Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boogs

VIP Member
Go Korina! It takes some balls to make a stand in the shit show that is the comments on that post.

Reactions: 18
Has anyone talked about the size of Giovanni's 'member'? I haven't seen it on here, and God knows, Stephen or Geetbo would have!
I must have scrolled past those comments too as I don’t recall them either 😐
---
I agree to a degree about Amanda but I think what she’s doing seems quite vindictive.
‘Vindictive’ in what sense? If someone experiences an untenable working environment, what should they do differently to what Amanda has done?

She removed herself from the situation, made no public allegations, requested evidence of the workplace environment from the employer, spoke to others who had had similar experiences, and sought legal representation.

Which parts of the above were not the correct course of action?

Last edited:
Reactions: 18

posy

VIP Member
My whole issue with Gio is that he is adamant that he doesn’t need to adjust his training style but not everyone learns via a militant style, which can come across as bullying. On a one to one teaching - you should be able to amend your style to suit your student. With Strictly perhaps some celebs just want to learn to dance, entertain the public on a Saturday night but aren’t fussed about the lifting glitterball and that’s OK. IF the reports are true that there were weekly crisis meetings, along with the celeb crying on a regular basis - he should have softened his approach and if he didn’t - then that is unacceptable. The fact he left the comments on, on his statement, knowing full well that people would mainly be supporting him and saying horrible things about the complainants is to me unacceptable and feels like a bullying tactic. He absolutely had a right to do a statement and had he turned off the comments - I would have had some respect for him.

Reactions: 17

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
However this turns out, all eyes are going to be on how celebs are treated on Strictly (and other similar shows) because up until now there seems to be a weird grey area about what's acceptable.

With Debbie McGee, I guess her perspective might come from training as a professional ballet dancer in the 70s, where I imagine Gio shouting at her would be like water off a ducks back compared to what she might have experienced. Whereas others might have thought 'hang on, this would be classed as workplace bullying in another setting so why is it acceptable here'

Re Ranvir, all this has reminded me of an interview Caroline Quentin gave post-Strictly (which I can't find now of course) where she was a bit mixed about the whole thing. But in it she said something like, she was shocked at how some pros talked to and treated their partner. And I remember being surprised because she seemed to get on ok with everyone. So at the time I went to see which pros she was following on insta - it was all of them, apart from Gio (not to put too much on insta follows, but it did suggest might have been referring to him)

Ablemabel

VIP Member
Looking on twitter, lots of people saying that Strictly has been around since they were babies or before they were born. I feel old!
It's amazing it's been 20 years! My dad was an amateur ballroom dancer - I still have his notebooks in which he has drawn all the steps with little feet. He died in November 2003 and I always think how much he would have bloody loved it!

• Heart

takingthemickmick

VIP Member
Craig, Claudia and Tess are strictly to me. I just hope Shirls brings back the creepy tiny shoes - I missed those shoes last year. I loved Darcey as a judge. I think though Angela S would be a good replacement for if/when Claudia leaves.
I love Claudia. She fills her Strictly role so perfectly. She's so quick witted but always has a lovely way of comforting the celebs who are disappointed with their performance.

posy

VIP Member
The people defending Gio, if it was Neil would they think that behaviour was acceptable. If it was a female pro doing that to a male celeb would it be acceptable?
If what is said is true - weekly crisis talks, Amanda found crying, Gio being spoken to after Amanda left and he still came out publicly on tv (think it was Lorraine) and say he won’t be changing his teaching style - proves he has no empathy and is just about winning at any cost. It is a bloody Saturday night light entertainment show! The allegations are against him in his workplace, not who is outside the training room. His evidence to clear his name so to speak will have to show that he is not a ‘bully’ in the training room - it doesn’t matter if he is lovely outside of the training room. I don’t think it’s going to be easy for him. He was even tough with Rose she nearly didnt dance the first week - he admits this in Dans book. Always go back to Michelle saying he the toughest pro but she needed/wanted that but that not everyone does. That’s the point if your celeb doesn’t want that you stop, if you are causing someone to cry regularly you stop. Well any decent person would.

posy

VIP Member
Sadly I think it will get ugly as I can’t see Gio ever admitting that he ever may have acted inappropriately as he sees as a coming from a place of love.

