Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boogs

VIP Member
All the pros have grown up in the competitive world. I think the difference is that they have the humility and empathy to learn to adapt for others and he just arrogantly thinks his way is the right way so people should just put up and shut up. It’s clear that the other pros have kept their distance from him apart from Lauren and Gorka hanging with him in the background. The current pros seem like they have a genuine bond and some good friendships. Who wants to hang out with someone who makes it obvious he thinks he is better than you all.

Reactions: 14

gdw1910

I reckon Faye is definitely one of those making a complaint, I remember one of her stories when she was on the show, she was talking to Luba about Gio being very tough with her, Luba just nodded, wouldn't be surprised if Luba put a complaint in too, she used to tour with him before Lauren and suddenly stopped.
I don't think any of the pros will publicly say anything bad about him, but I doubt they'll rush to his defences either

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
But not all the celebs wanted to win - they wanted to have a good experience!
This!

I think this whole situation also makes a good case for not giving any pro a succession of ringers or celebs with potential so they end up treating it much more like a serious competition than light-hearted Saturday night entertainment

Maybe if Gio had been given a duffer to teach say in his second or third series (before his ego got completely out of hand) he might have developed a bit more empathy and appreciated that it's not always about the win

Geetbo

VIP Member
At least with Neil and Stacey together you’d have a guaranteed piss break during the early week marathon shows.

• Haha

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
No one person makes or breaks a show. Yes, we all have ones we really like, (or not), but even if they leave, the show will go on.

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Same for me. I would like more contestants like Krishnan that radiate joy when dancing - I didn’t care that he wasn’t best dancer, he did his best and had fun - it showed. Oh some ringers as well.
---
Just seen Michelle’s post on insta her mum is stunning.
Lauren was a great example of a pro who ‘got’ her celeb and made it a great experience for them. Gio should have taken note.
[/QUOTE]

I looked forward to seeing Krishnan every week, and the openness with which he spoke about what doing Strictly meant to him. That's what the show is about.

I wouldn't have changed any of the partnerships, thinking back over them. Any of the other pros would have been better for Amanda, with hindsight. JoJo, Kai, Vito, Graz, Nikita, Gorka, Carlos - all of them really come across as kind.

Competitive, yes, of course, but I think they want to make the show a good experience for their celebrity. I genuinely cannot imagine any of them reducing a partner to tears.

soccergirl

VIP Member
I'm just glad that anti-royalists like me won't be subjected to fawning build-up for a week to Kai doing a couple of foxtrot steps with Camilla ( you know it would be him, no dirty foreigners, though I guess Jojo has now been rendered acceptable by Annabel). Meanwhile Gio is out the back trying to 'charm' Kate.

Someone on DS mentioned Jenny Eclair as a possible - apparently she's rescheduling tour dates and has expressed interest. I don't know much about her apart from she's been vaguely mooted for a while for the 'older woman' slot. When I looked her up, who did I find her with? get them both in!! #su4strictly
1713294281753.png

Last edited:
  • Haha

posy

VIP Member
I see Rose has landed the job of presenter for the 2024 Paralympics in Paris - good for her.

soccergirl

VIP Member
Kai and Nadiya seem like a pleasant, middle-aged couple who talk about golf a lot and just happen to be very good at dancing.
Kai would be hosting a bbq for the local Conservative club, and Nadiya sorting out her beige pashmina collection, if you called round. I can't imagine their show being thrilling: would much rather see Graz.

• Haha

posy

VIP Member
It’s the comments from people saying I bet she signed up to raise her profile and for the money - makes me laugh. Think that is why 90% of the celebs sign up!

Reactions: 13

soccergirl

VIP Member
It had better be Pasquale, I really don’t want him to suffer the Italian version again.
He’s nearly 35, I don’t think he’s a goer, plus do they really want another Italian?

The Beryls are out in force on Facebook declaring they’ll never watch the show again. Listen, if this show survived Pasha going it’ll survive a surly, hand-tattooed chain-smoker flouncing off.

• Haha

MidCenturyMadOne

VIP Member
All I want from Strictly is to see some good dancing, a bit of light hearted entertainment, and enjoy watching ‘The Journey’ of contestants I like. That’s it.
Same for me. I would like more contestants like Krishnan that radiate joy when dancing - I didn’t care that he wasn’t best dancer, he did his best and had fun - it showed. Oh some ringers as well.
---
Just seen Michelle’s post on insta her mum is stunning.
[/QUOTE]
Lauren was a great example of a pro who ‘got’ her celeb and made it a great experience for them. Gio should have taken note.

Honestly there could be a date-stamped video of him punching Amanda in the face then whipping out his member and pissing on her and 5000 Sandras would immediately reply 'To succeed at that level requires a commitment that some people just don't want to give. She probably didn't want to work hard. When I met him he was lovely'

I am not easily shocked, but the internalised misogyny is shocking. He's not gonna shag you (unless you're 25 and busty)
I’m finding the rampant misogyny of all of this incredibly depressing, not least the dissonance of those insisting that there can’t be a problem because persons A, B, & C didn’t speak up, whilst flinging shit at persons D, F, & G because they have spoken up.