Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

posy

VIP Member
On Nikita’s stories on insta is a little clip of his and Luba’s dance.

For me with Gio it’s a simple. If he and the BBC want to clear his name and feel he didnt do anything wrong then release to the complainants legal team the training footage they are asking for. Holding it back for data protection reasons looks a bit dodge to me.

Reactions: 12

glasgow27

VIP Member
As Gio was allegedly saying at his tour he was back for another year, something has happened since then - possibly a combination of everything came to a head. I think his main mistake was his ‘jokey’ comment about no one watching the professional dances on the show. It is one thing joke about having a non talented celeb in terms of dance, being strict in training etc, but to be disrespectful about the pro dances is another, it’s taking a swipe at the choreographers and also the creative vision of Jason G. Jason G seems very well respected in the business.
That and the comment about Krishnan. Celebs won't want to do the show if a pro is going to slag them off like that on a tour, even if just as a joke. And they weren't even partners, so seemingly anyone is fair game in FR's world.

I can imagine Gilko might be involved, I can't imagine he'd be very welcoming of FR after the pro dance comments.

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
This sounds AMAZING!!! 🤩🤩🤩
I remember the publicity for it being really weird - it just looked like a vanity project for Neil, and him and Katya had to do the press rounds post-Seann Walsh snog insisting that it was the greatest love story ever told and that they were completely over the incident and that actually they were thinking of starting a family (they split up a few months later)

The photoshoot for it was... something (Neil is a world champion! Katya wears some nice dresses!)

1000007100.png

• Haha

diamondthunder

VIP Member
Totally agree about Nigel and Ellie.

I agree to a degree about Amanda but I think what she’s doing seems quite vindictive.
Eh, if it was just her I'd probably agree, but remember two others are making formal complaints as well. There's no way there's three vindictive snowflakes going after him unfairly. And it seems like if they'd handled Amanda's situation better in the first place it wouldn't have gotten to this stage. I suspect Amanda would have been a bit of a handful for any pro, but I don't think any of the other pros would have handled it as badly as Gio did. He clearly has a more extreme attitude than any of the others or he wouldn't have so many unhappy ex-partners. All the pros are from a gruellingly competitive world, they're all used to pushing through pain, striving to win etc, but the others manage to rein it back enough not to be investigated for workplace misconduct.

I think the casting department need to be more careful in their choices too. She was obviously already dealing with some mental health issues, and then they pair her up with the most strict and competitive pro.

BDY_97

VIP Member
Not sure who Gio thinks he is? This decision should have been made months ago, giving him all of this time to make his choice just shows that he thinks he’s above the show. He’s given some great moments and partnerships but can’t say I will miss him too much. The arrival of pros like Nikita, Vito and Carlos have made me forget Gio even exists at times 😂

Boogs

VIP Member
On the DS appreciation thread I saw them moaning about the people criticising Gio saying how can they say that, they don’t know him. Neither do they!!!

This has been dragging on for months now so it’s definitely stepped up a gear if he felt the needs to write that statement. I agree that he knew exactly what response he would get and he’s rounding up the flying monkeys to take her down. He sees himself as the victim in this scenario, how dare someone try to make him accountable for his behaviour? The BBC have overindulged him by never giving him a duffer. I think he was always arrogant but by overindulging him they have created this prick who thinks he’s the main character who can do whatever he wants.

Boogs

VIP Member
I firmly believe that Gios relationship is a PR thing (for him at least). He’s showing that he’s a misunderstood guy who has a lovely girlfriend not a bully. She’ll be gone as soon as he no longer has a need for her.

I’ve driven over 300 miles today and have been listening to Johannes on audible whilst I sat on the car park that is the M25. He has such a lovely calming voice. Has anyone here been to his show?

• Heart

diamondthunder

VIP Member
Two more thoughts:

The 'why didn't they complain at the time?' arguments are stupid. Laura did complain at the time. And if we assume the third complainant is Ranvir, there are lots of obvious reasons why. 1 - it was the Covid year, so she wouldn't have seen as much of how other pros and celebs interacted to immediately identify that he was treating her unusually harshly. 2 - She seems a fairly reserved, soft-spoken person, and she's a journalist. Not surprising that she'd take some time to reflect before jumping into a formal complaint. 3 - How do we know she didn't say something to producers at the time and got ignored just like Amanda? 4 - No one wants to quit a show they've been contracted to do, nor publically make serious allegations while still under contract. Most people would grit their teeth and power through. 5 - She did make comments that his teaching style was too harsh for her and was destroying her confidence.

Dancers are tough cookies. I took B&L lessons for a few years as a child (alas, I sucked) and the most reiterated lesson about ballroom posture was 'if it doesn't hurt, you're doing it wrong'. My teacher didn't miss a single week of class even when she was pregnant. She taught a class 2 days before giving birth, and 5 days after. It's understandable that pros would have some trouble adjusting to the level of a non-athletic person while trying to pull a whole performance together in a week. But all the others manage to make the adjustment sooner or later. The fact that he hasn't learnt to dial it down in 9 years is a testament to his character. There've been other pros, particularly in the earlier series who've had complaints of being too harsh, but all of them managed to move forward from them. I think he's worse than Maks tbh, and that takes some doing. I'm pretty sure even he admits he mishandled some of his earlier partnerships because he was trying to teach them the way he was taught. Gio doubling down that he's not going to change his teaching style for anyone is not a good look.

Reactions: 11

daisybrown

VIP Member
Graz has a great reel with Vito on instagram. Very much worth a look if you need to brighten up your Tuesday evening!

• Haha

diamondthunder

VIP Member
She'd probably call you an anti-semite just for looking in her direction, then sue you for the trauma.

Also she always manages to make herself victim, like the Australia mall attack. She's vile.

So obsessed with anti-semitism that she said the Sydney mall attacker was Muslim with zero evidence. Photoshopped a picture of Corbyn at an anti-apartheid protest to call him racist, said she wept with joy when Boris was elected. Has now gone hard right and lost the bap.
Ah, thanks for the explanation. I knew she'd said something years ago about not supporting Corbyn because he was an anti-semite, but I didn't look any more into it because I couldn't care less about any religion.

Just had a look at her twitter. Yikes. Utterly unhinged to be tweeting it was an Islamic terrorist attack when photos showing it was just some white guy were out there within literally 2 or 3 hours. No apology either, just deleted it. Especially disgusting considering the security guard who died trying to stop him was a Muslim.

Ugh, Pasha, why did you marry a nutcase? 😬

DoseofReality

VIP Member
We all know Vito is in fact in 2 throuples. One with Luba and Jowita and a 2nd with Nikita and Carlos (with Graz as a voyeur like a lab at a window).

• Haha

Honeystar

VIP Member
To be fair even if she does know what’s going on she’s not going to tell the world on BBC breakfast, she was there to promote her play not talk about Gio. It was a very good answer and exactly what she needed to say