend him because I've given out plenty about him before and I don't really care for his behaviour since he won. The only reason I've posted is because I just don't understand why people are hypocritical in their comments about him.

Oti is held up on a pedestal but she tied Bill to a backboard and trained every night until well after 9 or 10. As someone said above she admitted she went too hard on Danny Mac. She and Kelvin don't communicate on socials because of what went down between them and he also spoke about a big training room fall out. Ugo ended up with back surgery within a month and Jamie broke a bone before week 1!

Karen's excused for a half hearted season with Eddie but Gios the worst for the same with Richie? And it's confusing in itself to say he pushes all his partners too hard while also saying he couldn't really be bothered.

Katya (of the affair scandal) is a saint because she sent Nigel home every night but Gio doesn't care even though Ranvir left earlier every day because she was a single parent?

For whatever reason, or lots of reasons, Gio irritates many and they don't like him. Me too most of the time. But it's just ridiculous to have these blatant double standards and to excuse one pros bad behaviour because they're someone that's liked and pile on another because they're not.

Also the BBC have to back him because he was their employee at the time and legally if they go against them it's equivalent to admitting they were lacking in their duty of care to the celebs too.
The difference between Katya/Nigel and a Gio/Ranvir is that Katya seemed to get there all by herself without being told … unlike Gio.

Ugo came into Strictly carrying a historic back injury. I don’t know about anyone else, but as someone who has had a couple of back surgeries, if the only way I could get relief was by lying on the floor, I would have nixed that idea however many medics assured me I’d be fine with a steroid injection.

I’ve lost count of the number of celebs since the show began who have been lashed to various ’training aids’ by a variety of pros. Broomsticks are a perennial favourite. I think we’re supposed to find it amusing.

i think by and large the pro’s and celebs manage to find a working relationship. Celebs that are used to being trained will respond better to certain methods, celebs that are used to being part of an ensemble cast will probably treat it more like an on location job. It’s the insistence of the show Itself that everyone is BF 4 Eva that muddies the waters. Most of them probably skip off merrily without a backward glance until they have to pair up on Pointless Celebrities or similar.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
In terms of injuries, I think it’s more the culture around Strictly that’s the issue. Training hours should be predetermined in the celebs contracts for one.

Karen got lots of flack for her attitude this year. Her shocking choreo’s also routinely discussed.

Katya was on the receiving end of huge backlash and abuse after her drunken kiss with Seann. The fact it’s still being used as a stick to beat her with (never mind being referred to as an affair scandal) is wild, and very probably misogynistic.

Gio’s band of flying Beryl’s are all over socials and daily mail comments defending him with their lives so I wouldn’t worry about a few dissenting voices on Tattle.

Reactions: 16
What is going on?! I come on here having not been on for a few days to see love and requests for Neil to be giving a celeb partner!

HAVE A WORD WITH YOURSELVES! :oops: 🤭:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
In terms of injuries, I think it’s more the culture around Strictly that’s the issue. Training hours should be predetermined in the celebs contracts for one.

Karen got lots of flack for her attitude this year. Her shocking choreo’s also routinely discussed.

Katya was on the receiving end of huge backlash and abuse after her drunken kiss with Seann. The fact it’s still being used as a stick to beat her with (never mind being referred to as an affair scandal) is wild, and very probably misogynistic.

Gio’s band of flying Beryl’s are all over socials and daily mail comments defending him with their lives so I wouldn’t worry about a few dissenting voices on Tattle.
Yep, this is literally the only place I have seen on t'internet (DS, Facebook, even the Gen Z Twitter/insta/TikTok Strictly fans) where any anti-Gio view is expressed, which is wild!

Reactions: 7

Not a bit worried about Gio and like I've said I'm not here to defend genuinely bad behaviour. I'm certainly not being a blind follower. It was just the unfairness and media lies I don't like. With any of the pros really. Some of the pros are just marmite to people but it's no excuse for mistruths.

And I certainly wasn't beating Katya, I agree that she's been treated badly by media and the show. Simply stating that something happened is not misogyny. Although perhaps excusing female behaviour while bashing males for the same could be considered misandry?

I was merely pointing out that if we genuinely look at all the pros, especially the long term ones, they all have flaws, they've pretty much all made mistakes, all had disagreements and good and bad partnerships.

And like I said previously my belief is that the culture at the show needs to be looked at for everyone's sake.

Reactions: 2
What is going on?! I come on here having not been on for a few days to see love and requests for Neil to be giving a celeb partner!

HAVE A WORD WITH YOURSELVES! :oops: 🤭:ROFLMAO:
Everyone finally realising the truth of what I've always been saying and joining the Neil train! 🎊🎉🎊🎉

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Still no Neil love from me I'm afraid, I watched his very boring tour Tiktok and got the ick from him putting his beard oil and lip balm on 😆 there is some Vito in it though.

• Haha
Just speaking for myself, I don't give other pros a pass for pushing celebs too hard. I disapprove even if one I like does it. Gio seems to be the worst for it though, and I'm glad since I don't like him lol

I love Vito, but I was and still am quite disappointed in him for the ludicrously over-ambitious final lift. The difference is he doesn't have a history of being a dick and making his celebs miserable on top of one dumb moment of being over-ambitious.

Katya's one of my favourite pros, but I thought she got carried away and pushed Adam too hard, and caused him to go out a bit earlier than he would have if she'd dialled it down a notch.

Also I never really liked Oti. Great dancer and choreographer, but for some reason she was one of the 'oops, always forget she exists' pros for me, outside of in the pro numbers. And I did think she was a bit of a dick for the thing with Jamie's injury - I'm pretty sure I remember reading somewhere that she tried to convince him to dance anyway?

• Heart
Still no Neil love from me I'm afraid, I watched his very boring tour Tiktok and got the ick from him putting his beard oil and lip balm on 😆 there is some Vito in it though.

Thank god for you and @coconochanel
I was reading these posts with dismay. Half of his vlog yesterday consisted of his skin care and then sad face because he couldn’t have a dance with his mirror self in the lift. This man is in his 40’s FFS 🤦‍♀️
---
Everyone finally realising the truth of what I've always been saying and joining the Neil train! 🎊🎉🎊🎉
What subliminal messages have you been putting in your posts?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Sorry for the DM link, but some photos from rehearsals:

Looks like Layton is doing his Paso, and is that Bobby's Viennese Waltz? Odd choice, I thought they'd be doing the Samba and Quickstep :unsure:

ETA: They said on the One Show they're doing Samba and VW.

Last edited:
I think if Coleen Nolan did it I’d give that year a miss, unless she went out the first week.
The only thing worse than Coleen Nolan doing it for me would be if her ex husband and all round annoying twit (who regularly spoils my favourite soap with his wonky botox and face lifts) Shane Ritchie being on it at the same time, I bloody hate the pair of them .

Reactions: 11
Sorry for the DM link, but some photos from rehearsals:

Looks like Layton is doing his Paso, and is that Bobby's Viennese Waltz? Odd choice, I thought they'd be doing the Samba and Quickstep :unsure:

ETA: They said on the One Show they're doing Samba and VW.
I would have though Bobby would do his quickstep or showdance rather than the VW.

That definitely looks like Laytons Paso. I’m still praying their other dance is the AT. They’re so cute 🥰

IMG_6836.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.