I used to like Gio until Ritchie, when he gave the vibe of not wanting to touch or look at him, followed by thinking he was too good for Strictly. Then the last series, there was the disrepect towards the choreographers of the group numbers, the face like thunder when Vito was on, the not congratulating the winners and then top it off the joke about Lauren getting a sh!t partner in the form of the Krishnan - who to me was magnificent.

OtherMoon

VIP Member
I feel oddly sad despite wanting Gio to go for years it's a shame this is how strictly has ended for him. I really wish he had left after his Win for Rose then he would have secured Strictly Ledged status instead he tarnished his own reputation with his Diva antics.

Boogs

VIP Member
She's serving a purpose in the Gio PR machine- make him look kind and loving and a generally nice guy before the new season starts.
Do you know what I was cynical and thinking the same but I’ve changed my mind after seeing this heartfelt declaration 😢
IMG_7357.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Loving DS right now with the 'Giovanni quits' thread - half of them on there talking total sense, and half having a tantrum over his past partners/the media. 🍿
DS has a disproportionately high proportion of painfully thick and/or obsessive posters.

If, as reported, it is true that three former partners have consulted lawyers and the BBC has launched a formal investigation, it obviously goes beyond ‘Amanda was a miserable, lazy luvvie who had a self-serving vendetta against the nicest man who ever appeared on TV’ 🙄

Last edited:

Geetbo

VIP Member
At the end of the day he’s only got himself to blame. I hope he enjoys Dancing on Ice 2026.

• Haha

Geetbo

VIP Member
I can’t wait for him to discover that the Beryls will move on very quickly and he will be reduced to doing ads for fannywater on insta.

This article confirms that Laura & Amanda are two of the partners who have contacted the lawyers, it doesn't mention Ranvir anywhere else in the article so I have to assume she's the 3rd and they just haven't got confirmation from sources on it. All of Gio's ex partners have been contacted for comment by the BBC to help with the investigation. The Sun suspects that Rose, Debbie & Michelle will back him, and Georgia, Faye & Richie are unlikely to.

They've got in contact with someone at the law agency who has said the following - "There have been numerous serious complaints made to the BBC who are now in the process of evidence gathering".

This is certainly taking a more serious turn. Good on Amanda for not backing down, even though it was guaranteed that she’d suffer the abuse and threats she did indeed receive, and which is sadly inevitable for any woman who dares to publicly oppose a popular man.

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
Vito and Nikita teaching Carlos classic Italian songs (on Dianne's insta). More of this content please!

Also, Krishnan's post for Lauren was lovely, but you are not telling me that an immensely experienced broadcaster who chooses his words with care didn't deliberately relegate Gio to a quasi-footnote

Krishnan is our petty sass king 😄🥰

• Heart
  • Haha

shugabug23

Chatty Member
I might’ve mentioned it already but I met Vincent last year in Alicante and he was so, so lovely!! He was stood beside me at the bar so I said quietly something like I’m a huge fan, AT is my fave dance and you are the king, could I have a photo when you get a chance.
Once he’d sorted the drinks, he came and sat at our table. Took some pics and chatted. Just delightful!! Small in height and I’ve never fancied him.. but meeting him made me swoon a bit haha 😍

• Heart

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
Pro tour was mostly great, Vito and Jowita dancing together are 🔥, as was Nikita and Luba's dance, and Carlos and Nancy and Karen and Gorka are always good together. Gorka and Jowita too.
I was a bit meh about Michelle's intro dance, you're just after telling us she's the 10 times Cypriot Latin champion, so why is she doing a commercial dance and not a Latin dance? But she was 🔥 in the Fosse section as seen in the clip above, as was Carlos in his corset. Enough of the Fosse bit with Carlos in the chair with the three girls though, it was in pro tour last year, on Strictly, and then pro tour again this year.
Some funny bits, usually involving Neil who continues to embrace his role as the comedy pro. The Barbie part was good and there was a lot of Gorka and Nikita chest on show, but Dianne's impression of Barbie involves speaking at a decibel only dogs can hear, so brace your ears for that 🙉😆
What are the thoughts on Karen doing a certain Lakita dance with Nikita? It was good, but I did wonder if it could have been brilliant with Carlos, like Mad About the Boy part 2. Vito and Nikita's dance was lovely, I wasn't fussed about it on the show but it works well with the stairs on stage.
Those wanting to see some eye candy will enjoy, I think Neil is the only boy who doesn't get his chest out at some point, for which I say thank you Neil 😁